PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture

PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture (http://forums.powwows.com/)
-   Pow Wow Trip Reports (http://forums.powwows.com/f45/)
-   -   Arlee? (http://forums.powwows.com/f45/arlee-34206/)

skoolgyrl_2004 07-05-2006 05:09 PM

Arlee?

Arlee was pretty long this weekend. I heard that the pow wow wasn't ran very good. I heard a lot of complaints? The stick games were fun, always a game going since friday until late lastnight. I can't remember any of the winner's? Wasn't paying attention, I was just dying to go home, but the didn't finish up with announcing the winner's until after midnight last night?

NativeBabyDoll 07-05-2006 05:52 PM

IF THERE WAS FRIGGIN COMPLAINTS (LIKE THERE ALWAYS IS ABOUT ARLEE POW WOW) THEN WHY DO THOSE THAT COMPLAIN KEEP COMING BACK YEAR AFTER YEAR AFTER YEAR? WHY DONT THEY STAY HOME OR GO 2 A DIFFERENT POW WOW? :eyebrow2:

smartybell 07-05-2006 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NativeBabyDoll
IF THERE WAS FRIGGIN COMPLAINTS (LIKE THERE ALWAYS IS ABOUT ARLEE POW WOW) THEN WHY DO THOSE THAT COMPLAIN KEEP COMING BACK YEAR AFTER YEAR AFTER YEAR? WHY DONT THEY STAY HOME OR GO 2 A DIFFERENT POW WOW? :eyebrow2:

I agree with you! :thumbsup:

CloudN9ne 07-05-2006 06:55 PM

if you want to complain e-mail the tribal council!!!
[email protected]
even though this was my peoples powwow i was kinda embrassed and appalled at their actions and behavior towards the old comittee and all the visitors! no offense native babydoll but when we ran it alot more people were there!!!

smartybell 07-05-2006 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CloudN9ne
if you want to complain e-mail the tribal council!!!
[email protected]
even though this was my peoples powwow i was kinda embrassed and appalled at their actions and behavior towards the old comittee and all the visitors! no offense native babydoll but when we ran it alot more people were there!!!

So what happened???? What made it so bad this year?
Who disrespected who???

Gosh come on, don't leave us hanging. I went home last year for powwow. couldn't make it this year.

If you don't want to air it publically, please im me, I'd love to know.

(yes, I'm an inquiring mind)

ntownn8ive 07-05-2006 09:21 PM

Bad powwows only happen when people forget to have fun! :tounge_sm

ntownn8ive 07-05-2006 09:32 PM

I mean bad powwows happen when my favorites don't place!

I mean when the person I rode with doesn't place, or when the person that's ridin with me doesn't place, or when......

Alot can contribute to a bad weekend. Sorry, Arlee go-ers. Powwows have been going on for many years now. The only way that they will sustain is if someone else learns how to coordinate one, hence, the younger people organizing and planning a powwow and learning how to do it the right way, or the respectful way. Putting on a powwow is a hard, thankless job, (except for the powwow committees that spend half the powwow thanking themselves!!) and people get burnt out. Then a new crew comes in and often lack the planning and organizing necessary to run a succesful event. As powwow people, there is an unsaid and often forgot about rule that where ever you go, as a guest or visitor, you should feel obligated to help out in any way possible. If a problem is identified or overlooked, do your best to help out and contribute to a solution. Also, as a host, if you are a member of that tribe or community, be helpful to your guests and visitors and try to be the bridge between the committee and the visitors because you want them to return next year, you want them to feel welcome, and you want them to be happy and return home safely with a good heart. You pickin up what I'm puttin' down?

ntownn8ive 07-05-2006 09:34 PM

Awh, hell, someone post some results already :rolleyes:

thizgirlpowwows 07-06-2006 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ntownn8ive
Awh, hell, someone post some results already :rolleyes:

:lol:

skoolgyrl_2004 07-06-2006 05:27 PM

Complaints?

