Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree2710Likes

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat > Games and Polls Drop a word, add a word! Drop a word, add a word!

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-30-2008, 07:18 PM   #27261
Domasi

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Domasi has a reputation beyond repute
Domasi has a reputation beyond reputeDomasi has a reputation beyond reputeDomasi has a reputation beyond reputeDomasi has a reputation beyond reputeDomasi has a reputation beyond reputeDomasi has a reputation beyond reputeDomasi has a reputation beyond reputeDomasi has a reputation beyond reputeDomasi has a reputation beyond reputeDomasi has a reputation beyond reputeDomasi has a reputation beyond reputeDomasi has a reputation beyond reputeDomasi has a reputation beyond reputeDomasi has a reputation beyond reputeDomasi has a reputation beyond reputeDomasi has a reputation beyond reputeDomasi has a reputation beyond reputeDomasi has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 1.00
Dance Alloy

"Dance Alloy is a modern dance repertory company based in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

It was established in 1976 at the University of Pittsburgh as a collective of eight dancers. Dance Alloy moved off campus in 1980, and two years later Susan Gillis and Elsa Limbach, both original collective members, were named co-artistic directors. Limbach became sole artistic director in 1984 and moved the company to studio space in the Carnegie Museums of Pittsburgh.

Mark Taylor became artistic director in 1991 and the company continued to grow, touring extensively both nationally and internationally, and offering dance classes in the community. In 1995 it expanded again, under the executive director Stephanie Flom, building its own state-of-the-art studios and employing six full-time dancers as well as numerous technical staff and arts administrators.

Dance Alloy's repertory has included works by Lynn Dally, Mark Dendy, Eiko & Koma, Bill T. Jones, JosÚ Limˇn, Victoria Marks, Charles Moulton, Douglas Nielson, Tere O'Connor, Pilobolus, and Elizabeth Streb.

Since 2003 Beth Corning is the artistic director of the company."
which runs across the grass and loses
itself in the sunset."
Domasi is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-30-2008, 07:23 PM   #27262
Me & Eyes are the best !

Items DevilPresent
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 72,631.62
metal alloy

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
wardancer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-30-2008, 07:33 PM   #27263
Domasi

Domasi has a reputation beyond reputeDomasi has a reputation beyond reputeDomasi has a reputation beyond reputeDomasi has a reputation beyond reputeDomasi has a reputation beyond reputeDomasi has a reputation beyond reputeDomasi has a reputation beyond reputeDomasi has a reputation beyond reputeDomasi has a reputation beyond reputeDomasi has a reputation beyond reputeDomasi has a reputation beyond reputeDomasi has a reputation beyond reputeDomasi has a reputation beyond reputeDomasi has a reputation beyond reputeDomasi has a reputation beyond reputeDomasi has a reputation beyond reputeDomasi has a reputation beyond reputeDomasi has a reputation beyond repute
Alloy Analyzer

"In computer science and software engineering, the Alloy Analyzer is a software tool which can be used to analyze specifications written in the Alloy specification language.[1] The Analyzer can generate instances of model invariants, simulate the execution of operations defined as part of the model, and check user-specified properties of a model. The Alloy Analyzer supports the analysis of partial models. As a result, it can perform incremental analysis of models as they are constructed, and provide immediate feedback to users.

The Alloy Analyzer, and the associated Alloy language, were developed by a team led by Daniel Jackson at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in the United States."
itself in the sunset."
Old 12-01-2008, 01:46 AM   #27264
Standing Rock

Items PresentDevilElephant
Credits: 92,507.18
xTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond repute
xTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond repute
Breath Analyzer

A breath analyzer, or breathalyzer, is a battery-operated device that can reveal a person's blood alcohol content (BAC) by sampling the breath. Professional models, not much larger than a deck of playing cards, provide quick, accurate results displayed digitally in a LED window.
xTekno is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-01-2008, 06:22 AM   #27265
Domasi

Breath Mark

"A breath mark or luftpause or, for bowed instruments, a bow lift, is a symbol used in musical notation. It directs the performer of the music passage to take a breath (for wind instruments and vocalists) or to make a slight pause (for non-wind instruments). For bowed instruments, it means to lift the bow. This pause is normally intended to affect the duration of the preceding note and not the tempo. It is usually placed above the staff and at the ends of phrases. Its function is analogous to the comma in several written languages. Indeed, the two symbols look identical."
itself in the sunset."
Old 12-01-2008, 07:07 AM   #27266
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 132,920.10
Mark Twain

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Joe's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-01-2008, 08:05 AM   #27267
Head Dancer

caity has a reputation beyond reputecaity has a reputation beyond reputecaity has a reputation beyond repute
caity has a reputation beyond reputecaity has a reputation beyond reputecaity has a reputation beyond reputecaity has a reputation beyond reputecaity has a reputation beyond reputecaity has a reputation beyond reputecaity has a reputation beyond reputecaity has a reputation beyond reputecaity has a reputation beyond reputecaity has a reputation beyond reputecaity has a reputation beyond reputecaity has a reputation beyond reputecaity has a reputation beyond reputecaity has a reputation beyond reputecaity has a reputation beyond reputecaity has a reputation beyond reputecaity has a reputation beyond reputecaity has a reputation beyond reputecaity has a reputation beyond repute
check mark

caity is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-01-2008, 08:07 AM   #27268
Domasi

