Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Talk > Pow Wow Trip Reports 2008 Red Earth 2008 Red Earth

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-09-2008, 10:54 PM   #61
Pow Wow Visitor

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
bears fan is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
I went Saturday and had a great time! Bought some art and loved the dancing! I didn't get to go Sunday but watched it on the webcast.
bears fan is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-10-2008, 12:15 AM   #62
BNBKUP

~Sweety~ is a glorious beacon of light
It wasn't as good as the past couple years but we had fun hanging around and singing. There was way less people tho! I wonder why? \
Old 06-10-2008, 01:37 AM   #63
Tiny Tot Dancer

sldodson is an unknown quantity at this point
A huge thank you for the prayers

For those of you who dont know i asked for some serious prayers in the Red Earth chat for my daughter. She is 5 months pregnant, and was in the hospital, there was a tear in the placenta and its touch and go whether she was going to loose the baby. The response from everybody offering prayers was awesome! Today, there was no leakage and the baby is doing well! I know we've got a long road, before the baby and my daughter are out of danger, but the outpouring of prayers gave us hope and comfort. A special thanks to all of you, from our family to yours!
sldodson is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-10-2008, 01:48 AM   #64
Head Dancer

Items Cake
timmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond repute
timmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond repute
Location: where ever there are babies or children you can find me
Credits: 8,331.92
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by sldodson View Post
For those of you who dont know i asked for some serious prayers in the Red Earth chat for my daughter. She is 5 months pregnant, and was in the hospital, there was a tear in the placenta and its touch and go whether she was going to loose the baby. The response from everybody offering prayers was awesome! Today, there was no leakage and the baby is doing well! I know we've got a long road, before the baby and my daughter are out of danger, but the outpouring of prayers gave us hope and comfort. A special thanks to all of you, from our family to yours!
Awesome news about your daughter. That's, at least the first step. I will keep them both in my prayers.
timmy tiger is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-10-2008, 08:58 AM   #65
Webmaster

Items PresentUser Name Style ChangeSteal PointsCake
Paul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond repute
Paul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 9,419.99
Quote:
Originally Posted by kneegrow_native View Post
Dang, this is the first year I have had broadband at home, so I was able to watch a pow-wow broadcast. Man Paul, you really have something good going there, that was kick a**.
Thanks!
Paul G is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-10-2008, 08:58 AM   #66
Webmaster

Paul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond repute
Paul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol'Girl View Post
Hey Paul! Just a suggestion - if you could have a time/date stamp on the webcast. Would help during re-broadcasting. If not all the way through, maybe every 15 minutes or so. GREAT JOB AS ALWAYS! Didn't stop to chat 'cos ya'll looked so busy!
That's a good idea. I'll try to do that next time.
Old 06-10-2008, 08:59 AM   #67
Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtbdave View Post
Yeah, we went to the Red Earth, it was great. Those people really know how to put on a good Pow Wow, everything was nearly perfect. Best dancers in the World. Security was courteous, helpful, and polite. The MC was great, and the sound system was good also, last time we were there it was a bit hard to understand the MC, but not this time.

My only minor complaints were there was not enough popcorn, and the escalators were not labeled up or down. The parking lot was full on Saturday night, and I had to park down in Bricktown, other than those minor things, the PowWow was nearly perfect. I have lots of video of this one, that Snake Dance was really something to see, especially with so many darn good dancers. The Mother/Daughter thing was great also, so much talent, and good looks. The big arena floor was packed with fancy dancers, chickens, traditionals, as well as shawls and jingles. The fancy shawl dancers who kick the highest are always the best.
Share your videos!

Pow Wow TV
Old 06-10-2008, 09:34 AM   #68
Webmaster

I hope to finish the photos today. I still have a few hundred to post.

Then I'll start working on the videos.

Red Earth is supposed to email me the contest results. I'll post as soon as I get them.
Old 06-10-2008, 09:41 AM   #69
Tiny Tot Dancer

sate_bo_hone has a reputation beyond reputesate_bo_hone has a reputation beyond reputesate_bo_hone has a reputation beyond reputesate_bo_hone has a reputation beyond reputesate_bo_hone has a reputation beyond reputesate_bo_hone has a reputation beyond reputesate_bo_hone has a reputation beyond reputesate_bo_hone has a reputation beyond reputesate_bo_hone has a reputation beyond reputesate_bo_hone has a reputation beyond reputesate_bo_hone has a reputation beyond reputesate_bo_hone has a reputation beyond reputesate_bo_hone has a reputation beyond reputesate_bo_hone has a reputation beyond reputesate_bo_hone has a reputation beyond repute
Goot one...

