Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree57Likes

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Talk > Pow Wow Trip Reports just came back from stanford just came back from stanford

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-19-2014, 01:22 PM   #21
Standing Rock

Items PresentDevilElephant
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Credits: 85,140.75
Savings: 1.00
xTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond repute
xTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by xTekno View Post
Yeah, I got that one with the yellow tape which Tom was using. The one missing had a white wrap on it.

I searched on ebay.com and found several G2 plug-on transmitters, but most were in very used conditions with lots of nicks and scratches. However, I did find one in excellent condition for $199.00 with free shipping. The new ones for G3 models run for $299.00.
the students found my mic!!

they're working on shipping it back this week.

but, i already have a replacement plug-on transmitter also enroute which i will have available as a backup. not bad for $149.99 and free shipping from ebay.com.
xTekno is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-19-2014, 02:30 PM   #22
Standing Rock

xTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond repute
xTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolbox View Post
Thats a sad story - one that I can relate to as well. Lost a few good Sennheiser G3s over the years to speakers rushing out the door following a speech without dropping off the mic pack to the person running the audio. BTW have you heard that the FCC is taking away the 600MHz bands starting next year?
It MAY be okay:

Wireless microphones used by broadcasters and cable programming entities will be licensed to operate on a portion of the duplex gap. Other wireless mics can operate unlicensed in the guard bands.
Google, others applaud FCC's plan for 600 MHz unlicensed spectrum - FierceWireless
windanncer and Toolbox like this.
Old 05-19-2014, 02:41 PM   #23
I pull your leg out!

Items Treasure ChestElephantPresentPresent
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 71,475.42
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
It MAY be okay:

Wireless microphones used by broadcasters and cable programming entities will be licensed to operate on a portion of the duplex gap. Other wireless mics can operate unlicensed in the guard bands.
Google, others applaud FCC's plan for 600 MHz unlicensed spectrum - FierceWireless
Thats a little better. We check our wireless mics with databases anyways because here our airwaves are so packed there aren't very many available frequencies available for us to use. I was shooting a few months ago in our downtown area and there wasn't a single A band frequency that wasn't occupied so we just had to play with the receiver antenna orientation and find the channel with the least amount of noise.

Also that is awesome that you got your mic transmitter back.
windanncer likes this.

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/
Toolbox is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-19-2014, 02:47 PM   #24
Standing Rock

Quote:
Thats a little better. We check our wireless mics with databases anyways because here our airwaves are so packed there aren't very many available frequencies available for us to use. I was shooting a few months ago in our downtown area and there wasn't a single A band frequency that wasn't occupied so we just had to play with the receiver antenna orientation and find the channel with the least amount of noise.

Also that is awesome that you got your mic transmitter back.
i do that too at every installation. i check for unused frequencies and re-synch my mics.
windanncer likes this.
Old 05-19-2014, 03:02 PM   #25
I pull your leg out!

Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Last year I was a naughty boy I borrowed my buddies wireless system not realizing it's on the 700MHz band and I tried to use them but all I got was horrible interference and beeping noises.
windanncer likes this.

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/
Old 05-19-2014, 04:14 PM   #26
Standing Rock

Quote:
Last year I was a naughty boy I borrowed my buddies wireless system not realizing it's on the 700MHz band and I tried to use them but all I got was horrible interference and beeping noises.
i like the G3 models where you can do the "easy setup". you can create a new list of available frequencies and let the receiver find one that you can use. then just synch up with the transmitter.
windanncer likes this.
Old 05-19-2014, 04:37 PM   #27
I pull your leg out!

Quote:
i like the G3 models where you can do the "easy setup". you can create a new list of available frequencies and let the receiver find one that you can use. then just synch up with the transmitter.

We have the G3s here and there was just no finding any available frequencies - everything had noise on it. The funny thing is on a few occasions the railroad and subway operates radio comm on the A band and if we are in a place that is close enough to them we will pick up comm if they transmit as the train goes by.
windanncer likes this.

Old 05-19-2014, 06:25 PM   #28
Standing Rock

Quote:
We have the G3s here and there was just no finding any available frequencies - everything had noise on it. The funny thing is on a few occasions the railroad and subway operates radio comm on the A band and if we are in a place that is close enough to them we will pick up comm if they transmit as the train goes by.
In a company news release, Sennheiser notes that it has launched a website to keep customers informed on recent developments concerning the future of wireless microphones and the UHF spectrum. The website—http://sennheiser.com/spectrum—also contains a sample support letter that wireless microphone owners can download and use to express their own views to the FCC concerning equipment replacement costs they will incur as a result of spectrum reallocation.
windanncer likes this.
Old 05-19-2014, 06:47 PM   #29
On The Rocks

Items ElephantTreasure ChestPresentPresent
AmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond repute
AmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 85,198.26
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtekno View Post
the students found my mic!!

