PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture

PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture (http://forums.powwows.com/)
-   Games and Polls (http://forums.powwows.com/f46/)
-   -   Romantic Indian Men?? (http://forums.powwows.com/f46/romantic-indian-men-7314/)

LumbeeTurtle 01-02-2003 06:08 PM

Romantic Indian Men??

Somewhere online I saw that Native men weren't very romantic?? Is this true I wondered-- then i thought about my ex-- he was kinda romantic:Heart but i dont know

what's yall's experience with the men-- and guys please stand up 4 urselves

could their non romanticism have something to do with the population decrease?? --- joke

tigger 01-02-2003 06:35 PM

v-day?? what's that??

Lion Lover 01-02-2003 06:37 PM

Hey Lumbee Turtle, being romantic and being horny are two different things!

I wasn't sure which way to vote on this frankly. I voted NO, but could've voted 'when they want something'.

If there's a population decrease it ain't from lack of trying--unless of course you mean us gals are withholding sex because they aren't being romantic. More likely there is a population decrease because of all the tight jeans and underwear guys are wearin'. Heats the little sperm up too much!!!

Anyway, I've had one that would NEVER give me so much as a card EVER. And another who would give me a card or a present only when he wanted something in return. Man, does that suck!

Thought of somethin' else...what about the ones that consider having sex with you the greatest gift and compensation for anything you do for them but never give their hearts or any commitment, just their bodies...

LumbeeTurtle 01-02-2003 07:15 PM

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:Chatter

i guess they should look around and see what they're doin worng:rolleyes:

elviseagle 01-02-2003 07:18 PM

WHERE CAN I FIND ONE??????:Help

Wiky Chick 01-02-2003 07:20 PM

Huh?

romantic Indian men? I've never heard of 'em! I think that's a total myth!

Most of 'em mistake being horny for being romantic!:Cry

LumbeeTurtle 01-02-2003 07:21 PM

where are the guys @??? c'mon yall look good enough defend urselves!!! tell how you've swooned that special lady!!!!

LumbeeTurtle 01-02-2003 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by nuche_tacook
i took my ex to the lake once. we sat in the back of my truck together wrapped in a pendelton and i played my flute for her. she started to cry...
--well if that's not romantic what is?

Wiky Chick 01-02-2003 09:22 PM

Wow!

Well, I stand corrected, Nuche_tacook! It sounds like that was a very romantic evening. *sigh*

However, I still think that romantic Indian Men are very few in number. I don't think that I've met one yet!

(Never say never!)

ogapahndn 01-02-2003 09:42 PM

If any of you indian men are romantic speak up! That way us women on here will know who to go after!!! LOL

Looks like Nuche-tacook is trying to woo the women! You go boy!!!!

MaggieB 01-02-2003 09:53 PM

hahahaha don't make me laugh

romantic indian man. haha the is an oxymoron(sp?) if i ever heard one.

Okay so Sometimes if you got a singer or a flute player they might write a song or sing you to sleep. But olny when they need something. And thry never tell you that they love you. maybe reply :love you too: when you tell them you love them

BTW : did you hear about the native man that loved his wife so much he almost told her!

moose man 01-02-2003 10:22 PM

singers do the best wooen. atleast thats what I been told wene I sang to them. still looking to sing the big song to

RainyDaze49 01-02-2003 10:47 PM

Yup!

Only when they want something LOL

MaggieB 01-02-2003 10:59 PM

Quote:

.... i am unsure of how to respond to your post. all i can say is that i have seen many different things in my life and have seen alot of relationships destroyed. i've seen men and women alike, who i know personally, go 'snag' someone then the other finds out.

what i was talking about is a little of topic, but the point is, the way you wrote sounds to me you have been hurt in the past. maybe once maybe more. i dont know, thats just the feeling i get. ...

nuche,
sorry if you thought that was directed towards you but it wasn't

actually last febuary Native American Times had an editoroial on Romantic Native Men.
The writer actually called several people and asked that question. Mostly, Their immediate responce was laughter. and well....sometimes...if they have a flute. However Flute playing is a dying art. My boyfriend writes rounddance songs. And when He gets into trouble he normal writes one and sings it to me.

Anyway back to the subject. I really honestly think most native men are not romantic. I don't see it as a problem though. I think they are afraid to show love. I just think us native gals are used to it. And we love our men so much that we just know they love us too.

To Answer you question: I think everyone has been hurt by some one!! it is normal. I was hurt only once. However I was hurt by a white guy. And he was the most romantic fool I have ever met!!
Other than that I think I have hurt a lot of people being a stupid little girl!! Thank god I have grown out of it.

Geez you got me all serious and stuff. I am supposed to be funny. And I answered that thread as a joke!!

SNAGgles 01-02-2003 11:39 PM

Quote:

right on.:Thumbs

i am one of the few trying to preserve and pass on the tradition of the flute.

anyway back to the subject at hand. aye.

fl UTE?

I bet your teaching dem ndn gurls how to play yo fl UTE. AYE J/K :D :p

na vus en ike:D

lilfancygrl 01-02-2003 11:40 PM

tic tac anyone?

When my favorite snag found out where I worked at, he came over during his lunch time (20 miles away). It was rainin' hard and he went in to find me. Unfortunately I was on my lunch break as well and no where to be seen. He left a rose and a card. The card said..."To my new found friend" and at the bottom of the card holder was a GREEN TIC TAC ?!?!?!

Well my favorite snag and I have been together for quite a while. I guess you can call the tic tac being romantic? Or at least it won me over for being most orginal! :2:

Kiwehnzii 01-02-2003 11:43 PM

How do you ladies define romantic?

Holding hands in public? I do that.
Something nice on Valentines day? Dinner on V-day? I do that.
Saying I love you everyday? I do that.
Back rubs? All the time.
Compliment her looks? Always.
Cook for her? Doesn't every body?
Housework without being asked? I even do windows.
Watching chick flicks with her? I don't even tease her when she cries.
I do lots of stuff that my wife likes. I also do stuff that my wife doesn't like.

I'm not an angel. I can be an A-hole too. Nobody is perfect. I'm not whipped either. Sometimes you both have to take the good with the bad. So what if you argue once in awhile. As long as the bad doesn't involve butt-kickin.

Don't expect too much of each other. There's lots of good NDN men out there.

I have heard of only one perfect couple who never, ever argue and that couple is on powwows.com.

LittleCricket 01-03-2003 02:24 AM

one of the little things my husband does that's romantic is :every sunday he walks & gets me a newspaper & it's next to the bed when I wake up..:D ..that's the only day I read the paper..also, whenever I wake him up ,he smiles at me & says "I love you"..:cool: ..now who says native men aren't romantic!!;) ..mine is..and he stills does this after 5 years together!!:p

Sweet Syilx 01-03-2003 03:40 AM

Im sorry, but I have not met a romantic indian man in a coon's age. Remember, horniness is not the same as being romantic. As far as my opinion goes (and it is simply that, JUST my opinion) You native men are sorely lacking. Better watch it, or else us women will find us some helpless little white dude to take your place!!!

(haha, as if, I dont find white men attractive) but for realz, it's time to pull up them socks and get writing some round dance songs :P

R.

luvlumbee 01-03-2003 09:11 AM

hahahhahahaha! I love this!:Chatter :Chatter