Yeah this was a pretty good pow-wow...the parade was humid as heck but got through it...lol. The drums were were jammin...I didnt get to see much of the dancing...I was too busy drum hopping trying to get all the goot songs lol! but yeah I watched some of it on the rebroadcast...pretty good dancing. And that incident with Richard...hmmm well that wasnt right....Im glad Rooster and his family did what they did sunday trying to get things right in the arena...even if it didnt seem like the other party didnt seem like he was too interested in it. Well anywho...Rooster got 1st..Ah-ho & wee chaa...just goes to show karmha's a B*#@H huh! lol

Oh and it was good to hear that Tyler & Nahmee got their van back and all the beadwork!

Last edited by sate_bo_hone; 06-10-2008 at 09:44 AM.. Reason: left something out..lol
sate_bo_hone is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-10-2008, 11:27 AM   #70
Pow Wow Committee

Items DollElephantDolphin
LISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond repute
LISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 22,551.01
Savings: 2.03
Hey how come Richard was trynna pick on my cuzn't Rooster for? I jus heard about yesterday.......does anyone know what happened? I don't know the whole story but if someone can fill me in I would appreciate it........Thanks!!
Old 06-10-2008, 11:47 AM   #71
Halito!

New2itall has a reputation beyond reputeNew2itall has a reputation beyond reputeNew2itall has a reputation beyond reputeNew2itall has a reputation beyond reputeNew2itall has a reputation beyond reputeNew2itall has a reputation beyond reputeNew2itall has a reputation beyond reputeNew2itall has a reputation beyond reputeNew2itall has a reputation beyond reputeNew2itall has a reputation beyond reputeNew2itall has a reputation beyond reputeNew2itall has a reputation beyond reputeNew2itall has a reputation beyond reputeNew2itall has a reputation beyond reputeNew2itall has a reputation beyond reputeNew2itall has a reputation beyond reputeNew2itall has a reputation beyond reputeNew2itall has a reputation beyond repute
Oh and it was good to hear that Tyler & Nahmee got their van back and all the beadwork![/QUOTE]
Yeah, I was there when all that was going down on Sunday! Man! I felt bad for them! I am glad it worked out in the end though!
New2itall is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-10-2008, 12:11 PM   #72
Tiny Tot Dancer

Roses is a jewel in the rough
Credits: 500.00

What happened?!
Roses is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-10-2008, 01:06 PM   #73
Pow Wow Visitor

Embrey07 is an unknown quantity at this point
RED EARTH WAS OK THIS YEAR!!!
RECORDED SOME GOOD JAMZ.. 1st TYME I HEARD DAKOTA HOTAIN & THEY WERE JAMMIN!!!
THE INCIDENT THAT HAPPEN BETWEEN RICHARD & ROOSTER WAS NOT JUST RICHARD, IT WAS ALSO ROOSTER THAT HAD A ROLL IN WHAT HAPPEN. I HAVE THAT ON VIDEO & IN MY EYES BOTH OF THEM SHOULD HAVE BEEN DIS Q. NOT JUST RICHARD, AND ROOSTER GOT FIRST, WHATS UP WITH THAT???
Embrey07 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-10-2008, 01:45 PM   #74
Pow Wow Committee

Items DollElephantDolphin
LISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond repute
LISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 22,551.01
Savings: 2.03
well......I'm trynna get da scoop.........WHAT HAPPENDED?? did something go down between my cuz Rooster and Richard while they were dancing or what?........*curious minds*.......
Old 06-10-2008, 01:54 PM   #75
Webmaster

All the photos are now online! Over 550 photos!
Old 06-10-2008, 03:11 PM   #76
Webmaster

Congrats to NorthofAda for winning a t-shirt!
Old 06-10-2008, 04:18 PM   #77
President of TallNDN INC.

tallinjun has a reputation beyond reputetallinjun has a reputation beyond reputetallinjun has a reputation beyond reputetallinjun has a reputation beyond reputetallinjun has a reputation beyond reputetallinjun has a reputation beyond reputetallinjun has a reputation beyond reputetallinjun has a reputation beyond reputetallinjun has a reputation beyond reputetallinjun has a reputation beyond reputetallinjun has a reputation beyond reputetallinjun has a reputation beyond reputetallinjun has a reputation beyond reputetallinjun has a reputation beyond reputetallinjun has a reputation beyond reputetallinjun has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 503.00
I was watching the webcast yesterday and saw it. I was like.......did that just happen? Looks like they almost collided and rooster push away from him. Can someone give us the play by play. We need witnesses, pics, the man behind the fence at the grassy nole, the rosewell tapes, the elusive missing guvernment cheese sandmich........OOPS....gotta a lil sidetracked there. Fill us in!!!!

