Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Talk > Pow Wow Trip Reports Metis PW in Indianapolis -all hobbyists/wannabes Metis PW in Indianapolis -all hobbyists/wannabes

Closed Thread LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-15-2006, 11:15 AM   #81
my mini me

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
ndldy68 has a reputation beyond reputendldy68 has a reputation beyond reputendldy68 has a reputation beyond reputendldy68 has a reputation beyond repute
ndldy68 has a reputation beyond reputendldy68 has a reputation beyond reputendldy68 has a reputation beyond reputendldy68 has a reputation beyond reputendldy68 has a reputation beyond reputendldy68 has a reputation beyond reputendldy68 has a reputation beyond reputendldy68 has a reputation beyond reputendldy68 has a reputation beyond reputendldy68 has a reputation beyond reputendldy68 has a reputation beyond reputendldy68 has a reputation beyond reputendldy68 has a reputation beyond reputendldy68 has a reputation beyond reputendldy68 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 190.81
Savings: 1.00
I would love to hear an answer to that question.
Old 03-16-2006, 09:47 PM   #82
Beadworker

sokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 2,106.54
Savings: 0.00
was just poking around some fraud sites and came across this bit of information... the name looked familiar
"- Arthur Medicine Eagle Sonier (Travels nationwide, has been associated with Manataka)"
this is from the American Indian Heritage Support Center website under this heading:
"Individuals Operating In Arkansas:
The following individuals, who either live in Arkansas or travel to the state for various events, are suspected to either exploit, misappropriate, or otherwise mislead the public on their backgrounds or qualifications. Not included in this list are the numerous officers and officials of the suspect "tribes" and organizations found in the state. It is advised that before you have any dealings or associations with these individuals, check their claims carefully and in depth"
their web site is :
http://home.aihsc.info/index.html

hmmmmmmmmmmm.... well arthur?

TRUDELL FOR PRESIDENT

(and no,this isnt zeek)
Old 03-17-2006, 12:25 AM   #83
Teen Dancer

natureluvr is a jewel in the rough
Credits: 0.00
I hope he will post again.....I am curious to see what he has to say;
I have encountered people claiming "metis" ancestry and they look more white than anything, (but it is not my place to judge.....) n e wayz, I have been approached by an organization here in Texas (near the Big Bend area) calling themselves the Blue Mountain Metis and claiming allegiance with the Metis in Canada; I, too, could join for the small price of $25 for an id card with my pic on it; wow!!
I met someone here in Corpus recently relocated from Ohio, who claimed to be metis. I said to him, "Really? So what is your other nation?" and he looked slightly confused, so I explained to him that Metis is french for mixed, meaning French and Native; he told me he did not know, and I said, "Then how do you know you are Metis?" He had nothing to say to that.......anyway, this guy supposedly moved to California? Not sure and don't care. He looked suspect anyway; whiter than my dad, who is white! lol!!!! Besides he got on my nerves, as I was having a bad day one day and he told me I needed to smudge, smudge, smudge to remove all the anger.......
I am mixed but I don't claim to be Metis; my European ancestry is Welsh and Scottish. I guess it takes all kinds; I am curious, tho, why um whatzizname? Arthur? Why he is heavily involved with the Metis? I mean why is he putting together a Metis powwow? Just curious; no disrespect. Heck, I am all the way down here in Texas and my people are up in Maine! ( parents divorce, long story........)
just dropping in a little 2 cents.
Old 03-17-2006, 01:25 AM   #84
Artist & Activities

Anishnawbe10 is on a distinguished road
Location: Ohio/ Some Times In Ontario, Canada, even in Minnesota
Question hmmmmmmmmm I don't know

hmmmmmmmmm I don't know, you might have to read it at this website to know more, however if i ever met the man i would have to ask.

however here is the site http://users.pandora.be/gohiyuhi/frauds/frd0052.htm
Old 03-17-2006, 01:52 PM   #85
Teen Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anishnawbe10
hmmmmmmmmm I don't know, you might have to read it at this website to know more, however if i ever met the man i would have to ask.

however here is the site http://users.pandora.be/gohiyuhi/frauds/frd0052.htm
Interesting site! Thanks for sharing; I don't think our friend Arthur will be back.........awwww too bad.
Old 03-17-2006, 01:54 PM   #86
Beadworker

sokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by natureluvr
Interesting site! Thanks for sharing; I don't think our friend Arthur will be back.........awwww too bad.
dayum....was looking fwd to arthurs reply

TRUDELL FOR PRESIDENT

(and no,this isnt zeek)
Old 03-17-2006, 03:30 PM   #87
Boozhoo!

