Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat > Games and Polls Ole Skool knowledge Ole Skool knowledge

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-27-2005, 12:18 PM   #1
Junior Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Raven RainWater is a jewel in the rough
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Talking Ole Skool knowledge

I love visits with my grandmother. She is the funniest person I know with all her sayings. So I wondered (hmm)who else has some "Ole Skool" wisdom to pass on? For example the saying

Every dog has it's day and a good one has two!

Another example...

The pot can't talk about the skillet when they both need scrubbin
Old 06-28-2005, 01:33 PM   #2
PowWows.com Addicts

~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute
~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute
Any points for posting in this game???

If two suns rise, your on the wrong planet!~

But I've been told it's the other way around!
~pathwalker~ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-28-2005, 10:21 PM   #3
Junior Dancer

Question Knew to this forum.Did'nt know you could get points

Eh..I didn't know you could have points for posting. How/who does that? Me or the Webmaster?

I like the/your cliche.

"You attract more flies with Sugar than you do salt."

All though I have heard variations on this one
Old 06-28-2005, 10:29 PM   #4
Tiny Tot Dancer

White_Shield will become famous soon enough
Location: North Dakota Native born. Residing in Colorado Springs CO. for now.
Wink

Grandma told me when breaking up with my man.....
"There's more fish in the sea" That helped me out with my sore heart.
And I sure enough found boyfriend to help me mend my heart.
Old 06-29-2005, 12:26 PM   #5
PowWows.com Addicts

~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute
~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenrainwater32
Eh..I didn't know you could have points for posting. How/who does that? Me or the Webmaster?

I like the/your cliche.

"You attract more flies with Sugar than you do salt."

All though I have heard variations on this one
Yep. I just noticed that you were new, Heres a short rundown: You get points automatically for almost everything you do. Right now you only have 1500+ points for your postings, you get 5 points for posting on someone else's threads and two points for posting on your own, (I think its 2 points) But for peeps posting on your thread (this one) you get ten points and more for certain amounts. Its all under the FAQ's section you can click on above. What I meant was you can also donate your points to other people. That usually makes a game worth playing (unless you are just bored or addicted to them, lol...) So I was asking in a joking way was there a "Prize" for posting here. You dont have enuff points to give prizes out yet and by the time you do....you will know how it all works. If you need any assistance dont hesitate to ask.

Old 06-29-2005, 10:11 PM   #6
Junior Dancer

Smile Thanks--(@

Oh okay,thanks. I love your avatar.Now I really miss my dog.

I thought up the thread when I was talking to one of my kiddos. Actually yelling. I have a teenager, who does'nt have a "Pot to p!ss in,or a window to throw it out of"....I love my Grandmother an her sayings/cliches.

Hey I appreciate your offer of help. I need all the help I can get!
Old 06-30-2005, 12:29 PM   #7
PowWows.com Addicts

Talking

No Prob, Anything for a Choctaw Sista! Just PM me or post here If ya need me to help with anything. Most things can be found in FAQ's at top of page but its sometimes easier just to ask.
I love all the sayings too. My hubby has a bunch of them passed down from his Mother and Grandmother, I will post them here when he thinks of them. I asked him yesterday and although he is always saying them he drew a blank, pressure I guess, lol. My moms only advice was "Dont get pregnant" *Rolls eyes* and my Grandma passed from cancer when I was in 4th grade. So I dont have many of them from my side of the family. Welcome to the site and I hope you stick around and enjoy it.

BTW- I just made the first one up cause we were talking about that show smallville when I read your thread. lol... (Superman had two suns. Silly, I know.)

Last edited by ~pathwalker~; 06-30-2005 at 12:32 PM..
Old 06-30-2005, 07:24 PM   #8
Junior Dancer

Wink One of my favorites

"Don't write a check your behind can't cash"

I really love that one. (lol) When your husband thinks of some you make sure to post,with my kids..I need fresh material.

Thanks(4 everything) Sis,
Raye
Old 07-01-2005, 12:02 PM   #9
PowWows.com Addicts

I gave my son a hint.
On his room door I put a sign "CHECKOUT TIME IS 18".

Old 07-01-2005, 12:03 PM   #10
PowWows.com Addicts

"No one ever says 'It's only a game', when their team is
winning."

Old 07-01-2005, 12:04 PM   #11
PowWows.com Addicts

Ever notice that people who spend money on beer, cigarettes,
and lottery tickets are always complaining about being broke
and not feeling well?

Old 07-01-2005, 12:05 PM   #12
PowWows.com Addicts

I married my husband for his looks...
but not the ones he's been giving me lately!

Old 07-01-2005, 12:05 PM   #13
PowWows.com Addicts

I am a nobody,
nobody is perfect,
therefore I am perfect.

Old 07-01-2005, 12:06 PM   #14
PowWows.com Addicts

If carrots are so good for the eyes, how come I see so many
dead rabbits on the highway?

Old 07-02-2005, 12:25 AM   #15
PowWows.com Addicts

How are these Raven???

Old 07-05-2005, 11:32 PM   #16
Junior Dancer

Lightbulb I have to think of some

I love them all!! Now we are trying to think of some. It's to late to call grandma & ask.

My husband says his grandmother used to tell him "You go to Hell for lying the same as you do for stealing"
Old 07-05-2005, 11:41 PM   #17
PowWows.com Addicts

And thats soo true!
Ill post some more in a little while.

Old 07-08-2005, 11:10 PM   #18
little bird

little bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond repute
little bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond reputelittle bird has a reputation beyond repute
Savings: 1.00
"There outta be a law!"
"Pay cash for it, or you don't need it!"
AHHHH...grandmother!
Old 07-08-2005, 11:20 PM   #19
*~the REAL me~*

Joe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond repute
Joe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond repute
Don't plant your seeds in another man's garden! (old family saying)
what one man can steal..so can another (ditto)
better to remain silent and be thought a fool..then open your mouth and remove all doubt!
If it sounds too good to be true....it is!
Joe G is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-09-2005, 01:37 PM   #20
Junior Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonah04
Don't plant your seeds in another man's garden! (old family saying)
what one man can steal..so can another (ditto)
better to remain silent and be thought a fool..then open your mouth and remove all doubt!
If it sounds too good to be true....it is!
If it sounds to good to be true!!! Yep that's mine.
Someone is giving a dog away my kids want.For free.My question....why? (LOL)..