Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Talk > Pow Wow Trip Reports Stoqw'eylem 2007 Burnaby BC Stoqw'eylem 2007 Burnaby BC

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-21-2007, 11:35 AM   #1
Banned

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Creewoman05 is a splendid one to beholdCreewoman05 is a splendid one to beholdCreewoman05 is a splendid one to beholdCreewoman05 is a splendid one to behold
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Stoqw'eylem 2007 Burnaby BC

Just recovering, *haha a bit out of shape here* This was one of the first powwows in a long time that I had a good time at. No pressure to dance, I felt like I belonged. Was good to just sit and watch.

It was very well run, good people and drums. My only suggestion would be to have A 100 CUP coffee pot, instead of a 20 There where a few caffeine addicts such as myself the first thing we went for was the Joe, and had to wait for the little red light to turn on

I met some wonderful ladies tradish dancers, I hold them dear to my heart, even though I don't quite know them yet. They helped with my hair, and gave me dancing advice.

I would have to say the highlight of it was when one of the committee members asked me to judge teen girls all around. I was like SURE, I AM HONORED TO DO SO. Was told to pick an envelope, and I had picked 1st, so I judged 1st... I went with what was in my heart, how the girl danced and carried herself. She wore a blue and white jingle dress, with home rolled lids. Had a nice fan as well. It made me happy to help another dancer out.

Later on I was told by one of the lady dancer's partner, that I had picked a good one. They stated that "dancers unfortunately who are not "connected" don't get picked",and they where proud of me for making a decision like that, and gave me some tobacco.

All in all, it was excellent. I need to get a phone with video, so I can upload what I see. My old camera phone just doen't cut it anymore ;)
Creewoman05 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-21-2007, 09:41 PM   #2
M...O...T...to the S!

Items Present
middle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond repute
middle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 829.86
Savings: 1.00
i was also at that powwow..it was nice....and small ..cozy....no long line ups for the washroom... i got my salmon..tho i wished i could just buy salmon..no veggies rice or bannock..i could eat a whole salmon by myself..if i knew you were goin to be there.... i woulda talked to you...we're planning on going to lilwat...mount currie..ive never been there and i havent camped in a while..ill have to bring my shnagging blankie..aye..are you going there? i did see you..you look lovely...
middle of the sky is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-21-2007, 09:50 PM   #3
Banned

Creewoman05 is a splendid one to beholdCreewoman05 is a splendid one to beholdCreewoman05 is a splendid one to beholdCreewoman05 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle of the sky View Post
i was also at that powwow..it was nice....and small ..cozy....no long line ups for the washroom... i got my salmon..tho i wished i could just buy salmon..no veggies rice or bannock..i could eat a whole salmon by myself..if i knew you were goin to be there.... i woulda talked to you...we're planning on going to lilwat...mount currie..ive never been there and i havent camped in a while..ill have to bring my shnagging blankie..aye..are you going there? i did see you..you look lovely...
Thanks for your nice words mots! Lucky you, going up to Mount Currie! No camping gear or ride here. I am sticking to "transit accesible" powwows

Bet you will be doing that huh eh? teepee creeping?
Old 05-21-2007, 10:04 PM   #4
M...O...T...to the S!

Items Present
middle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond repute
middle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond repute
ima little rusty... i dont drive... so its mostly powwows by translink ...ill have to see if my mom or her friend will go up...ill pitch in for gas...will probaly will regret it if its cold n rainy...so then ill be forced to shnag...aye jk jk...so youll be at north van...i wanted to go there but the princess wants to go up there...i think theres a rodeo....so maybe indian cowboys will win out...
Old 05-22-2007, 11:51 AM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle of the sky View Post
ima little rusty... i dont drive... so its mostly powwows by translink ...ill have to see if my mom or her friend will go up...ill pitch in for gas...will probaly will regret it if its cold n rainy...so then ill be forced to shnag...aye jk jk...so youll be at north van...i wanted to go there but the princess wants to go up there...i think theres a rodeo....so maybe indian cowboys will win out...

I am so in the same situation as you, translink is my broomstick now *LMAO* Yep the one dayer in North Van on the 1st for me, and there is also something at the friendship center on the 29th.
Old 05-23-2007, 01:59 PM   #6
Teen Dancer

Ol'Girl has a reputation beyond reputeOl'Girl has a reputation beyond reputeOl'Girl has a reputation beyond reputeOl'Girl has a reputation beyond reputeOl'Girl has a reputation beyond reputeOl'Girl has a reputation beyond reputeOl'Girl has a reputation beyond reputeOl'Girl has a reputation beyond reputeOl'Girl has a reputation beyond reputeOl'Girl has a reputation beyond reputeOl'Girl has a reputation beyond reputeOl'Girl has a reputation beyond reputeOl'Girl has a reputation beyond reputeOl'Girl has a reputation beyond reputeOl'Girl has a reputation beyond reputeOl'Girl has a reputation beyond reputeOl'Girl has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creewoman05 View Post
I am so in the same situation as you, translink is my broomstick now *LMAO* Yep the one dayer in North Van on the 1st for me, and there is also something at the friendship center on the 29th.
Holay, Creewoman and Mid-Sky!

Do all your molecules re-join in the proper order when you arrive? Translink...Beam me up, Scottie!

Ol'Girl is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-23-2007, 02:12 PM   #7
M...O...T...to the S!

Items Present
Talking

we have technical diffilculties boarding the skytrain... my butt and head got switched but no one could tell the difference..
Sponsored Links