Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Talk > Pow Wow Trip Reports West Coast Pow Wow Cruise Trip Report West Coast Pow Wow Cruise Trip Report

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-28-2006, 01:56 PM   #1
Webmaster

Items PresentUser Name Style ChangeSteal PointsCake
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Paul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond repute
Paul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 9,940.82
Savings: 0.00
West Coast Pow Wow Cruise Trip Report

We're on the ship! It's Thursday about an hour until the Pow Wow.

So far we have had an absolutely great time!

There are about 130 people here with the Pow Wow group including Trena (Singing Otter) andher mother, Derick and Lita Matthews, Spike Draper and his family, Maury Porer, Arvel Bird, and many more!

We'll be shooting photos and videos today and recording some interviews today.

Look for more info from the cruise soon!

But for now, I'll tell everyone this, you have to go on one of these! We're loving it!! And already making plans for the next one!
Paul G is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-28-2006, 05:33 PM   #2
Peace n Mutton Grease

Nezbah has a reputation beyond repute
Nezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 511.00
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul G
We're on the ship! It's Thursday about an hour until the Pow Wow.

So far we have had an absolutely great time!

There are about 130 people here with the Pow Wow group including Trena (Singing Otter) andher mother, Derick and Lita Matthews, Spike Draper and his family, Maury Porer, Arvel Bird, and many more!

We'll be shooting photos and videos today and recording some interviews today.

Look for more info from the cruise soon!

But for now, I'll tell everyone this, you have to go on one of these! We're loving it!! And already making plans for the next one!

Paul,

Having dealt with David (even pre-linda years) and Linda for the past few years, I know the PWC is awesome, that's why I help him sell it. I am one of the only native travel agents out there, you can even ask him about it. :D. But the one you have to go on is the Alaska PWC which happens every 2 years, next one I think is in 2008. Then of course the East Coast one on the Carribbean. But I arrange most of the air/hotel and pre/post cruise stuff for him. David and I coordinate our marketing efforts so..... its all good there. Glad your having fun. I would have been there but I had to work . I might try for the East one next year. I know these ships like the back of my hand, since I sell them, so he only uses the newer ones. . I even have David's videos from previous years, let me know if you want some copies of those.

Well be safe and have fun!!

Molly, Native Paths Travel Service

EMAIL ME for GON 2014 Special Hotel, Air, and Car Rates...limited availability. Powwow special rates across the US and Canada. I also offer great vacation, business, and specialty fares to every destination in the world! Email for the rates
[email protected]
Nezbah is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-29-2006, 04:59 PM   #3
BOULDERDASH!

Coyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond repute
Coyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 396.55
This Tune comes 2 Mind.....

"For a Three Hour Tour......"
"She also has a very soft skin. The only trouble with snake women is they copulate with horses, which makes them strange to me. She say's she doesn't. That's why I call her "Doesn't Like Horses". But, of course, she's lying."
Coyot_In_The_House is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-29-2006, 05:00 PM   #4
BOULDERDASH!

Coyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond repute
Coyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 396.55
This Tune comes 2 Mind.....

"For a Three Hour Tour......"
"She also has a very soft skin. The only trouble with snake women is they copulate with horses, which makes them strange to me. She say's she doesn't. That's why I call her "Doesn't Like Horses". But, of course, she's lying."
Coyot_In_The_House is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-29-2006, 10:19 PM   #5
Webmaster

Paul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond repute
Paul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond repute
We're back! But we are still in California. We'll post info and pictures soon!
Old 10-02-2006, 10:38 AM   #6
Webmaster

We're back home! I'll post a final report and photos soon!
Old 10-02-2006, 12:24 PM   #7
Gotz ta be me!

Singing Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond repute
Singing Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Hurrup wif da pics!!! hehehe

You guys I had a blast. This is something I definitely want to do again.
Old 10-02-2006, 12:36 PM   #8
We'll See....

kiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond repute
kiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
I'm trying to talk my husband into going on the Alaska Cruise. But he is all scared, cuz of those dateline news stories. LOL

so everyone, post so good stuff, so I can tell him how fun it will be.....
kiyaanii mom is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-02-2006, 05:39 PM   #9
Webmaster

Kelli and I did this same cruise (different ship) for our honeymoon 10 years ago. We loved it then. But we always said it would be much more fun with friends. And with Pow Wow Cruise you have over 100 friends that come on board with you!

Monday we boarded the MS Paradise and had a relaxing time as the ship set sail. Everyone from the Pow Wow group met and had chance to talk before things got started.

Then it was time for dinner! Dinner on a cruise is incredible. The food is outstanding, and you get order as much as you want! We had Lobster Tails, Filet Migon, Prime Rib, Beef Wellington, Prawns, Sweet and Sour Shrimp, Grand Marnier Souffle, Cheesecakes, Baked Alaska, and more!

