Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat > Games and Polls Song Lyrics - You thought.....what?! Song Lyrics - You thought.....what?!

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-19-2009, 02:21 PM   #1
Lion of Judah

Items Elephant$DevilSword
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
RDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond repute
RDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 35,780.15
Savings: 0.00
Song Lyrics - You thought.....what?!

I didn't see another thread like this and thought it might be fun.

Everyone has examples of songs that they totally misunderstood the lyrics to.

Post your examples, past or present: Song, artist (optional), real lyrics, and what you thought the lyrics were. I'll start.

Love is Alive (1975)
Gary Wright

My heart is on fire
My soul's like a wheel that's turnin'
My love is alive, my love is alive, yeah, yeah, yeah

I thought it was:

My HORSE is on fire!
My soul's like a wheel that's turnin'
RDNKJ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-19-2009, 03:10 PM   #2
Asmajol

Awesome Thread!

When i was young and watching MTV, the song by Journey Oh Sherry
In the video had that slinky lady strutting about
He sings "Oh Sherry Our love HOLDS ON HOLDS ON"
And i thought he was sayin "Ohh Sherry Our love HOSE ON! HOSE ON!

(thought he was talkin bout her panty hose )
  Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-20-2009, 12:57 AM   #3
Pow Wow Visitor

Dashund_Shox has a reputation beyond repute
Dashund_Shox has a reputation beyond reputeDashund_Shox has a reputation beyond reputeDashund_Shox has a reputation beyond reputeDashund_Shox has a reputation beyond reputeDashund_Shox has a reputation beyond reputeDashund_Shox has a reputation beyond reputeDashund_Shox has a reputation beyond reputeDashund_Shox has a reputation beyond reputeDashund_Shox has a reputation beyond reputeDashund_Shox has a reputation beyond reputeDashund_Shox has a reputation beyond reputeDashund_Shox has a reputation beyond reputeDashund_Shox has a reputation beyond reputeDashund_Shox has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,555.95
That song by T.A.T.U. - Not gonna get us ...I thought she was saying "Shining through your Bunyan's....But it turns out she was singing in Russian at that part
Dashund_Shox is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-20-2009, 01:20 AM   #4
tinytotprincess

tinytotprincess has a reputation beyond repute
tinytotprincess has a reputation beyond reputetinytotprincess has a reputation beyond reputetinytotprincess has a reputation beyond reputetinytotprincess has a reputation beyond reputetinytotprincess has a reputation beyond reputetinytotprincess has a reputation beyond reputetinytotprincess has a reputation beyond reputetinytotprincess has a reputation beyond reputetinytotprincess has a reputation beyond reputetinytotprincess has a reputation beyond reputetinytotprincess has a reputation beyond reputetinytotprincess has a reputation beyond reputetinytotprincess has a reputation beyond reputetinytotprincess has a reputation beyond reputetinytotprincess has a reputation beyond reputetinytotprincess has a reputation beyond reputetinytotprincess has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
My daughter sang this song once and made me laugh, Crawling by Linkin Park,
"Crawlin in my skin eating my burrito" "Crawling in my skin, these wounds they will not heal" I don't know where the burrito part came from.

I have one from TIL TUESDAY "Voices Carry" I thought she was singing "Princess Carrie" lol

Last edited by tinytotprincess; 05-20-2009 at 01:22 AM..
tinytotprincess is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-20-2009, 01:33 AM   #5
Asmajol

EHhehe my niece was rockin out to ballroom blitz and was singing along ...........BUY THE LIPS! BUY THE LIPS!
Old 05-20-2009, 10:40 AM   #6
Head Dancer

caity has a reputation beyond reputecaity has a reputation beyond reputecaity has a reputation beyond repute
caity has a reputation beyond reputecaity has a reputation beyond reputecaity has a reputation beyond reputecaity has a reputation beyond reputecaity has a reputation beyond reputecaity has a reputation beyond reputecaity has a reputation beyond reputecaity has a reputation beyond reputecaity has a reputation beyond reputecaity has a reputation beyond reputecaity has a reputation beyond reputecaity has a reputation beyond reputecaity has a reputation beyond reputecaity has a reputation beyond reputecaity has a reputation beyond reputecaity has a reputation beyond reputecaity has a reputation beyond reputecaity has a reputation beyond reputecaity has a reputation beyond repute
Savings: 1.00
When I was little, I thought Johnny Rivers' "Secret Agent Man" was "Secret Asian Man" - and I could never figure out why he didn't want anyone to know why he was Asian!

caity is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-20-2009, 11:10 AM   #7
Lion of Judah

RDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond repute
RDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond repute
The theme song from Sesame Street.

