Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Talk > Pow Wow Trip Reports 2008 Morongo 2008 Morongo

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-30-2008, 12:14 PM   #41
&a mp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; gt;&a mp;a mp;a mp;a mp;a mp;a mp; amp;amp; amp;amp; amp;gt;: +:&a m p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Mr Oakley has a reputation beyond repute
Mr Oakley has a reputation beyond reputeMr Oakley has a reputation beyond reputeMr Oakley has a reputation beyond reputeMr Oakley has a reputation beyond reputeMr Oakley has a reputation beyond reputeMr Oakley has a reputation beyond reputeMr Oakley has a reputation beyond reputeMr Oakley has a reputation beyond reputeMr Oakley has a reputation beyond reputeMr Oakley has a reputation beyond reputeMr Oakley has a reputation beyond reputeMr Oakley has a reputation beyond reputeMr Oakley has a reputation beyond reputeMr Oakley has a reputation beyond reputeMr Oakley has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 590.00
Savings: 1.00
Morongo Vids

I put a few up..check em out!

see my powwow videos here...
www.youtube.com/oaklee84
Mr Oakley is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-30-2008, 12:28 PM   #42
Webmaster

Items PresentUser Name Style ChangeSteal PointsCake
Paul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond repute
Paul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 9,419.99
Savings: 0.00
You should really upload these to Pow Wow TV!

You'll get lots more views and entered to win the Plasma TV!

Or you can copy them from YouTube to Pow Wow TV:
PowWows.com Gathering - Forum Rules
Paul G is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-30-2008, 12:33 PM   #43
Tiny Tot Dancer

Tradancur has a reputation beyond reputeTradancur has a reputation beyond reputeTradancur has a reputation beyond reputeTradancur has a reputation beyond reputeTradancur has a reputation beyond reputeTradancur has a reputation beyond reputeTradancur has a reputation beyond reputeTradancur has a reputation beyond reputeTradancur has a reputation beyond reputeTradancur has a reputation beyond reputeTradancur has a reputation beyond reputeTradancur has a reputation beyond reputeTradancur has a reputation beyond reputeTradancur has a reputation beyond reputeTradancur has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancing bear View Post
stabbings, dust, drunks.... heat!!! first time I went to this powwow and it had all the drama of a regular summertime powwow.. lol.. sorry.. I am not making light of what happened saturday night.. it is sad that that had to happen...
I remember hearing the sirens and the mcs saying something about security needed... crazy..
and... I do think the Boyz sang very well this weekend, despite their placement.... High Noon was good.. haven't heard them since Ponemah 2004? something like that.. good to hear them again... and Wild Rose, wow.. been almost ten years since I heard them live and it a nice surprise.... Was cool to hear Black Lodge "live" since it's been a while for this particular dancer, some good songs.. I liked hearing Red Bull too.. heard of them now I can say I've seen and heard them at a powwow... good singing there..
Only complaint I had the whole weekend... is super 8.. do not stay there, tell others to not stay there!! lol.... lets just say I"m checking with the BBB to file a complaint about them.. leave it at tat..
Anyway.. good luck to everyone going to Kinder, and Rapid..
db

Super 8?...yikes, I had a bad experience with them to down at Indio 2 years ago. Got bed bugs from staying there and it was run by those India people... have to watch those places down that way...
Tradancur is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-30-2008, 12:56 PM   #44
Junior Dancer

Ivanasnagu is a glorious beacon of light
The stabbing outside the arena was terrible. The man died after being life flighted out of the area. I spoke to a sheriff and he mentioned that it was gang activity and unrelated to the powwow or participants. The emergency personnel did a good job getting the victim out of there considering there were many people just watching and hanging out.
Regardless, it was awful and upsetting to many. I was freaked out about guns and shootings the rest of the weekend.

