Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Talk > Pow Wow Trip Reports Arlee? Arlee?

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-13-2006, 02:09 AM   #21
skoolgyrl_2004

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
skoolgyrl_2004 is a jewel in the rough
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 1.00
Huh?

How do u know you're gonna run it in 2008? And no to the other response, Phillip Paul will most definitely not be ever running that pow wow again........sheesh!!! Do some research, geez. But he is good to the dancers and drummers and what not. And for running it? I wish you and your daddy some luck. Things have changed regarding Arlee's pow wow, maybe you should update yourself before saying something like that? And about the results? They didn't tallie up all the points until Tuesday night. That's what took so long. The people who ran the pow wow were very rude to a lot of dancers.

I do agree with the Willie Burger. And Elmo is always good, due to their big drum contest. They always get some drums worth going for.
skoolgyrl_2004 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-13-2006, 09:30 AM   #22
Flat E!

Emmy has a reputation beyond repute
Emmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,133.61
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoolgyrl_2004
How do u know you're gonna run it in 2008? And no to the other response, Phillip Paul will most definitely not be ever running that pow wow again........sheesh!!! Do some research, geez. But he is good to the dancers and drummers and what not. And for running it? I wish you and your daddy some luck. Things have changed regarding Arlee's pow wow, maybe you should update yourself before saying something like that? And about the results? They didn't tallie up all the points until Tuesday night. That's what took so long. The people who ran the pow wow were very rude to a lot of dancers.

I do agree with the Willie Burger. And Elmo is always good, due to their big drum contest. They always get some drums worth going for.
why do u say phillip wont run it again? he didnt run it this year. the committee changes every 2 years

~Flat Beat~
Emmy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-13-2006, 04:08 PM   #23
Senior Dancer

NativeBabyDoll has a reputation beyond reputeNativeBabyDoll has a reputation beyond reputeNativeBabyDoll has a reputation beyond reputeNativeBabyDoll has a reputation beyond reputeNativeBabyDoll has a reputation beyond reputeNativeBabyDoll has a reputation beyond reputeNativeBabyDoll has a reputation beyond reputeNativeBabyDoll has a reputation beyond reputeNativeBabyDoll has a reputation beyond reputeNativeBabyDoll has a reputation beyond reputeNativeBabyDoll has a reputation beyond reputeNativeBabyDoll has a reputation beyond reputeNativeBabyDoll has a reputation beyond reputeNativeBabyDoll has a reputation beyond reputeNativeBabyDoll has a reputation beyond reputeNativeBabyDoll has a reputation beyond reputeNativeBabyDoll has a reputation beyond reputeNativeBabyDoll has a reputation beyond reputeNativeBabyDoll has a reputation beyond repute
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmy
why do u say phillip wont run it again? he didnt run it this year. the committee changes every 2 years
The way Phillip runs things..he wont be running the pow wow anymore!! I know that the reason why alot of people didnt come last yr was because who was running it but they were here this year.
NativeBabyDoll is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-13-2006, 04:30 PM   #24
Senior Dancer

NativeBabyDoll has a reputation beyond reputeNativeBabyDoll has a reputation beyond reputeNativeBabyDoll has a reputation beyond reputeNativeBabyDoll has a reputation beyond reputeNativeBabyDoll has a reputation beyond reputeNativeBabyDoll has a reputation beyond reputeNativeBabyDoll has a reputation beyond reputeNativeBabyDoll has a reputation beyond reputeNativeBabyDoll has a reputation beyond reputeNativeBabyDoll has a reputation beyond reputeNativeBabyDoll has a reputation beyond reputeNativeBabyDoll has a reputation beyond reputeNativeBabyDoll has a reputation beyond reputeNativeBabyDoll has a reputation beyond reputeNativeBabyDoll has a reputation beyond reputeNativeBabyDoll has a reputation beyond reputeNativeBabyDoll has a reputation beyond reputeNativeBabyDoll has a reputation beyond reputeNativeBabyDoll has a reputation beyond repute
Question Arlee 2006

