Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Talk > Pow Wow Trip Reports Shinnecock Powwow Shinnecock Powwow

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-10-2005, 05:35 PM   #21
PauWau Coordinator

Items Devil
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 11,578.70
Savings: 0.00
Hachi,

I totally agree with kakeeya, kiwenzee and Oji. Ivan is a good grass dancer and doesn't need to put down. He is originally from Whitebear, SASK, Canada and has certainly paid his dues on the major powwow circuits.

"Any single dancer will not always win first place every weekend. Dancers who follow the powwow trail know this."

__

Does anyone know if the Youngblood Singers are still in existence?
Old 03-10-2005, 09:22 PM   #22
Tiny Tot Dancer

Hachi is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 0.00
Wink I'm chillin'

No disrespect intended to Ivan, I just based things on what I saw at the time of the competition. It's all good............and there were a lot of good people and good dancers there and I am sure you would agree but have you ever heard the saying, "when someone says something is better it's usually that persons opinion"...... Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I hope things are more fair this year and yeah we all know how powwows go sometimes. Sometimes they are fair, sometimes they are not! That's just how it is. We are not perfect so we can't expect perfection when it comes to judging because it is mostly based on personal opinions.

They really could do an executive age category (36-49) for the more experienced dancers. This would be a good addition to this powwow.
Hachi is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-10-2005, 10:12 PM   #23
PowWows.com Addicts

Furiously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond repute
Furiously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 450.31
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hachi
No disrespect intended to Ivan, I just based things on what I saw at the time of the competition. It's all good............and there were a lot of good people and good dancers there and I am sure you would agree but have you ever heard the saying, "when someone says something is better it's usually that persons opinion"...... Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I hope things are more fair this year and yeah we all know how powwows go sometimes. Sometimes they are fair, sometimes they are not! That's just how it is. We are not perfect so we can't expect perfection when it comes to judging because it is mostly based on personal opinions.

They really could do an executive age category (36-49) for the more experienced dancers. This would be a good addition to this powwow.
"Executive age category"......for some reason that sounded somewhat of a British accent?? Ayez!!j/k
Old 03-28-2005, 10:04 AM   #24
Teen Dancer

ABENEWA KWE is a glorious beacon of light
[QUOTE=Hachi]Good weather for a change at Shinnecock. NO RAIN!!!!!!YEAH!!

Less Dancers than last year.

Nice Concert on Friday Night!!! Cool Music!!!!!

Competition was not exciting (adult categories only had one song)

???????Ivan Lone Child placed first in men's grass, Ginew Benton placed second when he should have placed first and Delwin & Bryan (Blue regalia & won Schemitzun in 1994) should have placed too?????????????? :34:

Categories had predetermined winners

Dancers who did not place should have!!!!!!!!

Some of the people who placed couldn't dance at all!!!

Judging problems in almost every category

Inexperienced judges

Lightfoot performed and he grass danced

Drums - Sacred Leader(host), Mystic River(co-host), Young Guns, Silver Cloud, Commod Squad - Drum Competition can't remember who placed.

Big Brawl on Saturday night. Watch out!!! Bottles Flying & windows getting smashed. People going to the hospital. Hope they are okay. We had to move our campsite twice.

QUOTE]

hey hachi .... i went, and i agree with you! some dancers that placed ....did not deserve to!!!!!!!!

and the fight!! that was terrible, but the same people that were fighting ... burned my tent, boy that was a lesson learned.... i call it a ghetto powwow. they really need to do all the things you are suggesting.
"When the forest weeps, the Anishinabe who listens will look back at the years. In each generation of Ojibway there will be a person who will hear the si-si-gwa-d, who will listen and remember and pass it on to the children."

"Night Flying Woman"

ABENEWA KWE is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-28-2005, 10:24 AM   #25
Teen Dancer

ABENEWA KWE is a glorious beacon of light
.... but in all fairness ... i would go again and dance, love the feast, but again, they really need to straigten out those people that come to their powwow and hang in the back drinking and acting like foolz... starting fights and don't even participate in the powwow at all .... they were awful! from elders to teens.... they came every year to shinnecock i guess to drink and start crap.

but i do thank the shinnecocks for thier hospitality!

p.s - get new judges ... because in womans traditional .... that category was judged wrong in my opinion :)
"When the forest weeps, the Anishinabe who listens will look back at the years. In each generation of Ojibway there will be a person who will hear the si-si-gwa-d, who will listen and remember and pass it on to the children."

"Night Flying Woman"

ABENEWA KWE is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-29-2005, 02:47 AM   #26
Tiny Tot Dancer

smokinitup is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Remember Opinion's Vary!!!!!

sOUNDS LIKE A INTERESTING POW WOW, I have a silly question to ask Where is this pow wow? and Please list who won the smoke dance comp?
DAneh
smokinitup is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-30-2005, 04:49 PM   #27
Tiny Tot Dancer

ebt is a jewel in the rough
Credits: 30.00
da shinn

i seen Ivan use his language, history and culture, dalily!
e
Old 03-31-2005, 11:21 PM   #28
Pow Wow Visitor

krazy_jim is an unknown quantity at this point
leave Ivan alone he is a very good man and a very good grass dancer. I thought the pow wow was fair and good! Yes people are intitled to there own opion but when i comes to cutting down on someone well known be careful because there are people always ready to back them up. Thats just something to keep in mind.

Last edited by krazy_jim; 04-01-2005 at 11:25 PM..
krazy_jim is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-23-2005, 03:57 PM   #29
The Original OP CREW

AlmostThere is a name known to all
Location: Southampton New YOrk, Long Island. Towards the end of Long Island.
Old 04-25-2005, 05:21 PM   #30
Tiny Tot Dancer

Kanku Dai Warrior is a jewel in the rough
[QUOTE]No disrespect intended, I just based things on what I saw at the time of the competition. It's all good.........[QUOTE]

I am sure his comments & suggestions were meant to help not to put down anyone.

Last edited by Kanku Dai Warrior; 04-25-2005 at 05:24 PM..
Kanku Dai Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-28-2005, 01:51 PM   #31
Pow Wow Visitor

Anderson is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up who won the smokedance

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinitup
sOUNDS LIKE A INTERESTING POW WOW, I have a silly question to ask Where is this pow wow? and Please list who won the smoke dance comp?
DAneh
1st. Lyle Anderson
2nd.Trevor Hill
3rd. Sean Yazzie
these are the winners for the men's

Last edited by Anderson; 04-28-2005 at 01:54 PM..
Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-29-2005, 10:11 AM   #32
The Original OP CREW

AlmostThere is a name known to all
geeze you still memba the winners. Great memory!!!!!!!
Old 03-30-2009, 02:16 PM   #33
Pow Wow Visitor

LaVonna_LoneChild is an unknown quantity at this point
Help Me PLEASE!!!!

apparently people around here know ivan lone child will someone please fill me in on who he is. This is my father i haven't met him or anything but i would like to if anyone can help me i would like to connect with him and see what he's all about
LaVonna_LoneChild is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links