Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Talk > Pow Wow Trip Reports Kyi Yo---What a SPECIAL pow wow!!!! Kyi Yo---What a SPECIAL pow wow!!!!

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-24-2006, 03:24 PM   #1
skoolgyrl_2004

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
skoolgyrl_2004 is a jewel in the rough
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 1.00
Thumbs down Kyi Yo---What a SPECIAL pow wow!!!!

This would have been a good pow wow if there weren't so many specials. At least give the dancers a chance to dance instead of sitting on their behinds the whole weekend. Then at the last minute rushing out onto the dance floor before midnight to contest to one song!!!

Good dancers, but way too many specials. The Kyi Yo Club running the pow wow needed to get their plans straightened out before the pow wow. Instead of having party plans getting in the way of their duties. And having a lot of disappointed dancers & drummers.

One more thing is that the area behind the M.C.'s were supposed to be for elders, and younger people were taking over and disrespecting the elders who were sitting there.
skoolgyrl_2004 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-24-2006, 03:56 PM   #2
Junior Dancer

DANTS is a name known to all
Savings: 263.90
Unhappy

winners??
DANTS is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-24-2006, 04:16 PM   #3
Senior Dancer

NativeBabyDoll has a reputation beyond reputeNativeBabyDoll has a reputation beyond reputeNativeBabyDoll has a reputation beyond reputeNativeBabyDoll has a reputation beyond reputeNativeBabyDoll has a reputation beyond reputeNativeBabyDoll has a reputation beyond reputeNativeBabyDoll has a reputation beyond reputeNativeBabyDoll has a reputation beyond reputeNativeBabyDoll has a reputation beyond reputeNativeBabyDoll has a reputation beyond reputeNativeBabyDoll has a reputation beyond reputeNativeBabyDoll has a reputation beyond reputeNativeBabyDoll has a reputation beyond reputeNativeBabyDoll has a reputation beyond reputeNativeBabyDoll has a reputation beyond reputeNativeBabyDoll has a reputation beyond reputeNativeBabyDoll has a reputation beyond reputeNativeBabyDoll has a reputation beyond reputeNativeBabyDoll has a reputation beyond repute
Savings: 0.00
Talking Kyi-Yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoolgyrl_2004
This would have been a good pow wow if there weren't so many specials. At least give the dancers a chance to dance instead of sitting on their behinds the whole weekend. Then at the last minute rushing out onto the dance floor before midnight to contest to one song!!!

Good dancers, but way too many specials. The Kyi Yo Club running the pow wow needed to get their plans straightened out before the pow wow. Instead of having party plans getting in the way of their duties. And having a lot of disappointed dancers & drummers.

One more thing is that the area behind the M.C.'s were supposed to be for elders, and younger people were taking over and disrespecting the elders who were sitting there.
IT'S like that everyyy year @Kyi-Yo with all their specials after specials. I think the committe should only allow a few specials the whole weekend, not a whole bunch so peoples' rears dont go numb from sittin too long and the kids dont get so restless and so others don't fall asleep & snore AYEEE!!!!
Anywho, Does anyone know who won the Menz Categories???? (Everything but menz fancy)
NativeBabyDoll is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-24-2006, 05:09 PM   #4
Flat E!

Emmy has a reputation beyond repute
Emmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,133.61
it was in another thread

http://www.powwows.com/gathering/showthread.php?t=32921

~Flat Beat~
Emmy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-24-2006, 08:22 PM   #5
skoolgyrl_2004

Men's categories except fancy?

Golden Age: 3rd Phillip Paul 2nd Sarge Old Horn 1st Richard Rock

Grass: 3rd Orlando ? 2nd Jonathan Baker 1st Darell ?

