Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Talk > Pow Wow Trip Reports 2007 Red Earth 2007 Red Earth

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-01-2007, 03:32 PM   #1
Webmaster

Items PresentUser Name Style ChangeSteal PointsCake
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Paul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond repute
Paul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 9,449.19
Savings: 0.00
2007 Red Earth

2007 Red Earth is underway!

The live webcast has started!

Had a few technical problems this morning, but we're going pretty well now.
Paul G is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-02-2007, 10:39 AM   #2
Webmaster

Paul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond repute
Paul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond repute
Friday went great!

You can watch the rebroadcast here:

http://video.powwows.com

We'll continue to play the rebroadcast until we go live today.

We did 2 interviews last night:
Arvel Bird
Miss Indian World Megan Young and Melanie Matthews

The first heats of the PowWows.com special are on the schedule for tonight!
Old 06-02-2007, 10:42 AM   #3
Webmaster

The first batch of photos are online:

http://www.powwows.com/galleries/sho...=&way=&cat=563

Enjoy!
Old 06-03-2007, 07:52 PM   #4
Webmaster

They are announcing the winners now. The Pow Wow is all but over.

Thanks to everyone that tuned in this weekend! Hope you all enjoyed the webcast.

We are rebroadcasting it starting today. I'll leave it on the webcast page for several days. I'll also archive it to:

http://tv.powwows.com

I want to also thank the Red Earth committee for having us come again this year.

And a special thanks to OKCStacey, Josiah, and NDNKidz. They helped with cameras, chatroom, interviews, and more. I couldn't have done the webcast without them. Thanks!!!!
Old 06-03-2007, 07:53 PM   #5
Webmaster

PowWows.com Special Contest Winners

1st Bobbi Pratt
2nd Kenneth Pratt
3rd Rusty Gillette
Old 06-03-2007, 08:49 PM   #6
M...O...T...to the S!

Items Present
middle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond repute
middle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 829.86
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul G View Post

Thanks to everyone that tuned in this weekend! Hope you all enjoyed the webcast.

We are rebroadcasting it starting today. I'll leave it on the webcast page for several days. I'll also archive it to:

I want to also thank the Red Earth committee for having us come again this year.

And a special thanks to OKCStacey, Josiah, and NDNKidz. They helped with cameras, chatroom, interviews, and more. I couldn't have done the webcast without them. Thanks!!!!
thanks everyone that was awesome

thanks for the money shots okStacey
middle of the sky is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-03-2007, 09:57 PM   #7
hello

Items Present
superndngyrl has a reputation beyond repute
superndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,091.95
ok so post the winners! :)
superndngyrl is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-03-2007, 10:15 PM   #8
Senior Dancer

trob226 is a splendid one to beholdtrob226 is a splendid one to behold
Credits: 82.00
Thanks, Paul and assistants. The webcast and the chat room were great. Hope you all had a good time.
trob226 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-03-2007, 11:27 PM   #9
Powwow Dude

Items DevilUser Name Style ChangeUser Title Style Change
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 38,634.63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul G View Post

Thanks Paul!
Myself and NDNKIDZ would like to say thank you for asking for our help...
We had alot of fun doing this!!!
You can sit in the stands and just watch or be a part of it.
And it is alot more fun being a part of this!
Old 06-04-2007, 10:27 AM   #10
*~*~*

ok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond repute
ok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 371.64
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle of the sky View Post
thanks everyone that was awesome

thanks for the money shots okStacey

I can't say it was too unpleasant for myself, either. hahahaha
Old 06-04-2007, 10:29 AM   #11
Banned

kiowakat is a splendid one to beholdkiowakat is a splendid one to beholdkiowakat is a splendid one to beholdkiowakat is a splendid one to behold
Credits: 0.00
agian Aho! my grandchild and I enjoyed it!!, you guy did a good job!! okstacey you rock!! lol....ndnkids and josiah, lub ya guys!!!...paul thanks!
kiowakat is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-04-2007, 10:38 AM   #12
*~*~*

ok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond repute
ok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond repute
I fell asleep last night at 8, I was doing good until they started announcing awards and then I totally crashed. Must have been all that laughing? It was a good time (as you will see from the rebroadcasts) and I met some more great people.

