Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Talk > Pow Wow Trip Reports 2005 Gathering of Nations - Trip Report 2005 Gathering of Nations - Trip Report

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-03-2005, 10:57 AM   #41
Head Singing Judge

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
CoryJCardinal is a jewel in the rough
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Talking

Nah Official Recorder means I am the guy trying to get the best recording spot at the drum and I always do....And if I had it my way....anyone who wanted to record those jammin drums would be able to....I would honestly like to see the powwow moved over to the football stadium...that would be [email protected]

Paul where do I go to see all the GON pics you took and the videos?

Last edited by CoryJCardinal; 05-03-2005 at 11:07 AM..
CoryJCardinal is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-03-2005, 11:28 AM   #42
Webmaster

Items PresentUser Name Style ChangeSteal PointsCake
Paul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond repute
Paul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 9,419.99
The first of the videos are now online! Hope you enjoy!!
Paul G is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-03-2005, 11:29 AM   #43
Webmaster

Paul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond repute
Paul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryJCardinal
Nah Official Recorder means I am the guy trying to get the best recording spot at the drum and I always do....And if I had it my way....anyone who wanted to record those jammin drums would be able to....I would honestly like to see the powwow moved over to the football stadium...that would be [email protected]

http://www.powwows.com/galleries/index.php
Old 05-03-2005, 02:45 PM   #44
Teen Dancer

Lakota_Lady is a glorious beacon of light
Credits: 755.51
Thanks Paul!
I looked at all the pics & videos this morning instead of working!!

Last edited by Lakota_Lady; 05-03-2005 at 02:50 PM..
Lakota_Lady is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-04-2005, 10:16 AM   #45
Webmaster

The next batch of videos are online including Zotigh Singers Women's Vetern Song, Grass Dancing, Southern Boys, Gourd Dancing, and Chicken Dancing.
Old 05-04-2005, 04:13 PM   #46
Senior Dancer

powwow person has a reputation beyond repute
powwow person has a reputation beyond reputepowwow person has a reputation beyond reputepowwow person has a reputation beyond reputepowwow person has a reputation beyond reputepowwow person has a reputation beyond reputepowwow person has a reputation beyond reputepowwow person has a reputation beyond reputepowwow person has a reputation beyond reputepowwow person has a reputation beyond reputepowwow person has a reputation beyond reputepowwow person has a reputation beyond reputepowwow person has a reputation beyond reputepowwow person has a reputation beyond reputepowwow person has a reputation beyond reputepowwow person has a reputation beyond reputepowwow person has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbletrouble206

Wasnt Acosia head woman dancer? Didnt she take first? i dont think its right for head dancers to compete

I Agree!
powwow person is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-04-2005, 08:07 PM   #47
Cali4Nia

FancyLBC has a reputation beyond reputeFancyLBC has a reputation beyond reputeFancyLBC has a reputation beyond reputeFancyLBC has a reputation beyond reputeFancyLBC has a reputation beyond reputeFancyLBC has a reputation beyond reputeFancyLBC has a reputation beyond reputeFancyLBC has a reputation beyond reputeFancyLBC has a reputation beyond reputeFancyLBC has a reputation beyond reputeFancyLBC has a reputation beyond reputeFancyLBC has a reputation beyond reputeFancyLBC has a reputation beyond reputeFancyLBC has a reputation beyond reputeFancyLBC has a reputation beyond repute
did you record the teen boys fancy? i wish i can see myself....
FancyLBC is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-04-2005, 08:23 PM   #48
Tiny Tot Dancer

springergoddess is on a distinguished road
Cool

Hey paul where is the video clip on acosia special and do you have any more women's jingle pictures or men's traditional pictures? Lot of Contemporary and awesome sights to see. I really had a lot of fun and enjoyed dancing in acosia special and in the grand entry.
springergoddess is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-05-2005, 09:05 AM   #49
Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by springergoddess
Hey paul where is the video clip on acosia special and do you have any more women's jingle pictures or men's traditional pictures? Lot of Contemporary and awesome sights to see. I really had a lot of fun and enjoyed dancing in acosia special and in the grand entry.
I've posted all of the photos that were any good--over 130.

I'm still working on the videos. I'm trying to do several per night. Digitizing the videos is very time consuming, so please be patient.

Thanks!!
Old 05-05-2005, 01:48 PM   #50
Webmaster

7 more videos are now online including Fancy Shawl, Jingle, Straight, Grass, Northern Tradition, and Southern Buckskin.
Old 05-06-2005, 10:20 AM   #51
Traditional Dancer

moonshadow is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryJCardinal

Yeah, I thought about that too....but a little chilly at night.
moonshadow is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-15-2005, 10:44 AM   #52
Jing-a-ling Shook-shook

kiiyaaniiasdzaa is just really nice
Gon

Do you have any more photos to upload paul? And I don't mean to be a pain but the labeling of the videos could they be easier to read. Seems like I am seeing mulitple videos and no difference in them? Is it a setting I might have on my PC?
kiiyaaniiasdzaa is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-15-2005, 11:17 PM   #53
Tiny Tot Dancer

pejiigmoo is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry mens fancy B.S contest

who was the white guy that took 2nd place what was up with that i dont no much about it but please somebody tell me about.
pejiigmoo is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-15-2005, 11:20 PM   #54
Tiny Tot Dancer

Last edited by pejiigmoo; 05-16-2005 at 09:51 AM.. Reason: Blank
Old 05-15-2005, 11:27 PM   #55
Tiny Tot Dancer

Angry mest up contest at gathering of nations mens fancy

i guess some white guy took 2nd in mens fancy THATS MEST UP.
Old 05-16-2005, 08:47 AM   #56
Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiiyaaniiasdzaa
Do you have any more photos to upload paul? And I don't mean to be a pain but the labeling of the videos could they be easier to read. Seems like I am seeing mulitple videos and no difference in them? Is it a setting I might have on my PC?
If you click on the video and go to the video page you can read in the description what it is. I've label newer ones with the style first.

I've posted all the photos I have. But there are more videos to post--soon as I get my laptop back.
Old 05-16-2005, 04:12 PM   #57
Traditional Dancer

moonshadow is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by pejiigmoo
who was the white guy that took 2nd place what was up with that i dont no much about it but please somebody tell me about.
Sorry to disappoint you but that is not a white guy. He is a cherokee from GA, and carded. It has been his dream to place at the gathering and he has been practicing hours a day for as long as I can remember, to make it where he is. He has worked hard to get where he is. He is very respected this side of the Mississippi for the hard work and dedication he has.He goes to college, maintains good grades, is on the college wrestling team, and still manages to practice in all his free time. He comes to the gathering every year to dance with the best. Knowing the odds of him placing were slim to none. Imagine how happy this kid was when he placed. You know it is really sad that someone that has worked so hard, and strived to be the best is critized because his skin is a little bit lighter than someone elses. He is a great person, and an awesome dancer.
moonshadow is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-16-2005, 11:35 PM   #58
the legal plumes lady!

walela49 has a reputation beyond repute
walela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 112.00
the GON website has posted their pics now
walela49 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-17-2005, 08:54 AM   #59
Webmaster

I have my laptop back and will be posted more videos this week!
Old 05-17-2005, 09:35 AM   #60
Tiny Tot Dancer

Sorry I didn't mean to upset you. There are alot of rumors out there and I was just asking a question to clear up the rumor. It seems by other posts that the judging was questionable at GON.
Sponsored Links