Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat > Introductions Will you Judge me? Will you Judge me?

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-03-2007, 10:38 PM   #21
Oldfart

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Kiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond repute
Kiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Kiwehnzii, I feel for you

WTF????? YOU FEEL FOR ME?

I didn't ask anybody to feel for me. Don't be giving me that crap. I deal with s**t. Same as whatserface there who started this thread should be doing.

You feel for me. Holy s**t !!!!!
Kiwehnzii is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-04-2007, 12:18 AM   #22
Pow Wow Visitor

littleowlwings is a jewel in the rough
I am sorry if you took afence to me saying I feel for you, So let me say I dont feel for you and I am sorry if you are angry. That is just a way that I word That I understand what you was saying. We all deal with crap every day and I am sure we will continue to do so. I do wonder is that all you got out of my post though.
littleowlwings is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-05-2007, 10:38 PM   #23
Maskwa

Maskwa is a jewel in the rough
Credits: 328.00
Thank you!

I justed wanted to take a few moments to say Thank you for your replies. As I read through them, and I am taking in what everyone is saying...It gives me thoughts and feelings of joy. I really appreciate everyone's opinions and thoughts. I never know that there could be so many of my own Native American People that felt or have went through the same things as myself, if not more. I love the fact that every one is so honest with me, I am truly honored by that. I do apologize that I have not been replying as I should to your comments. I have very limited access to the internet. I do try to get on as much as possible to as least read the replies. I really have a new look on things now. Of course my family is going to be by my side 100 percent all the time, it is all of you that has given me the confidence and the uplifting that I feel we all need sometimes. Thank you again. Please feel free to continue to post replies for I will check and reply as much as I can.

May the Creator walk beside you always.

Maskwa
Maskwa is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-06-2007, 11:05 PM   #24
Tim Horton's Addict

Little Man's Ma has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Man's Ma has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Man's Ma has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Man's Ma has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Man's Ma has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Man's Ma has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Man's Ma has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Man's Ma has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Man's Ma has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Man's Ma has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Man's Ma has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Man's Ma has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Man's Ma has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Man's Ma has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Man's Ma has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Man's Ma has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Man's Ma has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Man's Ma has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Man's Ma has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Man's Ma has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,295.41
Savings: 1.00
I have two girls who are very fair.. but all ndn!! They are both light skinned, one blue eyed, one brown eyed!.. They have danced since they could walk..they have been raised in a good way..but they have always faced dismay and ridicule from the local ndn kids cause they are not as dark. They used to come home sad when people call them white.. but after many discussions on who their family is/was, and where they came from, they are okay now. They have learned to take it in stride.. my one daughter, with the blue eyes, came up with Wonder Plus NDN.. looks white on the outside, with all the goodness of brown on the inside!!l.. you know.. like wonderplus bread.. lmao.. looks like white bread but with the goodness of whole wheat!! lmao
Old 05-07-2007, 04:58 PM   #25
Senior Dancer

SuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond repute
SuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 120.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Man's Ma View Post
I have two girls who are very fair.. but all ndn!! They are both light skinned, one blue eyed, one brown eyed!.. They have danced since they could walk..they have been raised in a good way..but they have always faced dismay and ridicule from the local ndn kids cause they are not as dark. They used to come home sad when people call them white.. but after many discussions on who their family is/was, and where they came from, they are okay now. They have learned to take it in stride.. my one daughter, with the blue eyes, came up with Wonder Plus NDN.. looks white on the outside, with all the goodness of brown on the inside!!l.. you know.. like wonderplus bread.. lmao.. looks like white bread but with the goodness of whole wheat!! lmao
LOL...I love that, I've have got to tell my youngest daughter
Suzze
SuzzeQ4 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-04-2007, 03:53 AM   #26
Tiny Tot Dancer

Cuetzpallincihuatl will become famous soon enough
Talking We all are one and...

June 4, 2007. Mexico-Tenochtitlan, The Land of the Aztecs.

