Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Talk > Pow Wow Trip Reports London, Ohio - Pow Wow London, Ohio - Pow Wow

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-15-2006, 05:42 PM   #1
Singer/ Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
RedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond repute
RedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 369.00
Savings: 1.00
London, Ohio - Pow Wow

I went to a pow wow over in London, Ohio this past weekend, put on by Brian Darst as a way to help raise money for the needy children of his community known as the First Annual Honoring Turtle Island Pow Wow. In addition to my own drum Red Shield three other drums, Thunder Nation, Wolf Creek and All-Nations were also there, there was a good turn-out for the first year, and as pow wows go, it is one of my new favorites. There was a good feeling in and around the circle, and It was good to be there.
What was really touching to me was Brian, he's a veteran, and a traditional dancer who has recently suffered a few strokes, and has come back to the circle as a way of healing himself, and took this pow wow on alone to help the children of his hometown. If Brian is reading this... it's an honor to know you and call you my friend.
I look forward to coming back next year and helping this pow wow continue to grow!

Paselo!
Old 08-15-2006, 05:46 PM   #2
Singer/ Dancer

RedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond repute
RedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond repute
Also, thanks to TKMJ for providing the sound and donating the cds recorded on Saturday to be sold to raise money for the kids. It's always good to see you guys, and thanks for doing your part to help the kids too... it was noticed and appreciated!
Old 08-16-2006, 10:22 PM   #3
Disc Jockey

Nipkie has a reputation beyond reputeNipkie has a reputation beyond reputeNipkie has a reputation beyond reputeNipkie has a reputation beyond reputeNipkie has a reputation beyond reputeNipkie has a reputation beyond reputeNipkie has a reputation beyond reputeNipkie has a reputation beyond reputeNipkie has a reputation beyond reputeNipkie has a reputation beyond reputeNipkie has a reputation beyond reputeNipkie has a reputation beyond reputeNipkie has a reputation beyond reputeNipkie has a reputation beyond reputeNipkie has a reputation beyond reputeNipkie has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
I was there also and it was a very good powwow. I will be back next year as long as I am able. This powwow was put on in a good way and will definaly grow to be very big it was one of the better ones i have been too... in a tradional way.... hook up with some long lost friends too and made some new ones :) If you are able come to the one next year
Nipkie is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-17-2006, 08:14 AM   #4
Powwow Sound 4 U

TKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond repute
TKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 603.09
Great powwow!!!!!!

The powwow raised some big bucks for chairity. Brian and his crew did a great job. The Dixie Depot Diner donated the land right next to the diner. It was great being able to have great security too.

The diner also donated the electricity for the sound system. He gave us all we needed. One of the cool thing the owner of the diner requested is several extra speakers around his parking lot. The owner named Gil, wanted more power from the sound system. "I'm giving it all she's got Capn!!!!!!" Next year we will bring more speakers and power amps for the guy. This guy is really into POWWOW!!!!!!!!!

If you travel Interstate 70 in Ohio and pass London Ohio, make the Dixie Depot Diner a regular powwow trail stop. The food is great and low priced. I will make this place a regular stop for chow on the road!!!!!

It's better to fly with the eagles then drive with the turkeys.

Duct tape has a light side and dark side that binds our universe together.

Bad attatude lessons available here. To inquire, Check the box to the right. []
TKMJ Productions is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-17-2006, 11:32 AM   #5
Ta' Shunke Witko

Pheji Wanbli has a reputation beyond reputePheji Wanbli has a reputation beyond reputePheji Wanbli has a reputation beyond reputePheji Wanbli has a reputation beyond reputePheji Wanbli has a reputation beyond reputePheji Wanbli has a reputation beyond reputePheji Wanbli has a reputation beyond reputePheji Wanbli has a reputation beyond reputePheji Wanbli has a reputation beyond reputePheji Wanbli has a reputation beyond reputePheji Wanbli has a reputation beyond reputePheji Wanbli has a reputation beyond reputePheji Wanbli has a reputation beyond reputePheji Wanbli has a reputation beyond reputePheji Wanbli has a reputation beyond reputePheji Wanbli has a reputation beyond reputePheji Wanbli has a reputation beyond reputePheji Wanbli has a reputation beyond repute
redshield

