Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Talk > Pow Wow Trip Reports Arlee? Arlee?

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-10-2007, 10:39 PM   #61
Tiny Tot Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
preciousteddybear is a jewel in the rough
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by kneegrow_native View Post
Hey, I helped judge the drum contest!

Honestly, I thought that Red Sand, Assiniboine Cree, and Young Grey Horse all a good shot at 1st, it just so happens that Red Sand came through.
lol! last go round should been thrown out cuz of that! that is why they had extra go around like grand entry and drum contest. i feel sorry for young grey horses and rest of drums cuz that family has no respect to step down, all thr worried about is money. drum contest was messed any wayz this weekend. all i can say elmo smaller, but they treat thr visters and drummers better then arlee.
preciousteddybear is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-10-2007, 11:55 PM   #62
whip cream is better

kneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond repute
kneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 80.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by preciousteddybear View Post
lol! last go round should been thrown out cuz of that! that is why they had extra go around like grand entry and drum contest. i feel sorry for young grey horses and rest of drums cuz that family has no respect to step down, all thr worried about is money. drum contest was messed any wayz this weekend.
Just out of curiosity, who do you think should have won the drum contest? And who else did place? I honestly have no clue.

There was only one go round for drums on Sunday. I know this because I was sitting around waiting to judge all day and was bummed out when they announced a second session.
Old 07-11-2007, 05:06 PM   #63
Tiny Tot Dancer

uhShoshoneGuy will become famous soon enough
Cool and.......

Well, hadn't been to this pow wow in like 10 years, so was interested how it was going to go. I liked that they didn't run it like a Marathon Pow wow like past years and Spot checks everytime you try to sit down and take a break. That was nice.
I didn't place, but I had a good time after it cooled down, dang it was ALL AFRICA HOT!!!
Got to see many of my frens from way back and that was the best part. Showers were nice too, had to take at least two a day to cool off....LOL...
Wondered why it took so long to tally winners myself, but I guess there was not Computer with Excel to total up the points in a flash! Prolly old school, adding on paper.
Got back home safe and might make it to Elmo, but don't know...
I enjoyed the pow wow this year and much Props to whoever the committee was.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:32 PM   #64
skoolgyrl_2004

skoolgyrl_2004 is a jewel in the rough
Savings: 1.00
drum contest?

Red Sands
Young Grey Horse
AsB Cree (hehe can't spell-->don't wanna chop up their name)
Horse Hill??

I think it went in that order or something? I remember my hubby and nephew were arguing who was gonna take it. And we were quiet enough to listen from out camp and I'm not for sure on those results but i remember those names? I'd have to ask my hubby when he gets home. He's still working out in this heat today?
Old 07-12-2007, 04:39 PM   #65
whip cream is better

kneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond repute
kneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 80.00
Oh yeah, one can't forget about them Lil Southern Cree singers. They jammed!
Old 07-12-2007, 05:30 PM   #66
Tiny Tot Dancer

arlee pow-wow

Little southern cree jammed I agree on that. I like that grass dance songs they sang saturday nite. Men's grass owe them little guyz some blankets or something for getting tricked. It was good song!
Old 07-12-2007, 11:13 PM   #67
Native Goddess

nativegoddess77 has a reputation beyond reputenativegoddess77 has a reputation beyond reputenativegoddess77 has a reputation beyond reputenativegoddess77 has a reputation beyond reputenativegoddess77 has a reputation beyond reputenativegoddess77 has a reputation beyond reputenativegoddess77 has a reputation beyond reputenativegoddess77 has a reputation beyond reputenativegoddess77 has a reputation beyond reputenativegoddess77 has a reputation beyond reputenativegoddess77 has a reputation beyond reputenativegoddess77 has a reputation beyond reputenativegoddess77 has a reputation beyond reputenativegoddess77 has a reputation beyond reputenativegoddess77 has a reputation beyond reputenativegoddess77 has a reputation beyond reputenativegoddess77 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 152.20
Thumbs down Arlee Pow Wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by preciousteddybear View Post
lol! last go round should been thrown out cuz of that! that is why they had extra go around like grand entry and drum contest. i feel sorry for young grey horses and rest of drums cuz that family has no respect to step down, all thr worried about is money. drum contest was messed any wayz this weekend. all i can say elmo smaller, but they treat thr visters and drummers better then arlee.
AT least this committee DON'T CHEAT ppl outta their prize money and they DON'T pick THEIR close friends to win. I think they shouldn't even have specials @ Arlee either...that takes too much time.

