Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Talk > Pow Wow Trip Reports Powwows.com peeps at Austin Pow Wow Powwows.com peeps at Austin Pow Wow

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-04-2007, 02:59 PM   #1
Cloth Dancer

Items Dolphin
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
NancyJo has a reputation beyond repute
NancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 5,020.79
Savings: 0.00
Thumbs up Powwows.com peeps at Austin Pow Wow

Hi everyone,
Just wanted to see who all else was at the Austin Pow Wow this weekend.
There was a group of us sitting together right behind the MC Stand in the bleachers...........so everyone give a shout out and let all the powwows.comers who made the trip for Austin!!

Myself and my hubby were there..........we had a great time.....except for getting hit by another car in that horrible traffic on I35 friday evening (grrrrrrrrr!).
Met with OLChemist and ate at a great barbeque place later that evening (County Line on the Hill).
Had a great day shopping, dancing and being at the pow wow all day saturday.........and meeting some of the powwows.com peeps.
Even stopped in West, TX on the way home at one of those fabulous Czech bakery for some kolaches!!! Yummmm!!

Anyway..........come on you all........let everyone know you were there and how much of a good time you had!!!
NancyJo is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-04-2007, 08:10 PM   #2
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 71,515.60
Yeap, met up with Nancy Jo and some other folks from up in our neck of the woods. Met 2LineCarrandMorgan in the line for the ladies room. I finally got to thank TurtleClan for his kind words in person. We accosted a few poor souls wearing powwows.com tee as they walked by. I think we alarmed a few folks, LOL.

The BBQ was good. After close to 20 years of having people telling me I had to go to the County Line, I finally got there. The brisket was killer and the beef ribs the guy at the next table had were downright scary. Kind of reminded me of the bit in opening sequence in the Flintstones. I haven't seen that much meat on a plate in front of a skinny guy since a colleague of mine tried to eat the 3 lb burger at Eagle Deli.

We did a little shopping. I got my mutton, green chili and fry bread fix. Found some nice 15/o cut beads.

As for the dance, the little ones carried themselves well. They honored their people and their familes. There was one little northern tradish dancer out there who just danced his heart out.

A big thanks to the committee and staff for their hard work. Take a bow folks.
OLChemist is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-04-2007, 08:55 PM   #3
Junior Dancer

PrairieTX has a reputation beyond reputePrairieTX has a reputation beyond reputePrairieTX has a reputation beyond reputePrairieTX has a reputation beyond reputePrairieTX has a reputation beyond reputePrairieTX has a reputation beyond reputePrairieTX has a reputation beyond reputePrairieTX has a reputation beyond reputePrairieTX has a reputation beyond reputePrairieTX has a reputation beyond reputePrairieTX has a reputation beyond reputePrairieTX has a reputation beyond reputePrairieTX has a reputation beyond reputePrairieTX has a reputation beyond reputePrairieTX has a reputation beyond reputePrairieTX has a reputation beyond reputePrairieTX has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Wasn't in Austin, but I do hope to make it next year. Sounds like a really nice powwow and the BBQ sounds delicious. I will have to say since I moved to TX, I have found some really great places to eat!
PrairieTX is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-04-2007, 10:05 PM   #4
tx straight dancer

rodond has a reputation beyond reputerodond has a reputation beyond repute
rodond has a reputation beyond reputerodond has a reputation beyond reputerodond has a reputation beyond reputerodond has a reputation beyond reputerodond has a reputation beyond reputerodond has a reputation beyond reputerodond has a reputation beyond reputerodond has a reputation beyond reputerodond has a reputation beyond reputerodond has a reputation beyond reputerodond has a reputation beyond reputerodond has a reputation beyond reputerodond has a reputation beyond reputerodond has a reputation beyond reputerodond has a reputation beyond reputerodond has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 7,469.70
was there with two other dancers. spend two much with the vendor but had a good time. Nancy Jo where in west texas did you find the czech bakery
rodond is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-05-2007, 12:07 AM   #5
Me & Eyes are the best !

Items DevilPresent
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 70,575.59
Savings: 1.00
Hey NancyJo , You didn't tell me there were more of us there....
It was a great dance and I got to meet 2lines and Jesse , NancyJo and Hubby , Huronwoman !!!
That Lil tradish was my good friend's grandson ! That was cool , he's only 2 !!!......Was he the one dancin' with the guys wearing the Hidatsas ??? One was his Dad and the other was .....ME ! LOL We had a blast and the kid made some bucks !!! Everyone was throwin' money on him......that was sooo cool.....
Oh yeah....I took 3rd in the comp !
Who else was there ???
And NancyJo....where's my pics ???? LOL

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
wardancer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-05-2007, 02:33 AM   #6
cherosage

CHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond repute
CHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,553.63
Hey, congrats Wardancer. We drove through there Monday afternoon before. Had to be home for the weekend, a work thing you know. Lipanlady and family were going to be there. We stayed with them in McAllen for their dance the previous weekend. By the way Her husband, another Tradish you know, is our headman next year here in Sedalia.

