Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Talk > Pow Wow Trip Reports powwow cruise pics eastcoast 2007 powwow cruise pics eastcoast 2007

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-24-2007, 10:38 PM   #21
M...O...T...to the S!

Items Present
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
middle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond repute
middle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 829.86
Savings: 1.00

sorry theres no one on the balcony guys...
middle of the sky is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-24-2007, 10:50 PM   #22
M...O...T...to the S!

Items Present
middle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond repute
middle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond repute

this guy had 4 puppets..they were hilarious...they sang..tapped the mic....boogied....me and my mom made a bet about one of the puppets..not seen here...he was resting....she said it was elvis but i thought it was elvis costello..maybe we were both wrong ..he didnt sing...
Old 02-24-2007, 10:59 PM   #23
M...O...T...to the S!

Items Present

after i got home i took out some books from the library...one was 'breach of faith'... true stories of the katrina disaster....very emotional yet very informative...i recommend it as a read...we did see the devastation...there was one couple i met on the ship from new orleans and when i told them we were going to sleep at the airport before we left..she said shed take us in but they were living in a fema trailer...but she said she was serious...i wouldnt of minded the fema trailer tho...another guy from florida really helped us out...i thought the people were beautiful
Old 02-24-2007, 11:04 PM   #24
M...O...T...to the S!

Items Present
ill upload some more...later...my mind is mush now...thx everyone that voted for me for this contest.and paul and dave and linda underwood (the powwow cruise directors)..it really impacted me...in a positive way..i dint mind it was cancelled cuz things happen like theyre supposed to...plus i wasnt really practiced enough to dance jingle..i wanted to surprise my mom...and ill see the mayan ruins someday...oh yeah i love their accents!!!...they thought i had an accent...

Last edited by middle of the sky; 02-24-2007 at 11:16 PM.. Reason: beuz im an editor extraodrinaire...
Old 02-25-2007, 01:13 AM   #25
Like my new toy?

Privateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 30.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle of the sky View Post
not sure of the name of this cathedral...its in jackson square..

It's St. Louis Cathedral, and it's been declared a minor basilica. the architecture dates to the Spanish period of Louisiana, as the original cathedral burned down, along with most of the city, in the late 1700s. 95% of "da Quarta" is actually Spanish architecture, not French. Hurricanes are good, but you need to try a Hand Grenade from the Tropical Isle Bar or a Flaming Dr. Pepper from Goldmine Bar, if they survived Katrina.
Privateer6 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-25-2007, 01:21 AM   #26
Like my new toy?

Privateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 30.00
Quote:
i didnt really want the andrew jackson statue in the background becuz of his history in regards to native peoples... but i dont know... i should look up history of the natives peoples around this area eh... they should have a statue of the indians around here eh..
Yeah Andy was a SOB, but I have to say this about the statue. It was made shortly after The Battle of New Orleans in 1815, way before his presidency, and he is a hero to the city for defeating the British. What's interesting is that the benefactor of the statue was a young widow by the name of Baroness de Pontabla. She wanted Jackson on his horse and tipping his hat at her. If you follow the his gaze, that was her apartment. Also notice that the horse is on two legs. This is extremely difficult to do, in fact I beleive it's the first statue ever to do that, and architects from all over come to see the statue. I also believe it was duplicated in DC.
Privateer6 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-26-2007, 08:32 PM   #27
M...O...T...to the S!

Items Present
Quote:
Originally Posted by Privateer6 View Post
Yeah Andy was a SOB, but I have to say this about the statue. It was made shortly after The Battle of New Orleans in 1815, way before his presidency, and he is a hero to the city for defeating the British. What's interesting is that the benefactor of the statue was a young widow by the name of Baroness de Pontabla. She wanted Jackson on his horse and tipping his hat at her. If you follow the his gaze, that was her apartment. Also notice that the horse is on two legs. This is extremely difficult to do, in fact I beleive it's the first statue ever to do that, and architects from all over come to see the statue. I also believe it was duplicated in DC.
see thats interesing stuff... i like that kinda stuff..... thx for sharing...
Old 02-27-2007, 02:31 AM   #28
M...O...T...to the S!

Items Present

this is a parade we caught on sunday..we got lots of beads...picked lots of beads up off the ground also... souviners for home

Last edited by middle of the sky; 03-01-2007 at 12:18 AM.. Reason: ill be back pic was way too big
Old 03-01-2007, 12:06 AM   #29
M...O...T...to the S!

Items Present

(sorry this isnt a very good picture..the guy that developed it said it musta been an old film..or it could of got zapped thru the airport or he coulda been just a lousy 1 hour developer...)
anywhooo...
this is silver cloud drum group...they sang some songs during our little powwow cruise meeting we had on the ship...we had a round dance... they sounded awesome...there were four drummers that nite...but they sounded like 8 or more...theyre from NY i believe

Last edited by middle of the sky; 03-01-2007 at 12:30 AM..
Old 03-01-2007, 12:16 AM   #30
M...O...T...to the S!

Items Present

this is dave and linda the powwow cruise directors... they are awesome people..i am getting my esnag shirt...
Old 03-01-2007, 12:16 AM   #31
Granny:)

Items ElephantPresentRainbow
*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute
*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute
Location: 20 mins into Canada from the Sumas WA Border. Im practically an American
Credits: 16,430.57
Quote:

(sorry this isnt a very good picture..the guy that developed it said it musta been an old film..or it could of got zapped thru the airport or he coulda been just a lousy 1 hour developer...)
anywhooo...
this is silver cloud drum group...they sang some songs during our little powwow cruise meeting we had on the ship...we had a round dance... they sounded awesome...there were drummers that nite...but they sounded like 8 or more...theyre from NY i believe
here i couldnt help myself(editing) lol :

*Kalilsha*

If the sun refused to shine, I would still be loving u
When mountains crumble to the sea, there will still be u an me..

*Brown Eyed Gurl* is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-01-2007, 12:19 AM   #32
M...O...T...to the S!

Items Present
Thumbs up

thx begs
Old 03-01-2007, 12:22 AM   #33
M...O...T...to the S!

Items Present

this is my mom with a gold dude...he stands still in really odd poses... he was kewl...(have lotsa dollar bills to hand out to buskers)(and not canadian)
Old 03-01-2007, 12:29 AM   #34
M...O...T...to the S!

Items Present

i was happy to watch a parade....who isnt?... i caught a couple of beads...and a cup..and some commemorative coins..and i missed catching these little bottles..me and a little boy raced for one.. he got it...then i felt a tug on my shirt and he gave it to me...so i took it...lol....it was little bottles of bubbles...i thought it was candy...
Old 03-01-2007, 12:31 AM   #35
M...O...T...to the S!

Items Present

love those marching bands...
Old 03-01-2007, 12:34 AM   #36
M...O...T...to the S!

Items Present

next year id like to see more parades... theyre were lots of dressed up dogs around ..i guess we missed the 'barkus' parade...
Old 03-01-2007, 12:35 AM   #37
M...O...T...to the S!

Items Present

merry xmas!
Old 03-01-2007, 12:37 AM   #38
M...O...T...to the S!

Items Present

the cops birds eye view on bourbon street
Old 03-01-2007, 12:40 AM   #39
M...O...T...to the S!

Items Present
i think the rest of the pics are from the nite life on bourbon street and not too many powwow pics..cuz of the cancellation..hope you got a sense of mardi gras... i didnt see any mardi gras indians..woulda really of liked to...hopefully next year...
Old 03-01-2007, 08:58 AM   #40
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantRainbowDevilDevil
Eagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond repute
Eagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 32,425.79
These pics are great!