Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Talk > Pow Wow Trip Reports chamber's farm chamber's farm

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-06-2006, 02:24 PM   #21
Oldfart

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Kiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond repute
Kiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
If you just showing up is the thing, then you do not know what a dance is all about and it is more than just one dancer showing up.

You were not charged addmission to this dance or camping fees. If this were a full blown competition dance, which is not a Powwow to me, then you might get away saying making that statement.

How many dances have you been too?

Some more wisdom and admonishment from a "native" elder.
Kiwehnzii is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-07-2006, 03:06 PM   #22
Minglin' N Jinglin'

MayChe has a reputation beyond repute
MayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 900.00
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipis
If you just showing up is the thing, then you do not know what a dance is all about and it is more than just one dancer showing up.

You were not charged addmission to this dance or camping fees. If this were a full blown competition dance, which is not a Powwow to me, then you might get away saying making that statement.

I know that. I wasn't trying to be all cocky. This powwow is and has been going downhill fast. What I meant is that even though this powwow is not the greatest, I still go becuz it's alot of fun. I may bash it, but I bash all the powwows that I like alot That's just me.

I've been to numerous powwows so I know what I should expect.
Old 04-07-2006, 03:14 PM   #23
Minglin' N Jinglin'

MayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singerdad
Isn't this the same pow wow where they spread that guy's ashes in the arena a few years ago? How is it dancing on a graveyard?
Yup, same place. Someone once told me that, "just about everywhere you walk someone died there or is buried there so it's no different". But honestly there's always been a "weird air" around Chambers. Attacking catapillars and all lol.

Last edited by TradJingle; 04-07-2006 at 09:17 PM..
MayChe is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-07-2006, 03:29 PM   #24
Missing Arizona

Comanche74 is an unknown quantity at this point
What's your take on the whole grand entry with the Eagle into the circle?

Thought you weren't suppose to do that!
Anyone got an answer for that one?
Comanche74 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-09-2006, 11:49 AM   #25
Minglin' N Jinglin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comanche74
What's your take on the whole grand entry with the Eagle into the circle?

Thought you weren't suppose to do that!
Anyone got an answer for that one?
I really don't think it's necessary. Besides it's too hot for that eagle out there.
Old 04-09-2006, 12:20 PM   #26
Beadworker

sokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 2,106.54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singerdad
Isn't this the same pow wow where they spread that guy's ashes in the arena a few years ago? How is it dancing on a graveyard?
no way??? thats just plain freeky and you wouldnt catch me near that place...

TRUDELL FOR PRESIDENT

(and no,this isnt zeek)
sokoki_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-09-2006, 12:24 PM   #27
Beadworker

sokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwehnzii

Some more wisdom and admonishment from a "native" elder.
HAHAHAHAHAHA 10 points Kiwe and so true it must be wonderful to be such a self proclaimed expert on everything inna culture that isnt ones own.... ish

TRUDELL FOR PRESIDENT

(and no,this isnt zeek)

Last edited by sokoki_wolf; 04-09-2006 at 12:32 PM..
Old 04-09-2006, 05:23 PM   #28
Teen Dancer

tipis is a jewel in the rough
Exclamation

This is the same dance where the "ashes" were spread in the dance arena by the "Indians" of the area. I have not been in the area since this was done a few years ago. Does not feel right. This was once a great dance many years ago, but has gone done in the last 8 years or so because of all the spiritual and unknowing people. However, there has been a change by a few people to turn it around. They need a chance to see what can be done and it may take a couple of years and people willing to volunteer to help.

Also, it is a great shame that some people on this site only know how to comdemn anyone who is only making an observation or stating some facts about something they have seen or know about, or basically answering a question. It is only a waste of site space and other readers' time who have to wade through the derrogatory comments to get to anything of value. Someone does not have to be born into a culture to be raised or have gained a great deal of knowledge of it. There are many out there who are born of a group, and know nothing about their culture. That is why we ask questions.....I was under the impression this was a sharing of information site and you can pick and choose what you wish to believe or not without someone making those choices for you by scaring off the knowledge or a good question. If the information is not what you want, it is easy ask questions. Others might answer....but not if they are jumped on or see others being constantly put down.
tipis is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-09-2006, 06:48 PM   #29
Kiowakat's #1 fan

hywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scale
Quote:
This is the same dance where the "ashes" were spread in the dance arena by the "Indians" of the area. I have not been in the area since this was done a few years ago. Does not feel right. This was once a great dance many years ago, but has gone done in the last 8 years or so because of all the spiritual and unknowing people. However, there has been a change by a few people to turn it around. They need a chance to see what can be done and it may take a couple of years and people willing to volunteer to help.