Mark Lee

"Mark Charles Lee USAF Colonel, (born August 14, 1952) is a former NASA astronaut who flew on four Space Shuttle missions. He retired from the Air Force and NASA on July 1, 2001"
itself in the sunset."
Old 12-01-2008, 08:12 AM   #27269
Head Dancer

caity has a reputation beyond reputecaity has a reputation beyond reputecaity has a reputation beyond repute
caity has a reputation beyond reputecaity has a reputation beyond reputecaity has a reputation beyond reputecaity has a reputation beyond reputecaity has a reputation beyond reputecaity has a reputation beyond reputecaity has a reputation beyond reputecaity has a reputation beyond reputecaity has a reputation beyond reputecaity has a reputation beyond reputecaity has a reputation beyond reputecaity has a reputation beyond reputecaity has a reputation beyond reputecaity has a reputation beyond reputecaity has a reputation beyond reputecaity has a reputation beyond reputecaity has a reputation beyond reputecaity has a reputation beyond reputecaity has a reputation beyond repute
General Lee

Old 12-01-2008, 08:34 AM   #27270
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 132,920.10
Lee Marvin

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Joe's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-01-2008, 10:22 AM   #27271
Domasi

Marvin Aday

"Michael Lee Aday (born Marvin Lee Aday; September 27, 1947[1]), better known by his stage name Meat Loaf, is an American rock musician and actor of stage and screen. He is noted for the Bat out of Hell album trilogy that he created consisting of Bat out of Hell, Bat out of Hell II: Back into Hell, and Bat out of Hell III: The Monster Is Loose and several famous songs from popular films. The Neverland Express is the name of the band he fronts as its lead singer. In 2001, he changed his first name to Michael. [2][3] Despite setbacks (including multiple bankruptcies), Meat Loaf has had a successful music career, spawning some of the largest-selling albums, and breaking several records for chart duration. Bat out of Hell, the debut album which had been four years in the making, has sold over 43 million copies[4]. After more than 30 years, it still sells an estimated 200,000 copies annually, and stayed on the charts for over 9 years. [5][6]

Although he enjoyed success with Bat out of Hell and Bat out of Hell II: Back into Hell, Meat Loaf experienced some initial difficulty establishing a steady career within his native United States; however, he has retained iconic status and popularity in Europe, especially the UK, where he ranks 23rd for number of weeks overall spent on the charts, and is one of only two artists with an album never to have left the music charts.[citation needed] With the help of his New York collection of musicians — John Golden, Richard Raskin and Paul Jacobs — his European tours enjoyed immense popularity in the 1980s. In Germany, Meat Loaf became notably popular following the release of Bat out of Hell II but has enjoyed most of his success among pop/rock fans. He ranked 96th on VH1's '100 Greatest Artists of Hard Rock'.

Meat Loaf has also appeared in over 50 movies or television shows[7] sometimes as himself, or as characters resembling his stage persona. His most notable roles include Eddie in The Rocky Horror Picture Show, and Robert "Bob" Paulson in Fight Club, credited as "Meat Loaf Aday". He also made an appearance in Tenacious D in The Pick of Destiny, playing JB's father. In 2007 Meat Loaf granted filmmaker Bruce David Klein exclusive access for a backstage documentary, Meat Loaf: In Search of Paradise, shot in February 2007 at the beginning of the singer's tour in support of Bat out of Hell III. The film was an official selection of the Montreal World Film Festival in 2007.

Meat Loaf also performs a considerable amount of charity work,[citation needed] and in June 2008 took part in a football penalty shoot-out competition on behalf of two cancer charities in Newcastle, UK. He auctioned shots to the 100 highest bidders and then took his place between the goal posts.[8]"
itself in the sunset."
Old 12-01-2008, 12:36 PM   #27272
Champion Dancer

clk has a reputation beyond reputeclk has a reputation beyond reputeclk has a reputation beyond reputeclk has a reputation beyond reputeclk has a reputation beyond repute
clk has a reputation beyond reputeclk has a reputation beyond reputeclk has a reputation beyond reputeclk has a reputation beyond reputeclk has a reputation beyond reputeclk has a reputation beyond reputeclk has a reputation beyond reputeclk has a reputation beyond reputeclk has a reputation beyond reputeclk has a reputation beyond reputeclk has a reputation beyond reputeclk has a reputation beyond reputeclk has a reputation beyond reputeclk has a reputation beyond reputeclk has a reputation beyond reputeclk has a reputation beyond reputeclk has a reputation beyond reputeclk has a reputation beyond reputeclk has a reputation beyond reputeclk has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 892.03
Savings: 0.00
Marvin Gaye
Old 12-01-2008, 01:00 PM   #27273
Standing Rock

xTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond repute
xTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond repute
Marvin Comic

