Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Talk > Pow Wow Trip Reports Home from Pawhuska Inlonshka Home from Pawhuska Inlonshka

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-03-2009, 02:39 AM   #1
cherosage

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
CHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond repute
CHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,432.07
Savings: 1.00
Home from Pawhuska Inlonshka

I got home Monday night from Pawhuska. I met some fine gentlemen one from Alabama and one from Minnisota (?). I enjoyed myself at my cuzn's and also enjoyed great hospitality from my good friend Osagesooner and his family. His Mom and Dad are very generous host. Sitting there with this fine family and the fine meals that they prepared for their guest and family made me very glad to be able to call them my friend. Thank you Osagesooner for inviting me to eat with you and your family/friends.
I wish everyone could dance or at least see these Society Dances. I have always had a good time dancing in our Inlonshka. As I sit there on our Pawhuska bench I see teh other Districts and the Guest. I feel very good knowing I am able to dance with these very great dancers to the best songs going. I feel proud of our Committeemen and their families. I am not just Osage but in times like this I am the most proudest to be called an Osage when I can put on my clothes and dance to these songs. The heat was lost in the feelings I get when we are dancing, although I drip alot. I had to change clothes each and every dance.
I made my way home trying to sing many of the songs, not completely or correctly. I am planning on next years trip and just hinted to my wife for some more shirts. I realize that I'm very old fashioned and should pick my fashion style some.

A great big thanks to Mary Avery/family and to the family of our generous Osagesooner. Osagesooner thank you very much, see you this weekend and hope we have a great dance.