Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree111Likes

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Talk > Pow Wow Trip Reports going to a pow-wow tomorrow afternoon going to a pow-wow tomorrow afternoon

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-27-2015, 09:32 AM   #41
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 47,242.08
Savings: 0.00
It is moments like these when I am afflicted with an unfortunately bout of white ancestry guilt. It just isn't cool to have non-Indian blood. I look at that and imagine the stigma that will be visited on my descendants. The prejudice and abuse they will experience.

So, I will flee into the hills of Texas and hide. I will lie to my children and tell them they are NDN. I will make them assimilate, intermarry, and learn to dance and sing like Caddos or Coushattas. But late at night we'll still practice our ways. Not that I'll tell them they're our ways, mind you.

This will be good, until one day one of my great-grandchildren bites into an apple and wonders why they don't have shovel incisors. They will come to me on my death-bed and ask if they are really non-Indian. But, I'll be too far gone to tell them. They'll be forced to try to reconstruct corrupted jpg files and speculate about whether or not there was a blond tint to my hair.

Last edited by OLChemist; 05-27-2015 at 01:07 PM..
OLChemist is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-27-2015, 10:57 AM   #42
Me & Eyes r doin' goot !

Items DevilPresent
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 49,304.16
Savings: 1.00
windanncer and gilisi like this.

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
wardancer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-27-2015, 07:56 PM   #43
LBGOOD2U

Items DevilPresentPresent
lbgood has a reputation beyond repute
lbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 5,007.25
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLChemist View Post
It is moments like these when I am afflicted with an unfortunately bout of white ancestry guilt. It just isn't cool to have non-Indian blood. I look at that and imagine the stigma that will be visited on my descendants. The prejudice and abuse they will experience.

So, I will flee into the hills of Texas and hide. I will lie to my children and tell them they are NDN. I will make them assimilate, intermarry, and learn to dance and sing like Caddos or Coushattas. But late at night we'll still practice our ways. Not that I'll tell them they're our ways, mind you.

This will be good, until one day one of my great-grandchildren bites into an apple and wonders why they don't have shovel incisors. They will come to me on my death-bed and ask if they are really non-Indian. But, I'll be too far gone to tell them. They'll be forced to try to reconstruct corrupted jpg files and speculate about whether or not there was a blond tint to my hair.
I think your not so high cheek bones, straight fingers and beautiful sternum will give away any ancestry speculations. ..J/K
lbgood is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-27-2015, 09:13 PM   #44
I pull your leg out!

Items Treasure ChestElephantPresentPresent
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 71,475.42
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgood View Post
I think your not so high cheek bones, straight fingers and beautiful sternum will give away any ancestry speculations. ..J/K
Well well well look what the cops dragged in.

LBGOOD we missed you!!!!

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/
Toolbox is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-27-2015, 10:58 PM   #45
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 102,514.46
lbbaddernu, we were thinking Hawk 1 got snagged at the powwow she went to cuz we hadn't healed from her. You know anything about her being snagged up?
Joe's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-29-2015, 12:25 AM   #46
Pow Wow Committee

gilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond repute
gilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 52,468.46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's Dad View Post
lbbaddernu, we were thinking Hawk 1 got snagged at the powwow she went to cuz we hadn't healed from her. You know anything about her being snagged up?

LOOK!! LBgood had a booth at the Ohio powwow!!
Attached Thumbnails
lbgood.jpg  
windanncer likes this.

"Show me somethin"
gilisi is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-30-2015, 08:34 PM   #47
Powwow Grandmother

DeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond repute
DeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 4,566.41
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilisi View Post
Well I am ready to dance... aaayye

On the photo, that is terrible with the hair which really mess that up. No way.

DeafElderWoman is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-30-2015, 09:36 PM   #48
Pow Wow Committee

gilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond repute
gilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond repute
what about the chooz? you like those?

Im just kidding... i was being sarcastic. Thats just a photo from the internet.

I will try not to be so sarcastic all the time....
windanncer and DeafElderWoman like this.

"Show me somethin"

Last edited by gilisi; 05-30-2015 at 09:39 PM..
Old 05-30-2015, 10:59 PM   #49
Me & Eyes r doin' goot !

Items DevilPresent
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 49,304.16
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilisi View Post
what about the chooz? you like those?

Im just kidding... i was being sarcastic. Thats just a photo from the internet.

I will try not to be so sarcastic all the time....
I liked the chooz ! LOL All he needs to do is steal a roach somewhere !

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
wardancer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-30-2015, 11:31 PM   #50
Pow Wow Committee

Quote:
Originally Posted by wardancer View Post
I liked the chooz ! LOL All he needs to do is steal a roach somewhere !

Come to think of it, he was sayin somethin bout he stole one from this one canadian guy......
wardancer and windanncer like this.

"Show me somethin"
Sponsored Links