Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Talk > Pow Wow Trip Reports Metis PW in Indianapolis -all hobbyists/wannabes Metis PW in Indianapolis -all hobbyists/wannabes

Closed Thread LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-15-2005, 12:27 PM   #21
Banned

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
quicksilverwade is just really nice
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoMe
*L Me and Quick Silver should go up there with our Indian Police T-Shirts and challenge this guy to a "Medicine man contest."

The loser has to leave town *L

I'll bring the Tylenol and Aspirin and Quicksilver, you bring the No Doze and Nyquil?
I hate Nyquil because of that wormhole transitional out of body for a split second feeling that it gives me. Better yet, I'll bring the Valium.

p.s. Disregard the Medicine Man talk for I have no right to even use those words.
Old 06-15-2005, 12:38 PM   #22
Senior Dancer

kitchemanitou has a reputation beyond reputekitchemanitou has a reputation beyond reputekitchemanitou has a reputation beyond reputekitchemanitou has a reputation beyond reputekitchemanitou has a reputation beyond reputekitchemanitou has a reputation beyond reputekitchemanitou has a reputation beyond reputekitchemanitou has a reputation beyond reputekitchemanitou has a reputation beyond reputekitchemanitou has a reputation beyond reputekitchemanitou has a reputation beyond reputekitchemanitou has a reputation beyond reputekitchemanitou has a reputation beyond reputekitchemanitou has a reputation beyond reputekitchemanitou has a reputation beyond reputekitchemanitou has a reputation beyond repute
Talking No survivors!

Last edited by kitchemanitou; 06-15-2005 at 12:45 PM.. Reason: cant get the post on?
Old 06-15-2005, 02:40 PM   #23
To'di'cheeni / Taa'ba'haa

vince_j has a spectacular aura about
Lightbulb

That's hilarious *ROTFLMAO* -- "no survivors"....

One thing forgot to mention was that they had a naming ceremony also. Someone actually received "Dances with indians".
Old 06-15-2005, 04:17 PM   #24
kitozudoto

injunboy has a reputation beyond repute
injunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,812.27
real indians or chicago ones.. lol

*RoUg3 MoD sTaTuS*
Old 06-16-2005, 12:51 AM   #25
Traditional Dancer

Seesfar will become famous soon enough
Credits: 442.00
I went to this gathering. It was a little better than the so called one last year. I attend several pow Wows in Indiana, Ohio, Michigan and Illinois. I am an Old Style Woodland Dancer.
This was an attempt at a Pow Wow! They were not hobbists. If you wanna see a hobbist Pow Wow go to Tipton, Indiana on Labor Day weekend. If you are so set against non-full bloods participating in regalia, look at all the full bloods that go to Tipton and are part of the Four-Hundred dancers at Grand Entry there.
This was a poor attempt on their part at an getting some recognition of the Metis group by the City of Indianapolis. I believe that if you have a gripe about something at a gathering, you should find a committe member and ask what and why it was done as it was. I do personaly know all the people that Mato Winyan was speaking about. Some I count as friends.
Bill Satori WAS being instructed in the ways of the Medewin Society by an Elder in Fort Wayne , Indiana, until that Elder crossed over! He is not officialy recognized by the Medewin in any of the surounding states. But it seems to me that they don't even recognize each other for that matter.
Oh... I am mixed blood Cherokee/Apache/Swiss. And I don't have A CDIB card. So, I guess I don't know anything about Native culture or Pow Wow protocall. Even after 16 years on the circut. And people do leave the REZ and their places of birth to find a better life in another part of the country or another country for that matter. Do they give up their status as Native Americans if they do? I know Bloods who have never been to a Pow Wow.