Mushkiki will become famous soon enough
A little bit on the Metis

Again I have found a thread that I have found amusing and concerning.
The Metis when spoken about historically are considered to be from western Canada (Manitoba/Saskatchewan) but are located across Canada such as Ontario & Quebec and in parts of the USA. To be Metis you were usually considered to be of Indian and French Ancestry. (Ojibway/Cree). A language exists (adapted over time together) Mischief it is called. Many consider Metis and it is excepted by many to be any race mixed with 1st nation blood.
I would consider many of the Chippewa peoples of Wisconsin to be Metis as their communities have French names for their reservations and there is definite french influence left there. Many french names, the catholic church etc etc etc. To me I respect metis roots as I do all people. A Metis person is one who simply is.....I can't see it any other way than that. The Ojibway word for a Metis is Weesackodaywinini which meaning burnt wood man. This is the word used for mixed blooded people. I consider myself as Anishnawbe but I am indeed in reality the about mentioned. I practise the traditions, language and customs of anishnawbe and I am considered a Status Indian under the federal government of Canada. Often Metis in Canada are those who have lost their inherent rights to have a tribal card/indian status. The goverments of north america are doing their best to subdivide us and slowly enculturate and assimilate us. This process is still in effect.
I say love and respect each other and cherish our ways and our differences. I have not heard of a Metis pow-wow per say but they are often present at pow-wows and many belong to drums and or dance.
The French, the Metis and the Scottish have left our people practices in the north which are still done today. Square dance, fiddling, and jigging are very popular. This came from the fur trade and it is very exciting time for all who attend. It does not belong to us traditionally but it is an excepted part of our tradition in many communities. I sure hope no one starts called our 1st Nations Peoples, wannabees.
(LOL) I write this without judgement or attacking any other threads or messages. I justed wanted to share and place a little bit of fact on the net.
Thanks for reading!

Respectfully

Mushkiki
(Ron)
Old 03-17-2006, 04:03 PM   #88
Lovin' life,

Mato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond repute
Mato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 260.00
Savings: 1.00
I would love to know too what the Metis did at this gathering that was cultural. I also would like to know what they did with the $5,000 they got .... things to make you go hmmmmmm.... http://www.bsu.edu/capic/culturalindy/support.html
Old 03-17-2006, 06:43 PM   #89
Beadworker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushkiki
The Metis when spoken about historically are considered to be from western Canada (Manitoba/Saskatchewan) but are located across Canada such as Ontario & Quebec and in parts of the USA. To be Metis you were usually considered to be of Indian and French Ancestry. (Ojibway/Cree). A language exists (adapted over time together) Mischief it is called. Many consider Metis and it is excepted by many to be any race mixed with 1st nation blood.
I would consider many of the Chippewa peoples of Wisconsin to be Metis as their communities have French names for their reservations and there is definite french influence left there. Many french names, the catholic church etc etc etc. To me I respect metis roots as I do all people. A Metis person is one who simply is.....I can't see it any other way than that. The Ojibway word for a Metis is Weesackodaywinini which meaning burnt wood man. This is the word used for mixed blooded people. I consider myself as Anishnawbe but I am indeed in reality the about mentioned. I practise the traditions, language and customs of anishnawbe and I am considered a Status Indian under the federal government of Canada. Often Metis in Canada are those who have lost their inherent rights to have a tribal card/indian status. The goverments of north america are doing their best to subdivide us and slowly enculturate and assimilate us. This process is still in effect.
I say love and respect each other and cherish our ways and our differences. I have not heard of a Metis pow-wow per say but they are often present at pow-wows and many belong to drums and or dance.
The French, the Metis and the Scottish have left our people practices in the north which are still done today. Square dance, fiddling, and jigging are very popular. This came from the fur trade and it is very exciting time for all who attend. It does not belong to us traditionally but it is an excepted part of our tradition in many communities. I sure hope no one starts called our 1st Nations Peoples, wannabees.
(LOL) I write this without judgement or attacking any other threads or messages. I justed wanted to share and place a little bit of fact on the net.
Thanks for reading!