Tradish: 3rd Alvin Yellow Old 2nd Leon Old Elk 1st Cetan Thunder Hawk

Chicken: 3rd ? 2nd Guy Fox 1st Dustin Winford
Old 04-24-2006, 09:27 PM   #6
PowWows.com Addicts

* Cetan Zi * has a reputation beyond repute* Cetan Zi * has a reputation beyond repute* Cetan Zi * has a reputation beyond repute* Cetan Zi * has a reputation beyond repute
* Cetan Zi * has a reputation beyond repute* Cetan Zi * has a reputation beyond repute* Cetan Zi * has a reputation beyond repute* Cetan Zi * has a reputation beyond repute* Cetan Zi * has a reputation beyond repute* Cetan Zi * has a reputation beyond repute* Cetan Zi * has a reputation beyond repute* Cetan Zi * has a reputation beyond repute* Cetan Zi * has a reputation beyond repute* Cetan Zi * has a reputation beyond repute* Cetan Zi * has a reputation beyond repute* Cetan Zi * has a reputation beyond repute* Cetan Zi * has a reputation beyond repute* Cetan Zi * has a reputation beyond repute* Cetan Zi * has a reputation beyond repute* Cetan Zi * has a reputation beyond repute
I do agree with you there were to many specials. they were allowing impromptu specials/honoring, i think they even cancelled some specials, because lack of time.

i was sittig with a few mens tradish dancers and they were upset about the specials and only getting one song to dance to. they did not like the only time they got to have 3 songs was at 5 pm yesterday.

i heard a couple people say they are not going to be going next year.
* Cetan Zi * is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-25-2006, 11:35 AM   #7
Former Mayor of Duck Lake

jed has a reputation beyond reputejed has a reputation beyond reputejed has a reputation beyond reputejed has a reputation beyond reputejed has a reputation beyond reputejed has a reputation beyond reputejed has a reputation beyond reputejed has a reputation beyond reputejed has a reputation beyond reputejed has a reputation beyond reputejed has a reputation beyond reputejed has a reputation beyond reputejed has a reputation beyond reputejed has a reputation beyond reputejed has a reputation beyond reputejed has a reputation beyond repute
I was there, all I have to say is "WOW!", as if that wasn't said enough.
jed is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-25-2006, 03:25 PM   #8
skoolgyrl_2004

Specials cancelled

Yeah, I hear ya. . .I heard that Kevin H. went here for that men's tradish special, and they didn't even have it. The woman that was supposed to put it on, didn't show up. That's why it didn't happen.

Although, one thing, it was interesting how Randy put on his special. Through inter-tribal's. . .and Davey took that one. I didn't even know he was doing it until, I seen him giving something to Davey? lol

My cousin set up his drum and was REALLY disappointed cause he only sang 2 songs the whole weekend. And that he was promised money and rooms to help set up the drum the contest and organize all the drums in order and what not. He was pissed when he left. I doubt if he'll come back. I don't blame him either. They ask him to help, then don't follow through with what they said....sheesh!!!
Old 04-25-2006, 08:36 PM   #9
Lavender Hill Mobb

CloudN9ne is a jewel in the rough
Credits: 430.00
Savings: 0.00
the powwow was good but yeah they did need a lil more planning ahead. it was a really good weekend for me, i got to see my friends and family who i missed so much. i was in tears when i got on the plane this morning. it was hard to leave my home, and the memories that will be there forever, i will not forget anyone or anything......all i can say is lacey worked her butt off to put this together, and to my dad and uncles who gave me a big pep talk when i was feeling down bout everything, thank you guys, and i got to my uncle ron noon and my favorite uncle russell standingrock. i also got chill with my bro buck and guy all weekend. i felt it was an honor to sing with marvin weatherwax sr. and i also owe my cousins for sticking behind me when i needed them the most, thanks bros..........it was a bad azz weekend

don't get mad at me im just a critic
CloudN9ne is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-27-2006, 04:52 PM   #10
skoolgyrl_2004

Lacey may have worked her butt off, but she wasn't the only person who put this pow wow on. she was only a vice prez, to this club. there were many people who contributed to this pow wow to make it happen. she wasn't the only one who worked her butt off!!!!!!

and that's purty kewl you had the "time" to visit with friends and family. I did too, but I was there for a pow wow to dance and sing. I think we all had too much time on our hands, which was good in some ways. but made the dancers alll stiff and whut not. usually when people go to pow wows they go to dance and/or sing, not sit and watch specials. geez.......
Sponsored Links