Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Talk > Pow Wow Trip Reports paw paw moon Native American Gathering paw paw moon Native American Gathering

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-16-2012, 07:33 PM   #1
CherokeeSpirit

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Thumbs up paw paw moon Native American Gathering

My Dad and I just went to a Pow-wow in Springfield Ohio at George Rodger Clark Park and it was beyond awesome.I have been to some good Traditonal Pow-wows and this was up there on a rating of 1 to 100 I would give it over 100 beng excellant.I have gone to over a dozen pow-wows in my lifetime since 11 years old but I have always had deep love and respect for Native people since I could walk and talk but didnt start going to pow-wows until later on.I love to watch the dancing and heart and Spirit of Native People and the keeping culture and tradition as well as future generations going strong.Pow-wow to me is the Heart Heartbeat and Spirit of a Strong and proud People.I know its not a show or are Native people out there to impress others by their dancing like I said its all about heart blood and spirit and keeping tradition and culture going strong and perhaps pure.Looking forward to the next pow-wow next year or maybe before then.
  Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-17-2012, 01:20 AM   #2
Me & Eyes r doin' goot !

Items DevilPresent
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 47,854.15
Savings: 1.00

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
wardancer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-19-2012, 09:21 PM   #3
Beady Eyed & Beautiful

Items DollDolphin
Suzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond repute
Suzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 3,776.62
Savings: 0.00
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by wardancer View Post
wardancer, I was there too, but can't help you out with any pics.

This was a small (one feather) powwow. It seemed to have shrunk from what I remembered in previous years, but atleast it is still going.

There was something which occurred during the Sunday dance session that I thought was awesome. An intertribal had just ended,but there was a request from the emcee that everyone remain in the arena. A 93 yr old lady in a wheelchair had been in the arbor and had been wanting to dance, but wasn't sure about entering the arena. I guess her son told the emcee, and the emcee had a special for her. The lady's son wheeled her over to the entrance. Everybody who saw her thought she was going to be pushed around the arena, but she decided to be on her feet! She was supported by her son on one side and another person on the other side.....making it all of the way around the arena once & then having to sit back down in her wheelchair.

I sure hope I can do what she did when I'm her age.
Suzizila is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-22-2015, 04:01 PM   #4
Banned

Hawk1 is off the scaleHawk1 is off the scaleHawk1 is off the scaleHawk1 is off the scaleHawk1 is off the scaleHawk1 is off the scaleHawk1 is off the scaleHawk1 is off the scaleHawk1 is off the scaleHawk1 is off the scaleHawk1 is off the scaleHawk1 is off the scaleHawk1 is off the scaleHawk1 is off the scaleHawk1 is off the scale
Credits: 1,156.10
Savings: 0.00
thats awesome

that's awesome thanks for sharing to think she was in a wheelchair and decided that she wanted to dance and I cant dance because I am too fat just being honest I tire out easy boy that woman sure put me to shame.
Hawk1 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links