Osda svnoi ( good night) Dohiya (until we meet again) Nvwadohiyada ( peace)!
Old 06-16-2005, 01:31 AM   #26
Teen Dancer

travelingmocs has a reputation beyond repute
travelingmocs has a reputation beyond reputetravelingmocs has a reputation beyond reputetravelingmocs has a reputation beyond reputetravelingmocs has a reputation beyond reputetravelingmocs has a reputation beyond reputetravelingmocs has a reputation beyond reputetravelingmocs has a reputation beyond reputetravelingmocs has a reputation beyond reputetravelingmocs has a reputation beyond reputetravelingmocs has a reputation beyond reputetravelingmocs has a reputation beyond reputetravelingmocs has a reputation beyond reputetravelingmocs has a reputation beyond reputetravelingmocs has a reputation beyond reputetravelingmocs has a reputation beyond reputetravelingmocs has a reputation beyond repute
Well for the dance I was not there and can not comment on the dance. But I will say its a indiana powwow. I am from Indiana born and raised, there are few dances I attend here. But as for Labor day, Tipton is the best powwow you will find in the Mid-west next to the NDN powwows up in Michigan and Chicago. I also hear the dances in Bloomington and Anderson are pretty good dances also.

But for the Tipton basher, Its a dance like you would see in Oklahoma with out the contesting. And I know........
Old 06-16-2005, 02:10 AM   #27
Honey Connoissuer

Blackbear has a reputation beyond repute
Blackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 546.23
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seesfar
I I am an Old Style Woodland Dancer.

What the heck is that?????? The last person I heard say that is what they danced was a hobbyist (no seriously he said he was).

And what is up with people making angry posts and then signing it with Peace???? Why not just sign it.. bite me?
Old 06-16-2005, 02:32 AM   #28
Lovin' life,

Mato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond repute
Mato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 260.00
Talking

Sorry Mato,

I accidently erased your message instead of copying it.

Do you know how to get it back?

Last edited by WhoMe; 06-16-2005 at 12:47 PM..
Old 06-16-2005, 08:36 AM   #29
To'di'cheeni / Taa'ba'haa

vince_j has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
This was a poor attempt on their part at an getting some recognition of the Metis group by the City of Indianapolis.
If I were part of Indy's city council or tourism dept. and someone without a CDIB came to my office to gain recognition as an Native American entity, I would certainly be suspect of that request. If that person also had primarily european features, I would be evn more suspect.

Quote:
I believe that if you have a gripe about something at a gathering, you should find a committe member and ask what and why it was done as it was.
I was not there to piss on anyone's parade, I merely wanted to soothe my spirit and tell mother earth that I was alive by dancing on her. But when you see other hopping around yelping like a dog that got hit by a pickup, then that hurts your pride. It sickened mine.

Quote:
And people do leave the REZ and their places of birth to find a better life in another part of the country or another country for that matter.
I would not say leaving the Rez is good or better way to find happiness. I think my ancestral homelands are the most beautiful place on earth. To be honest, I don't like it here, but they pay me well and I get to visit with other native nations. Making the best of my situation.

Quote:
Do they give up their status as Native Americans if they do?
There are natives in various parts of this country that did give up their identity because they were treated like third class people. Those natives were not even recognized as state or US citizens. They were not able to attend schools, get healthcare, and the even lost their homelands. The only thing they could do is say they were another race. So the answer to your question is YES!
Old 06-16-2005, 12:19 PM   #30
Banned

Quote:
Oh... I am mixed blood Cherokee/Apache/Swiss. And I don't have A CDIB card. So, I guess I don't know anything about Native culture or Pow Wow protocall. Even after 16 years on the circut. And people do leave the REZ and their places of birth to find a better life in another part of the country or another country for that matter. Do they give up their status as Native Americans if they do? I know Bloods who have never been to a Pow Wow.

Osda svnoi ( good night) Dohiya (until we meet again) Nvwadohiyada ( peace)!
Your Swiss heritage must've been a handicap, right? What a downfall to have blond hair and blue eyes a la Paris Hilton. She'd probably say that you were HOT, lol.
Old 06-16-2005, 12:21 PM   #31
Making speedos cool again

Noodlz has much to be proud ofNoodlz has much to be proud ofNoodlz has much to be proud ofNoodlz has much to be proud ofNoodlz has much to be proud ofNoodlz has much to be proud of
Credits: 410.00
New stuff to learn about.....

Quote:
I went to this gathering. It was a little better than the so called one last year. I attend several pow Wows in Indiana, Ohio, Michigan and Illinois. I am an Old Style Woodland Dancer.

