PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture

PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture (http://forums.powwows.com/)
-   Games and Polls (http://forums.powwows.com/f46/)
-   -   CUT OFF AGE for HALLOWEEN (http://forums.powwows.com/f46/cut-off-age-halloween-61193/)

APACHEFIRE 10-02-2011 07:18 AM

CUT OFF AGE for HALLOWEEN

ok, i have a problem with adults who TRICK-OR-TREAT as they push along their INFANT in a stroller and no other child in site.

and sometimes i have problems with a gang of the older “kids" of 17-20 who arent even costumed especially if i am running low on goodies for the kids of say, 5-12.

but i do feel bad for the older teens 13-17 if they really still like getting dressed up and dont cause trouble, heck i dont mind giving them goodies too.

what do you think? MULTIPLE VOTING. (sorry, i thought it would say that)

yaahl 10-02-2011 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by APACHEFIRE (Post 1488694)
ok, i have a problem with adults who TRICK-OR-TREAT as they push along their INFANT in a stroller and no other child in site.

and sometimes i have problems with a gang of the older “kids" of 17-20 who arent even costumed especially if i am running low on goodies for the kids of say, 5-12.

but i do feel bad for the older teens 13-17 if they really still like getting dressed up and dont cause trouble, heck i dont mind giving them goodies too.

what do you think?

We have friends who loved Halloween and when they had their daughter, they made her a little pumpkin costume and went door-to-door. The baby was about 3 weeks old. I don't mind parents of babies or older kids. I just buy lots of candy. I find that the kids come within certain times... babies and toddlers at around dinner time, school kids after dinner for about an hour and older kids until about 8 pm...when the candy is gone, the lights go off and hubby and I put on a scary movie and dinner in peace...lol

The best fun for me is decorating the yard...one year a friend who owned a 1960ish hearse, parked it in our driveway and we had a ghoulish tailgate party from it. The kids loved it.

trouble 10-02-2011 04:11 PM

I love costuming....that makes this time of year so much fun for me...i love to make costumes for friends children...and i love the zombie walks that different places have this time of year.....

and so anyone who comes to the door dressed up gets a treat!!!

Joe's Dad 10-02-2011 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trouble (Post 1488781)
I love costuming....that makes this time of year so much fun for me...i love to make costumes for friends children...and i love the zombie walks that different places have this time of year.....

and so anyone who comes to the door dressed up gets a treat!!!

So I rat out my hair so its all bushy. then i spray it white. put on white facepaint, but real thin. blacken my eyes somewhat. a little red near the jaws. some om my hands.

Then a stingy-brimmed Stetson, a green polyester jacket. the grren like the Masters jacket. and ugly 1960s tie. A pair fo black slacks and my Stacy Adams.

I'm friggen zombie ugly! :lol:

Last year i did that and rode my bike around. I used to go to the bars and try to find me a dance partner. Once this girl pulled my hair cuz she thought it was a wig. Owww!

Trick or treat! Can I have some candy, little girl? hahahaaa

neling4 10-02-2011 06:55 PM

I plan to sit outside with my cauldron full of candy giving it out to whoever shows up. :pumpking:

Halloween is my favorite holiday: No stress or work and lots of fun.

Zeke 10-02-2011 07:36 PM

If you're willing to dress, I'll give you a treat.

Further, if you're an attractive and eligible female -- preferably dressed as a French maid, cigarette girl, Elvira or Playboy bunny -- then I've got something "special" for you...

Eagle Plumes 10-02-2011 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by APACHEFIRE (Post 1488694)

what do you think?

I did the stroller thing with my oldest only because I was so proud of how cute my boy was and could not wait to show him off lol it had nothing to do with candy lol..

lbgood 10-02-2011 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke (Post 1488806)

Further, if you're an attractive and eligible female -- preferably dressed as a French maid, cigarette girl, Elvira or Playboy bunny -- then I've got something "special" for you...

:eek2:

APACHEFIRE 10-02-2011 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lbgood (Post 1488816)
:eek2:

yeah..ditto!

