Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Talk > Pow Wow Trip Reports Arlee? Arlee?

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-05-2007, 05:24 PM   #41
skoolgyrl_2004

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
skoolgyrl_2004 is a jewel in the rough
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 1.00
MAN!!! what are you talking about understaffed? They have like 3 A.D.'s 4 people runnin the books, 2-3 drum judges, and all kinds of the staff's relatives helping out. Me, help? A day outta my time to get bossed around by the many bosses..........yeah right!!!! AND STILL what u talkin' about when there are 1000 dancers registered.........you wish!!! There are no way 2000 dancers...........lol

I'm not the one putting the pow wow down, just that the point talleyin' up was held until the last day. they knew that time was coming, why'd they wait til the last minute. AND about the pow wow committee there are different ones that are in it. Not all the time are the same people there, but it is a choice they chose to do. I'm sure it's stressful and everything, but they put themselves out there to began with. Not like they're the only one's who know how run a pow wow. OR get coordinated.

since your so gun ho about it go help'em out. take time outta your free meal eatin' at peoples camps and go tell them that your assistance is available.

and US young people????? technology would help out a lot in talleyin' up the points....ever heard of MS excel? you might learn a thing a two from "us young people" we know how to get things done "right now" as for me, i still understand the tradition of things and repsect what needs to be done and when. time is precious!!!! go ask an elder!!!

come to think about it, when you attend those "free meals" at the pow wow, do you know the whole reason why they're doing it? it's not just there to feed your face!!!!
Old 07-05-2007, 05:41 PM   #42
Powwow Sound 4 U

TKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond repute
TKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 603.09
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoolgyrl_2004 View Post
MAN!!! what are you talking about understaffed? They have like 3 A.D.'s 4 people runnin the books, 2-3 drum judges, and all kinds of the staff's relatives helping out. Me, help? A day outta my time to get bossed around by the many bosses..........yeah right!!!! AND STILL what u talkin' about when there are 1000 dancers registered.........you wish!!! There are no way 2000 dancers...........lol

I'm not the one putting the pow wow down, just that the point talleyin' up was held until the last day. they knew that time was coming, why'd they wait til the last minute. AND about the pow wow committee there are different ones that are in it. Not all the time are the same people there, but it is a choice they chose to do. I'm sure it's stressful and everything, but they put themselves out there to began with. Not like they're the only one's who know how run a pow wow. OR get coordinated.

since your so gun ho about it go help'em out. take time outta your free meal eatin' at peoples camps and go tell them that your assistance is available.

and US young people????? technology would help out a lot in talleyin' up the points....ever heard of MS excel? you might learn a thing a two from "us young people" we know how to get things done "right now" as for me, i still understand the tradition of things and repsect what needs to be done and when. time is precious!!!! go ask an elder!!!

come to think about it, when you attend those "free meals" at the pow wow, do you know the whole reason why they're doing it? it's not just there to feed your face!!!!
When I go back home for powwow, I usually spend 1/2 the time I'm there helping out. Little girl you have no idea what goes on behind the scenes on what makes a powwow run. It's not the judges or the AD or others around the circle when the dancing is going on. Try to put on a powwow as big as Arlee.

BTW I know all about computer technology. I was programming computers while you played in wet dipers. Half the kids now a day can't back count change at a MickeyDs without using the cash regester readout. Technology has spoiled a lot of things. Sure it's faster and easier. But when push comes to shove and the electricity goes out, you have to do things the old fashion way. I have a feeling you would be lost!

It's better to fly with the eagles then drive with the turkeys.

Duct tape has a light side and dark side that binds our universe together.

Bad attatude lessons available here. To inquire, Check the box to the right. []
TKMJ Productions is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-05-2007, 06:31 PM   #43
skoolgyrl_2004

Excuse me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKMJ Productions View Post
When I go back home for powwow, I usually spend 1/2 the time I'm there helping out. Little girl you have no idea what goes on behind the scenes on what makes a powwow run. It's not the judges or the AD or others around the circle when the dancing is going on. Try to put on a powwow as big as Arlee.

