Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Talk > Pow Wow Trip Reports chamber's farm chamber's farm

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-29-2006, 11:56 PM   #61
Banned

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
kiowakat is a splendid one to beholdkiowakat is a splendid one to beholdkiowakat is a splendid one to beholdkiowakat is a splendid one to behold
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsate
Hello kiowakat.

Went to your web site and enjoyed the flag song. Always good to hear sounds of home.

How long has it been since you were last in Carnegie? I miss the dances at Red Buffalo Hall. Hopefully, I'll get back there this year. I'm getting low on my Mear's burger fix and I need a dip in the Wa****a.

BTW, there used to be an old white woman in Lawton that had a bead shop. Can't remember her name, but I was wondering if you knew if it was still there.

Thanks for any help.

mmmmm meers burgers but watch out for them beef ribs baygaw them people raisin dinosuars out there or something lol I usaully get that on my way to saddle mountain, I was back home in nov....and the only white ran bead shop that i knew of is mckee's in dodge lol....and back in the day snoopy's
glad you enjoyed the website more pics to come!! Aho!
kiowakat is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-01-2006, 06:43 AM   #62
Interested Observer

tsate is an unknown quantity at this point
YO! It was Snoopy's. I don't know why I was thinking it was in Lawton, guess I was thinking of Buck's. Yep, Snoopy's there in Anadarko right on the corner.

I'm hoping to get back home this year and head to Long Horn Mountain, I need some medicine bad!

I think I may even go by zoltone pots, get cleaned up!

If I'm real lucky, I'll get to Carnegie Park on the 4th of July, when it's cool...heh....

Thanks for the help.
tsate is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-01-2006, 08:14 PM   #63
Banned

kiowakat is a splendid one to beholdkiowakat is a splendid one to beholdkiowakat is a splendid one to beholdkiowakat is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsate
YO! It was Snoopy's. I don't know why I was thinking it was in Lawton, guess I was thinking of Buck's. Yep, Snoopy's there in Anadarko right on the corner.

I'm hoping to get back home this year and head to Long Horn Mountain, I need some medicine bad!

I think I may even go by zoltone pots, get cleaned up!

If I'm real lucky, I'll get to Carnegie Park on the 4th of July, when it's cool...heh....

Thanks for the help.
Old 05-02-2006, 12:32 AM   #64
Just Rugged Guy

t'aultaun ondep is an unknown quantity at this point
Chambers Farm?

Sorry, but Chambers Farm's not on my powwow calendar. I've heard Bob Dylan sing about Maggie's Farm. Are they related? Where the hell is Chambers Farm?

T.O.
Old 05-10-2006, 03:22 PM   #65
Northern Traditional

Steffan Redhawk has a reputation beyond repute
Steffan Redhawk has a reputation beyond reputeSteffan Redhawk has a reputation beyond reputeSteffan Redhawk has a reputation beyond reputeSteffan Redhawk has a reputation beyond reputeSteffan Redhawk has a reputation beyond reputeSteffan Redhawk has a reputation beyond reputeSteffan Redhawk has a reputation beyond reputeSteffan Redhawk has a reputation beyond reputeSteffan Redhawk has a reputation beyond reputeSteffan Redhawk has a reputation beyond reputeSteffan Redhawk has a reputation beyond reputeSteffan Redhawk has a reputation beyond reputeSteffan Redhawk has a reputation beyond reputeSteffan Redhawk has a reputation beyond reputeSteffan Redhawk has a reputation beyond reputeSteffan Redhawk has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 410.00
Savings: 722.45
Chambers Farm

Quote:
Originally Posted by t'aultaun ondep
Sorry, but Chambers Farm's not on my powwow calendar. I've heard Bob Dylan sing about Maggie's Farm. Are they related? Where the hell is Chambers Farm?

T.O.
I'll tell ya, chambers farm is not a pow wow... It's a gathering, a great gathering, if it were a pow wow, it would be horrible, and put on the DNA list (Do not attend.)

Chambers farm is a GREAT gathering, I've only been there twice, and I can't wait to return (Hopefully thanksgiving this year).

The Gathering is located in Orange Springs, Flordia. On a small farm, that kinda looks swampy, and has a mosquito problem when they don't fog.

Again, I can NOT consider this a pow wow, however, I know and have met several of the people who have ran it... I would bend over backwards for most of them, and they'd do the same for just about anyone.

One thing I know about this commitee, and staff. If you have a problem with the way things are ran, and you talk to them in a 'good way' they will make the commodations for you.

I have sang with the drums there, I have danced, I was requested to do a duck and dive vs bodie ward (tradish vs grass) and I did so. (Beat him down too!) <3 to bodie, lol.

You'll see things at a gathering like this that you might not want to see... You'll see things here that you may very well carry with you for life.

The last year I attended, someone hit a mature bald eagle on the way to the pow wow, they brought it to the pow wow, and then took it to the vet.

I can just about promise you, 1/2 the people that goto powwows would have had that bird stripped, mounted, and probably had a tail fan made before they finished the 30 mile trip to the grounds.

Good people here, if they do drugs, it's not done in the arena. I know guns, alcohol, and drugs are not permitted (I was asked to ditch my firearm... my fault for bringing it, but we were in flordia) We all know 1 out of 3 skins smoke the herb, if they admit to it or not, we all know that... You know there are always drugs at a pow wow... but smoking it in the arbor?

I've never seen that anywhere, I bet none of you have either.