I'm glad you all had a great time. Maybe someday we could be there. Later.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:36 AM   #7
Cloth Dancer

Items Dolphin
NancyJo has a reputation beyond repute
NancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 5,020.79
WOOOOO HOOOOO, Wardancer!!!! Congrats on winning third!!!! We were rooting for you!!!
PM me you email addy and I'll send that picture..........I'm not real sure how to post it in a thread.
Yeah, there were quite a few of us there. I'm usually the shy quiet one but OLChemist got quite a kick out of me hollering at people as the walked by to see if they were on powwows.com. Everybody sitting with us would say, "hey, I think that's so and so".......so I'd just holler out to them "Ma'm/Sir..are you a member of powwows.com?" and then they'd come over and start talking. So it was pretty fun.......kept cracking OLChemist up by doing it!! haha
I danced a few times......mostly so that 2lineCarrMorgan could go out into the circle............but left my dance clothes out in the truck. The accident we had on the way down to Austin had me kind of stiff and sore on Saturday..........so I just mostly sat in the stands and watched and visited with everyone.
The Czech bakery we stopped at was just north of Waco in the town of West...........right off I-35 north..........can't remember the exit number, but there were billboard signs for miles and miles before we got there making us just about crazy to eat some pastries or kolaches. So when we hit West we pulled off and got a couple of things. Man, that bakery was busy.........I think most of I35 northbound folks were stopping and getting them some good food!!! haha
Okay......well, got to scram-o-la to work..........and call the insurance company and see if we can't get the ol' war pony back in good shape.
Post on all you Austin powwows.com'ers!!
NancyJo is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-05-2007, 09:55 AM   #8
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 71,515.60
Quote:
Originally Posted by wardancer View Post
Was he the one dancin' with the guys wearing the Hidatsas ???
That would be him :) You should be proud. All the kids did a great job.

Congrats on the contest, btw.
OLChemist is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-05-2007, 10:46 AM   #9
were home

Items GuitarElephantPresentPresent
Credits: 30,091.23
2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute
2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute
well i was not going tell me met in the ladies line to the bathroom lol but i love this powwow so much ,nancy jo and ol chimest were so kind to me,i found the grand mothers smiling at me a lot at this powwow and this filled my heart,the Ad this year didnot need to tell me what i was doing wrong this year,yea...i got a shaw and finnily i was cover right and learned how to hold the shaw properly.i got to met wardancer and he is a wonder in his reagala meny pic were taken of him ,his dance is powerfull,his hunt is clear and worthy.
the child everone is speaking about is our joy to be sure.
we went to the traders too and i traded some of my sleeping buity trqurise for part of my shaw i injoyed talking to the father he spoke to me much.
jessi injoyed to powwow he thunk the fancy dancers were astica but i told him what i knew about the dance.
at one point the game beween texas and OU was anounced
and the Ad lost his cap and told who was for UT i tryed to show
jessie how to throw the UT hands but i did not know how either and we showed the sign for i love you in hand we laught about the for a day he told me if you dont know and i dont know then we are in trouble.

we left abot two hr be for the powwow was over,alto i would have injoyed staying jessie need some space,we keeped the honner of the day in our hearts untill the close of the powwow.
we stoped at the mardo to eat and i wished that the people that we had met could have sheard some food with us i would have loved to taken folkes to eat.
but as life is i understand why we powwow more and how treasured the time spent with friends on the trail is.
Thank you so much nancy jo and old chimest and wardance and all the powwow.com ppl
Old 11-05-2007, 10:51 AM   #10
Tiny Tot Dancer

Lipan Lady is a jewel in the rough
Credits: 2,569.65
Hi.
My family and I were there too. We got to visit with Wardancer. Wish we had talked to the rest of you. We were sitting across the MC's table. Last year, we were up in the bleachers. Congrats to all the winners! Wardancer came in
3rd and my brother came in 5th. I guess, Wardancer 's got them bragging rights. My boys, both grass dancers, came in
2nd and 3rd in the Jr. division. We are really proud of them:) My husband and I didn't place, but we got to judge a couple of times. That was cool!

My family has been going to Austin since the beginning. It is one of our favorite powwows. Maybe Paul and his crew can go next year and powwow-cast. That would be awesome!
Lipan Lady is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-05-2007, 10:53 AM   #11
~Pwowfeva~

amarie49 has a reputation beyond reputeamarie49 has a reputation beyond reputeamarie49 has a reputation beyond reputeamarie49 has a reputation beyond reputeamarie49 has a reputation beyond reputeamarie49 has a reputation beyond reputeamarie49 has a reputation beyond reputeamarie49 has a reputation beyond reputeamarie49 has a reputation beyond reputeamarie49 has a reputation beyond reputeamarie49 has a reputation beyond reputeamarie49 has a reputation beyond reputeamarie49 has a reputation beyond reputeamarie49 has a reputation beyond reputeamarie49 has a reputation beyond reputeamarie49 has a reputation beyond reputeamarie49 has a reputation beyond reputeamarie49 has a reputation beyond reputeamarie49 has a reputation beyond repute
Does anyone know the winners? I have not made it down to this powwow but it sounds like it was fun.
amarie49 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-05-2007, 11:11 AM   #12
Tiny Tot Dancer

tcumonster is a jewel in the rough
Credits: 529.41
We were there for a few minutes during the evening session. My son is fighting a cold or the flu, so he wasn't in the best of moods.

