Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Talk > Pow Wow Trip Reports enoch drum contest results enoch drum contest results

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-12-2008, 03:16 AM   #1
Pow Wow Visitor

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
redndn_08 is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
enoch drum contest results

hosts were northern cree&whtfishjrs.
1st.seekaskooch.
2nd.horsemen
3rd.perfect storm
4th.poundmkr
5th.mtnsoul
6th.940(sarcee)
redndn_08 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-12-2008, 02:08 PM   #2
Pow Wow Visitor

babygirlz2005 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down

do you know this winners for the adult categories in enoch, see I made the mistake of going to siksika powwow, what a nightmare, I ain't ever going back thurr again, u can only win if you live thurr, they had lots of visitors and none of them placed at all, all u heard was "from siksika", haha, it wuz kinda funny. So, anyone, I recommend never going thurrr, ever. Some of them was pretty rude too, tryna take drums away from singers and telling visitors they can't come to their feasts, etc. well, thanks.
Old 08-13-2008, 12:02 AM   #3
Pow Wow Visitor

redndn_08 is an unknown quantity at this point
enoch adult results

Quote:
Originally Posted by babygirlz2005 View Post
do you know this winners for the adult categories in enoch, see I made the mistake of going to siksika powwow, what a nightmare, I ain't ever going back thurr again, u can only win if you live thurr, they had lots of visitors and none of them placed at all, all u heard was "from siksika", haha, it wuz kinda funny. So, anyone, I recommend never going thurrr, ever. Some of them was pretty rude too, tryna take drums away from singers and telling visitors they can't come to their feasts, etc. well, thanks.
sorry i can't recall every winner,but heres what i remember.
1st women jingle. leah omeaso-syrite.
1stmens trad. bobby hunter
1stgrass dale zorhtian
1stmens fancy amos yazzi
redndn_08 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-13-2008, 03:37 AM   #4
Fancy Dancer at heart

edmontonnativemommy is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

Wow thats pretty messed up... i havent been to a southern pow wow in a long time. You missed a good one in Enoch.. i really enjoyed it.. not alot of specials and the specials they did have were BEAUTIFUL... i cant say on here what they were but ... ceremonial...

You get that favoritism at every powwow.. its not how good you dance its who you know and who knows you... sad but true
edmontonnativemommy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-13-2008, 03:33 PM   #5
Peace n Mutton Grease

Nezbah has a reputation beyond repute
Nezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 511.00
Savings: 1.00
whooo hooo way to go Dale Zorthian!! Ya know I love ya brother, proud of ya too. Keep dancing hard and remember what I told ya.

Congrats to all da other winners. N from what I heard mah other bro Stuart Morin danced wicked too, woo hooo...

Oh yeah, way to go mtn soul..... good seeing you all again in RBoy. Thanks for everything and safe travels, aka Trail Mixxxxxx

EMAIL ME for GON 2014 Special Hotel, Air, and Car Rates...limited availability. Powwow special rates across the US and Canada. I also offer great vacation, business, and specialty fares to every destination in the world! Email for the rates
[email protected]
Nezbah is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-13-2008, 04:33 PM   #6
is waiting ....

chazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond repute
chazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 374.00
Quote:
dang how rude is that? why would they wanna take a drum away .. and no visitors at your feed? chu ... go eat at your house alone then LOL.

but ya there's rude ppl all over ... i had some dude thow my blanket off the bleacher at enoch LOL. by my part-nah was standing right there and asked him what he was doing .. he says "there's been no one there for like the last 5 minutes!!" so my partner says "well my wife and daughters are sitting there and they are getting ready for grand entry" and put it back LOL.
Old 08-15-2008, 04:13 AM   #7
Peace n Mutton Grease

Nezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by chazziff View Post
dang how rude is that? why would they wanna take a drum away .. and no visitors at your feed? chu ... go eat at your house alone then LOL.

but ya there's rude ppl all over ... i had some dude thow my blanket off the bleacher at enoch LOL. by my part-nah was standing right there and asked him what he was doing .. he says "there's been no one there for like the last 5 minutes!!" so my partner says "well my wife and daughters are sitting there and they are getting ready for grand entry" and put it back LOL.
LOL.......I had someone do that to me and my family at GON!! I even had the blankets pinned and taped to the chair. I was working in the tent and expecting mah family who was coming in from Montana and Colorado to show up. I went to go to GE to finally see my son dance in, then they had just plopped down, took the blankets off, threw them on the floor, and threw their attitude. Man, I was pissed. Talk about RUDE people, plus they were Navajo!! hahaha. Jeesh.