Once again, it's in Orange Springs Flordia, and I think it's around thanksgiving, and once again in the spring.
MSN: [email protected]
Steffan Redhawk is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-10-2006, 10:53 PM   #66
nobody

suthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 394.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by TradJingle
Yup, same place. Someone once told me that, "just about everywhere you walk someone died there or is buried there so it's no different". But honestly there's always been a "weird air" around Chambers. Attacking catapillars and all lol.
yea thats crazy cuz i heard that at the end of the powwow i wus like WTF no1 told me this. but yea the caterpillars were killin us. dam a couple kept landin on billy's cowboy hat. lol crazy but I heard they moved the location from where the ashes were spread.
Old 05-10-2006, 11:07 PM   #67
nobody

suthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 394.00
clint cayou
Old 05-11-2006, 02:31 PM   #68
Where's the next dance?

stomp is a jewel in the rough
Credits: 996.60
I heard the eagle didn't make it. Don't know if it was from being hit, not getting immediate care, the trama of being brought around people and loud sounds, or all of the above.
Old 05-11-2006, 06:52 PM   #69
Northern Traditional

Steffan Redhawk has a reputation beyond reputeSteffan Redhawk has a reputation beyond reputeSteffan Redhawk has a reputation beyond reputeSteffan Redhawk has a reputation beyond reputeSteffan Redhawk has a reputation beyond reputeSteffan Redhawk has a reputation beyond reputeSteffan Redhawk has a reputation beyond reputeSteffan Redhawk has a reputation beyond reputeSteffan Redhawk has a reputation beyond reputeSteffan Redhawk has a reputation beyond reputeSteffan Redhawk has a reputation beyond reputeSteffan Redhawk has a reputation beyond reputeSteffan Redhawk has a reputation beyond reputeSteffan Redhawk has a reputation beyond reputeSteffan Redhawk has a reputation beyond reputeSteffan Redhawk has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by stomp
I heard the eagle didn't make it. Don't know if it was from being hit, not getting immediate care, the trama of being brought around people and loud sounds, or all of the above.
I had heard that it was in the clear before the weekend was over, so ionno.... Maybe someone that knows for sure can tell us?
Old 05-11-2006, 07:15 PM   #70
Banned

Read these threads and it might answer some of your questions

our way:
http://www.powwows.com/gathering/showthread.php?t=31440

Gourd dancing is not a veterans dance:
http://www.powwows.com/gathering/showthread.php?t=12419
Old 05-11-2006, 11:34 PM   #71
Northern Traditional

Ummmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiowakat
Read these threads and it might answer some of your questions

our way:
http://www.powwows.com/gathering/showthread.php?t=31440

Gourd dancing is not a veterans dance:
http://www.powwows.com/gathering/showthread.php?t=12419

Maybe I missed something Kiowa, although I found both threads interesting, what does it have to do with the current topic?

Or, did you just wanna see how many people would look? hehe

I read through the entire thread, and just couldn't figure outwhat you were refering to..... maybe I'll re read this thread, maybe I missed something else.
Old 05-11-2006, 11:46 PM   #72
Banned

LMAO I posted to wrong thread lol but ah well ......hehehe got you to look sounds good lol.
Old 05-12-2006, 03:23 AM   #73
Northern Traditional

Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiowakat
LMAO I posted to wrong thread lol but ah well ......hehehe got you to look sounds good lol.

I did re read every thread in it's entirety, dunno how much time I wasted, but... WOW :P

lol... thanks though, it did help educate me on a few topics.
Old 07-01-2006, 07:04 PM   #74
Pow Wow Visitor

Buzzybee is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 30.00
Been There, Done That, Got the T-Shirt

First off, "Tipi's" has passed herself off as being a member of several different nations over the years. She was never very well liked due to her arrogant nature. She HAS NOT even been active in the great Florida powwows for years.
I myself would take anything she says and a nickel and try to buy a cup of java.

Secondly,
Chambers Farm has so greatly improved over the last couple years. It is no longer a side show and a place for vendors to try to run a powwow !! It got so bad before it was purchased by the new owner that it was a great laugh to hear all the vendors that were not invited back grumbling and then talking about "the chambers family". There was no chambers family. There WERE a lot of power hungry vendors who wanted to be the top dogs and failed each time. They got so bad they were backstabbing each other and many friendships that had lasted for years are no more.

The new Chambers is run quite nicely and the new owner is slowly getting headstaff in place that know what to do and the proper way of doing it. No Clint was not a good A.D.!
The head lady was having to take care of the A.D. duties during gourd dance while he was sitting up by the M.C. talking. this matter has been addressed! He not once made a move to see that the singers had liquid, and you know what, its hot out there folks and singing takes it out of you.
It was great that Donna and Chuck Rowland noticed this and took drinks out to the drum. Which by the way was great.

As far as lining up, I was there, no one asked me anything about my age! But in truth in each section I would think that the younger people would out of respect automatically defer to their elders, wouldnt you. ?

Yes there were some specators smoking pot while sitting on the benches before the dance started. I believe this was taken care of at the time but can't be positive but did see the A.D. go talk to them.

As for the female grass dancer. She has to walk her own path. It really didn't seem like she got as upset as her mother, who seemed to be ranting and raving to anyone that would listen.

But for the most part these were isolated incidents and the dance as whole was great. The problem seems to be in the southeast that all the white people THINK they know how things should be and all the INDIANS know how they should be.

There are a lot of disgruntled vendors who were not invited back to Chambers that have nothing better to do than keep running it down. Its a shame but thats how it is.

My advice to anyone is Come and see for yourself , if you like it come back, if you don't,,,,,,,,,,go somewhere else. Pretty simple, ehhhhhhhh?
Buzzybee is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links