What exactly is an Old Style Woodland dancer??? Been born and raised in the woodlands and never heard that one....

Cherokee,apache or swiss woodlands???

Very interested.......
Old 06-16-2005, 12:40 PM   #32
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodlz
What exactly is an Old Style Woodland dancer??? Been born and raised in the woodlands and never heard that one....

Cherokee,apache or swiss woodlands???

Very interested.......

Last edited by quicksilverwade; 06-17-2005 at 02:58 PM..
Old 06-16-2005, 12:48 PM   #33
PauWau Coordinator

Items Devil
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 11,350.73
Talking

Quote:
. . .He also professed to be able to control the weather.

Uh oh Quick Silver!

You better bring an umbrella too. Looks like well be doing some weather shiftin' - as well as shape and face shiftin' during our "medicine man contest!"

I got my silver bullet ready in my shirt pocket just incase he turns into a werewolf.
Old 06-16-2005, 05:57 PM   #34
PowWows.com Addicts

Running River has a reputation beyond repute
Running River has a reputation beyond reputeRunning River has a reputation beyond reputeRunning River has a reputation beyond reputeRunning River has a reputation beyond reputeRunning River has a reputation beyond reputeRunning River has a reputation beyond reputeRunning River has a reputation beyond reputeRunning River has a reputation beyond reputeRunning River has a reputation beyond reputeRunning River has a reputation beyond reputeRunning River has a reputation beyond reputeRunning River has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by vince_j
If you were a part of putting that event together and I offended you... Good!
I was not part of putting the event together, so you did not offend me. I just merely went there to dance on Mother Earth, and that is what I did!

Old 06-16-2005, 06:17 PM   #35
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Running River
I was not part of putting the event together, so you did not offend me. I just merely went there to dance on Mother Earth, and that is what I did!
With your post count you should be sounding like an authentic native instead of a Mother Earth prancing Indian.
Old 06-16-2005, 06:18 PM   #36
PowWows.com Addicts

Running River has a reputation beyond reputeRunning River has a reputation beyond reputeRunning River has a reputation beyond reputeRunning River has a reputation beyond reputeRunning River has a reputation beyond reputeRunning River has a reputation beyond reputeRunning River has a reputation beyond reputeRunning River has a reputation beyond reputeRunning River has a reputation beyond reputeRunning River has a reputation beyond reputeRunning River has a reputation beyond reputeRunning River has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilverwade
With your post count you should be sounding like an authentic native instead of a Mother Earth prancing Indian.
Whatever. To each his own. I don't understand this pettiness and am not going to participate.

Old 06-16-2005, 06:33 PM   #37
kitozudoto

injunboy has a reputation beyond repute
injunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,812.27
i live in AZ, i know im hot... *and sweaty*

*RoUg3 MoD sTaTuS*
Old 06-16-2005, 06:37 PM   #38
Banned

Quote:
Whatever. To each his own. I don't understand this pettiness and am not going to participate.
I didn't mean to be petty but you must consider how others think when one says "Dancing on Mother Earth." It's all good when it is worded into a prayer of some sort but golly gee willikers, what is wrong with you, lol.
Old 06-16-2005, 06:40 PM   #39
PowWows.com Addicts

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilverwade
I didn't mean to be petty but you must consider how others think when one says "Dancing on Mother Earth." It's all good when it is worded into a prayer of some sort but golly gee willikers, what is wrong with you, lol.
I am sorry quicksilverwade, but I have not had a good week and am probably taking things the wrong way. I apologize. You are right. I should have thought how it sounds to others. I will think before I speak.

Old 06-16-2005, 06:56 PM   #40
Banned

Quote:
I am sorry quicksilverwade, but I have not had a good week and am probably taking things the wrong way. I apologize. You are right. I should have thought how it sounds to others. I will think before I speak.
No, it is I who should apologize. I didn't realize that your mother had passed away. Brown Eyed Gurl chastised me for being thoughtless especially since I just look to instigate and cause trouble.
Sponsored Links
Closed Thread