Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Talk > Pow Wow Trip Reports 2007 Gathering Of Nations 2007 Gathering Of Nations

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-27-2007, 06:32 PM   #21
Student, always learning

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
whitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by superndngyrl View Post
on the GON website, they're supposed to be webcasting the pow-wow. Does anyone where that is?

Is it this page? http://www.gatheringofnations.com/front.htm
Yep that's the one! I WISH sooo badly I could've gone this year.....next year I WILL be there! Can't wait to see all the videos and pics. Have fun guys!
whitewave is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-28-2007, 12:45 PM   #22
Webmaster

Items PresentUser Name Style ChangeSteal PointsCake
Paul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond repute
Paul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 9,449.19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singing Otter View Post
Paul...thou shalt not swipe towels j/k Hope you have a great time... take lotsa pics at the powwow (and of the room LMAO)

Have fun y'all and for the folks that are dancin', shake a leg for me. lol
Ok, I was wrong about something. The room has 3 balconies!!

I'm in the room now working on photos from yesterday. I have a couple of hours before I have to leave to go to the airport. Hope I can get some online.
Paul G is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-28-2007, 12:46 PM   #23
Webmaster

Paul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond repute
Paul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by superndngyrl View Post
on the GON website, they're supposed to be webcasting the pow-wow. Does anyone where that is?

Is it this page? http://www.gatheringofnations.com/front.htm
I spoke with Clyde yesterday, their webmaster. The had some problems with the modems provided by Comcast. He know what the problem is and is working to fix it.
Old 04-28-2007, 01:11 PM   #24
Webmaster

Here are some happenings from the first day of Gathering of Nations.

There were 3,200 registered dancers and close to 50 drums.

Louis Farakan sent a delegation to speak with those at the Gathering of Nations. They called for the 21st Century to be the time with the Indigenous people of the world take back Mother Earth. He also said that the Nation of Islam stood in solidarity with the American Indians.

Bob Marley's family members were there to give an exclusive preview of a new CD.

Kiven from Marley's family said that the world has hidden the real America from the world. And as he watched Grand Entry he knew what the real America is!

He went on to say that we are a "Soul Conscience People". And to live as One Love.

Willow Jack and family hosted a special for Daryl Jack. It was a very emotional special. All the fancy feather dancers encircled the arena as the family danced a special. Nakeezaka led the dancing. As the song was ending everyone encircled him as he danced for his dad!

The family then sponsored a special Men's Fancy Feather contest.

The Midnight Special was a Mother Daughter Team dance. They first judged each time on their outfitting. Then the mothers danced followed by the daughters. The last set of songs was for their team dances. First place was trip to Disney World and second was a trip to Disneyland.
Old 04-28-2007, 01:19 PM   #25
Webmaster

Again I'm working on photos and video now. I hope to have some photos up in just a few minutes. Video will be online in a day or two.

I had a great time yesterday. I was able to meet lots of PowWows.com'ers! Loved getting to meet you all!
Old 04-28-2007, 01:25 PM   #26
Webmaster

GatheringOfNations.com has video from yesterday online:
http://www.gatheringofnations.com/po...deos/index.htm
Old 04-28-2007, 02:17 PM   #27
Webmaster

For whatever reason, the hotel is blocking my access to upload photos! I'll try at the airport or when I get home.

I'm making good use of my time though and processing all the photos so they'll be ready!

Thanks
Old 04-29-2007, 07:29 AM   #28
sentient being

Items Treasure Chest
skybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 663.88
1st reports...

Ok, so I've gotten reports from GON:
Straight dance: Wahkeen Hamilton got 1st, AJ Leading Fox got 3rd. SIzzortail took the drum contest and Sunny Rose got 1st in Cloth. Michelle Lonechild and Daughter took the Mother/Daughter team dance special on Friday night.
Anyone else got results????
skybird5 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-29-2007, 10:22 AM   #29
Arena Director

Smokin' Ace has a reputation beyond repute
Smokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 110.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul G View Post
For whatever reason, the hotel is blocking my access to upload photos! I'll try at the airport or when I get home.

I'm making good use of my time though and processing all the photos so they'll be ready!