Oh......I'm sorry was I complaining? I would get all offensive too if my home town pow wow sucked and had a HUGE weekend to pull it off. How long does it take to get organized? Sheesh........and yes my family and I did complain to some one from the pow wow committee and they were mad too........at the other's who were helping them run it. So I guess there was more than one boss? You'd think that if they had 4 arena director's the pow wow would move along faster? But I guess everyone does things different. And as for not going there or some where else? I quit dancing there YEAR'S ago, due to that kinda stuff. I just let other's know that the stick games are way better. At least you'll know if you're getting money sooner than 4 days later........... :thumbsup:

Mr Oakley 07-06-2006 05:36 PM

Ahem....winners?

song_bird_woman 07-06-2006 05:49 PM

Arlee winnerz?

Yeah, who won! Or was it to long of a week/week-end that everyone is too tired from the festivities and forgot? *L* J/K!

RedShield 07-10-2006 04:47 PM

I was there, but was there mostly to visit, see some family and friends, get some poppy's chili cheese fries, a willie burger and have fun...
Was a lot smaller this year than in years past, but a lot of people I know that normally hit arlee went to Pendleton that weekend.
I stayed mostly around stickgame, but ventured over to see the dancing just as it was wrapping up (which was a LOT earlier than years past.)
I had fun though, but we didn't stay for the whole thing, we left Monday afternoon... I'd like to see who won myself...
A pow wow is only as fun as you make it for yourself, yes there can be some contributing factors from outside that make it terrible, but I didn't see them there from what I saw. I had fun and will probably be back next summer.

Paselo

1fromozette 07-10-2006 11:35 PM

my only complaint was that i wasnt there :tounge_sm

littleredblanket 07-11-2006 03:29 AM

went to Arlee and had a blast. Look forward to being there again next year. Didn't stay to see who won though. Would like to know myself who the winners were.

ntownn8ive 07-11-2006 04:58 PM

I haven't gone to Arlee for a few years but my most fav thing is the Willie Burgers Stand-Willie Kaye and crew, cook it up my Native!!!

DANTS 07-11-2006 07:37 PM

I agree........it was run a lot smoother by the committee that was ousted. Contests were done around 7:00 and the winners weren't announced until 11:00!!!! What took soooooo long??? Maybe the committee had to pick their own winners. 4 Days was way too long.2 or 3 decent drums out of a dozen or so makes for a lot of rough sing'n. I went this year because it's always been so good in the past. This was over a week ago and I'm still kick'n myself for not going to another pow-wow!!! That's how it is with hindsight....I guess. Maybe Phillip Paul will get back in there and straighten things out. I hope Elmo turns out better than Arlee!

MAD SKILLZ 07-12-2006 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DANTS
I agree........it was run a lot smoother by the committee that was ousted. Contests were done around 7:00 and the winners weren't announced until 11:00!!!! What took soooooo long??? Maybe the committee had to pick their own winners. 4 Days was way too long.2 or 3 decent drums out of a dozen or so makes for a lot of rough sing'n. I went this year because it's always been so good in the past. This was over a week ago and I'm still kick'n myself for not going to another pow-wow!!! That's how it is with hindsight....I guess. Maybe Phillip Paul will get back in there and straighten things out. I hope Elmo turns out better than Arlee!

Sounds about right!!

Pvt Butter 07-12-2006 02:59 PM

I love Arlee powwow

Quote:

Originally Posted by DANTS

I thought that was crazy too...the contests were done early, but we sat around forever waiting to hear results.

Still, I love Arlee. I go every year. Elmo too. It's worth the drive. I won't be dancing because my stuff is a mess, but I'll be cheering on all the dancers and losing my money at stick game.

CloudN9ne 07-12-2006 05:10 PM

come back in 2008 thats when me and my dad will have it again these people that ran this year are not powwow people and in the past they have fixed the powwow!!! they only go to only 3 powwows a year lol!!!!