What people on this years committee were rude?? Maybe they were rude because the dancers were rude to them!! I know an elder lady that was really rude because she "wanted the #1000 and the title of first place winner in golden age again." When she was told no she told the committee chairman she wasnt comin back next year. And when asked to rise for the golden age category, this 1 drum group was gettin mouthy with 1 of the elders because they did not want to stand. Correct me if im wrong but isnt that being disrespectful to the elders?? THAT IS WHAT IS WRONG NOWDAYS, people dont have respect for each other. They dont have respect for the ways the host tribe runs things. Everyones only worried about money money money. Whatever happened to going to a pow wow to visit old friends,make new friends, see family and friends you havent seen in a long time. What happened to the thought of dancing just for fun and using dance as a form of prayer praying for yourself and others?
NativeBabyDoll is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-13-2006, 04:49 PM   #25
&a mp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; gt;&a mp;a mp;a mp;a mp;a mp;a mp; amp;amp; amp;amp; amp;gt;: +:&a m p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;

Mr Oakley has a reputation beyond repute
Mr Oakley has a reputation beyond reputeMr Oakley has a reputation beyond reputeMr Oakley has a reputation beyond reputeMr Oakley has a reputation beyond reputeMr Oakley has a reputation beyond reputeMr Oakley has a reputation beyond reputeMr Oakley has a reputation beyond reputeMr Oakley has a reputation beyond reputeMr Oakley has a reputation beyond reputeMr Oakley has a reputation beyond reputeMr Oakley has a reputation beyond reputeMr Oakley has a reputation beyond reputeMr Oakley has a reputation beyond reputeMr Oakley has a reputation beyond reputeMr Oakley has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 590.00
endless powwow politics, will always be there. i hope traditional powwows arent like this, cot damn!

see my powwow videos here...
www.youtube.com/oaklee84
Mr Oakley is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-13-2006, 05:08 PM   #26
whip cream is better

kneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond repute
kneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 80.00
I have always had fun at Arlee, no matter who was running it, be it Phillip Paul and his bunch, or Alex Quequesue (sp?) and his crew.

No matter who runs it though, I can guarantee that no matter how good of a job the committee thinks they did, there will be someone that was there that can point out a ton of reasons why it sucked.

In closing, I don't know who was running it, but my favorite years there were, 1994, 1996, and 2002.
Old 07-13-2006, 05:10 PM   #27
Flat E!

Emmy has a reputation beyond repute
Emmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,133.61
Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeBabyDoll
The way Phillip runs things..he wont be running the pow wow anymore!! I know that the reason why alot of people didnt come last yr was because who was running it but they were here this year.

well i know know alot of people who didnt come this year beacuse of the alex q and the rest of them who were running it.

~Flat Beat~
Emmy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-13-2006, 05:25 PM   #28
nobody

suthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 394.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeBabyDoll
What people on this years committee were rude?? Maybe they were rude because the dancers were rude to them!! I know an elder lady that was really rude because she "wanted the #1000 and the title of first place winner in golden age again." When she was told no she told the committee chairman she wasnt comin back next year. And when asked to rise for the golden age category, this 1 drum group was gettin mouthy with 1 of the elders because they did not want to stand. Correct me if im wrong but isnt that being disrespectful to the elders?? THAT IS WHAT IS WRONG NOWDAYS, people dont have respect for each other. They dont have respect for the ways the host tribe runs things. Everyones only worried about money money money. Whatever happened to going to a pow wow to visit old friends,make new friends, see family and friends you havent seen in a long time. What happened to the thought of dancing just for fun and using dance as a form of prayer praying for yourself and others?
Hit tha goo dog...hold up. just cuz someone dosen't stand up dosen't they are disrespectful?? Out here in oklahoma, nobody at the drum stands for anything, thats just the way we believe. Now im not defending this group because I don't even know who they are whether they were southern or northern, etc. But all I ask is please next time take into consideration different regional beliefs before making comments about somthing that you possibly could not be familiar with.