Thanks

Paul, as always, we appreciate all you are doing...just by your postings here, you are again showing us all your passion for our culture - and I will be seeing Ziggy Marley when he performs at Bonnaroo when me and Takin Numbers hit the road in June -- we will be sure to let him know of the connection - One love is right among all....

Thanks again...

Be blessed - got love???

This b me.....

www.myspace.com/akayo
Smokin' Ace is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-29-2007, 11:45 AM   #30
nobody

suthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 394.00
Drum Contest RESULTS!!!

Southern
5th Wild Band of Comanches (woohoo)
4th Cozad
3rd Southern Boyz
2nd Thunder Hill
1st Sizzortail

Northern
5th Midnite Express
4th High Noon
4rd War Scout
2nd Meskwaki Nation
1st The Boyz

Congrats to ma sizza boyz and THA boyz...for first place!!!
Old 04-29-2007, 11:56 AM   #31
Junior Dancer

notsocheese has a reputation beyond reputenotsocheese has a reputation beyond reputenotsocheese has a reputation beyond reputenotsocheese has a reputation beyond reputenotsocheese has a reputation beyond reputenotsocheese has a reputation beyond reputenotsocheese has a reputation beyond reputenotsocheese has a reputation beyond reputenotsocheese has a reputation beyond reputenotsocheese has a reputation beyond reputenotsocheese has a reputation beyond reputenotsocheese has a reputation beyond reputenotsocheese has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 110.00
Got some info on winners in Southern Buckskin from a friend:
1st: Jackie Tsonetokoy
2nd: Toni Tsatoke
3rd: Keri Myers
4th: Chaylene Toehay
5th: Alice Ann Kaulaity-Youngbear
Congrats Ladies!!!
notsocheese is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-29-2007, 04:53 PM   #32
Pow Wow Visitor

1_Time is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by suthernwaterbird View Post
Northern
5th Midnite Express
4th High Noon
4rd War Scout
2nd Meskwaki Nation
1st The Boyz
The Embezzler Brothers got 4th huh?
1_Time is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-29-2007, 05:51 PM   #33
Pow Wow Visitor

cedar is an unknown quantity at this point
Here's a list of winners-sorry for the misspellings.....

Teen Girls Fancy Shawl
5th-Autumn Zotigh
4th-Desiree Redhouse
3rd-Shelby Hodge
2nd-Sky Hall
1st-Lela Abrahamson

Teen Girls Jingle Dress:
5th-Shay Primeaux
4th-Terri John
3rd-Andrea Whiteplume
2nd- Nanabah Redhouse
1st-Celeste McGurk

Teen Girls Tradish:
5th-Kayla MacAurthur
4th-Arlaina Black Kettle
3rd-?
2nd-Natalia Yazzie
1st. Tiera Draper

Teen Boys Fancy
5th. Teddy Bison
4th. Jeremy Little Bird
3rd.???One Star
2nd Grahm Primeaux JR.
1st. Eric Bird

Teen Boys Grass:
5th. Chuntay Night
4th. ???Whitehouse
3rd. Steve Dubrey
2nd Dakota???
1st Kelsey Haywahey
cedar is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-29-2007, 06:08 PM   #34
Pow Wow Visitor

cedar is an unknown quantity at this point
More Winnerz:

Teen No. Tradish
5th.Albert Hindsley
4th.Kato Rider
3rd. Malcom Murphy
2nd. Clayton Broncheau
1st.????Hindsley

Teen Straight:
5th???Jackson
4th Michael grant
3rd Dwayne Iron
2nd Glen ????
1st Kiowa Cozad

Adults:

Womens Fancy
5 Tawny Hale
4 Ursoloria Kanuho
3 Nami lasley
2 Amber Cleveland
1 Tanski Clairmont

Jingle
5 Dorothy Crowfeather
4 Elana Montoya
3 ???? Landry
2 Willow Jack
1 Acosia Leighton

Northern Buckskin
5?????
4th Robin???
3 Amber Buffalo
2 Summer Baldwin
1 Tasha Goodwill

SO.Buckskin
5 Alice Youngbear
4 Chay Toehay
3 Keri Myers
2 Toni Tsatoke
1 Jackie Tsontekoy