Also, it is a great shame that some people on this site only know how to comdemn anyone who is only making an observation or stating some facts about something they have seen or know about, or basically answering a question. It is only a waste of site space and other readers' time who have to wade through the derrogatory comments to get to anything of value. Someone does not have to be born into a culture to be raised or have gained a great deal of knowledge of it. There are many out there who are born of a group, and know nothing about their culture. That is why we ask questions.....I was under the impression this was a sharing of information site and you can pick and choose what you wish to believe or not without someone making those choices for you by scaring off the knowledge or a good question. If the information is not what you want, it is easy ask questions. Others might answer....but not if they are jumped on or see others being constantly put down.
wel lets see, you've lied about the join date of kiowakat to your lil group just cause you were mad about being corrected on kiowa traditions. you spout out information that has a good chance of being wrong like your mention of kiowa's feathering a drum. kk's grandpa used to tell story's about telling whoppers to white folk that came looking for information, it was a great joke to them and it seems the joke hasnt died yet. who died and made you keeper of the native information. because a kiowa (and there was more than one) disagreed with what you said kiowa's did? this is your clue that they dont know what they are talking about? lmao. with the way you act in here i could imagine you were fed alot of fun info. and yes i think you will be condemned when you come in here arguing culture with the ndn's from the particular tribe you are fouling with your words. And last , all the study in the world will not make you any more ndn than you were born too.
funniest thing tho, now your running to groups like the siminar group whining & trying to run down kk's name there too. you are really too much.

Last edited by hywalker; 04-09-2006 at 06:51 PM..
hywalker is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-09-2006, 07:20 PM   #30
Beadworker

Quote:

lmao ya know,when you come on here and pass your holier than tho words onto others that are legit indians ,you make youreslf look like a total fool Tipis...personally i cant see any real ndn's passing on knowledge to you or even talking when youre around...im sure you sit and contradict Elders too and then have your little hissy fits when they dont agree with what you spout as gospel....your words to tradjingle were derogatory and condescending but thats seems to be the way you elevate your self ....and now youre posting about things on this site on plains indian seminar?" lmfao youre beyond pathetic tipis...you come here as a culture vulture....reading what legit indians post about our culture and are using this material for your own book....and as you do with your dress and words let ppl think youre indian....for someone who passes herself off as the expert on ndn culture,you sure dont know a damn thing about respect...well here it is in a nutshell...the Traditional Elders have said no more...and that ppl like you are a problem...end of story and you still have yet to back up your scolarly words about the feather cases in front of the supreme court of which you have documents...lmao youre the only one who does...if youre goig to print mistruths and lies on here or any site then be constantly prepared to defend yourself because you have little clue as to what youre talking about....im sure you wont respond because thats your style...you love to attack and then run away and cry ...well tough...if youre gonna post crap then deal

TRUDELL FOR PRESIDENT

(and no,this isnt zeek)
Old 04-09-2006, 07:27 PM   #31
Beadworker

Quote:

and im not the "boob" who puts down oklahoma as a tribal affiliation lmao heres what tipis says on the yahoo site:
"Unfortunetly that is not the case with some of you. My teachers in
Oklahoma, which is not a tribe for the boob who likes to make jokes to see
himself in print, were and are good people. And yes, there are some who did tell
me wrong information to see how far it would get. Sometimes it is a good joke by
others to see how far misinforation will get before you learn better. And other
teachers did and have imparted to me information that they knew or was
traditional at the time. I see no further reason to defend myself or them or
anyone to others on this site who only like to attack and not ask reasonable
questions. It is sad that you will not have or have lost the knoweledge of those
who did come before you because of your lack of tack or sensability. It is
easier to put down than to just listen and ask a good question."
too funny....when you post wrong info constantly and then berate others who say youre wrong,you better defend yourself and it seems you have to defend yourself constantly...gee that must mean youre WRONG alot huh?
and who are these teachers you use to validate yourself? names tipis names....you prolly drove thru OK once and thats this huge claim to fame of being taught by indians
so name them or dont name drop them around legit indians...time to put up or shut up

TRUDELL FOR PRESIDENT

(and no,this isnt zeek)
Old 04-09-2006, 07:43 PM   #32
Beadworker

tipi's post from the yahoo group...
"But the person who made the remarks about my book as been very after me on another site for just stating some opinions and observations about Native life I have been involved with in the past and sometimes now. Their problem is that I am white and have experiences they do not have. I am just racking it up as an immature person who does not care for any "hobbyist or white person who has any knowledge of Indian material", as they have stated many times on that site. Why then they post on here with all of us...."hobbyist" is beyond me. I am sorry for the loss of knowledgeable impute they might place on here because of their nearsightedness. It is not my intention to get personal with anyone on here or on the Powwows.com site. We have all run into this problem in life and it is not needed here.

I love the information, the diverse group, photos, the personal quarks, and feeling of safety knowing you can give an opinion or throw out an idea and not be put down by others. This is not the way on some other groups."

lmao Tipis ..." Their problem is that I am white and have experiences they do not have." and we are indian and you will never be and you wont ever have the real indian experience you do seem to have a huge problem telling the truth too dont you?