Quote:
but my favorite years there were, 1994, 1996, and 2002.
do you remember a group called medicine boyz with just a couple singers???

and i have always like the way PP ran it. He's a real good guy.
Old 07-13-2006, 07:21 PM   #29
whip cream is better

kneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond repute
kneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 80.00
Sorry, don't remember them.
Old 08-04-2006, 01:08 AM   #30
Pow Wow Visitor

colville_n8iveballer can only hope to improve
the committee???

isnt dat one dude *edited* a child molester? i cant believe he was on the committee.

* name edited ~ has nothing to do with the powwow and submitted no proof. ~mato

Last edited by Mato Winyan; 08-04-2006 at 12:22 PM..
colville_n8iveballer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-26-2007, 08:51 PM   #31
As you can see...

ntownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond repute
ntownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 40.00
Hey, Screwie, whatya doin?!

...that's so true....so, so true...
ntownn8ive is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-26-2007, 08:51 PM   #32
As you can see...

ntownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond repute
ntownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 40.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by colville_n8iveballer View Post
isnt dat one dude *edited* a child molester? i cant believe he was on the committee.

* name edited ~ has nothing to do with the powwow and submitted no proof. ~mato
And who's this Kolville, Kolvillez spelled with a 'K'!

Ayez!

...that's so true....so, so true...
ntownn8ive is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-05-2007, 08:30 PM   #33
CSKT communication dir.

robmcdonaldcskt is an unknown quantity at this point
new website

It's modest but it's accurate: check it for up-to-date info.

www.arleepowwow.com
robmcdonaldcskt is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-04-2007, 12:31 AM   #34
Powwow Sound 4 U

TKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond repute
TKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 603.09
Arlee is always

What you make of it. Every year the entire powwow is a cluster pluck. Every year it's the same. You have over 2000 dancers and about 30 drums. People come in and people leave the powwow. It's no different then anywhere else except it's home for me and I wasn't there this year. The powwow is so big that control is always somewhat lost. Everyone has a job and is always over worked. People who come always have some sort of a gripe and the powwow comitte tries to resolve every problem with what streached man power they have. You can't please everyone so get over it. It's no different then any other powwow.

When you go to Arlee, you will get your basic need if you stay the entire powwow. There are free hot showers, free electricity in many camp sites, and there is always food to eat somewhere on the grounds. All you really need is a tent and a desire to be there. Every other basic need is somewhat taken care of for you. People come in by car, RV, truck, and yes some even walk to get there. If it was such a bad powwow, why do people travel thousands of miles just to get there for a day or two. The powwow cater to people from full bloods down to the wanabi. Everyone is welcome and is treated the same. If you came to dance, you dance. If you came to drum, you drum, If you came for stick game, you play. No one is ever turned away unless you do something stupid like come in the gate drunk.

Everytime I go to Arlee, I get invited to so many camp sites to have a meal every day. Most of the people who invite me in, have never met me before. They see me walk by and ask me in. The entire powwow changes day to day. It's been that way forever and a week longer. So if you have any complaint about Arlee, chances are that you are the problem not making yourself at home on the grounds.

The Arlee powwow is a yearly gathering point for many families who only see each other once a year. Each year there is at least one death and one birth connected with the powwow. It's real life and no one can stop real life.

If Arlee is so bad, Why do people come every year? Arlee is the only powwow I know of where you can come in broke and hungry, and leave with money in your pocket and a full belly.

Enough Said!

It's better to fly with the eagles then drive with the turkeys.

Duct tape has a light side and dark side that binds our universe together.

Bad attatude lessons available here. To inquire, Check the box to the right. []
TKMJ Productions is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-05-2007, 12:28 AM   #35
skoolgyrl_2004

Dang!!!!