BTW I know all about computer technology. I was programming computers while you played in wet dipers. Half the kids now a day can't back count change at a MickeyDs without using the cash regester readout. Technology has spoiled a lot of things. Sure it's faster and easier. But when push comes to shove and the electricity goes out, you have to do things the old fashion way. I have a feeling you would be lost!

PPP...LLL....EEEE.....AAAA.....SSSSS....EEE!!!!! Ya know, this "little girl" has to step down!!! Why should I argue when I KNOW I'M RIGHT!!!! Like I don't know what it takes to run a pow wow!!!! complain complain complain what kinda ndn r u? arguin' with your own kind? guess you're not for real?????

Before you start talking about something, you better get ALL your f**k'n facts straight, especially about this "little girl" you don't know a damn thing about me, so quit it!! You have already embarrassed yourself (espcially with all your learning experiences throughout the years, you'd know how to spell) And if the lights were out. . .I'd know what to do. While I was living as a true "native" you were learning about computer technology trying to fit in..........lol
Old 07-05-2007, 09:24 PM   #44
Powwow Sound 4 U

TKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoolgyrl_2004 View Post

PPP...LLL....EEEE.....AAAA.....SSSSS....EEE!!!!! Ya know, this "little girl" has to step down!!! Why should I argue when I KNOW I'M RIGHT!!!! Like I don't know what it takes to run a pow wow!!!! complain complain complain what kinda ndn r u? arguin' with your own kind? guess you're not for real?????

Before you start talking about something, you better get ALL your f**k'n facts straight, especially about this "little girl" you don't know a damn thing about me, so quit it!! You have already embarrassed yourself (espcially with all your learning experiences throughout the years, you'd know how to spell) And if the lights were out. . .I'd know what to do. While I was living as a true "native" you were learning about computer technology trying to fit in..........lol
If I used such language as you did with the "**", I would step down as well. Very creative!

Now you want to know what kind of a NDN I am? I'm one who took the buffalo by the horns and made something of myself. For my people, for my family, and for me. I wasn't going to sit on the rez and wait for things to happen. I made them happen to get a better life. Just like our ancestors. They did not sit around and wait. They made things happen for the families of the tribe.

Sorry about my spelling. I'm still working on that.

Old 07-05-2007, 11:14 PM   #45
PowWows.com Addicts

Furiously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond repute
Furiously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 450.31
For all the good people who have ever worked on the pow-wow committee.....I thank you. Arlee's always been one of my favorite pow-wows. The contest results haven't always been what folks might expect......but they'll always be a few surprises and that's just a small piece of the puzzle-----sorry to hear some folks are stepping down and won't be contributing to this year's events. Even though I didn't do well in the contest last year, I'd like to go back because it has an environment like no other pow-wow that I know of. Thanks again for all your hard work and I hope to see you at the pow-wow!
Old 07-06-2007, 11:40 AM   #46
Lavender Hill Mobb

CloudN9ne is a jewel in the rough
Credits: 430.00
it's always the same people complaining everyyear!!!

man she did the samething lastyear it's not that hard to go somewhere else, geez

don't get mad at me im just a critic
CloudN9ne is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-06-2007, 05:11 PM   #47
Powwow Sound 4 U

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloudN9ne View Post
man she did the samething lastyear it's not that hard to go somewhere else, geez
Some children have no paitents. Nor do they grasp the concepts of what it takes to put on an event such as Arlee Powwow. Over time hopefully they will learn and understand.

Every powwow has its shortcomings. However each also has its good points. In all my years of going to powwows, I can tell you good and bad of each. There is nothing wrong with it. It's just how you look at things. The point I am trying to make is simple. When we gather to dance, It's a good thing no matter what happens in the background. It is also easier to pick out the flaws rather then pick out the good points of the gathering. Taking the easy way out is never the answer. Working through and solving the problem is the best way. If that means lending a hand, then so be it.