But I do know of people who will come and take the drum away, usually an elder or someone who has the rights to do that. I always tell my boy and their drum group to be careful what you do around the drum or how you treat it, someone may just come and take it away. So I dunno the circumstances but they must have been doing something for someone to do that. Usually happens in the North, I dunno bout down here in the southwest. I even know of peeps getting their drum taken away for singing a song they aren't suppose to or doing something wrong, so it does happen.

Anyhow, I wish I was up at the powwow, MTN Soul wanted us to go up and were invited but I didn't bring our passports or birth certificates with us :(. If I did, we'd probably be still up that way...LOL. Oh well, its now coming time for all the Cali powwow and AZ powwow circuits to start up, so I guess I had to come home. *S* It was fun though. Hope you had some fun at Enoch though.

EMAIL ME for GON 2014 Special Hotel, Air, and Car Rates...limited availability. Powwow special rates across the US and Canada. I also offer great vacation, business, and specialty fares to every destination in the world! Email for the rates
[email protected]
Old 08-15-2008, 01:48 PM   #8
is waiting ....

chazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond repute
chazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezbah View Post
LOL.......I had someone do that to me and my family at GON!! I even had the blankets pinned and taped to the chair. I was working in the tent and expecting mah family who was coming in from Montana and Colorado to show up. I went to go to GE to finally see my son dance in, then they had just plopped down, took the blankets off, threw them on the floor, and threw their attitude. Man, I was pissed. Talk about RUDE people, plus they were Navajo!! hahaha. Jeesh.

But I do know of people who will come and take the drum away, usually an elder or someone who has the rights to do that. I always tell my boy and their drum group to be careful what you do around the drum or how you treat it, someone may just come and take it away. So I dunno the circumstances but they must have been doing something for someone to do that. Usually happens in the North, I dunno bout down here in the southwest. I even know of peeps getting their drum taken away for singing a song they aren't suppose to or doing something wrong, so it does happen.

Anyhow, I wish I was up at the powwow, MTN Soul wanted us to go up and were invited but I didn't bring our passports or birth certificates with us :(. If I did, we'd probably be still up that way...LOL. Oh well, its now coming time for all the Cali powwow and AZ powwow circuits to start up, so I guess I had to come home. *S* It was fun though. Hope you had some fun at Enoch though.
BUH!! taped to the bench and they still threw it off ... holay!!! dang .... but ya theres rude ppl where ever you go sometimes ...

we went to siksika once ... way back when our oldest was like a toddler i think ... last time we went .. got the vibe that they dont like visitors LMFAO. he went to sing wit black lodge i think they was the host drum that year LOL
Old 08-16-2008, 02:54 AM   #9
Peace n Mutton Grease

Yeah, well ya get that vibe over here at the NN....too. LOL. Fortunately, I am Navajo, but even then, that don't help. I know some other visitors who get the cold shoulder sometimes too. But I know if you come from a big name group or family, people with do anything to become ya friend...LOL. Oh well, I just keep to mah own, sometimes I don't even want to socialize...LOL, just sit and enjoy watching the dancing or hearing the songs.