Respectfully

Mushkiki
(Ron)
metis fiddling rocks...im half french and half abenaki

TRUDELL FOR PRESIDENT

(and no,this isnt zeek)
Old 03-17-2006, 09:16 PM   #90
Teen Dancer

Quote:
Thanks for reading!

Respectfully

Mushkiki
(Ron)
Thanks for sharing! I have read a little bit about the Metis culture and it is really interesting! I do know in Canada the Metis are a recognized tribe or as you stated "status" Indians. Does not count as a wannabe in my opinion....
Old 03-17-2006, 10:15 PM   #91
Boozhoo!

Mushkiki will become famous soon enough
Post just a little correction

Sorry if I caused a misunderstanding. Metis are not considered "Status Indians" under the Indian Act of Canada. They however recognized as a distinct nation of people to as Metis. There are three categories here in Canada politically.

1) Status Indians including Inuit
2) Metis (mixed blooded) no treaty rights but some inherent rights.
3) Non-Status (People containing Indian blood but not enough to be considered under the Indian Act) The Canadian Govt has a sneaky system like the USA to disqualify Indian peoples from their inherent rights. Somewhat similar to the quantum levels in a way but quite often it doesn't matter at times. If someone sold their treaty rights or married out of the native community 100 years ago when the Govt changed the laws at their discretion. We have a number of Indian people who cannot get their rights backs. It is sad and disgraceful. What is worse when their own communities won't support them. I know people in Wabigoon Ontario who have more Indian Blood than me and they cannot get their Indian Status back. It is unjust and unfair at all levels. Imagine being Indian and not being accepted as one. Enfranchisement is another dirty trick the govt did by allowing Indian people to sell off their rights to be considered a Canadian instead of Indian. It is hard to believe this was done. If someone did this offer of enfranchisement they usually got a cash payout, the right to vote and the right to enter a tavern or drinking establishment. Believe it or not!
Old 03-17-2006, 11:50 PM   #92
Teen Dancer

Quote:
Sorry if I caused a misunderstanding. Metis are not considered "Status Indians" under the Indian Act of Canada. They however recognized as a distinct nation of people to as Metis. There are three categories here in Canada politically.

1) Status Indians including Inuit
2) Metis (mixed blooded) no treaty rights but some inherent rights.
3) Non-Status (People containing Indian blood but not enough to be considered under the Indian Act) The Canadian Govt has a sneaky system like the USA to disqualify Indian peoples from their inherent rights. Somewhat similar to the quantum levels in a way but quite often it doesn't matter at times. If someone sold their treaty rights or married out of the native community 100 years ago when the Govt changed the laws at their discretion. We have a number of Indian people who cannot get their rights backs. It is sad and disgraceful. What is worse when their own communities won't support them. I know people in Wabigoon Ontario who have more Indian Blood than me and they cannot get their Indian Status back. It is unjust and unfair at all levels. Imagine being Indian and not being accepted as one. Enfranchisement is another dirty trick the govt did by allowing Indian people to sell off their rights to be considered a Canadian instead of Indian. It is hard to believe this was done. If someone did this offer of enfranchisement they usually got a cash payout, the right to vote and the right to enter a tavern or drinking establishment. Believe it or not!
Thanks! Like I said, learn something new all the time. That is sad, though; I have read somewhere that in the past, if an Indian woman married a non-indian, she was no longer considered an ndn, but the men could marry whomever they chose. Totally unfair. It is sad they way the gov't is still practicing this form of genocide today.......
Old 04-24-2006, 01:55 PM   #93
guess you had to be there

lookout is an unknown quantity at this point
Just some tidbits picked that might be of interest to this discussion.

Ontario Metis Aboriginal Association; Métis National Council; Métis Nation of Ontario;and Labrador Metis Nation. are some other Metis groups in Canada.

Also here are some links to other information on the Metis in Canada.

http://www.uottawa.ca/constitutional...eyextract.html
http://www.aand.gov.ab.ca

There are some groups that are trying to "sell" membership into a so called Canadian Metis tribe and these people get cards and everything and think they can do anything they want.
Old 04-24-2006, 06:43 PM   #94
Arthur

arthurmedicineeagle is a jewel in the rough
Talking

There are some groups that are trying to "sell" membership into a so called Canadian Metis tribe and these people get cards and everything and think they can do anything they want. [/QUOTE]

We are aware of those who are selling memberships. I pay close attention to the words "Buyer Beware".