As far as the powwow, I thought the powwow was fun and lively. Although the southern drum contest didn't shake out like I thought it would. I thought Thunderhill won hands down. The tabulators need to have some consideration to their dress. The shorts have got to go. It was disgusting to see rather large women in short shorts at the speaker's stand during the award presentation.
Ivanasnagu is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-30-2008, 12:57 PM   #45
Webmaster

Items PresentUser Name Style ChangeSteal PointsCake
Paul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond repute
Paul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 9,419.99
More photos online!

http://www.powwows.com/galleries/sho...ry.php?cat=579
Paul G is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-30-2008, 02:03 PM   #46
*~*~*

ok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond repute
ok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 371.64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivanasnagu View Post
The stabbing outside the arena was terrible. The man died after being life flighted out of the area. I spoke to a sheriff and he mentioned that it was gang activity and unrelated to the powwow or participants. The emergency personnel did a good job getting the victim out of there considering there were many people just watching and hanging out.
Regardless, it was awful and upsetting to many. I was freaked out about guns and shootings the rest of the weekend.

As far as the powwow, I thought the powwow was fun and lively. Although the southern drum contest didn't shake out like I thought it would. I thought Thunderhill won hands down. The tabulators need to have some consideration to their dress. The shorts have got to go. It was disgusting to see rather large women in short shorts at the speaker's stand during the award presentation.
Thunderhill had a singer who had a flight delay and barely missed the first drum roll call. They would have won without the deduction.
Old 09-30-2008, 02:11 PM   #47
is lost in reality...

50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute
50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute
Location: where no buffalo roam, but the prairie dogs do.....
Credits: 404.87
Quote:
The tabulators need to have some consideration to their dress. The shorts have got to go. It was disgusting to see rather large women in short shorts at the speaker's stand during the award presentation.
ouch!!!!..........LOL!!!!..........wicked...^^^^

...And shephards we shall be. For thee my lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand. That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be. E Nomini Patri, E Fili, E Spiritu Sancti.
50cal is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-30-2008, 02:13 PM   #48
Senior Dancer

sltate has a reputation beyond repute
sltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 101.00
if i am not mistaken...the boyz had a few singers miss drum roll call because their ride-that guaranteed them that they would get to the pow wow on time-got them lost and they missed. their singing was awesome as usual...blacklodge, mesquakie, wildrose, redbull, high noon, tha tribe, and midnite all were singing hard...especially saturday night, oh my....it was jamming. and the stabbing situation was gang related, and that is sad, but it is a part of life...especially in that area. the same in the twin cities and chicago..just we dont see it close up. this was a nice pow wow. will go again.
I am thankful for my grandparents, my parents, my brothers, my aunties and uncles, my children, my companion and all of those who influenced me to be strong and proud of being who I am and where I come from. Knowledge is power
sltate is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-30-2008, 02:23 PM   #49
Senior Dancer

sltate has a reputation beyond repute
sltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 101.00
it was really too hot to have the 70 and overs to be dancing that much...yeah, they still love to dance and compete, but come on.....it was hot under that tent and crowded. I think that should be taken in consideration. at a few pow wows over here, where its hot in the summer anyway, we dont make them even dance except their contest. no major requirements on them. we are blessed that they are still able to put on their regalia and be there much less dance them like the younger adults. i work out daily and love to dance and i was tired. lol.....
I am thankful for my grandparents, my parents, my brothers, my aunties and uncles, my children, my companion and all of those who influenced me to be strong and proud of being who I am and where I come from. Knowledge is power
sltate is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-30-2008, 02:32 PM   #50
Peace n Mutton Grease

Nezbah has a reputation beyond repute
Nezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 511.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50cal View Post
Welcome to SoCal!!!!.....
Yeah, no kidding!!! LOL. Try having to live almost every day with drive by's, ducking for cover while pulling your kids to the ground, having bullets fly through your windows and doors just because of a stupid drug house down the street in what is supposed to be a 'upscale' neighborhood??? It can happen anywhere, anytime, and to anyone. One of the main reasons why I moved out of Cali was due to the fact of the gang violence and the disrespect for life... meaning, there were children being killed just from stray bullets alone.

Sad thing is, this wasn't the only time this type of thing has happened at powwows. I remember one powwow up in Santa Rosa, CA a native teen was stabbed and beaten to death just because he wore a red t-shirt just there at the powwow. But its sad cause its not just Cali, its all over. I just try to keep my family close and teach my son about violence, how to deal with it, etc.