you need to let us know these things...ill be happy to sing at this one next year also if they will have us.
MITAKUYE OYASIN... "then I was standing on the highest mountain of them all , and round about beneath me was the whole hoop of the world . and while i stood there I saw more than I can tell . and I Under Stood more then I saw . for I Was Seeing in a Sacred manner the Shapes of All . Hehaka Sapa. dec 1863-aug 17 or 19 , 1950.. listen online TO KILI 90.1 FM porcupine butte
Pheji Wanbli is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-17-2006, 02:17 PM   #6
Gimpy Old Dancer

Hazben has a brilliant futureHazben has a brilliant futureHazben has a brilliant futureHazben has a brilliant futureHazben has a brilliant futureHazben has a brilliant futureHazben has a brilliant futureHazben has a brilliant futureHazben has a brilliant futureHazben has a brilliant future
Credits: 100.00
Savings: 461.90
I don't have anything to add to what's already been said, except that it was a pleasure to meet Redshield and Nipke, and to see Ken again. The CD is excellent, as usual.
Old 08-17-2006, 02:39 PM   #7
Pow Wow Visitor

bfoot68 is an unknown quantity at this point
London Pow-wow

Brian and I would like to THANK EVERYONE that came to the
Pow-wow and hope you will be able to come back next year.
This was Brian's first time on putting on a pow-wow and I think he did a great job. It was a learning experience and had a very good time seeing our friends again and meeting new ones. As of last count there were approx. 4125 people that came through the gate. As of right now the money raised for the children is approx. $4000.00. We would like to thank the drums: Wolf creek, Redshield, All Nations and ThunderNation for coming and hope to see them next year too. A big Thank You to all the staff and Headman(Jack) Headwoman(Donna) Area Director(Logan) and Head Vet(Corky).The camping area was a nice area also and a big THANK YOU to Gil the owner of the restaurant.
Next year we hope to see everyone and want to invite you to come and dance with us.
bfoot68 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-17-2006, 02:44 PM   #8
Lovin' life,

Mato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond repute
Mato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 260.00
Glad it turned out so well. I know it's really hard for a first time one to have that well of a success.

Maybe one of ya could start a new thread about how you got it together from start to finish. Might help others. Just a thought.
Old 08-17-2006, 04:07 PM   #9
Pow Wow Visitor

bfoot68 is an unknown quantity at this point
London Pow-wow

There is one more two more people I want to say a big
THANK YOU..............That is TKJM's.........Toni and Ken a big
big THANK YOU.....The sound system and cd were Great and we could not have done it with out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bfoot68 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-18-2006, 02:51 AM   #10
Singer/ Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheji Wanbli
you need to let us know these things...ill be happy to sing at this one next year also if they will have us.
Well not sure what the dates will be, but dude... you definately need to get to this one, it was a lot of fun!... also first week in August, come up to the Sandusky pow wow... wanted to try and get hold of you to come up there as well, but don't have any contact info for you guys... send me a message, and I'll hook you up with some other info on pow wows we're doing as well!

I know Brian would be more than happy to have you next year.

Paselo!
Old 08-18-2006, 02:54 AM   #11
Singer/ Dancer

bfoot68... $4,000? That's awesome! Glad to hear it went well for the kids!

Thanks for having us, we're looking forward to coming back!

Paselo!
Old 08-18-2006, 07:56 AM   #12
Powwow Sound 4 U

TKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond repute
TKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 603.09
OK Guys, It's time to start planning for
London, Ohio 2007 .

Who's up for it????? Give me a date so I can lock it into my schedule. We are all ready booking for 2007. I gots to know guys!!!!

Get me a date ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's better to fly with the eagles then drive with the turkeys.

Duct tape has a light side and dark side that binds our universe together.

Bad attatude lessons available here. To inquire, Check the box to the right. []
TKMJ Productions is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links