Now if you will please excuse me, I have a 5 hour journey ahead of me tonight. There is a powwow in need of my sound services. Tomorrow WE DANCE!!!!!!!!

Last edited by TKMJ Productions; 07-06-2007 at 05:20 PM..
Old 07-09-2007, 04:11 PM   #48
whip cream is better

kneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond repute
kneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 80.00
I thought this year's pow-wow was pretty alright. Some good drums, Willie Burger was there, lots of dancers.

The main thing that got me was the unplanned dinner break and extra grand entry. Kinda bummed me out. I thought we were actually gonna be done by 7 or 8 at the latest.
Old 07-09-2007, 05:20 PM   #49
Back where I belong

Items Present
NorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond repute
NorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 2,899.39

Great posts TKMJ...way to not STEP DOWN. Those of us who've read your many posts know what kind of NDN you are, and your opponent is definitely not in your league..

Thanks for being one of those who works hard to make powwows an enjoyable experience for the folks who attend...unlike those who boast that their occupation is "Ultimate Rez Chick who stays on the rez doing nothing."

NorthofAda is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-09-2007, 06:04 PM   #50
pancake flipper

Pvt Butter has a reputation beyond reputePvt Butter has a reputation beyond repute
Pvt Butter has a reputation beyond reputePvt Butter has a reputation beyond reputePvt Butter has a reputation beyond reputePvt Butter has a reputation beyond reputePvt Butter has a reputation beyond reputePvt Butter has a reputation beyond reputePvt Butter has a reputation beyond reputePvt Butter has a reputation beyond reputePvt Butter has a reputation beyond reputePvt Butter has a reputation beyond reputePvt Butter has a reputation beyond reputePvt Butter has a reputation beyond reputePvt Butter has a reputation beyond reputePvt Butter has a reputation beyond reputePvt Butter has a reputation beyond reputePvt Butter has a reputation beyond reputePvt Butter has a reputation beyond reputePvt Butter has a reputation beyond repute
how about some results???
Pvt Butter is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-09-2007, 06:27 PM   #51
whip cream is better

kneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond repute
kneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond repute
Couldn't tell ya results. As soon as juniors were announced we blazed out.

Drum contest was pretty good. I thought the drums were pretty evenly matched up.

Did I mention that Willie Burger was there?
Old 07-09-2007, 10:36 PM   #52
pancake flipper

Pvt Butter has a reputation beyond reputePvt Butter has a reputation beyond repute
Pvt Butter has a reputation beyond reputePvt Butter has a reputation beyond reputePvt Butter has a reputation beyond reputePvt Butter has a reputation beyond reputePvt Butter has a reputation beyond reputePvt Butter has a reputation beyond reputePvt Butter has a reputation beyond reputePvt Butter has a reputation beyond reputePvt Butter has a reputation beyond reputePvt Butter has a reputation beyond reputePvt Butter has a reputation beyond reputePvt Butter has a reputation beyond reputePvt Butter has a reputation beyond reputePvt Butter has a reputation beyond reputePvt Butter has a reputation beyond reputePvt Butter has a reputation beyond reputePvt Butter has a reputation beyond reputePvt Butter has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by kneegrow_native View Post
Couldn't tell ya results. As soon as juniors were announced we blazed out.

Drum contest was pretty good. I thought the drums were pretty evenly matched up.

Did I mention that Willie Burger was there?
awww Willie burgers rule with those big, greasy curly fries. How many potatoes do you think he fries up?