I am sure this won't be the only time....unfortunately.

I swear it would make a good book for all this drama....

EMAIL ME for GON 2014 Special Hotel, Air, and Car Rates...limited availability. Powwow special rates across the US and Canada. I also offer great vacation, business, and specialty fares to every destination in the world! Email for the rates
[email protected]
Nezbah is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-30-2008, 02:33 PM   #51
Junior Dancer

Ivanasnagu is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by sltate View Post
it was really too hot to have the 70 and overs to be dancing that much...yeah, they still love to dance and compete, but come on.....it was hot under that tent and crowded. I think that should be taken in consideration. at a few pow wows over here, where its hot in the summer anyway, we dont make them even dance except their contest. no major requirements on them. we are blessed that they are still able to put on their regalia and be there much less dance them like the younger adults. i work out daily and love to dance and i was tired. lol.....
I couldn't agree more. It was cooler in the evening, that group should have been the first adult division to compete and the first to get their payout at the end (even before the kids). Maybe the committee will change the schedule for next year, let's hope anyways.
Ivanasnagu is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-30-2008, 02:48 PM   #52
Pow Wow Visitor

mountainboy is a jewel in the rough
Credits: 120.00
Yes, it was hot, hot, hot...and the stabbing was very disturbing to everyone.
But the music was wonderful! The powwow was worth the drumming alone. That is what I came for.

Other than that...there was the usual corruptness among judging and winners. Same old story.
mountainboy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-30-2008, 03:27 PM   #53
&a mp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; gt;&a mp;a mp;a mp;a mp;a mp;a mp; amp;amp; amp;amp; amp;gt;: +:&a m p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;

Mr Oakley has a reputation beyond repute
Mr Oakley has a reputation beyond reputeMr Oakley has a reputation beyond reputeMr Oakley has a reputation beyond reputeMr Oakley has a reputation beyond reputeMr Oakley has a reputation beyond reputeMr Oakley has a reputation beyond reputeMr Oakley has a reputation beyond reputeMr Oakley has a reputation beyond reputeMr Oakley has a reputation beyond reputeMr Oakley has a reputation beyond reputeMr Oakley has a reputation beyond reputeMr Oakley has a reputation beyond reputeMr Oakley has a reputation beyond reputeMr Oakley has a reputation beyond reputeMr Oakley has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 590.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul G View Post
You should really upload these to Pow Wow TV!

You'll get lots more views and entered to win the Plasma TV!

Or you can copy them from YouTube to Pow Wow TV:
PowWows.com Gathering - Forum Rules

OK...Got em up, gimme my TV! hahaha..kidding!

see my powwow videos here...
www.youtube.com/oaklee84
Mr Oakley is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-30-2008, 04:31 PM   #54
Teen Dancer

ndnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 20.00
This was my first time out to this powwow and we had alot of fun! Yes, it was hot and dusty, but it was CA...we knew what to expect. Indio used to be the same way, but would get really cold at night..lol. The tent helped alot..I would have hated to dance right in the sun and wind. It got hot under there during grand entry, but it was bearable. What killed us was the time change...when we contested it was only about 10:30 or 11pm, not that late, but at home it was 12:30 or 1am...lol. Then since our internal clocks were still on Central time, we would still wake up really early...lol. I'm still exhausted but its a good tired. Got to dance alot to some really good singing. Red Bull was JAMMIN!!!!

Yes, there were 2 stabbings on Sat night, and that was bad. Its awful to think that people have to live like that with that kind of violence in their lives. My babies are small and I know where they are every second, and they are never more than an arms reach away from us...but it is scary to think about what could have happened if they were older and just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

The singing was great, but the sound system was the WORST!!!! You couldn't hear it on the east half of the arena, it kept cutting out during contests, and it had an echo and that funky double-beat sound going. We got the east side of the arena for contests all weekend and we couldn't even hear the drum, much less the singing...they didn't fix it until Sat night when the women's S. Buckskin were trying to dance a round dance for their 2nd contest song and they were all dancing on a different beat. Luckily our contest came after theirs so we got to dance to good songs on Sat night and we could actually hear them...lol.