Tallinjun
Old 06-10-2008, 04:19 PM   #78
Teen Dancer

ndnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 20.00
I just cut and pasted this from a previous post and going to add what I can remember....lol.

Woman's Fancy
1st Verna Street
2nd Carol Melting Tallow
3rd Gina Topsky
4th Amber Cleveland
5th Rose Track
Bobbilyn Pratt didn't get in and should have somewhere.

Jingle
1st Willow Jack
2nd Yvette Good Eagle
3rd Mali Cloud
4th Skeb Landry
5th Tashina Bison

N. Tradish
1st Jody Gillette
2nd Tosha Goodwill
3rd Delmarina OneFeather
4th Alva Fiddler
5th Dora Old Elk

Men's N. Tradish
1st Lonnie Street
2nd Wendell Powless
3rd ?
4th Darrell Tso
5th ?
Pat Moore place but I can't remember where.

Southern Buckskin:
1st Jackie T.
2nd
3rd
4th
5th Nelly Yarholar
I didn't even hear this category

Southern Cloth
I just remember that Sandy Harris got 5th

I can't remember the order but these guys placed in Men's categories:
Rusty Gillette
Darrell Goodwill
Buck Spottedtail
AJ Redman

Southern Tradish:
1 - Wahkeen Hamilton
2 - Denny Medicine Bird

Chicken:
Rooster Topsky took 1st

S. Fancy:
1 - Dwight Whitebuffalo
2 - Isaiah Bob
3 - Joe Bointy
4 - George Alexander
5 - Cortney Yarholer

N. Fancy
1 - Spike Draper
2 -
3 -
4 -
5 - Travis Lovett

Can't remember the order but I know that Kenny Pratt and Wayne Silas placed.

Mother Daughter Special
1 - Lisa Ewack and Amber Cleveland
2 - Angie Thurman and her daughter
3 - Yvette Goodeagle and Amanda Ironstar
4 - Shelley and Samantha Bointy

Men's Northern Golden Age
1 - Patrick Spotted Wolf
2 - Boye Ladd
3 - Chet Eagleman, Sr.
4 - ?? Blassingame?
5 - Rodrick Youngman

Women's N. Golden Age
1 - Sylvestine Shields
2 - Priscilla Shrock
3 - Ruth Eagleman

Didn't catch the southern golden age categories
ndnMSW is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-10-2008, 04:23 PM   #79
Pro Drum Hopper

NORTHERNstyleCODEMAN is an unknown quantity at this point
Rooster and Richard scoop.... Rooster was doin one of his signature moves, where he tosses his hoop out and it spins back to him. BUT the floor was too slippery for it to spin so it just fell over as it hit the ground. Richard danced up to it as Rooster was bending down to pick it up and Richard scooped it up with his fan and threw it in the opposite direction, away from Rooster... so Rooster went and picked it back up and danced back towards Richard and showed him in the shoulder. They lined up for the judges to take their numbers, and walked off into one of the tunnels where they fought for a lil bit.....least thats what i have on video lol. CRAZY
NORTHERNstyleCODEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-10-2008, 04:27 PM   #80
Teen Dancer

ndnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 20.00
I had alot of fun this year at RE. Almost my whole family was there so we made it fun...but it woulda been that way no matter where we were...lol. It seemed a little disorganized at first, but then they got rolling. I was so glad that they excused us early...it kinda sucked last year them keeping us there all afternoon.

We got good songs to dance to, there was some tough comp in all the categories, and it was nice that they reserved Sunday for all the specials and ties. It was kinda cool how they made us dance 2 songs back to back with no breaks on Saturday...lol. Tough but fun.

All in all we had a great time and all of us got something out of the contest or specials....my honey got in the regular contest and one special, me and my oldest girl got in on one of the specials and my 4-year old won a bike!!! My parents both placed high and it was their first time there at RE.

I'm glad I went...we'll be back next year as always...lol.
ndnMSW is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links