Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat > War Discussion Definition of Warrior Definition of Warrior

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-18-2009, 09:43 AM   #1
Tiny Tot Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
IlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond repute
Location: Wherever I am suppose to be at that time...simple as that.
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 1.00
Definition of Warrior

Throughout the histories of all the tribes and nations, there have been warriors. In some tribes, the warriors were a specific group of people--- in many, there was not a special "class" of warrior--- anyone could give it a shot. In many tribes, everyone HAD to be a warrior on top of whatever else they did..etc.etc..

But what about today ? Who are the warriors today ?

Is United States Military warriors ?
Is Private Security Contractors (Mercenaries included) warriors?
Are native warrior societies (regardless of if the member has been in the u.s. military or not) warriors ?

Who are the warriors ?
What is the definition of warrior ?

Also... should allegedly autonomous tribes be allowed to have their own security forces/standing army ?

If we can have our own passports, why not our OWN soldiers ?

Time to weigh in. Please keep posting ON topic. DO NOT leave negative feedback on someone you disagree with.
IlnuSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-18-2009, 09:53 AM   #2
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 127,514.31
You didn't change what you were asking in the other thread. You changed your wording.

Seems like you'll never be accepted as a warrior as you wish.

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Joe's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-18-2009, 10:00 AM   #3
Tiny Tot Dancer

IlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond repute
Again... hiding behind an insult rather than addressing the topic.

First, you tried calling me white. Next, you are saying that this topic is about me...

I asked you to please post on topic, yet you dishonor this message board by using the post to take a cheap shot at me--again.

Anyway, I don't take any offense, because this is only an internet posting board

However, I would KINDLY ask that if you post on this thread again that you post on topic.

If want to insult me or make accusations, start a NEW thread about it OR private message me. Thanks

Last edited by IlnuSoldier; 02-18-2009 at 10:19 AM..
Old 02-18-2009, 10:29 AM   #4
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
I do what I want, where I want. However, we'll do it your way.

The blue man who works in the drug prevention program in his community is a warrior.

The green lady who works with disadvantaged kids in the inner city is a warrior.

The pink gang member, even though he's killed somebody or been shot, is the same as a mercenary. He's in it for the free ride. He doesn't have to work, he can sell dope. He doesn't have to work because he can steal.

Yeah, I think I would call the the blue man and the green lady warriors.

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Old 02-18-2009, 10:30 AM   #5
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
I didn't call you white. I said it seemed you have a lot of anglo influence in you.

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Old 02-18-2009, 11:07 AM   #6
Senior Dancer

SuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond repute
SuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 120.00
Savings: 0.00
I believe that those in the Native warrior societies are warriors. I believe that all those who stood up at Burnt Church in your territory (Ilnu) are warriors, they fought for what is right, they fought for the people. The other warriors who joined them from other warrior societies are warriors too, they proved to be allies to your Nation. They should all be respected as such alongside those from the canadian or american military.

...on another note, based on where Ilnu is from, if he's mixed 10 bucks says it's not with white.
SuzzeQ4 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-18-2009, 03:39 PM   #7
AKA...Falling Leaves

steelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond repute
steelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzzeQ4 View Post
I believe that those in the Native warrior societies are warriors. I believe that all those who stood up at Burnt Church in your territory (Ilnu) are warriors, they fought for what is right, they fought for the people. The other warriors who joined them from other warrior societies are warriors too, they proved to be allies to your Nation. They should all be respected as such alongside those from the canadian or american military.

...on another note, based on where Ilnu is from, if he's mixed 10 bucks says it's not with white.
lol....
I have a great quote about what a warrior is....
WHAT IS A WARRIOR "A Warrior is the protector of his family, clan and his tribe. A Warrior is the guardian of the old ways so that they are not forgotten. A Warrior is not motivated by greed, political ambition or fame. A Warrior will not put himself above others in need. Above all A Warrior is the living spirit of our Grandfathers." These words were copied from Jim Standing Bear's page with his permission...

