PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture

PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture (http://forums.powwows.com/)
-   Games and Polls (http://forums.powwows.com/f46/)
-   -   Pet Peeves Game (http://forums.powwows.com/f46/pet-peeves-game-64693/)

Ketzalitzli 08-20-2012 12:57 PM

Pet Peeves Game

Post your pet peeves..

When people say, "guess what.......(silence)......NEVERMIND"

:idiot:

RestlessN8iv 08-20-2012 02:55 PM

When people call and ask "what are you doing?" If I thought it was any of their business I would have called them.

Chevy_truckin_NDN 08-20-2012 03:03 PM

When someone is working for tips, but gets the order wrong, and then forgets to come back and check on us....I'm not saying hang on to my every word, but be conscientious enough to know where your money is coming from. I know it's not the bus boy in the back teasing with you...

Itzhecatl 08-20-2012 03:54 PM

When a bartender asks for a tip!

My tip was "if you ask, you wont get one"

Ketzalitzli 08-20-2012 05:22 PM

When I tell a caller that the person they are looking for is on another call and ask them to leave a voicemail and they say..."well maybe you can help me.." and it turns out to be a VERY involved legal question that I am NOT qualified to answer and my phone is ringing off the hook.

I always wish I could say, "I love to help, but my advise might land you in jail.. just leave a message!" LOL

Zeke 08-20-2012 05:51 PM

Natives who believe fry bread is traditional food.

Toolbox 08-20-2012 05:55 PM

When someone mumbles something to you and you ask them to repeat themselves and they say "I didn't say anything" or "Never mind"....

Ketzalitzli 08-20-2012 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke (Post 1546069)

Ehh.. food is food.. But your right its not traditional but ppl still pay $7 for one at the powwows and the bread doesn't even have to be that good. lol

My pet peeve on frybread: once someone knows you can make it (or really that you can cook well period) they ask you to do it ALL THE TIME...

Toolbox 08-20-2012 06:27 PM

Well Frybread has become a tradition at powwows.... LOL

Another pet peeve - too much bureaucracy, too many people have to get involved just to get something simple done.

EquaySunshine 08-21-2012 01:17 AM

Baggers at the grocery store. I was just there tonight. Normally I bag my own groceries but I stocked up today and didn't feel like bagging them myself. I'm a little OCD and figured I would let go a bit today. Bad idea...

Do you really think that putting egg noodles under polish kielbasa is a good idea? Or putting yogurt under boxes of pasta will keep the tops from ripping on the yogurt? Or bagging cleaning products with food is a good idea?

Seriously...no common sense in today's youth!

cris_neva 08-22-2012 10:45 AM

When people clip their nails at work....Eww!!

Ketzalitzli 08-22-2012 04:03 PM

When people horde their end of the work til the last minute, then put a stack of files on your desk all at once.. And then say, hey what you been doin all this time? wth, waiting on you! :lol:

Chevy_truckin_NDN 09-06-2012 01:30 PM

grrrrr....when someone leaves 1/4 cup of any drink in the fridge....I mean, go ahead and drink it up, it's okay...but dang, yeah I don't like that. lol

lbgood 09-06-2012 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevy_truckin_NDN (Post 1548238)
grrrrr....when someone leaves 1/4 cup of any drink in the fridge....I mean, go ahead and drink it up, it's okay...but dang, yeah I don't like that. lol

Unless its good hooch, then I'll take the corners LMAO! J/K

My pet peeve is waiting on people, if you say you are going to be ready at a certain time, then get yo azz going ahead of time to be ready at the said time - gawt dang juss leave their azz:smile:

comadre 09-06-2012 02:29 PM

lbgood 09-07-2012 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke (Post 1546069)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toolbox (Post 1546082)
Well Frybread has become a tradition at powwows.... LOL

Yeah - if its done long enuff over time doesn't somethings become tradish. We always hear a certain someones diatribe about things are ever changing and evolving, we juss gotta except it!

I read @Zeke comment and couldn't pass up this opportunity, I swear some peeps juss wanna have it both wayz - sheeez. :eek:

Just terrorizing a bit, no need get all up in my grill:goofy:
I do understand wut you're say'n

Toolbox 09-07-2012 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lbgood (Post 1548312)
Yeah - if its done long enuff over time doesn't somethings become tradish. We always hear a certain someones diatribe about things are ever changing and evolving, we juss gotta except it!

I read @Zeke comment and couldn't pass up this opportunity, I swear some peeps juss wanna have it both wayz - sheeez. :eek:

Just terrorizing a bit, no need get all up in my grill:goofy:
I do understand wut you're say'n

He's got you there @Zeke! LOL

People who compete in their own tribe's powwow... especially when a lot of them will place.

Chevy_truckin_NDN 09-07-2012 06:55 PM

The toilet seat! ugh...please please sir, kindly sir, but the lid up!! lol

comadre 09-07-2012 08:42 PM

comadre 09-08-2012 03:23 PM