Sunny day, sweeping the clouds away
On my way to where the air is sweet...

I thought it went:

Sunny day, keeping the clouds away
On my way to where the Arabs live!

I never understood why there were no Arabs on the show since they were always singing about them!

I thought the same thing as Caity about Secret Asian Man!
Old 05-20-2009, 11:30 AM   #8
Asmajol

Ehehhehe i thought that too caity!

Arab Sesame street

There is a nine inch nails song called down in it.
Lyrics go:
Kinda like a cloud i was up way up in the sky
and i was feelings some feelings you couldnt believe
Sometimes i dont believe them myself
and i decided i was never coming down
Just then a tiny little dot caught my eye it was just about to hard to see
and i watched it way to long
it was pullin me down
I was up above! NOw im down in it!

We thought he said "I was a MUppet! I knew Kermit!"
Old 05-20-2009, 06:45 PM   #9
Lion of Judah

Caribbean Queen
Billy Ocean

Caribbean queen
Now we're sharing the same dream
And our hearts they beat as one
No more love on the run.

I thought this was a song about his honey up in the great white north:

Caribou Queen
Now we're sharing the same dream....
Old 07-17-2009, 12:19 PM   #10
Lion of Judah

Ying Yang Twins - Saltshaker

This one's not really my fault. Before I ever heard the song, a woman I know was singing it and SHE had misunderstood the lyrics, so when I did hear the Ying Yang Twins sing it, I already had the incorrect lyrics in my head.

The song is too dirty to post much, but...

Shorty crunk, on the floor wide open....
Shake it like a saltshaker, shake it like a saltshaker!

I thought:

Shorty crunk, on the floor wide open...
Shake it like a sausage, shake it like a sausage!

Old 07-17-2009, 01:52 PM   #11
Pow Wow Visitor

LaughingWaterWI has a reputation beyond reputeLaughingWaterWI has a reputation beyond repute
LaughingWaterWI has a reputation beyond reputeLaughingWaterWI has a reputation beyond reputeLaughingWaterWI has a reputation beyond reputeLaughingWaterWI has a reputation beyond reputeLaughingWaterWI has a reputation beyond reputeLaughingWaterWI has a reputation beyond reputeLaughingWaterWI has a reputation beyond reputeLaughingWaterWI has a reputation beyond reputeLaughingWaterWI has a reputation beyond reputeLaughingWaterWI has a reputation beyond reputeLaughingWaterWI has a reputation beyond reputeLaughingWaterWI has a reputation beyond reputeLaughingWaterWI has a reputation beyond reputeLaughingWaterWI has a reputation beyond reputeLaughingWaterWI has a reputation beyond reputeLaughingWaterWI has a reputation beyond reputeLaughingWaterWI has a reputation beyond reputeLaughingWaterWI has a reputation beyond reputeLaughingWaterWI has a reputation beyond reputeLaughingWaterWI has a reputation beyond reputeLaughingWaterWI has a reputation beyond repute
NIN songs are great but heres one When I first heard it thought THESE were the words ......LOL
me, I'm not lights in the sky tour song "Me, I'm Not"

And it's happening .........................whats happening
Never planned on this never ........ planed to miss
You got something I need
Kind of dangerous ........................im dangerous
And I'm losing control
I'm not used to this
What you want from me
I'm not used to this

can't seem to shut it off... ...........I cant shut it off
This thing I've begun......................... once i've begun
And it's hard to tell
Just where it's coming from
And it's hard to see
What I'm capable of
And it's hard to believe .......and its hard to bleed
Just, what I've become........just because we came

Hey
Can we stop? .................can't stop
Me, I'm not

I can swallow it down
Keep it all inside ...............kept it deep inside
I define myself ......................I can't find myself
By how well I hide
Feel it coming apart ..........I feel it coming
Well, at least I tried

I can win this war
By knowing not to fight .......just not right to fight
If I take it all back
Someway, somehow
If I knew back then
What I know right now

Hey
Can we stop? ......can't stop
Me, I'm not
Hey
Can we stop?
Me, I'm not
Hey
Can we stop?
Yeah, Me, I'm not
Hey
Can we stop
Me, I'm not

Me, I'm not
LaughingWaterWI is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-13-2010, 12:57 PM   #12
Lion of Judah

No one likes this thread but me!