DRUMMERS AND DANCERS are treated the same way they treat the committee, you know the old saying treat others the way you want to be treated. IF YALL DON'T LIKE HOW OUR POWWOW IS DONE, YOU'RE ALL WELCOME TO GO ELSEWHERE next year!!
nativegoddess77 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-25-2007, 02:35 PM   #68
Tiny Tot Dancer

lol

if the local tribe looked at how thr pow-wow was run. they would be ashamed to even go to thr own pow-wow. tribe council spent good tribal money on arlee pow-wow, they appoint people who treat the vistors with some respect and get people on the committee that are not greedy people. Arlee pow-wow has the nicest grounds in north west area. It shame that local people who are put in charge of the pow-wow this year treated vistors dis-respect. Arlee pow-wow was one of the top pow-wows to go to, but the committee that was in charge of it this year put it on worse pow-wow to go this year. I hope local tribe people who attend pow-wows speak up and get rid that committee that ran people off.
Old 07-25-2007, 04:53 PM   #69
Senior Dancer

Items Present
thizgirlpowwows has a reputation beyond repute
thizgirlpowwows has a reputation beyond reputethizgirlpowwows has a reputation beyond reputethizgirlpowwows has a reputation beyond reputethizgirlpowwows has a reputation beyond reputethizgirlpowwows has a reputation beyond reputethizgirlpowwows has a reputation beyond reputethizgirlpowwows has a reputation beyond reputethizgirlpowwows has a reputation beyond reputethizgirlpowwows has a reputation beyond reputethizgirlpowwows has a reputation beyond reputethizgirlpowwows has a reputation beyond reputethizgirlpowwows has a reputation beyond reputethizgirlpowwows has a reputation beyond reputethizgirlpowwows has a reputation beyond reputethizgirlpowwows has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 4,499.29
anyone have a winners list. LOL
thizgirlpowwows is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-25-2007, 10:25 PM   #70
Native Goddess

nativegoddess77 has a reputation beyond reputenativegoddess77 has a reputation beyond reputenativegoddess77 has a reputation beyond reputenativegoddess77 has a reputation beyond reputenativegoddess77 has a reputation beyond reputenativegoddess77 has a reputation beyond reputenativegoddess77 has a reputation beyond reputenativegoddess77 has a reputation beyond reputenativegoddess77 has a reputation beyond reputenativegoddess77 has a reputation beyond reputenativegoddess77 has a reputation beyond reputenativegoddess77 has a reputation beyond reputenativegoddess77 has a reputation beyond reputenativegoddess77 has a reputation beyond reputenativegoddess77 has a reputation beyond reputenativegoddess77 has a reputation beyond reputenativegoddess77 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 152.20
Talking Winners

Quote:
Originally Posted by thizgirlpowwows View Post
anyone have a winners list. LOL
I posted them here: PowWows.com Gathering > General > Pow Wow Talk > Pow Wow Trip Reports
Arlee 2007
nativegoddess77 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-29-2008, 11:54 AM   #71
Lavender Hill Mobb

CloudN9ne is a jewel in the rough
Credits: 430.00
Yeah the man that ran the drum contest!!
he is head dancer or kyi yo this year!! man what shame

Quote:
Originally Posted by colville_n8iveballer View Post
isnt dat one dude *edited* a child molester? i cant believe he was on the committee.

* name edited ~ has nothing to do with the powwow and submitted no proof. ~mato

don't get mad at me im just a critic

Last edited by CloudN9ne; 02-29-2008 at 12:00 PM.. Reason: typo
CloudN9ne is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-29-2008, 12:50 AM   #72
skoolgyrl_2004

skoolgyrl_2004 is a jewel in the rough
Savings: 1.00
???

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloudN9ne View Post
Yeah the man that ran the drum contest!!
he is head dancer or kyi yo this year!! man what shame
Kyi Yo's coming up fast huh?
Old 03-31-2008, 10:25 AM   #73
Lavender Hill Mobb

CloudN9ne is a jewel in the rough
Credits: 430.00
here he is

yeah he is even on the offender list!!!

don't get mad at me im just a critic

Last edited by CloudN9ne; 03-31-2008 at 10:27 AM..
CloudN9ne is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links