Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Talk > Pow Wow Trip Reports Met me some Powwow.comers at UTA powwwow Met me some Powwow.comers at UTA powwwow

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-11-2007, 07:39 AM   #1
Choc-lack-chick!

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Homalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond repute
Homalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 535.92
Savings: 0.00
Met me some Powwow.comers at UTA powwwow

Hey all,
I just wanted to say hey to two more powwow.comers I met last night at the UT Arlington powwow. Hey Sweetgrass and Nancy Jo! Ol Chemist was pointed out to me, but after a few intertribals my headache made me sit down. Sorry I didn't come by to say hello. I just knew you were a guy. That's what we get for thinking a woman can't be a scientist! Seems like I've met more people on powwows.com here in Texas than I did in Cali. Or maybe they were just incognito.....

Good powwow overall. Sorry I couldn't stay 'til quit song.
Homalosa is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-11-2007, 10:17 AM   #2
Cloth Dancer

Items Dolphin
NancyJo has a reputation beyond repute
NancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 5,020.79
Hey girl,
Sorry to hear about your headache......wow, with the sound system messing up last night it must of been really rough on you. I was glad to meet you, also...........saw your little one competing.....what a cutie!!! She really danced great...........she's a future super competition dancer!!

Guess we ought to all do like we were talking about when in line for grand entry.........wear our powwows.com Tshirts and see who all we can meet!!

I gave up about 9:30pm because I had a booth set up and was trying to vend and dance (thanks to hubby, son and some friends who also were vending with me for watching while I was dancing!!) and needed to start packing up. First time for me to ever try vending..........but it went pretty good. Don't think I'll do it all the time, I missed just being there for dancing and visiting.

I did get to visit with OL Chemist for quit a bit............girl, she's does the most awesome beadwork!!! She was a really a super lady!!!! Enjoyed visiting with her and her friend.

Well, gotta go and get to church...........hope that head is doing better.........take care.

Any one else there last night?
NancyJo is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-11-2007, 07:32 PM   #3
Choc-lack-chick!

Homalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah it was bad but my daughter was worse when we got home. I guess she's just a powwow bum because she didn't want to leave, barely coughed last night, but as soon as we got home, she lost her lunch all over the floor! Needless to say, we didn't make it to church today.
Old 02-11-2007, 08:33 PM   #4
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 62,862.33
Homalosa, that was you. I wasn't sure. I'm so bad with faces. I had decided I was mistaken, so I didn't want to accost yet another total stranger that night, LOL.

You daughter carried herself with grace and dignity. Such presence in a little one. She did honor to her family and people.

Nancy Jo and her family and friends were gracious and generous. A co-worker came with me to her first powwow. Your kindness (and the drum) just blew her away. I thank all who made my friend welcome.

There were soemother powwow.comers there. Unfortunately I don't remember their screen names. So I can't out them here, LOL.

The committee did a good job. From this spectator's point of view, except for a minor blast of feedback or two, everything went smoothly -- especially for an organization comprised of full time students. But, then I always have soft spot for these AISES & NASA events. There were good songs, good company and fry bread -- what more does one need.
OLChemist is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-11-2007, 08:51 PM   #5
Choc-lack-chick!

Yup,
That was me. Thank you so much (you, as well as Nancy Jo) for saying warm compliments about my daughter. She has been dancing since she was 18 months and takes it very seriously. Many a Saturday she is the one to nudge me out. She takes pride in the fact that she always carries her own chair or the feather box. Now we're moving on to dipping with the honor beats. I saw her looking at me last night asking with her eyes, "do I bow now?". This is her last year in tiny tots, so I know she'll have it down by next year.
Old 02-11-2007, 11:35 PM   #6
PowWows.com Addicts

Lipan ndn has a reputation beyond repute
Lipan ndn has a reputation beyond reputeLipan ndn has a reputation beyond reputeLipan ndn has a reputation beyond reputeLipan ndn has a reputation beyond reputeLipan ndn has a reputation beyond reputeLipan ndn has a reputation beyond reputeLipan ndn has a reputation beyond reputeLipan ndn has a reputation beyond reputeLipan ndn has a reputation beyond reputeLipan ndn has a reputation beyond reputeLipan ndn has a reputation beyond reputeLipan ndn has a reputation beyond reputeLipan ndn has a reputation beyond reputeLipan ndn has a reputation beyond reputeLipan ndn has a reputation beyond reputeLipan ndn has a reputation beyond reputeLipan ndn has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 90.00
Savings: 1.00
I was there with my family 2 of my kids were dancin

Last edited by Lipan ndn; 02-12-2007 at 12:12 AM..
Lipan ndn is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-12-2007, 10:06 AM   #7
Cloth Dancer

Items Dolphin
NancyJo has a reputation beyond repute
NancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 5,020.79
Hey OLChemist and Homalosa,
I enjoyed getting to meet you girls........you were super nice.......hey, us powwow.com'er's are some of the nicest folks!!! We're kind of like one big ol' happy family, eh?? haha

Chemist, you and I seriously have got to get together and do some beading!!! I'd love to get some advice on applique.......your work was beautiful!! And you were awesome to help me out with tightening my belt that was slipping during the intertribal.......thank you (mvto!).
Anytime you want to come sit with me and my family you are most welcome to do so.

Homalosa.........the girl dancing in the white dress standing next to me and you during grand entry is a powwows.com'er also. Can't remember what her sign in is, but she pm'd me a while back and said she recognized me.

Lipan, what were you wearing? Isn't funny the only way we recognize each other is by what we're wearing!!! haha

I told Homalosa maybe we ought to all wear our powwows.com tshirts at the next pow wow so we could meet each other. OLChemist was brave and came walking up to my booth and said "This may seem like a strange question....but might anyone of you be NancyJo?" haha She's a fantastic lady.....OLChemist.......can't say enough nice things about her.

Okay, I'll talk atcha ya'll later............hey, when is the next pow wow in our area? I know the San Antonio pow wow is next weekend, but we're not going to make that one.
NancyJo is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-12-2007, 11:03 AM   #8
PowWows.com Addicts

Lipan ndn has a reputation beyond repute
Lipan ndn has a reputation beyond reputeLipan ndn has a reputation beyond reputeLipan ndn has a reputation beyond reputeLipan ndn has a reputation beyond reputeLipan ndn has a reputation beyond reputeLipan ndn has a reputation beyond reputeLipan ndn has a reputation beyond reputeLipan ndn has a reputation beyond reputeLipan ndn has a reputation beyond reputeLipan ndn has a reputation beyond reputeLipan ndn has a reputation beyond reputeLipan ndn has a reputation beyond reputeLipan ndn has a reputation beyond reputeLipan ndn has a reputation beyond reputeLipan ndn has a reputation beyond reputeLipan ndn has a reputation beyond reputeLipan ndn has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 90.00
Savings: 1.00
I was wearin a black jacket with beadwork on the front pockets. I'll be at the Dallas powwow March 31st I think that's the right date. then I'll be at the Georgetown powwow April 14th we were passin out fliers for that one.
I'll be at the San Antonio powwow. who else is goin?

Last edited by Lipan ndn; 02-12-2007 at 01:37 PM..
Lipan ndn is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links