For the earlier question someone posed about the Gathering having metis events. My suggestion is why don't you come and find out for yourself instead of writing such venomus posts. Unless of course you are making liablous and slanderous remarks to try and cause trouble. Does the word Inter Tribal ring a bell?
Old 04-24-2006, 11:50 PM   #95
Beadworker

hmmmmmmmmm arthur are you the same arthur medicine eagle sonier thats mentioned above as being a scam and threatening to sue people who say you are?

TRUDELL FOR PRESIDENT

(and no,this isnt zeek)
Old 04-25-2006, 07:08 AM   #96
Arthur

arthurmedicineeagle is a jewel in the rough
[QUOTE=sokoki_wolf]hmmmmmmmmm arthur are you the same arthur medicine eagle sonier thats mentioned above as being a scam and threatening to sue people who say you are

Sokoki, you should be ashamed of yourself for saying the things you do since we both are from the Great Wabanaki Confederacy. I know my lineage do you? But what would you care? Your mind is set to step all over people no matter what. Now as I said in my previous post " If you want to know then bring your body to the gathering and find out for yourself instead of relying on the words of others who have a track record of lying."
Old 04-25-2006, 09:54 AM   #97
Beadworker

[QUOTE=arthurmedicineeagle]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sokoki_wolf
hmmmmmmmmm arthur are you the same arthur medicine eagle sonier thats mentioned above as being a scam and threatening to sue people who say you are

Sokoki, you should be ashamed of yourself for saying the things you do since we both are from the Great Wabanaki Confederacy. I know my lineage do you? But what would you care? Your mind is set to step all over people no matter what. Now as I said in my previous post " If you want to know then bring your body to the gathering and find out for yourself instead of relying on the words of others who have a track record of lying."
lol i asked a simple question and you more than gave me my answer...and no art we are not related...why would i be ashamed to saying things anyways? a scam is a scam no matter what and yes art i more than know my lineage...im enrolled ina legit tribe...are you? and lmao @ my mind set... youre funny art...no ,my mind set is to expose fakes and frauds and twinkie wannabess and from all ive read about you,youre in running for the king twink no art you and i are far far from related....shall i post whats been said about you again?

TRUDELL FOR PRESIDENT

(and no,this isnt zeek)

Last edited by sokoki_wolf; 04-25-2006 at 10:07 AM..
Old 04-25-2006, 10:06 AM   #98
Beadworker

and if you want to threaten to sue me Art,go ahead...my lawyers work for the firm of Dewy,Cheatham,and Howe....

TRUDELL FOR PRESIDENT

(and no,this isnt zeek)
Old 04-25-2006, 10:40 AM   #99
Oldfart

Kiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond repute
Kiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by arthurmedicineeagle
For the earlier question someone posed about the Gathering having metis events. My suggestion is why don't you come and find out for yourself instead of writing such venomus posts. Unless of course you are making liablous and slanderous remarks to try and cause trouble. Does the word Inter Tribal ring a bell?
There is nothing venomous about asking whether there are Metis events scheduled. Most Metis events are not centered around powwow dancing. There may be a smidgen of it, but Metis generally have their own culture and are quite proud of it. They celebrate their culture in far more different way than powwow.

Intertribal does ring a bell. Metis invite others to their gatherings, but do not focus on powwow. It is their time to shine, to celebrate and share the Metis culture.

You make it difficult to remain respectful Arthuremedicineeagle when you call me and my posts venomous. Please, treat me with respect as I have been to you.
Old 04-25-2006, 10:44 AM   #100
Beadworker

if you do a search on arthur medicine eagle on line,you'll read some very interesting things....so youre not only a medicine man but a chief and elder too huh Art? and Art...
SHAME ON YOU
so wheres your reply Art...you have yet to answer our questions....are you or are you not the arthur medicine eagle sonier thats listed as a
scam and a plastic medicine man? cant be any plainer than that can it? all we need is a yes or no answer...thats all
and if you are...then stop claiming your wobenaki ...i take it very personally when it involves my tribe....so go play with your sweat rocks from BC from the elder that were sent to you in hopes of "tightening the circle" and stop representing yourself as wobeanki or indian or metis or what ever you say you are that day..and why ever would i want to go to some wannabee powwow in indiana? want to go back home with me and face legit Wobenaki people Art and see what they have to say?

TRUDELL FOR PRESIDENT

(and no,this isnt zeek)

Last edited by sokoki_wolf; 04-25-2006 at 11:06 AM..
Sponsored Links
Closed Thread