But I'm bringing it back up 'cause I thought this was funny. This came from a woman I work with.

She's Hispanic, but doesn't really speak Spanish. She says she speaks "some Tex-Mex" but that's about it. Well, after she got over her last ex, she started going out to a Tejano club w/some of her friends.

After the first time, she said she was really confused. She said the music was good and fun to dance to, but all the songs were about "enchiladas!" Enchilada this, and enchilada that. The singers even call their honeys "enchiladas."

Well...turns out she misunderstood. Everytime someone said "encantada" she heard "enchilada!"

Old 05-13-2010, 01:10 PM   #13
*~*~*

ok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond repute
ok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond reputeok24stacey has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 371.64
What about some songs that you sing wrong on purpose?

We get bored and see who can make the dumbest parody....lol (all mature)

That eminem song about "going round the outside." I sang "eating brownies outside." Or "full of chicken, eatin cheese" instead of "big pimping, spending g's"

My bf now sings "well I'm full-blooded, check my CDIB" instead of "I'm hot blooded, check it and see."
Old 05-13-2010, 01:24 PM   #14
On The Rocks

Items ElephantTreasure ChestPresentPresent
AmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond repute
AmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 99,523.66
Lyrics

Quote:
Originally Posted by ok24stacey View Post
What about some songs that you sing wrong on purpose?

We get bored and see who can make the dumbest parody....lol (all mature)

That eminem song about "going round the outside." I sang "eating brownies outside." Or "full of chicken, eatin cheese" instead of "big pimping, spending g's"

My bf now sings "well I'm full-blooded, check my CDIB" instead of "I'm hot blooded, check it and see."
Weird Al Yankovic would be proud of your bf, LOL.

Yep, part of karaoke's appeal is the audience following the lyrics on screen, then you see their face light up when they see the correct words.

"That's what it says...I've been wrong all these years"

Frybread Line...Somebody needs change for a $50...

Last edited by AmigoKumeyaay; 05-13-2010 at 01:26 PM.. Reason: spellink
AmigoKumeyaay is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-13-2010, 01:49 PM   #15
Lion of Judah

Quote:
Originally Posted by ok24stacey View Post
Or "full of chicken, eatin cheese" instead of "big pimping, spending g's"
Old 05-13-2010, 02:01 PM   #16
Ugh. As. If.

Grits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond repute
Grits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 8,766.96
i can go all day...

elton john- hold me closer, tony danza

give you more later
Grits & Beans is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-13-2010, 03:20 PM   #17
Tiny Tot Dancer

rez_hopper has a reputation beyond reputerez_hopper has a reputation beyond reputerez_hopper has a reputation beyond reputerez_hopper has a reputation beyond reputerez_hopper has a reputation beyond repute
rez_hopper has a reputation beyond reputerez_hopper has a reputation beyond reputerez_hopper has a reputation beyond reputerez_hopper has a reputation beyond reputerez_hopper has a reputation beyond reputerez_hopper has a reputation beyond reputerez_hopper has a reputation beyond reputerez_hopper has a reputation beyond reputerez_hopper has a reputation beyond reputerez_hopper has a reputation beyond reputerez_hopper has a reputation beyond reputerez_hopper has a reputation beyond reputerez_hopper has a reputation beyond reputerez_hopper has a reputation beyond reputerez_hopper has a reputation beyond reputerez_hopper has a reputation beyond reputerez_hopper has a reputation beyond reputerez_hopper has a reputation beyond reputerez_hopper has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 3,553.83
Metallica- Harvester of Sorrow

I'm singing -Promiser of Sorrow
rez_hopper is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-13-2010, 04:25 PM   #18
Ugh. As. If.

Grits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond repute
Grits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 8,766.96
ursher:

you don't have to call
cause i'm gay girlllll
and i'mma be with mike tonight
Grits & Beans is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-13-2010, 05:54 PM   #19
On The Rocks

Items ElephantTreasure ChestPresentPresent
AmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond repute
AmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 99,523.66
Manfred Mann -

"Blinded by the light ____ ____ _____ _____"
Old 05-13-2010, 08:51 PM   #20
Lion of Judah

CCR

Don't go around tonight,,
Well, it's bound to take your life,
There's a bathroom on the right!
Sponsored Links