There was some great dancing. The AD's did a wonderful job keeping things smooth and on time. I do like Red Earth better when I can be involved behind the scenes so thanks to Paul for letting me help out, too.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:39 AM   #13
Banned

Cheshire Cat is just really nice
Talking

Great watching and we didn't get a view of the ceiling this year. Darn...have to have a view of the ceiling ...But all in all...wonderfull dance!!!
Cheshire Cat is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-04-2007, 10:39 AM   #14
*~*~*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiowakat View Post
agian Aho! my grandchild and I enjoyed it!!, you guy did a good job!! okstacey you rock!! lol....ndnkids and josiah, lub ya guys!!!...paul thanks!
Don't forget.....Meers!
Old 06-04-2007, 11:26 AM   #15
~Pwowfeva~

amarie49 has a reputation beyond reputeamarie49 has a reputation beyond reputeamarie49 has a reputation beyond reputeamarie49 has a reputation beyond reputeamarie49 has a reputation beyond reputeamarie49 has a reputation beyond reputeamarie49 has a reputation beyond reputeamarie49 has a reputation beyond reputeamarie49 has a reputation beyond reputeamarie49 has a reputation beyond reputeamarie49 has a reputation beyond reputeamarie49 has a reputation beyond reputeamarie49 has a reputation beyond reputeamarie49 has a reputation beyond reputeamarie49 has a reputation beyond reputeamarie49 has a reputation beyond reputeamarie49 has a reputation beyond reputeamarie49 has a reputation beyond reputeamarie49 has a reputation beyond repute
Does any one know the winners?
amarie49 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-04-2007, 12:55 PM   #16
my mini me

ndldy68 has a reputation beyond reputendldy68 has a reputation beyond reputendldy68 has a reputation beyond reputendldy68 has a reputation beyond repute
ndldy68 has a reputation beyond reputendldy68 has a reputation beyond reputendldy68 has a reputation beyond reputendldy68 has a reputation beyond reputendldy68 has a reputation beyond reputendldy68 has a reputation beyond reputendldy68 has a reputation beyond reputendldy68 has a reputation beyond reputendldy68 has a reputation beyond reputendldy68 has a reputation beyond reputendldy68 has a reputation beyond reputendldy68 has a reputation beyond reputendldy68 has a reputation beyond reputendldy68 has a reputation beyond reputendldy68 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 190.81
Yes I would like to know as well.
ndldy68 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-04-2007, 02:53 PM   #17
Tiny Tot Dancer

blueskysmom has a reputation beyond reputeblueskysmom has a reputation beyond reputeblueskysmom has a reputation beyond reputeblueskysmom has a reputation beyond reputeblueskysmom has a reputation beyond reputeblueskysmom has a reputation beyond reputeblueskysmom has a reputation beyond reputeblueskysmom has a reputation beyond reputeblueskysmom has a reputation beyond reputeblueskysmom has a reputation beyond reputeblueskysmom has a reputation beyond reputeblueskysmom has a reputation beyond reputeblueskysmom has a reputation beyond reputeblueskysmom has a reputation beyond reputeblueskysmom has a reputation beyond reputeblueskysmom has a reputation beyond reputeblueskysmom has a reputation beyond repute
Winners

I read about everyone having fun, eating, laughing, etc but no winners? You guys are slipping. Here it is afternoon and everyone is asking the same question. Or did you ya'll go out 49'ing and forgot or just waking up. LOL
blueskysmom is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-04-2007, 08:54 PM   #18
Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskysmom View Post
I read about everyone having fun, eating, laughing, etc but no winners? You guys are slipping. Here it is afternoon and everyone is asking the same question. Or did you ya'll go out 49'ing and forgot or just waking up. LOL
The committee was supposed to give me a list of the winners, but didn't.

I'll call them tomorrow and get the list. I'll post it as soon as I can.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:56 PM   #19
Webmaster

Just got back to the house about 2 hours ago.

I'm going to start working on the photos and videos tonight.

My first priority is to get some video I recorded of the parade and drum groups. And I'll upload that to the Galleries and add it to the webcast rebroadcast.

I'll also take the highlights of the competitions and add those videos to the Galleries.

And then I have over 300 photos to sort through.

So look forward to lots more from Red Earth this week!
Old 06-05-2007, 01:38 PM   #20
Teen Dancer

ndnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 20.00
My daughter and I took the time to write down all the winners, and then my baby got ahold of that paper and now I can't find it....lol. I'll see what I can remember.

Men's Southern Fancy
1 - George Alexander
2 - Dwight Whitebuffalo
3 - Kevin Connywerdy
4 - Joe Bointy
5 - Jeremy Littlebird
6 - Cecil Gray
7 - Thorpe Sine

Men's Northern Fancy
1 - Jazz Bearstail
2 - Spike Draper
3 - Kenny Pratt
4 - He was in a tie with Travis Lovett
5 - Travis Lovett
6 - Don't remember what I wrote down
7 - Same thing

Men's Fancy Special
1 - Jazz Bearstail
2 - Dwight or Spike
3 - Dwight or Spike
4 - George Alexander

Women's Fancy Feather Special
1 - Verna Street
2 - Tanksi Clairmont
3 & 4 - can't remember but I know Brittany Yarholer got in there somewhere

The other winners were posted in the other Red Earth Thread in the Powwow section, what people could remember.

Last edited by ndnMSW; 06-05-2007 at 01:41 PM.. Reason: Had to add a category
ndnMSW is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links