Some folks need to take a hard look at what a warrior should be before they start holding themselves as warriors.....

Life should not be measured by the number of things that we aquire on our journey but by the number of lives that we touch along that road.

I am a bridge on the red path between my ancestors and the future. I am a bridge between my white heritage and my native heritage. A bridge joins two sides together and provides a way to move on..... A.K. O'Pry-Reynolds
steelemagnolia63 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-18-2009, 04:59 PM   #8
Tiny Tot Dancer

nighthawk58 has a reputation beyond repute
nighthawk58 has a reputation beyond reputenighthawk58 has a reputation beyond reputenighthawk58 has a reputation beyond reputenighthawk58 has a reputation beyond reputenighthawk58 has a reputation beyond reputenighthawk58 has a reputation beyond reputenighthawk58 has a reputation beyond reputenighthawk58 has a reputation beyond reputenighthawk58 has a reputation beyond reputenighthawk58 has a reputation beyond reputenighthawk58 has a reputation beyond reputenighthawk58 has a reputation beyond reputenighthawk58 has a reputation beyond reputenighthawk58 has a reputation beyond reputenighthawk58 has a reputation beyond reputenighthawk58 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 190.00
When you fight for a belief, for a friend, for your family, for another family, for the rights of any, are you also not a warrior? Perhaps not in the old tradition. Sometimes, though, the old and new get mixed and then... well, then you have a real problem. Same as green lady and blue man. warrior.
Old 02-18-2009, 05:08 PM   #9
Senior Dancer

SuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond repute
SuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond repute
Can I ask a yes or no question on this topic?

Do you all believe that the Native warriors from the societies should be honoured along side the military soldiers at powwows?
Some powwows do, some don't and I just don't get why some don't. Cause the ones I have known, I believe deserve such. I believe both do because both have chosen to do what they believe in to protect the rest of us. Not really knowing me,people may not get that I feel that way, so bI thought I'd clarify.
Old 02-18-2009, 07:47 PM   #10
Powwow Dude

Items DevilUser Name Style ChangeUser Title Style Change
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 38,634.63
By what Definition do you want to use??

Warriors under the old system??

In my tribe you were 25 before you were brought in...
Of course we have not used that system since before the Civil War, That one in 1861
Our History of battle goes far in the past...
My Tribe has fought in the French and Indian War (Against the Americans)
Revolutionary War (Against the Americans)
War of 1812
Civil War (Both Sides)
WW1
WW2
Korea
Vietnam
Persian Gulf part 1 and 2

We have just built a Veteran's Memorial right there in Tahlequah
I was inducted into the Cherokee Warrior Society just last year and joined all those that have served before me
My Greatgreat great Grandfather from the 1st Cherokee Mounted Rifle name is there along with mine...
But by there definition it was because I am a Veteran and want to honor that service to my country
So by that Definition I am a Warrior, who am I to argue with my Tribe and the Council that presented that to me...

So by what definition do you want to USE???

Last edited by Josiah; 02-18-2009 at 07:50 PM..
Josiah is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-18-2009, 08:12 PM   #11
It is useless to resist.

Items ElephantDevilPresentGuitar
Ndnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond repute
Ndnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 102,427.83
Savings: 52.80
Quote:
Originally Posted by IlnuSoldier View Post
Throughout the histories of all the tribes and nations, there have been warriors. In some tribes, the warriors were a specific group of people--- in many, there was not a special "class" of warrior--- anyone could give it a shot. In many tribes, everyone HAD to be a warrior on top of whatever else they did..etc.etc..

But what about today ? Who are the warriors today ?

Is United States Military warriors ?
Is Private Security Contractors (Mercenaries included) warriors?
Are native warrior societies (regardless of if the member has been in the u.s. military or not) warriors ?

Who are the warriors ?
What is the definition of warrior ?

Also... should allegedly autonomous tribes be allowed to have their own security forces/standing army ?