I liked those "luck of the draw" specials..they were fun to watch and gave dancers an extra shot at going home with something. We'll be back for sure, if all things work out right again next year.
ndnMSW is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-30-2008, 04:37 PM   #55
Teen Dancer

ndnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 20.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by **Summer_June** View Post
this is what I got off the webcast, sorry if i spelt anything wrong. lol
Golden Age Southern Men
1st- Saginaw Grant

Sr Golden Age Northern Men
3rd- Tom??
2nd- Jet Eaglemen Sr
1st- Henry Allen

Golden Age Men Northern
6th- Ray B??
5th- Greg Red Elk
4th- Richard Rock
3rd- Norman Largo
2nd- Kenny Scabbyrobe
1st- Ivan Lone Child

Mens Golden Age Southern
6th- Wilson Roberts
5th- Gary Gover
4th- Gary Gosaway?
3rd- Barry Hamilton
2nd- Darryl Moore
1st- Ronnie Ahboah
In the Sr. GA Northern, the 2nd place winner is CHET Eagleman, Sr....not Jet Eagleman...lol. I like that though..might have to start calling him "Jet". :)

In 6th Place, Men's GA Northern, I think that was Ray Blackwater. And I believe it's Gary Koshaway for 4th place, Men's GA southern.
ndnMSW is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-30-2008, 04:57 PM   #56
*~*~*

ok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond repute
ok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 371.64
and I am pretty sure JR Jaquez got in there somewhere on So Fancy??
Old 09-30-2008, 05:36 PM   #57
Tiny Tot Dancer

Tradancur has a reputation beyond reputeTradancur has a reputation beyond reputeTradancur has a reputation beyond reputeTradancur has a reputation beyond reputeTradancur has a reputation beyond reputeTradancur has a reputation beyond reputeTradancur has a reputation beyond reputeTradancur has a reputation beyond reputeTradancur has a reputation beyond reputeTradancur has a reputation beyond reputeTradancur has a reputation beyond reputeTradancur has a reputation beyond reputeTradancur has a reputation beyond reputeTradancur has a reputation beyond reputeTradancur has a reputation beyond repute
....and I'm sure David Lee Roth made it in men's tradish 35 OLD even though he wasn't THURR!!! ahahahahaha!!...his buddy, Rooster, left him in Fort Hall!!! lol...
Tradancur is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-30-2008, 06:33 PM   #58
Tiny Tot Dancer

milehi*pwdiva is a jewel in the rough
Ok how come after every powwow the first thing people do is jump on here and complain? lol I enjoyed myself and had a goodtime dancing to all the good drums! It was hot but just like any other summer powwow you go to. There was alot of good dancers and alot of my favorites I haven't seen in ages come out and dance.

The one funny/gross thing for the weekend is for the sake of our noses can the men dancers use a lil febreeze or wash your outfits more often! LOL It was tough dancing in grand entry with so many dancers and the smell of a locker room and B.O.!!! HAHAHAHA
milehi*pwdiva is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-30-2008, 07:19 PM   #59
Pow Wow Visitor

Okiegurl49 is just really nice
Quote:
The tabulators need to have some consideration to their dress. The shorts have got to go. It was disgusting to see rather large women in short shorts at the speaker's stand during the award presentation.
Women in short shorts in the arena? At least pull your bite out and put a shawl on. LMAO!
Okiegurl49 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-30-2008, 08:02 PM   #60
Junior Dancer

NanGrand is a jewel in the rough
I agree the sound system is something to complain about

"The singing was great, but the sound system was the WORST!!!! You couldn't hear it on the east half of the arena, it kept cutting out during contests, and it had an echo and that funky double-beat sound going. We got the east side of the arena for contests all weekend and we couldn't even hear the drum, much less the singing...they didn't fix it until Sat night when the women's S. Buckskin were trying to dance a round dance for their 2nd contest song and they were all dancing on a different beat. Luckily our contest came after theirs so we got to dance to good songs on Sat night and we could actually hear them...lol"

Year after year, in some spots it was unbearably loud, it cracked, it echoed, the drums sounded like cans. Somebody do something!

Last edited by NanGrand; 09-30-2008 at 08:06 PM..
NanGrand is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links