Hello, Dear Maskwa,

I was touched by your story... about the registration paper, about being Cree and German... Let me tell you one thing... My Parents, both, are german... white people, but I was born here, in this beautiful land, so I am Aztec, I am an Aztec Indian... I am a white Aztec Indian. Everybody tells me too about my skin, my brunette hair and stuff, my green eyes, whatever, but, I behave, speak, walk, dance, sing, play the flute, and other native indian musical instruments, I wear every day, not only in ceremonials indigenous cloths, moccasins and my sacred feather that gives me Honour and Spiritual Power from our ancestors... I dance with my brothers and sisters Aztec Dances and many others, sometimes the Lakota People come here and dance with us, the Hopi People and all of us are one in Dance and songs, sharing happiness, some of us are whiter or darker, -who cares? -So, My Beloved Sister Maskwa, ignore when some one makes a remark or stares... Just be real, respect others, respect the drums, learn from our ancestors, share your joy, love the Mother Earth, give thanks to The Great Spirit and be proud in the good sense. -Here I am to be your sister and pen-pal. Sincerely, Cuetzpallincihuatl, the Aztec Indian.
Cuetzpallincihuatl is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-16-2007, 09:36 PM   #27
Junior Dancer

chickendad has a reputation beyond reputechickendad has a reputation beyond reputechickendad has a reputation beyond reputechickendad has a reputation beyond reputechickendad has a reputation beyond reputechickendad has a reputation beyond reputechickendad has a reputation beyond reputechickendad has a reputation beyond reputechickendad has a reputation beyond reputechickendad has a reputation beyond reputechickendad has a reputation beyond reputechickendad has a reputation beyond reputechickendad has a reputation beyond reputechickendad has a reputation beyond reputechickendad has a reputation beyond reputechickendad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 110.00
Just be who you are. Mix bloods will always be judged. Only you know who you really are inside. So be happy. I'm from the mountains of Virginia, we call ourselves Appalachian Cherokees because our people mixed with the whites after the Trail of Tears. We refused to register because in Viriginia at one time to have any other blood than white would not allow you to own land, go to school, vote, etc. Early cenuses in Virginia only allowed one to be white or black. Some would judge since I don't have the traditional look of a Native with black hair, so I went so far as to have a DNA test to prove my blood. Now I feel stupid for allowing myself to be pushed to such low standards. I know who I am and my family has always talked of our heritage. It's not totally Native, it's more folk, in that it's mixed between Native and hillbilly. Only when mixed, non rez Natives are also welcomed into the circle will our people really become one. It's said by some that even Crazy Horse had light skin and brown wavy hair. That he also was looked down upon when he was young. But look at what he became. So we have someone to look up to and hope to be accepted one day.
chickendad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-17-2007, 11:41 PM   #28
Pow Wow Visitor

chickendad, thank you for your response, it is nice to hear others that say it is what is inside instead of on the outside. I have thought of doing the dna test but then I think if the family tree papers and other things we have doesnt count as proof then the dna test isnt going to make much of a difference. I still think it is sad that those of us without the card or the native look are questioned about what we are or get called want to be Indians. Today I had to smile because someone came up to my sister and had to ask her how is it that I can be so traditonal in my beliefs and the way I live and how do I have a son like I do. My sister told the person it isn't from a lack of tring to teach him. In one way it hurt because my son should reflect me and in another it made me see that the elders and others that have seen me see me as someone triing to live the traditional ways of the people. So again thank you and May Spirit watch over you and yours. Littleowlwings
Old 06-25-2007, 05:04 PM   #29
Banned

othellobloke is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzzeQ4 View Post
Try traveling with your friends & family, dance local again where people know you & when you need a laugh read Drew Hayden Taylor's books starting with "Funny you don't look like one; tales from a blue eyed Ojibway" I think you may realize that there are plenty out there that know exactly how you feel
Suzze
I don't like that guy at all... even though he's half... in EVERYTHING HE WRITES... he'll ALWAYS make subtle reference to himself being indigenous... like he still has something to prove. ALWAYS! Why bother being labelled as the 'blue eyed ojibway'? What an idiot!
othellobloke is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-25-2007, 05:10 PM   #30
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuetzpallincihuatl View Post
June 4, 2007. Mexico-Tenochtitlan, The Land of the Aztecs.

Hello, Dear Maskwa,

I was touched by your story... about the registration paper, about being Cree and German... Let me tell you one thing... My Parents, both, are german... white people, but I was born here, in this beautiful land, so I am Aztec, I am an Aztec Indian... I am a white Aztec Indian. Everybody tells me too about my skin, my brunette hair and stuff, my green eyes, whatever, but, I behave, speak, walk, dance, sing, play the flute, and other native indian musical instruments, I wear every day, not only in ceremonials indigenous cloths, moccasins and my sacred feather that gives me Honour and Spiritual Power from our ancestors... I dance with my brothers and sisters Aztec Dances and many others, sometimes the Lakota People come here and dance with us, the Hopi People and all of us are one in Dance and songs, sharing happiness, some of us are whiter or darker, -who cares? -So, My Beloved Sister Maskwa, ignore when some one makes a remark or stares... Just be real, respect others, respect the drums, learn from our ancestors, share your joy, love the Mother Earth, give thanks to The Great Spirit and be proud in the good sense. -Here I am to be your sister and pen-pal. Sincerely, Cuetzpallincihuatl, the Aztec Indian.
Maybe I'm missing something? But you sound like a fraud. You admitted both your parents are German. Yet you're claiming your Aztec... what's up with that?

