PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture

PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture (http://forums.powwows.com/)
-   Games and Polls (http://forums.powwows.com/f46/)
-   -   What Song is Stuck in Your Head Right Now? (http://forums.powwows.com/f46/what-song-stuck-your-head-right-now-28410/)

Harland Jones 03-08-2010 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RDNKJ (Post 1391234)
And...speaking of artists who grow on you...

I first saw Patti Smith singing her cover of "Gloria" on Saturday Night Live years ago. I was appalled!! Told all my friends about this horrible woman who couldn't sing, etc... But it stuck in my head and it grew on me. I now love it and see its "greatness," and I own every one of her albums! It's not to everyone's taste, but here she is, the grande dame of American punk...Patti Smith - Gloria

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xxygqSTO1lQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xxygqSTO1lQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Yes I agree,she's maybe not for everyone.I like it though.The beginning has kinda a folksy sound.Your right its American Punk at its finest.Thanks fo that.

I had heard some of her stuff before but I have to be in the right frame of mind,perhaps sitting down playin' cards or dominoes.

RDNKJ 03-09-2010 04:59 PM

Guess I'm in a Patti Smith mood. I had Gloria in my head yesterday. Today it is: Dancing Barefoot

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WbczclC8128&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WbczclC8128&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Dancing Barefoot

she is benediction
she is addicted to thee
she is the root connection
she is connecting with he

here I go and I don't know why
I fell so ceaselessly
could it be he's taking over me...

I'm dancing barefoot
heading for a spin
some strange music draws me in
makes me come on like some heroin/e

she is sublimation
she is the essence of thee
she is concentrating on
he, who is chosen by she

here I go and I don't know why
I spin so ceaselessly,
could it be he's taking over me...

[chorus]

she is re-creation
she, intoxicated by thee
she has the slow sensation that
he is levitating with she ...

here I go and I don't know why,
I spin so ceaselessly,
'til I lose my sense of gravity...

[chorus]

(oh god I fell for you ...)

the plot of our life sweats in the dark like a face
the mystery of childbirth, of childhood itself
grave visitations
what is it that calls to us?
why must we pray screaming?
why must not death be redefined?
we shut our eyes we stretch out our arms
and whirl on a pane of glass
an afixiation a fix on anything the line of life the limb of a tree
the hands of he and the promise that s/he is blessed among women.

(oh god I fell for you ...)

RDNKJ 03-09-2010 05:01 PM

Or Patti Smith's cover of:

So You Want to Be (A Rock and Roll Star)

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LNPZnP_q0_E&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LNPZnP_q0_E&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

RDNKJ 03-10-2010 10:07 PM

I started out today with The Beatles - Why Don't We Do It in the Road

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OyhgUcAcTOw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OyhgUcAcTOw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

RDNKJ 03-10-2010 10:08 PM

And ended up with: Madonna - Express Yourself!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/a9goAWJ6L00&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/a9goAWJ6L00&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Harland Jones 03-17-2010 11:50 AM

Madonna is a good fav


Right now I've got "Under My Thumb" The Stones on the brain !!!

Paint It Black

timmy tiger 03-17-2010 05:50 PM

Yep, this one will do it for me.:naughty2::hump::date:


http://www.cmt.com/videos/jake-owen/...ond-ride.jhtml

timmy tiger 03-17-2010 05:57 PM

Yep, yep, yep this one's a definite favorite of mine. Whoo hooo.


<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6cv-iCGPOPU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6cv-iCGPOPU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

RDNKJ 03-18-2010 12:41 PM

Harland Jones - you have eclectic taste in music. Not many people can appreciateboth Led Zeppelin and Madonna!

TimmyTiger - That Jake Owen song is pretty catchy. I was confused for awhile, though. I kept thinking: Dude! Ain't no one gonna go home with you if you keep talkin' about yourself that way! :embaresse Reminds me of that joke about doin' it "rodeo style."

Conway Twitty brought back memories. Never a big fan of him and the Twitty Birds, but around that time I had an aunt who was a singer. She had that whole glam-country look, with BIG hair (w/sparkles in it!), and the embroidered western jumpsuit. She sang "lounge country." The name of her group was too funny: ---- Goldschmitt & Devil Train! :lol:

For me - Madonna is still expressing herself in my head today!

Harland Jones 03-19-2010 01:22 AM

Thanks RDNKJ for the compliment.At an early age I/we brothers and sisters, cousins were deprived of a lot of the music that was out at the time.Exposed to alot of "real country" music because of our parents.But when we got old enough to buy our own music,DAMN,the cat was outa tha bag.