Marvin is a daily newspaper comic strip created by cartoonist Tom Armstrong and distributed in the U.S. by Hearst's King Features Syndicate. It debuted in 1982. It revolves around the life and times of a young baby boy named Marvin, his father and mother Jeff and Jenny Miller and their dog Bitsy. Other characters include Megan, Marvin's cousin; Janet, her mother and Jenny's sister (she and her husband were divorced); Ming Ming, Janet's adopted daughter from China; and Marvin's grandparents.
Old 12-01-2008, 01:36 PM   #27274
Champion Dancer

charliemom has a reputation beyond reputecharliemom has a reputation beyond reputecharliemom has a reputation beyond reputecharliemom has a reputation beyond reputecharliemom has a reputation beyond reputecharliemom has a reputation beyond reputecharliemom has a reputation beyond reputecharliemom has a reputation beyond reputecharliemom has a reputation beyond reputecharliemom has a reputation beyond reputecharliemom has a reputation beyond reputecharliemom has a reputation beyond reputecharliemom has a reputation beyond reputecharliemom has a reputation beyond reputecharliemom has a reputation beyond reputecharliemom has a reputation beyond reputecharliemom has a reputation beyond reputecharliemom has a reputation beyond reputecharliemom has a reputation beyond reputecharliemom has a reputation beyond reputecharliemom has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,232.00
Comic book
Old 12-01-2008, 01:59 PM   #27275
Domasi

Comic Notrump

"In contract bridge, Gardener or comic notrump is an overcall of 1NT denoting either a 15-18 balanced hand (as natural), or a weak hand with a long suit (6 card). It is named after British player Nico Gardener. The partner, if interested in game, should check the "seriousness" of the overcall by bidding 2♣, and the overcaller responds 2NT with real notrump overcall, and corrects to a suit (or passes with clubs) if weak.

It dates back to the times when jump overcalls denoted intermediate or strong hands with a single suit. The convention presents a psychic bid with control, thus it can be subject to restrictions for use on certain levels of competition."
itself in the sunset."
Old 12-01-2008, 02:02 PM   #27276
Champion Dancer

charliemom has a reputation beyond reputecharliemom has a reputation beyond reputecharliemom has a reputation beyond reputecharliemom has a reputation beyond reputecharliemom has a reputation beyond reputecharliemom has a reputation beyond reputecharliemom has a reputation beyond reputecharliemom has a reputation beyond reputecharliemom has a reputation beyond reputecharliemom has a reputation beyond reputecharliemom has a reputation beyond reputecharliemom has a reputation beyond reputecharliemom has a reputation beyond reputecharliemom has a reputation beyond reputecharliemom has a reputation beyond reputecharliemom has a reputation beyond reputecharliemom has a reputation beyond reputecharliemom has a reputation beyond reputecharliemom has a reputation beyond reputecharliemom has a reputation beyond reputecharliemom has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,232.00
Comic relief
Old 12-01-2008, 02:06 PM   #27277
Head Dancer

Items Cake
timmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond repute
timmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond repute
Location: where ever there are babies or children you can find me
Credits: 8,331.92
Unknown comic
timmy tiger is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-01-2008, 02:23 PM   #27278
Head Dancer

unknown entity

Old 12-01-2008, 02:30 PM   #27279
Domasi

Entity Bean

"An Entity Bean is a type of Enterprise JavaBean, a server-side J2EE component, that represents persistent data maintained in a database. An entity bean can manage its own persistence (Bean managed persistence) or can delegate this function to its EJB Container (Container managed persistence). An entity bean is identified by a primary key. If the container in which an entity bean is hosted crashes, the entity bean, its primary key, and any remote references survive the crash.

In EJB 3.0, entity beans were superseded by the Java Persistence API.

Entity Beans before EJB 2.0 should not be used in great numbers[1] because each entity bean was in fact a RMI stub with its own RMI connection to the EJB server. If you had to obtain 1000 entity beans for a single operation this would result in 1000 internet connections becoming used for the RMI back-end[citation needed]. Since TCP/IP only supports 65536 ports you are essentially limited to using 65536 entity beans at a time. For example, if a client application wanted to monitor the state of 1024 database entries it would take 1024 entity bean references and thus 1024 RMI connections to the EJB server, the EJB server would in turn need to support all 1024 connections from each client application, and would be limited to serving at most 64 client applications at which point all further internet connections would be ignored. These limitations are impossible to overcome when using entity beans over RMI."
itself in the sunset."
Old 12-01-2008, 02:47 PM   #27280
Standing Rock

jumping bean

The vast southwest desert region of North America contains many fascinating wild plants, but none are more intriguing than the Mexican jumping bean. Jumping beans are commonly sold in novelty shops and by street vendors on both sides of the border, and probably everyone has marveled at their erratic movements, or heard a fabulous tale about them. In the regions where they grow wild, they are often collected by children and sold to local dealers who export them to the United States. The actual jumping "bean" is not a bean at all. It is produced by a native shrub or small tree that grows wild in the deserts of mainland Mexico and in the rugged Cape region of Baja California.
Sponsored Links