No. Cloth
5 Alva Fiddler
4 Jancita Tsosi
3????
2????Stake
1 Cree Medicine Bear

So.Cloth
5????Smith
4Roberta Smith
3 Buffy Simmons
2 ???? Knowles
1 Sunny Rose Yellowmule

Mens Chicken
5 Derek Howell
4 Chad Kills Crow
3 marty Thurman
2 Richard Street
1 Rooster Topsky

No Fancy
5 Douglas ???
4 Jerry Cleveland
3 Wayne Silas
2 Spike Draper
1 Darryl Hill

So Fancy
5 Thunder Lovett
4 Gabe bullock
3 Gerald Dee
2 Isaiah Bob
1 Michael Roberts

Mens Grass
5 Julius Not Afraid
4 Buck Spotted Tail
3 Randy Paskemin
2 Jaymes Day
1 Rusty Gillette

Mens No.Tradish
5 Kevin Haywahey
4 Adrian ????SR
3 Jared Buffalo
2 Gabe Cleveland
1 Nathan Largo

Southern Straight
5 Robert Tramper
4 Buck Wahnee??
3. AJ Leading Fox
2. Ronnie Goodeagle
1. Wahkeen Hamilton

congrats to all the winnerz!!!
cedar is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-29-2007, 07:01 PM   #35
Webmaster

The first batch of photos are coming online right now.
Old 04-29-2007, 07:09 PM   #36
Webmaster

Here is where to find the photos that I upload from the 2007 Gathering of Nations:

2007 Gathering of Nations Photos Album
Old 04-29-2007, 07:23 PM   #37
PowWows.com Addicts

Smeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond repute
Smeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,042.85
Quote:
Originally Posted by cedar View Post

Jingle
5 Dorothy Crowfeather
4 Elana Montoya
3 ???? Landry
2 Willow Jack
1 Acosia Leighton

Mens No.Tradish
5 Kevin Haywahey
4 Adrian ????SR
3 Jared Buffalo
2 Gabe Cleveland
1 Nathan Largo
Nitanis "Kit" Landry

and Adrian Klein Sr.
Old 04-29-2007, 07:36 PM   #38
Blacksmith

Gledanh Zhinga has a reputation beyond repute
Gledanh Zhinga has a reputation beyond reputeGledanh Zhinga has a reputation beyond reputeGledanh Zhinga has a reputation beyond reputeGledanh Zhinga has a reputation beyond reputeGledanh Zhinga has a reputation beyond reputeGledanh Zhinga has a reputation beyond reputeGledanh Zhinga has a reputation beyond reputeGledanh Zhinga has a reputation beyond reputeGledanh Zhinga has a reputation beyond reputeGledanh Zhinga has a reputation beyond reputeGledanh Zhinga has a reputation beyond reputeGledanh Zhinga has a reputation beyond reputeGledanh Zhinga has a reputation beyond reputeGledanh Zhinga has a reputation beyond reputeGledanh Zhinga has a reputation beyond reputeGledanh Zhinga has a reputation beyond reputeGledanh Zhinga has a reputation beyond reputeGledanh Zhinga has a reputation beyond reputeGledanh Zhinga has a reputation beyond reputeGledanh Zhinga has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,702.79
Smeshigaud,

If you know that much, do you have the winners of the Men's and Women's Elder 70+ ?

Anybody? Thanks
Gledanh Zhinga is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-29-2007, 08:18 PM   #39
is actually posting!

*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by cedar View Post
Jingle
5 Dorothy Crowfeather
4 Elana Montoya
3 ???? Landry
2 Willow Jack
1 Acosia Leighton
4. Iliana Montoya from Mt Plez, MI. CONGRATS TO MY LIL SISTA!

CONGRATS to Dorothy and Kit. Good to see two Ojibwe ladies up in there! I think it's a record!! lol....
*Kwe_Zee* is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-30-2007, 01:20 AM   #40
Pow Wow Visitor

Wesley Cleland has a brilliant futureWesley Cleland has a brilliant futureWesley Cleland has a brilliant futureWesley Cleland has a brilliant futureWesley Cleland has a brilliant futureWesley Cleland has a brilliant futureWesley Cleland has a brilliant futureWesley Cleland has a brilliant futureWesley Cleland has a brilliant future
To all the dancers: Great dancing and congrats to all the winners!!!!!!
Wesley Cleland is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links