All the groups startin' out,we discussed earlier,ZZTOP,CCR,Carley Simon,Mungo Jerry,Best of Cream,Johnny Cash,Merle Haggard you name it.Yes,Conway.At the time believe it or not I/we hated it but as we got older began to love it.It was in our blood whether we liked it or not.LOL

I've become quite the trivia on music (all kinds).


Cousins exposed us to Grand Funk Rairoad (remember them)have all their albums.Seen Loggins and Mesinna live at a bar here in town before they became popular, same with George Strait partied and rodeo way long before he got popular.Goodness.I'll quit.Thanks again.We'll talk later, Harland Jones

Harland Jones 03-19-2010 01:27 AM

Yea !! Yea!!! You guessed it



"Your Decision" Alice In Chains


I can't quit singin':shades_sm it

timmy tiger 03-19-2010 02:59 AM

Yeah RDNKJ---when I first heard the song I thought that same thing.LMAO It was funny. But it sure didn't take me long to figure out what he was actually saying.LMAO:thumbs_up

My one uncle was married to a woman just like that too with the high hair and glitter in it. But she wasn't a lounge singer, she was a bar maid.LMAO She might have sang, but I sure never heard her.LMAO

I like that song too, but I like this one just a little better.

YouTube - Madonna - La Isla Bonita


Makes me think of my tropical vacation that I want to go on and will someday soon.:thumbs_up

Harland Jones 03-19-2010 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timmy tiger (Post 1394428)
Yeah RDNKJ---when I first heard the song I thought that same thing.LMAO It was funny. But it sure didn't take me long to figure out what he was actually saying.LMAO:thumbs_up

My one uncle was married to a woman just like that too with the high hair and glitter in it. But she wasn't a lounge singer, she was a bar maid.LMAO She might have sang, but I sure never heard her.LMAO

I like that song too, but I like this one just a little better.

YouTube - Madonna - La Isla Bonita


Makes me think of my tropical vacation that I want to go on and will someday soon.:thumbs_up

First of all,I would like to go with ya !!!LOL

I still like her, this song is so romantic.mmmmmmmmmmmm

I would like to see her and Santana get together for a few Spanish songs.DYNOMITE !!! YEA !!! Hopefully, they'll be good songs.I think they would be.


I WIN SISTAHH !!!LMAO Have a good one !!

timmy tiger 03-19-2010 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harland Jones (Post 1394441)
First of all,I would like to go with ya !!!LOL

I still like her, this song is so romantic.mmmmmmmmmmmm

I would like to see her and Santana get together for a few Spanish songs.DYNOMITE !!! YEA !!! Hopefully, they'll be good songs.I think they would be.


I WIN SISTAHH !!!LMAO Have a good one !!


Oh I know, that's what I like about this song. Oh I have a few Santana songs, I really like Santana. That would be good too.

LOL--you are so funny. Sneaky Sneaky again

But no you don't.

I still win--all the time.LMAO

Oh don't get me started on Cindy Lauper, I like her music too.

Mud_Woman 03-19-2010 11:51 AM

Ojibway Travellers - Close To You

ndnsooner 03-19-2010 11:54 AM

Its Peanut Butter Jelly time......

PB&J on "Family Guy"

RDNKJ 03-19-2010 01:56 PM

RIP Alex Chilton (The Box Tops)
 
I was driving home last night after work when I heard he'd died. Shocker!

I really enjoy their "unique" facial expressions in this one! :confused_

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wD9mCp8SifM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wD9mCp8SifM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

They don't perform in this one, but the song is played (twice). Some things never change. I still dance like that! :whatchuta :tounge_sm

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4lJgDL11lUk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4lJgDL11lUk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Chevy_truckin_NDN 03-19-2010 03:04 PM

Chicken Fried by Zac Brown Band. love it.

Harland Jones 03-20-2010 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RDNKJ (Post 1394490)
I was driving home last night after work when I heard he'd died. Shocker!

I really enjoy their "unique" facial expressions in this one! :confused_

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wD9mCp8SifM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wD9mCp8SifM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

They don't perform in this one, but the song is played (twice). Some things never change. I still dance like that! :whatchuta :tounge_sm

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4lJgDL11lUk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4lJgDL11lUk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

TIMELESS.Good stuff !!

Harland Jones 03-20-2010 01:29 AM

Chevelle---- I Get It


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:44 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1
Copyright 2006, PowWows.com, LLC