Ya think maybe u should've posted that like last year instead of right before the pow wow? lol Take it easy, it's all in the past MAN!!!!! Like no one really knows what u just said!!! Geez...but the fact is that the complaints mainly came from the announcing the winners. They didn't talley up the points from the 5-Day pow wow until the last contest was done on the fifth day!!! That was the main issue. Now what kinda people would wait til the last minute? Geez

Besides-->You're complaining too..........-->ain't no different!!!!
Old 07-05-2007, 12:36 AM   #36
skoolgyrl_2004

One more thing!!!

Are you sure you're talking about Arlee? What you talking about.......???.........There are no "2000" dancers ........ Maybe 30 drums when all the locals jump from one drum to the next for more $$$!!!!! You're real funny
Old 07-05-2007, 01:13 AM   #37
Powwow Sound 4 U

TKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoolgyrl_2004 View Post
They didn't talley up the points from the 5-Day pow wow until the last contest was done on the fifth day!!! That was the main issue. Now what kinda people would wait til the last minute? Geez

Besides-->You're complaining too..........-->ain't no different!!!!
Geez now what kind of people would leave such an important task until last. I would say that the tally was done by a small group of "over worked" and "very tired" people. The same people who dedicate the three to six months before the powwow to have it running so people can complain about how bad it was to them. The same tired people who do it year after year. Some take a year off and others are there all the time. They do this out of the love of the people and the powwow. It could be that the comittee left the tally to last was because they were working the understaffed event. Less and less people every year come to help out. That means each person who shows up to work have larger tasks every year. Ever hear of "Burn Out"? It happens everywhere. People get tired of doing and getting complaints. If the young people who attend these events would be a little more understanding and learn the art of paitents, things may come a bit faster. Giving some of your time to the event may help too. If you're there all week, how about spending a day helping. It won't kill you but it may just help you understand what it takes to put on an event so large.

In the last 10 years the Arlee powwow has been understaffed and the comittee has been over worked. It doesn't matter who runs the powwow. The same problems happen at every powwow. Arlee seems to stand out because the event is so large. Give em a break and be paitent.

That's a big problem with you young people. "You gotta have it NOW!". Better learn to take the time to enjoy life or it will pass you by. The info will come when it comes.

Old 07-05-2007, 01:41 AM   #38
Powwow Sound 4 U

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoolgyrl_2004 View Post
Are you sure you're talking about Arlee? What you talking about.......???.........There are no "2000" dancers ........ Maybe 30 drums when all the locals jump from one drum to the next for more $$$!!!!! You're real funny
A few years ago when I was there, there were over 2000 dancers. No, not in the arena at the same time. They wont fit. However over the week, more then 1000 regestered and there were at least that many faces od dancers without a number on their regulia. The powwow grows and shrinks. It all depends on the year and what other powwows come and go during the time period.

And yes I am talking about Arlee, Montana. You know the place. It's about 17 miles north of Missoula on Rt 93. If you sneeze you pass it buy and find yourself up on the Flathead Rez. Did you know Arlee has a traffic light and a fire truck now? The town is growing up! What's next a mall? There goes the neighborhood!!!

Old 07-05-2007, 09:53 AM   #39
Tiny Tot Dancer

fiction will become famous soon enough
Credits: 1,051.51
It'd be a town if it had Wal-Mart. Most like it to be an ndn mall. lol don't jump on me, just poking fun.....
fiction is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-05-2007, 06:09 PM   #40
Powwow Sound 4 U

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiction View Post
It'd be a town if it had Wal-Mart. Most like it to be an ndn mall. lol don't jump on me, just poking fun.....
LOL!!! Here is your Official Dump. The Walmart is down in Missoula about 18 miles away. It's one of them super duper Walmarts. So Arlee is covered. Just watch out for the logging trucks on Rt93. On the curves those suckers take up both lanes and fly.

Sponsored Links