Either you're caucasian... or Aztec... which is it? Don't wish to be something else. It's granted that Germany has a history to be ashamed of, but be proud of what Germany is becoming... be proud to be German eh?
Old 06-25-2007, 06:45 PM   #31
Student, always learning

whitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond repute
Thank you for your posting my dear....mitakuye oyasin ya know....I have a feeling that in the next few years, I will be dealing with A LOT more of that problem, but only the Creator can judge really....

Peace, Love, and many blessings,
White Wave
whitewave is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-25-2007, 07:09 PM   #32
Back where I belong

Items Present
NorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond repute
NorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 2,899.39
Hey othellobloke...

Nothing like coming in with both guns blazing. Only 2 posts to your name and in both of them you stoop to name calling.

This site has seen its share of folks trying to out-NDN each other and we sure don't need any more of that ilk, so grow up, post like an adult and keep the trash talk to yourself, eh?
NorthofAda is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-26-2007, 11:44 AM   #33
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthofAda View Post
Hey othellobloke...

Nothing like coming in with both guns blazing. Only 2 posts to your name and in both of them you stoop to name calling.

This site has seen its share of folks trying to out-NDN each other and we sure don't need any more of that ilk, so grow up, post like an adult and keep the trash talk to yourself, eh?
Firstly Ada... I'm not trying to 'out-ndn' anyone. I'm not native in the slightest. Secondly... I pointed out what I thought. Last I heard people have the right to do that? Thirdly, read the first sentence I wrote in my second post.

I pointed out an inconsistency that I frequently come across in many different non-native people that makes MY life harder.

Do not tell me to grow up. I'm a grown man and an adult. Just because you don't like what I posted, it doesn't mean it's not 'adult-like' oh perfect one who we all must set our standards by.
Old 06-30-2007, 04:41 PM   #34
Çã®pë ©ødëm

AMD-NDN is just really nice
Yes, Guilty. We will recommend the most leninet sentence.
Old 07-05-2007, 04:00 AM   #35
Senior Dancer

SuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond repute
SuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 120.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by othellobloke View Post
I don't like that guy at all... even though he's half... in EVERYTHING HE WRITES... he'll ALWAYS make subtle reference to himself being indigenous... like he still has something to prove. ALWAYS! Why bother being labelled as the 'blue eyed ojibway'? What an idiot!
Yeah I think you got to be NDN to get it, he's a riot, even funnier in person.

Suzze
SuzzeQ4 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-05-2007, 02:56 PM   #36
Pow Wow Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewave View Post
Thank you for your posting my dear....mitakuye oyasin ya know....I have a feeling that in the next few years, I will be dealing with A LOT more of that problem, but only the Creator can judge really....
your welcome and thank you for repling I just wish all would learn to not judge and just really try to understand each other for when we say mitakuye oyasin it really does mean we all are related and each is special in our own way. Life would be so much easier if we would just learn to love and help each other and leave the judging for creator for creator is the only one that knows all the truths. I am not sure why you say you will be dealing with a lot more of that problem but I hope you dont. maybe if we all pray to creator that we heal from the wrongs the judging will stop Hugs to you and the rest of the spirit family that is out there . may we some day just learn to love each other. Little Owl Wings
Old 07-05-2007, 03:07 PM   #37
Pow Wow Visitor

othellobloke maybe you need to stop and think about the wording of the others the one said she calls herself aztec she didnt say she was ashamed of her heritage but it looks to me like she was raised with the aztecs and this is the culture she feels a part of and if that is the case then it is just the way it is. All i am saying is becareful of how you word things because feelings can be hurt and there is alot of pain still needing to be healed with the native indians of turtle island (usa) stop and try to put yourself in there moccasins and see how you would feel ok I hope you take this in the loving way it is given from a native sister Little Owl Wings
Sponsored Links