Hopefully he'll be at Elmo so I can greeze.
Pvt Butter is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-09-2007, 11:05 PM   #53
skoolgyrl_2004

ah-huh

c how u r? talk the talk but not walk the walk!!!! Yeah, i know what kinda ndn's are when they HAVE TO tell others what they do in order to be an ndn!!! total loss of respect. escpecially when they try to tell others things to try to sound wise.
it's useless trying to argue with a stubborn one who thinks too highly of himself. wast of my time.

I had no complaints this year. it was hot. i heard friday from someone that it got to a 106.

I dont remember the results but kneegrow, ur jr tradish didn't place and neither did mine. my hubby said it was some girls he did not recognize the names? I listened to all the winner's but i didn't be all dedicated and write'em down. i remember that dave brown eagle took 1st in his category. um. . .red sands took the drum contest. elgin scabbyrobe took the hand drum contest. walden took that one man singer, i don't remember what they called it? i'd have to ask my hubby who else placed, he remembers them kinda things. i was listening with him in between games. oh besides my in-laws placing too?
Old 07-10-2007, 12:21 AM   #54
whip cream is better

Yeah, we were there long enough to hear how our kids did then bailed out to get a few hours of sleep before I headed out to work.

Red Sand was sounding pretty good. Their backup singer was pretty wicked, I don't know her name, but it was the southern buckskin dancer with red beadwork. Good singer.
Old 07-10-2007, 02:54 AM   #55
www.wakalapi.com

Wakalapi has a reputation beyond repute
Wakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 336.00
The Powwow DVD guy from Warm Springs wanted me to head over there but we had commitments out by the coast. Sounded like a cool powwow, though, politics and all (like we don't get that everywhere, right?). Maybe next year...
Old 07-10-2007, 02:13 PM   #56
skoolgyrl_2004

Talking Congrats!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kneegrow_native View Post
Yeah, we were there long enough to hear how our kids did then bailed out to get a few hours of sleep before I headed out to work.

Red Sand was sounding pretty good. Their backup singer was pretty wicked, I don't know her name, but it was the southern buckskin dancer with red beadwork. Good singer.

Yeah, I forgot to tell ya and ur wife (lol) congrats on your boy placing. He's looking pretty good these days. I like watching him he tears it up!!! Too bad for our girls, but you can't win'em all. They did good, as always.
Old 07-10-2007, 03:16 PM   #57
Tiny Tot Dancer

preciousteddybear is a jewel in the rough
Arlee powwow prizes

red sand placed high cuz thr one drummerz mom judge them and she scored them higher then others. I feel for all the visters becAUSE the rules posted in program was broken by the committee. I can say the tribal council will hear the complants today in council from the tribal members and visters that staying around to go to browning. this year pow-wow was just an embrassment for the salish people
preciousteddybear is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-10-2007, 04:09 PM   #58
whip cream is better

Quote:
Originally Posted by preciousteddybear View Post
red sand placed high cuz thr one drummerz mom judge them and she scored them higher then others.
Hey, I helped judge the drum contest!

Honestly, I thought that Red Sand, Assiniboine Cree, and Young Grey Horse all a good shot at 1st, it just so happens that Red Sand came through.
Old 07-10-2007, 06:27 PM   #59
Ready to dance

Items Treasure ChestElephantGuitarPresent
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 63,056.53
It was my first time at Arlee powwow this year, and I thought it was great from the visitors point of view. I was even impressed with the rodeo. And the bathrooms!

The Jesse James burger was the BOMB! And huckleberry butter for the frybread??!!! Where else?

I just wish I could have made it over there each day.
Old 07-10-2007, 06:38 PM   #60
Tiny Tot Dancer

stacey curry is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 180.00
My son usually loves Arlee, came home with heat stroke and 4th place in teens for $25. All powwows are alot of work, an extra grand entry made for alot of tired travelers. Thank goodness mine could stay and sleep and make it home. Barely..Our teens are struggleing in this world if theres not enough money for 3 days why not cut it short or make it a traditional powwow. Wish I could have watched him dance any pics or videos of teens boy tradish would be apreciated..
stacey curry is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links