If ya come down this way, hit us up, we'll be nice to ya... :D

Nezzy

[email protected]
Old 08-16-2008, 04:51 AM   #10
Fancy Dancer at heart

edmontonnativemommy is an unknown quantity at this point
Im always looking to meet new people especially from south of the border... If you are planning on coming to another alberta pow wow... this month... let me know and I will keep an eye out for you!
edmontonnativemommy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-16-2008, 06:25 PM   #11
is waiting ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezbah View Post
Yeah, well ya get that vibe over here at the NN....too. LOL. Fortunately, I am Navajo, but even then, that don't help. I know some other visitors who get the cold shoulder sometimes too. But I know if you come from a big name group or family, people with do anything to become ya friend...LOL. Oh well, I just keep to mah own, sometimes I don't even want to socialize...LOL, just sit and enjoy watching the dancing or hearing the songs.

If ya come down this way, hit us up, we'll be nice to ya... :D

Nezzy
ya same here ... i really dont socialize much ... im not one of those "got to hug and say hi to everyone at the pow wow" kinda people. jus go get my girls ready and wait for drum contest to be over ... oh n watch mens grass hee hee

oh i know about the big name group or family ... dang sometimes its like who are you and why are you hugging me? but that might be from me not liking ppl in my personal space LMFAO jkz ... ppl think im mean im jus shy and tired half the time HAHA jkz

only time we get to go state side is for host jobs .. havnt had some for awhile n of course they gotta check out GON lol. they tryna go down again this year .. n they host in muckleshoot again next year. they is poundmaker .. btw LOL
Old 08-17-2008, 09:00 PM   #12
Tiny Tot Dancer

shinobmatt has a reputation beyond reputeshinobmatt has a reputation beyond reputeshinobmatt has a reputation beyond reputeshinobmatt has a reputation beyond reputeshinobmatt has a reputation beyond reputeshinobmatt has a reputation beyond reputeshinobmatt has a reputation beyond reputeshinobmatt has a reputation beyond reputeshinobmatt has a reputation beyond reputeshinobmatt has a reputation beyond reputeshinobmatt has a reputation beyond reputeshinobmatt has a reputation beyond reputeshinobmatt has a reputation beyond reputeshinobmatt has a reputation beyond reputeshinobmatt has a reputation beyond reputeshinobmatt has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 863.85
Quote:
ya same here ... i really dont socialize much ... im not one of those "got to hug and say hi to everyone at the pow wow" kinda people. jus go get my girls ready and wait for drum contest to be over ... oh n watch mens grass hee hee

oh i know about the big name group or family ... dang sometimes its like who are you and why are you hugging me? but that might be from me not liking ppl in my personal space LMFAO jkz ... ppl think im mean im jus shy and tired half the time HAHA jkz

only time we get to go state side is for host jobs .. havnt had some for awhile n of course they gotta check out GON lol. they tryna go down again this year .. n they host in muckleshoot again next year. they is poundmaker .. btw LOL

we is the same way just go to hang out and enjoy. and tell my uncle that i am tryina get pmr to red dirt next year almost got the dude pickin drums convinced. but i need a copy of pmr for further help. and when you decide to bring him home please bring all yer cds.(on my knees beggin).exspecially the roundy ones.
shinobmatt is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-17-2008, 09:21 PM   #13
Peace n Mutton Grease

Quote:

Ohhh yeah, I hear ya on that one...watchin men's grass....wooo weeee, don't get me on that subject, aye, especially them Cree boys...LOL. So far I did have a Siksika Cree BF but he was a Fancy Dancer and hooked on drugs...*S*. He was way too fast for me...LOL. I like em strong and smooth...eh. Da longer dem braids the harder the hearbeat goes.....shoooooo.

But most of the time, I rather have someone come say hi then me making the rounds. But then again I also have business and most of my clients are powwower's. So I have to keep the clientele relationship going too.

Lately, I just have been keeping to myself and whomever I am travelling with. I think its more courteous to pay attention to those whom your sitting with then be off socializing somewhere too. My biggest pet peeve is to be travelling with your friends or family but you never see them or talk to them the whole weekend, what's the point?? LOL.

Well anytime you all or poundmaker make it down for GON, we'll be nice to ya all. Just hit me up, usually I have the bomb hotels and best prices.

Have fun and don't socialize too much....hahaha. kidding.

Nezzy

[email protected]
Sponsored Links