TRUDELL FOR PRESIDENT

(and no,this isnt zeek)
Old 04-09-2006, 09:02 PM   #33
Kiowakat's #1 fan

hywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scalehywalker is off the scale
"Their problem is that I am white and have experiences they do not have. I am just racking it up as an immature person who does not care for any hobbyist or white person who has any knowledge of Indian material"

Now thats funny. if thats another jab at kiowakat then u really havent done your homework. Her father who we'll call Paul C. is white and held in a high regaurd towards his knowledge of southern plains. there are many if not most in the siminar group that kk thinks very highly of because of their knowledge. Of course the ppl i reffer to wouldn't be silly enough to come into a mainly ndn site and spout the things u have either. If your looking for respect , you should try respecting the real ndn's for a change. and why does someone not agreeing with you make them less knowledgable? lol
Old 04-09-2006, 09:04 PM   #34
Teen Dancer

tipis is a jewel in the rough
Well, you have proved me out again that your posts are not constructive and rather repetitive. You have to keep going back to dig up material to say the samething over and over. Get over it. So you maybe an Indian, or what ever you say you are? You still are very negative and do not add anything to posts on this site. The fact that you attack someone on a personal level shows you for what you are....basically uninformed. We can go on like this for a long time in your petty bantering about putting down others for the knowledge or opinions they have. I do not know you nor do you know me. We only meet on this web site. But you have shown yourself for what you are and as others can read. Unless you do have some constructive information to give, these attacks of yours only disrupt the group and this site. Therefore...I do not need to bring myself down to your imature level to respond further. I will keep giving my opinion or answer questions as needed or I have the experience to do.

And Hywalker, you do not have the entire quote or information. Miss Kat attacked me personally on anther group without me saying anthing about her nor did I include or alude to her in anyway. She just jumped in and started making acusations that were totally unfounded as she found out from the others on that group. If you had been written about as she did me you would have said a more. I was very reserved in what I said and what you see out of context.

Last edited by tipis; 04-09-2006 at 09:13 PM..
tipis is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-09-2006, 09:12 PM   #35
Banned

kiowakat is a splendid one to beholdkiowakat is a splendid one to beholdkiowakat is a splendid one to beholdkiowakat is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Well, you have proved me out again that your posts are not constructive and rather repetitive. You have to keep going back to dig up material to say the samething over and over. Get over it. So you maybe an Indian, or what ever you say you are? You still are very negative and do not add anything to posts on this site. The fact that you attack someone on a personal level shows you for what you are....basically uninformed. We can go on like this for a long time in your petty bantering about putting down others for the knowledge or opinions they have. I do not know you nor do you know me. We only meet on this web site. But you have shown yourself for what you are and as others can read. Unless you do have some constructive information to give, these attacks of yours only disrupt the group and this site. Therefore...I do not need to bring myself down to your imature level to respond further. I will keep giving my opinion or answer questions as needed or I have the experience to do.

yeah we can keep going on..... cause its you that is being unproductive....how hard is it to copy some photos and get some indian to talk to you so that you can put it out all in your book...doesn't seem that hard stealing others information from under their noses.......your not gods gift to me or any other native that understands their heritage so you might as well keep all your little fanatasy indian cermeony crap to yourself.....p.s. keep your opinions of me out of plainsindiansmeinartwo group thanks, whining is unbecoming
kiowakat is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-09-2006, 09:27 PM   #36
Biboon omaa

White Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond repute
White Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 2,966.54
OK you two. Cool your jets please.
OK Niji we are running a train with red over yellow at this powwow.
White Powwow Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-09-2006, 09:39 PM   #37
Banned

kiowakat is a splendid one to beholdkiowakat is a splendid one to beholdkiowakat is a splendid one to beholdkiowakat is a splendid one to behold
no not quiting ....now she is lying thru her teeth in plainsindianseminar yahoo group saying I am quoting out of places ....... now I will copy and paste whta she is saying if i have to and yes I have to dig up old post tipis...nothing wrong with that lol

Linda Holley
[ Add to Address Book | Block Address | Report as Spam ]
To:
Subject: Re: [PlainsIndianSeminartwo] BOOK WRITER'S DILEMMA

Well, she has taken the quotes from this web site and now going after me on Powwows.com in very personal attacks. I am holding my own....hey. I like a good fight if it is worth it. In this case....it is not. But in time she will pass.
Old 04-09-2006, 09:42 PM   #38
Biboon omaa

White Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond repute
White Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 2,966.54
Hi KK
Would you please take it to email or PMs please.
OK Niji we are running a train with red over yellow at this powwow.
White Powwow Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-09-2006, 09:45 PM   #39
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiowakat

Linda Holley
[ Add to Address Book | Block Address | Report as Spam ]
To:
Subject: Re: [PlainsIndianSeminartwo] BOOK WRITER'S DILEMMA

Well, she has taken the quotes from this web site and now going after me on Powwows.com in very personal attacks. I am holding my own....hey. I like a good fight if it is worth it. In this case....it is not. But in time she will pass.
Tipis hello quit threatening me.........

but in time I will pass what in the heck does that mean miss tipis????

I will still be Kiowa lol

Last edited by kiowakat; 04-09-2006 at 09:53 PM..
Old 04-09-2006, 09:47 PM   #40
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Powwow Dancer
Hi KK
Would you please take it to email or PMs please.
I would but tipis wants this public so here it is........
Sponsored Links