The Czech bakery is on I-35 in West and the exit number is 353. It is in the Shell station, and there is another bakery next door. I can't go through there without stopping.

Sounds like everyone had a good time...hope to see you next year.
tcumonster is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-05-2007, 11:52 AM   #13
Junior Dancer

PrairieTX has a reputation beyond reputePrairieTX has a reputation beyond reputePrairieTX has a reputation beyond reputePrairieTX has a reputation beyond reputePrairieTX has a reputation beyond reputePrairieTX has a reputation beyond reputePrairieTX has a reputation beyond reputePrairieTX has a reputation beyond reputePrairieTX has a reputation beyond reputePrairieTX has a reputation beyond reputePrairieTX has a reputation beyond reputePrairieTX has a reputation beyond reputePrairieTX has a reputation beyond reputePrairieTX has a reputation beyond reputePrairieTX has a reputation beyond reputePrairieTX has a reputation beyond reputePrairieTX has a reputation beyond repute
So the key here is to get a powwows.com t-shirt before you go powwowing!
PrairieTX is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-05-2007, 02:08 PM   #14
Happy Beading Woman

ac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond repute
ac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 12,343.23
awww shucks! I missed it this year due to several personal reasons, but I'm glad the rest of you had a good time. I will probably go next year!
Old 11-05-2007, 07:07 PM   #15
PowWows.com Addicts

Lipan ndn has a reputation beyond repute
Lipan ndn has a reputation beyond reputeLipan ndn has a reputation beyond reputeLipan ndn has a reputation beyond reputeLipan ndn has a reputation beyond reputeLipan ndn has a reputation beyond reputeLipan ndn has a reputation beyond reputeLipan ndn has a reputation beyond reputeLipan ndn has a reputation beyond reputeLipan ndn has a reputation beyond reputeLipan ndn has a reputation beyond reputeLipan ndn has a reputation beyond reputeLipan ndn has a reputation beyond reputeLipan ndn has a reputation beyond reputeLipan ndn has a reputation beyond reputeLipan ndn has a reputation beyond reputeLipan ndn has a reputation beyond reputeLipan ndn has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 90.00
I was there it was a pretty good powwow. My son got 2nd in little boys Northern Tradish & my daughter got 4th in jr girls fancy shawl.
Lipan ndn is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-05-2007, 07:29 PM   #16
Tiny Tot Dancer

shinobmatt has a reputation beyond reputeshinobmatt has a reputation beyond reputeshinobmatt has a reputation beyond reputeshinobmatt has a reputation beyond reputeshinobmatt has a reputation beyond reputeshinobmatt has a reputation beyond reputeshinobmatt has a reputation beyond reputeshinobmatt has a reputation beyond reputeshinobmatt has a reputation beyond reputeshinobmatt has a reputation beyond reputeshinobmatt has a reputation beyond reputeshinobmatt has a reputation beyond reputeshinobmatt has a reputation beyond reputeshinobmatt has a reputation beyond reputeshinobmatt has a reputation beyond reputeshinobmatt has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 863.85
austin p-dub

i was there got first in mens tradish had a good time but the evening meal messed my sugar up still tryin to level out
shinobmatt is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-05-2007, 08:37 PM   #17
Me & Eyes are the best !

Items DevilPresent
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by amarie49 View Post
Does anyone know the winners? I have not made it down to this powwow but it sounds like it was fun.
They haven't posted them yet.....
I was in the Senior mens ....Ed Black took 1st , I took 3rd and Robert Soto took 5th , I think , but really don't know the rest . I went to the website , but they're not posted yet.

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
Old 11-05-2007, 08:44 PM   #18
Me & Eyes are the best !

Items DevilPresent
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLChemist View Post
That would be him :) You should be proud. All the kids did a great job.

Congrats on the contest, btw.
Thank-you......That Lil guy was so cool...to be that small and young and to dance like that.....it was awesome ! His Dad was just 14 when I moved north , so it was cool to see our old bunch and all the young ones that are now parents with young of their own ! I posted a pic in the Den of the guys I used to hang out with ! I had a blast and placing in the comp was just a bonus......It was just a great time !

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
Old 11-05-2007, 08:46 PM   #19
Me & Eyes are the best !

Items DevilPresent
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinobmatt View Post
i was there got first in mens tradish had a good time but the evening meal messed my sugar up still tryin to level out
Congrats to you for that win....that was a heck of a group of dancers !!! I'm glad I was in the " 'ol guy group" ! LOL

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
Old 11-05-2007, 08:51 PM   #20
Me & Eyes are the best !

Items DevilPresent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lipan ndn View Post
I was there it was a pretty good powwow. My son got 2nd in little boys Northern Tradish & my daughter got 4th in jr girls fancy shawl.
Hey , I remember your son.....good dancer ! I was in and out during the girls comps so don't remember her , but my congrats just the same !

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
Sponsored Links