They're working on shipping it back this week.

But, i already have a replacement plug-on transmitter also enroute which i will have available as a backup. Not bad for $149.99 and free shipping from ebay.com.
awesome!
windanncer likes this.
AmigoKumeyaay is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-20-2014, 02:48 PM   #30
Standing Rock

Quote:
well, u naughty boy!

i only get naughty on the rez-es where i know for sure no one uses the 700HMz.
windanncer likes this.
Old 05-20-2014, 05:20 PM   #31
On The Rocks

AmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond repute
AmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Working along the border can get interesting, Mexico never signed the international communications agreement.

Plenty of bleed-over.

Also why some Calif AM stations broadcast from Tijuana towers, unlimited power to the freq.
windanncer likes this.
Old 05-21-2014, 09:03 AM   #32
I pull your leg out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigoKumeyaay View Post
Working along the border can get interesting, Mexico never signed the international communications agreement.

Plenty of bleed-over.

Also why some Calif AM stations broadcast from Tijuana towers, unlimited power to the freq.
I kind of figured some stations would do something like that. I'm surprised the FCC hasn't written in some regulation that prevents US based stations from using foreign transmitters to avoid US power output regulations.
windanncer likes this.

Old 05-21-2014, 10:09 AM   #33
On The Rocks

Quote:
I kind of figured some stations would do something like that. I'm surprised the FCC hasn't written in some regulation that prevents US based stations from using foreign transmitters to avoid US power output regulations.
Check out KTNN out of Window Rock, AZ

KTNN - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
windanncer likes this.
Old 05-21-2014, 10:13 AM   #34
On The Rocks

Over the years, when I get assigned to remote areas of Tohono O'odham Reservation, KTNN is the only radio station I can listen to that is NOT from Mexico

Of course, they have a lot of news in Dineh' but I still try to listen
Old 05-23-2014, 02:01 AM   #35
Pow Wow Visitor

NuriWoman is off the scaleNuriWoman is off the scaleNuriWoman is off the scaleNuriWoman is off the scaleNuriWoman is off the scaleNuriWoman is off the scaleNuriWoman is off the scaleNuriWoman is off the scaleNuriWoman is off the scaleNuriWoman is off the scaleNuriWoman is off the scale
Credits: 376.03
Did Midnight Express get the Elk Whistle?

I thought it was them but then somebody told me it was another drum. Can someone explain to me what goes on when that Elk Whistle gets blown? That's the first time I heard the Elk whistle and I didn't see much from where I was...

Oh, about the Aztec Dancers, well... All I know is that their hearts are in the right place but unfortunately a lot of times it feels to me like something's off about them. Maybe there IS something to that Hollywood Aztec thing that someone mentioned on this thread
NuriWoman is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-23-2014, 01:28 PM   #36
Dances With Fat Chicks

milehighsalute has a reputation beyond repute
milehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 27,242.05
like i said.....aztecs are hobbyists.......im gonna make a thread soon about it just to see how many red beads i can get
Old 05-24-2014, 08:43 AM   #37
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 102,500.46
Quote:
Originally Posted by milehighsalute View Post
like i said.....aztecs are hobbyists.......im gonna make a thread soon about it just to see how many red beads i can get
I'll be waiting to see this thread. This is a pretty harsh statement.
windanncer and gilisi like this.

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Joe's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-24-2014, 08:44 AM   #38
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuriWoman View Post
I thought it was them but then somebody told me it was another drum. Can someone explain to me what goes on when that Elk Whistle gets blown? That's the first time I heard the Elk whistle and I didn't see much from where I was...

Oh, about the Aztec Dancers, well... All I know is that their hearts are in the right place but unfortunately a lot of times it feels to me like something's off about them. Maybe there IS something to that Hollywood Aztec thing that someone mentioned on this thread
This is new one to me. What is blowing a Elk Whistle?
windanncer likes this.

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Old 05-24-2014, 10:11 PM   #39
LBGOOD2U

Items DevilPresentPresent
lbgood has a reputation beyond repute
lbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 5,007.25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's Dad View Post
This is new one to me. What is blowing a Elk Whistle?
Isn't elk whistle a drum group from Regina Saskatchewan Canada, This topic sounds like a T.M.I. and should be discussed in the 49 thread for drum groupies
lbgood is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-25-2014, 02:15 AM   #40
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgood View Post
Isn't elk whistle a drum group from Regina Saskatchewan Canada, This topic sounds like a T.M.I. and should be discussed in the 49 thread for drum groupies
Hey lbgooder, you remember their CD 'Ten Years Later'. When my son was small, he called it the 'Ten Years Ago' CD.
windanncer likes this.

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Sponsored Links