If we can have our own passports, why not our OWN soldiers ?

Time to weigh in. Please keep posting ON topic. DO NOT leave negative feedback on someone you disagree with.

I'm just gonna go right down the list he posted and say yes or no and throw my 2 cents in now...

Is the United States military warriors: yes.
Private security contractors and mercs?: no to security, yes to mercs.
native warrior societies: yes

who are warriors: someone who has faced an opposing enemy in battle.

what is a definition of a warrior? see post above.

Can a tribe have it own security forces? yes. but better be ready to either fight or stand down, when uncle sam sez put up you're dukes.

Why do you want you're own soldiers / security? The ones already serving aren't good enough for you?

Thats it, done with this thread...say good nite Gracie...Good nite Gracie...

R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Ndnsoldierboy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-19-2009, 01:59 AM   #12
Senior Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ndnsoldierboy View Post
Why do you want you're own soldiers / security? The ones already serving aren't good enough for you?
Although Traditional warriors and military both serve for the purpose of defending the people, the need for traditional warriors is to defend against the government. Not about if some one is good enough.

Take a moment and think that although we are all NDN we are living under 2 seperate governments. Up here treaty issues and lands as well as unceaded lands are being tromped on and warrior societies are standing up in an effort to stop it. 2 of the blockades currantly going on are over a year old. No longer in the news but still there. A year ago 6 people in one community 1, in a near by community and 2 from mine were jailed. They were peaceful, 7 were seniors, the only thing they could get them on was contempt of court. One of them plead out as a single mom she had little choice. One is still in jail. So I think up here people see a need for warriors cause people are choosing to stand against the government, A military soldier can't do this without getting in a whole heap of trouble, especially since they get paid by the government. So don't take the need for traditional warriors as an insult, just another need to fill.

Oh in addition, we are talking traditional (not just angry youngsters with hot heads), supported by Elders or chiefs, 8 of the 9 people previously mentioned were Elders or Chiefs.

Last edited by SuzzeQ4; 02-19-2009 at 02:05 AM..
Old 02-19-2009, 01:30 PM   #13
Tiny Tot Dancer

NdnSoldierboy - Thanks for the post..that was exactly what I was looking for... just a straight up answer to the question asked... Hope you enjoy the green bead I left you. Thank you.

As far as having our own soldiers --- IF your in Iraq, Korea, or Afghanistan, you are not hear to help with the day-to-day battles... every now and then, the People need armed defense HERE, in North America.
So... the Military can defend us from foreign countries.. good.
But, sometimes.. we need armed response HERE, in our own country.

My cousin is a Ranger, but when we needed some muscle here, he could not just up and leave and come home... he had to stay there in the sand...

So me and my other cousins did the work.

So, like Suzze said... it is not choosing one over the other --- it is about TWO different roles that need to be filled.
Old 02-19-2009, 11:09 PM   #14
Junior Dancer

Bodica has a reputation beyond reputeBodica has a reputation beyond reputeBodica has a reputation beyond reputeBodica has a reputation beyond repute
Bodica has a reputation beyond reputeBodica has a reputation beyond reputeBodica has a reputation beyond reputeBodica has a reputation beyond reputeBodica has a reputation beyond reputeBodica has a reputation beyond reputeBodica has a reputation beyond reputeBodica has a reputation beyond reputeBodica has a reputation beyond reputeBodica has a reputation beyond reputeBodica has a reputation beyond reputeBodica has a reputation beyond reputeBodica has a reputation beyond reputeBodica has a reputation beyond reputeBodica has a reputation beyond reputeBodica has a reputation beyond reputeBodica has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's Dad View Post
I didn't call you white. I said it seemed you have a lot of anglo influence in you.
Anglo-Saxton doesn't mean White.
It means German.
It just became sinonomous with White, because for awhile, German-Americans were the largest European ethnicity in the U.S.A.
Bodica is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-20-2009, 11:21 AM   #15
Tiny Tot Dancer

No.."Anglo" means "English"... in fact, up here in eastern canada we call "english speakers "akaneshau" OR some form of that "aqalesho" (a-ha-ley-shau) for example...