( now where did SOOPA put my maids outfit? )

neling4 10-03-2011 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by APACHEFIRE (Post 1488829)
yeah..ditto!

( now where did SOOPA put my maids outfit? )

I think he's wearing it.

yaahl 10-03-2011 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neling4 (Post 1488898)
I think he's wearing it.

*snicker* LOL

Eagle Plumes 10-03-2011 09:37 AM

@ yaahl

is that a naughty snicker I hear lol

CandaePrincess 10-03-2011 09:39 AM

our house is the one everyone comes to. the hubs makes his own decorations and we have the fog machine and dry ice the scary music, candles...etc. People will come and bring their kids and take pics with the decorations. I'm thinking this year we might get the giant spiders they have at walgreens. Usually end up going through too much candy....our street can hold cars on either side so it's packed. there used to be a guy who would dress up like Michael Meyers and walk up and down the street. *L* I think last year we bought the huge bags of candy (all total 15 or 16 bags) and still didn't have any left. Now the neighbors are getting into it as well and decorating. It's pretty fun! :)

Eagle Plumes 10-03-2011 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke (Post 1488806)

Even better a attractive and eligible female dressed in a French maid outfit smokeing cigarettes that looks like Elvira or a Palyboy bunny. lol teasing

ac_miss 10-03-2011 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CandaePrincess (Post 1488971)
our house is the one everyone comes to. the hubs makes his own decorations and we have the fog machine and dry ice the scary music, candles...etc. People will come and bring their kids and take pics with the decorations. I'm thinking this year we might get the giant spiders they have at walgreens. Usually end up going through too much candy....our street can hold cars on either side so it's packed. there used to be a guy who would dress up like Michael Meyers and walk up and down the street. *L* I think last year we bought the huge bags of candy (all total 15 or 16 bags) and still didn't have any left. Now the neighbors are getting into it as well and decorating. It's pretty fun! :)

Sounds fun! I'd come to your house just to see. Anyhow, I, too, give a treat to anyone who wears a costume. I think it's really fun.

*Brown Eyed Gurl* 10-03-2011 05:43 PM

i buy shytty candy for the older teens and give the good stuff to the under 12 crowd

RDNKJ 10-03-2011 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *Brown Eyed Gurl* (Post 1489119)
i buy shytty candy for the older teens and give the good stuff to the under 12 crowd

:hysterica

RDNKJ 10-03-2011 09:59 PM

I like to give to the younger ones. Get very far past puberty and I think you should have better things to do. Dress up in costumes and go party with your friends. Leave the candy for the younger ones.

If ya come during the same times as the younger ones, ya get candy - even parents if they want. But once the little ones stop coming, the lights go off.

APACHEFIRE 10-23-2011 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CandaePrincess (Post 1488971)

MAN I SHOULD be living on YOUR block! i am the only one, so far, on this cul-de-sac that has decorations up. of course its government housing for elderly & disabled, and i know we are all on a tight budget. but still. i have 7 those three foot tall skelletons dangling all over my yard and stoop. different pumpkin decorations with them, and ghosts, one a sheet covering my potted tree (4ft). i also have those orange mini lights strung around, bats hanging on suction cups on my window with hot orange curtains. i have a light back drop at night. i love halloween!
Quote:

Originally Posted by neling4 (Post 1488898)
I think he's wearing it.

oh..i KNOW SOOPAS wearing it! **laugin**
Quote:

Originally Posted by *Brown Eyed Gurl* (Post 1489119)

**laughin big time** i like to be different, so i hardly give out candy. i either make decorated cupcakes, popcorn balls, or give out rubber snakes and insects (5”). this year i am handing out cans of ORANGE CRUSH i will put in those clear decorated bags.

neling4 10-23-2011 09:45 PM

I found some "Very Evil Eyes". You put batteries in them and stick them on the inside of your windows and they glow and blink. I have purple eyeballs and green eyeballs. :tongue: