Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Are Indian Men Romantic???
Yes, they are the most romantic men anywhere! 28 26.42%
No, they have no idea V-day exists (feb14) 17 16.04%
They kinda are 27 25.47%
Only when they realllllly want something 34 32.08%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat > Games and Polls Romantic Indian Men?? Romantic Indian Men??

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-03-2003, 09:21 AM   #21
LumbeeTurtle

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Quote:
Originally posted by MaggieB

actually last febuary Native American Times had an editoroial on Romantic Native Men.
The writer actually called several people and asked that question. Mostly, Their immediate responce was laughter. and well....sometimes...if they have a flute.

I think that's what i read that prompted this post!
  Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-03-2003, 09:33 AM   #22
Pow Wow Visitor

Renilde is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Hmmmm, met a really nice native guy, in Peru by the way. And definitely romantic. Then few months later I introduced him to one of my best girlfriends, who happened to be in Peru by that time, cause he's a great person and I knew he'ld like to show a friend around and introduce her to the native culture overthere. What happened was that he did more than that.... he was super romantic and nice to her, even so that within a few days the 2 of them fell in love......... so finally found someone really nice and immediately lost my romantic guy to her, ****! But now she says that he also behaves like glue....every where she goes, he's around and every 5 minutes needs to be confirmed in her love for him...... I lost him and she got too much of him: who got the worst deal here? ;-)
Renilde is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-03-2003, 10:22 AM   #23
Arena Director

Smokin' Ace has a reputation beyond repute
Smokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 110.00
I think Indian men are romantic in their own way - they are not like the movies because that's not what they are about - but our men always think of the women - the ones that I have seen anyways. Yeah they're horny as hell too - but it could be worse, ladies! You have a breed of men who never want sex - then ya'll would ***** over that! haha

I dunno. My dad is a hopeless romantic. That's what I was brought up seeing. I tell my husband things that my dad did that made me look at him like I do - I have the utmost respect for how he handled my mother. My husband has become a more romantic person from those stories....he wants to make us work - and he wants me to be happy - that in itself is very romantic.

We have to help our men out - they need to know what you like ladies - as far as romance goes. Trust you me - if you told your man what you liked and didn't like - if he truly loved you - he would do what you liked. Tell them!!!! ;) It works!
Smokin' Ace is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-03-2003, 10:37 AM   #24
Senior Dancer

zeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I have heard of only one perfect couple who never, ever argue and that couple is on powwows.com.
hey, who you talking about kiwehnzii? (and as for the rest of your post, I think I have a crush now... :p )
Old 01-03-2003, 11:55 AM   #25
An URBAN NDN

Singing Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond repute
Singing Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 209.08
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally posted by zeph
hey, who you talking about kiwehnzii? (and as for the rest of your post, I think I have a crush now... :p )
Gee - Kiwehnzii - now I really wanna meet you (and your dear wife)!!!!!!!

BTW - my hubby does the same things Ki. does except for the backrubs - plus he takes me to Red Lobster and gives me flannel Pjs and jewelry.:D
Singing Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-03-2003, 12:24 PM   #26
Junior Dancer

Lapis Queen has a reputation beyond reputeLapis Queen has a reputation beyond reputeLapis Queen has a reputation beyond reputeLapis Queen has a reputation beyond reputeLapis Queen has a reputation beyond reputeLapis Queen has a reputation beyond reputeLapis Queen has a reputation beyond reputeLapis Queen has a reputation beyond reputeLapis Queen has a reputation beyond reputeLapis Queen has a reputation beyond reputeLapis Queen has a reputation beyond reputeLapis Queen has a reputation beyond reputeLapis Queen has a reputation beyond reputeLapis Queen has a reputation beyond reputeLapis Queen has a reputation beyond reputeLapis Queen has a reputation beyond repute
I didn't think that it was possible either. But they are there. My fiance' is definitely a romantic and I love it. There isn't a day that goes by that he doesn't make me feel special. He's always complimenting me especially when he knows I'm working towards a goal. Compliments even more when I might not quite reach them. He takes interest in the things that are important to me. I think the part that makes him such a romantic is that he's not caught up in society's norms. He knows that everyone isn't perfect and has told me the things that I think are imperfectons are the things that he loves about me most. He seeks out my inner self as well as the outer. I think whoever said that you have to take the good and the bad hit it right on. He's not perfect and neither am I. But the good definitely outweighs the bad.
Lapis Queen is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-03-2003, 02:32 PM   #27
Pow Wow Visitor

Lion Lover is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking

Nuche, no offense OK?....Ladies look out for those UTE men! 'specially the southern ones...although Nuche sounds like a keeper!!
Lion Lover is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-03-2003, 03:14 PM   #28
Guakia Taino Yahabo

Tvskekee has a reputation beyond reputeTvskekee has a reputation beyond reputeTvskekee has a reputation beyond reputeTvskekee has a reputation beyond reputeTvskekee has a reputation beyond reputeTvskekee has a reputation beyond reputeTvskekee has a reputation beyond reputeTvskekee has a reputation beyond reputeTvskekee has a reputation beyond reputeTvskekee has a reputation beyond reputeTvskekee has a reputation beyond reputeTvskekee has a reputation beyond reputeTvskekee has a reputation beyond reputeTvskekee has a reputation beyond reputeTvskekee has a reputation beyond reputeTvskekee has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 323.00
Damn..no responses from other guys..

Now, my grandparents raised me(old school traditional family) and i remember my grandma "schooling" me in how to treat women the right way..well grandma was right on everything. I remember birthdays, anniversaries, etc. Even just doing little things to let the person know you are thinking of them. It could be flowers or something as simple as getting picked up for lunch as a surprise and taking you to a nice resteraunt instead of BK or Mcdonalds, or when youve had a bad day a full body massage with warm, scented body oils in a candle lit room with no "paybacks: involved. Just what you would need to forget about the day and let her worries be rubbed away with your hands.

The whole, only if they want something thing.. you could be romantic and not ever get anything, which would make your bond with the person that much tighter even if nothing ever happened between the two. Those relationships can really turn into something very strong with time adn all those sweet words and honest actions from the heart will win you both over so be careful-lol

I think where most guys mess up is they do all these things at first to..like alot of people were saying..get what they want..and then once they are comfortable the stop and the romance is gone..heres the big secret guys..if she says "The Magic is Gone" that means, 95% that you stopped doing all those nice romantic things that made her swoon whenever she thinks of you.
So things go from magic gone to breaking up and being left wondering what went wrong.

Second mess up guys make- Almost ALYWAYS, its the girl putting more effort into the relationship then the guys... now I said almost, dont shoot me. Guys let me break it down for you...she will treat you the way she wants to be treated..if she bends over backwards for you, goes out of her way, does things for you whether romantic or not, all these things they do because they love you, want to make her happy? do the same in return and love doing it, dont do it cause you feel like its some game for points or equaling up. If it feels liek that then you dont need to be there, relationships are 100%/100% not 50/50 and if you keep that 100% mentality you will have a VERY happy girl who will walk the world for you, but ONLY if you were willing to do the same for her:)

I have lots of freinds, you just cant see them:)

Last edited by Tvskekee; 01-03-2003 at 03:22 PM..
Tvskekee is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-03-2003, 05:21 PM   #29
Island Girl

Wiky Chick is on a distinguished road
Dang! I was wrong!

And I'm rarely wrong!

Nuche_tacook and Tvskekee you both sound sooooo romantic! :Heart

I would absolutely love to find an Indian man that is romantic. Every woman needs to feel "swept off her feet".

I must be looking in the wrong places, cuz my past relationship felt very one-sided. :Cry No romance in that Indian man at all! I shoulda hooked him up with one of you guys to get some pointers!

Oh well. The hunt continues....
Wiky Chick is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-03-2003, 05:32 PM   #30
Tiny Tot Dancer

DLBRIGHTEYES will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by Tvskekee
Damn..no responses from other guys..

Now, my grandparents raised me(old school traditional family) and i remember my grandma "schooling" me in how to treat women the right way..well grandma was right on everything. I remember birthdays, anniversaries, etc. Even just doing little things to let the person know you are thinking of them. It could be flowers or something as simple as getting picked up for lunch as a surprise and taking you to a nice resteraunt instead of BK or Mcdonalds, or when youve had a bad day a full body massage with warm, scented body oils in a candle lit room with no "paybacks: involved. Just what you would need to forget about the day and let her worries be rubbed away with your hands.

The whole, only if they want something thing.. you could be romantic and not ever get anything, which would make your bond with the person that much tighter even if nothing ever happened between the two. Those relationships can really turn into something very strong with time adn all those sweet words and honest actions from the heart will win you both over so be careful-lol

I think where most guys mess up is they do all these things at first to..like alot of people were saying..get what they want..and then once they are comfortable the stop and the romance is gone..heres the big secret guys..if she says "The Magic is Gone" that means, 95% that you stopped doing all those nice romantic things that made her swoon whenever she thinks of you.
So things go from magic gone to breaking up and being left wondering what went wrong.

Second mess up guys make- Almost ALYWAYS, its the girl putting more effort into the relationship then the guys... now I said almost, dont shoot me. Guys let me break it down for you...she will treat you the way she wants to be treated..if she bends over backwards for you, goes out of her way, does things for you whether romantic or not, all these things they do because they love you, want to make her happy? do the same in return and love doing it, dont do it cause you feel like its some game for points or equaling up. If it feels liek that then you dont need to be there, relationships are 100%/100% not 50/50 and if you keep that 100% mentality you will have a VERY happy girl who will walk the world for you, but ONLY if you were willing to do the same for her:)

Aren't Grandparents great????
well said, Tvskekee:Thumbs :clap:

I want one of those guyz:2: :49: :2:
where do i sign up:37: :49:
Old 01-03-2003, 08:36 PM   #31
LumbeeTurtle

i hope my man is like you Tvskekee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap:
Old 01-03-2003, 09:47 PM   #32
Senior Dancer

elviseagle has a reputation beyond reputeelviseagle has a reputation beyond reputeelviseagle has a reputation beyond reputeelviseagle has a reputation beyond reputeelviseagle has a reputation beyond reputeelviseagle has a reputation beyond reputeelviseagle has a reputation beyond reputeelviseagle has a reputation beyond reputeelviseagle has a reputation beyond reputeelviseagle has a reputation beyond reputeelviseagle has a reputation beyond reputeelviseagle has a reputation beyond reputeelviseagle has a reputation beyond reputeelviseagle has a reputation beyond reputeelviseagle has a reputation beyond reputeelviseagle has a reputation beyond reputeelviseagle has a reputation beyond reputeelviseagle has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb

DANGGGGG WOW WELL WRITTEN TVSKEKEE WHERE DO I FIND MORE LIKE YOU?:Thinking
elviseagle is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-04-2003, 01:34 AM   #33
Island Girl

Wiky Chick is on a distinguished road
What a shame!

What a shame that he isn't what he presents himself as! :Shocked What a lil :devil !!

Nevertheless, the advice he shared, on how to be romantic, still sounds pretty good. Any of you other guys out there, that may need some advice in that area, can still take that to heart! :Help

Of course, romance is only the tip of the iceburg. There is so much more to a relationship than that.

By all means, sweep that woman off her feet! Let her know that she's the woman of your dreams! Be creative. Be adventurous. Just make sure to remind yourself how lucky you are to be with that wonderful woman! Romance shouldn't be a chore, it should be, and should lead to more, pleasure!:D :Naughty :Thumbs
Wiky Chick is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-04-2003, 04:31 AM   #34
V-Style Jingler

Sweet Syilx is a jewel in the rough
Hahaha, sooooooo damn busted. Crazy stuff. Can talk the talk, but cant walk the walk. Too bad, I liked that post.

R.
Sweet Syilx is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-04-2003, 11:38 PM   #35
Pow Wow Visitor

CheyenneWmn is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 200.00
Romantic? Ndn guys? NDN GUYS?
HA-hahahahahahahahah!
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!
HA-hahahahhahahahahahahahahahah!
Oh, stop! I can't stand it!
HAhahahahahahahahahah!
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
whew!
FUNNIEST THING I'VE HEARD YET!!
THANKS FOR THE LAUGHS!!!
CheyenneWmn is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-05-2003, 11:23 AM   #36
Pow Wow Visitor

Angry Shame!

Ladies, grow up!
This is what I hate about the internet. You don't have a clue who SUZIEQ is, nor do you know what is truth and what is lie but you are sure damn quick to crucify someone as soon as this chic spews her stuff. Maybe it's true, maybe not--point is this is a cowardly, anonymous way of attacking someone. How can you respect anyone--man or woman--that would come out in a forum like this and accuse someone by name? What are you gals thinking? And, it's not that I'm unsympathetic if it was the truth because I've been on the receiving end of deceptive, dishonest men but what I just read here is inexcusable. It points either to a lack of maturity or intellect in some of you gals and I'm not sure which it is at this point...
Old 01-05-2003, 12:00 PM   #37
Riverwoman

I have never seen one, they must be a new species:p
Anyone know what area they come from?
Old 01-05-2003, 03:31 PM   #38
Quality Taco Inspector

Gache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 727.00
Savings: 1.00
me romantic lol........ I better not lie my wife will tell all...
I SUCK!
Gache is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-05-2003, 03:41 PM   #39
Tiny Tot Dancer

pueblo_honey is on a distinguished road
theres a few romantic ndn guys out there,you just need to search harder to find them. and when you find them, don't blow them off or mistreat them cause thats when they turn their back on you. i know i have found one of the unique pueblo ndn guys around and i hope all of you find yours.:2:
pueblo_honey is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-05-2003, 05:02 PM   #40
Pow Wow Visitor

First of all, Little Cricket, I'm 40+ years old and Tvskekee is way too young for me. So that's a laugh. Besides I've got me a real man, 6'2", FB Blackfeet, long hair and, yes he's romantic--he plays me flute music, he doesn't drink, has a job and he's faithful.

SuzieQ, if you want to wash your dirty linen in public go right ahead. It makes you look silly. You say you'll give your name. Then put it out there, girl; name, phon e number etc. It's only fair.
Like I said before, I do understand your grief because I've been there. So many times I wanted to call those other gals that were sleeping with him and let them know they weren't the one and only. This is the thing--you're carrying this hurt around and letting it eat you up. You want to get even. You want him to pay. Why waste the time and energy reacting to someone that doesn't give a D? Move on. Let's say I was one of these gals you purport to want to warn off, to kindly make sure they don't suffer the same pain and indignity you did. How noble of you. Well, if I was your age and mentality I'd probably say to you and your altruistic efforts "that girl is full of sh*t. He probably blew you off and you're jealous..." [look it up] I'm also aware that Nuche (a guy) responded, but it was the ladies that came back with the venom and that's the clincher. I'm sure it makes you feel good to know, if the allegations are true, that you've 'punished' someone who innocently happened to be the target of his misguided and inexcusable behavior because that's what you've also done--publicly. So, I stand by what I said and you can stand by what you said and we can both agree to disagree. Fine. That's life.
Sponsored Links