And everyone from the Pow Wow was seated in the same section. So we were all able to visit with each other. Each night the waiters also put on a show for everyone with dancing and singing, and several people from the group jumped in with them!

Tuesday we woke off the coast of Catlina Island. This is a small, beautiful island 26 miles from Long Beach. The city on the island is Avalon, and it is only 1 square mile in size. The rest of the island is in a preserve. The wildlife on the island includes a herd of buffalo, bald eagles, sea lions, and full array of flowers and trees.

You were able to tour the city on your own or take several of the planned excursions from Carnival that included snorkling, boat rides, scuba, submarine ride, bus tours, and more.

Kelli and I took a bus tour of the town and surrounding areas. The tour also stopped at the Wrigley Memorial. Wrigley (of chewing gum fame) purchased the island for $5,000,000 in the early 1900's.

Tuesday evening was formal night and everyone was dressed in their best!

Wednesday we docked in Ensenada Mexico. Kelli and I decided to stay on the ship and enjoy the onboard activities. We started our morning with breakfast in our stateroom. Then we both went to the spa. Kelli had her nails done and I had a fantastic massage!

Afterwords we hung out on the deck for awhile and enjoyed people watching! I tried to compete in a putt putt tournament, but played horrible. It's hard to putt with the ship is moving! We played in a trivia contest and then went to the In the Bag game. Sally, a carnival employee, calls out items and the first person to produce the item wins points for their team. This was a lot of fun and actually ended with me wearing lipstick. But I personally contributed 120 points for my team during the game!

Thursday morning was the Pow Wow on the Veranda Deck.

After the Pow Wow Murray Porter and Arvel Bird and Eagle performed.

The trip was great! And there is so much more that happens on the ship too!

We'll definatly be on another Pow Wow Cruise. We loved meeting new friends, getting to know people better and celebrating 10 years of marriage and 10 years of PowWows.com.

Thanks David and Linda for a great trip! Thanks to everyone on the Pow Wow Cruise for a memorable week.

For all the photos of the week, please visit:
http://www.powwows.com/galleries/sho...ry.php?cat=566

I'll have video online soon.

Last edited by Paul G; 10-02-2006 at 05:48 PM..
Old 10-02-2006, 07:10 PM   #10
were home

Items GuitarElephantPresentPresent
Credits: 30,091.23
2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute
2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute
thank you for showing the many faces of powwow.com cruse
i so injoyed seeing the pic.and the ppl that took the time to be together in person and spirit.
thank you again
Old 10-02-2006, 10:59 PM   #11
-summer_june-*

**Summer_June** has a reputation beyond repute**Summer_June** has a reputation beyond repute**Summer_June** has a reputation beyond repute
**Summer_June** has a reputation beyond repute**Summer_June** has a reputation beyond repute**Summer_June** has a reputation beyond repute**Summer_June** has a reputation beyond repute**Summer_June** has a reputation beyond repute**Summer_June** has a reputation beyond repute**Summer_June** has a reputation beyond repute**Summer_June** has a reputation beyond repute**Summer_June** has a reputation beyond repute**Summer_June** has a reputation beyond repute**Summer_June** has a reputation beyond repute**Summer_June** has a reputation beyond repute**Summer_June** has a reputation beyond repute**Summer_June** has a reputation beyond repute**Summer_June** has a reputation beyond repute**Summer_June** has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,015.78
Looks like this was a great event! I hope the East Coast Cruise will be just as fun!
Old 10-04-2006, 06:11 PM   #12
Webmaster

The videos from the cruise are now online.

Highlights Video
http://www.powwows.com/galleries/sho...hp?photo=15328

Pow Wow Video
http://www.powwows.com/galleries/sho...hp?photo=15325

Arvel Bird
http://www.powwows.com/galleries/sho...hp?photo=15323

Murray Porter
http://www.powwows.com/galleries/sho...1&limit=recent
Old 12-30-2006, 09:14 PM   #13
M...O...T...to the S!

Items Present
middle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond repute
middle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 829.86
i cant wait to go on the cruise....especially the buffets.... mmm seafood
middle of the sky is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-31-2006, 11:04 AM   #14
...more than a feeling...

~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute
~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute~Journey~ has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 982.39
A Powwow Cruise with no Frybread....WTF?

kidding, glad you all had a wonderful time!
~Journey~ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-03-2007, 10:25 PM   #15
Ready to dance

Items Treasure ChestElephantGuitarPresent
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 63,056.53
OMG, the buffets!!!! Sounds DEElish!!
wyo_rose is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links