It refers to "anglo" or "englo"... meaning from Britian.

The Saxon part refers to the Germans.

So...calling someone a Saxon means "German".
Calling someone an Anglo-Saxon means The non-celtic british..a.k.a. the Germans that invaded Britian and took it over (took it from the Celts) in the mid 5th century.

Calling someone an "anglo" just means you are calling them English.

My family is not from England, so I'm not Anglo--- or Anglo-Saxon.

However..the term Anglo has been erroneously used by non-whites to refer to whites, disregarding the actual context of the word.
Old 02-21-2009, 01:32 AM   #16
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodica View Post
Anglo-Saxton doesn't mean White.
It means German.
It just became sinonomous with White, because for awhile, German-Americans were the largest European ethnicity in the U.S.A.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IlnuSoldier View Post
No.."Anglo" means "English"... in fact, up here in eastern canada we call "english speakers "akaneshau" OR some form of that "aqalesho" (a-ha-ley-shau) for example...

It refers to "anglo" or "englo"... meaning from Britian.

The Saxon part refers to the Germans.

So...calling someone a Saxon means "German".
Calling someone an Anglo-Saxon means The non-celtic british..a.k.a. the Germans that invaded Britian and took it over (took it from the Celts) in the mid 5th century.

Calling someone an "anglo" just means you are calling them English.

My family is not from England, so I'm not Anglo--- or Anglo-Saxon.

However..the term Anglo has been erroneously used by non-whites to refer to whites, disregarding the actual context of the word.
Both of you are right.

Most non-whites here consider all europeans 'anglos'. Whole lot easier to lump them together than trying to learn their ancestryand culture.

Saves a lot of time.

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Old 02-21-2009, 01:33 AM   #17
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Now let's not deter from the subject of warriors.

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Old 02-21-2009, 03:25 AM   #18
is lost in reality...

50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute
50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute
Location: where no buffalo roam, but the prairie dogs do.....
Credits: 404.87
who gives a dam what they're called!!!!!......I swear the stupidity level of some people amazes me..........wasn't someone bytchin about movin the subject matter in another thread?!!??!!?.......Jesus Christ.........anyway.....LOL!!!!

...And shephards we shall be. For thee my lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand. That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be. E Nomini Patri, E Fili, E Spiritu Sancti.
50cal is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-21-2009, 06:32 PM   #19
Junior Dancer

Bodica has a reputation beyond reputeBodica has a reputation beyond reputeBodica has a reputation beyond reputeBodica has a reputation beyond repute
Bodica has a reputation beyond reputeBodica has a reputation beyond reputeBodica has a reputation beyond reputeBodica has a reputation beyond reputeBodica has a reputation beyond reputeBodica has a reputation beyond reputeBodica has a reputation beyond reputeBodica has a reputation beyond reputeBodica has a reputation beyond reputeBodica has a reputation beyond reputeBodica has a reputation beyond reputeBodica has a reputation beyond reputeBodica has a reputation beyond reputeBodica has a reputation beyond reputeBodica has a reputation beyond reputeBodica has a reputation beyond reputeBodica has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Both of you are right.

Most non-whites here consider all europeans 'anglos'. Whole lot easier to lump them together than trying to learn their ancestryand culture.

Saves a lot of time.

Very true.
I've always been insulted by that sterio-type.
I am a full-blooded Celt.
I have no German herritage, whatsoever.
It's like if you're a Dine, & someone calls you a "Navaho", you know?
Old 02-21-2009, 06:36 PM   #20
Junior Dancer

Quote:
Now let's not deter from the subject of warriors.
Good point.
What do you think about fire-fighters and police officers?
Those men and women who risk their lives (and sometimes lose them) in order to save others?
Like the firefighter who loses his life trying to save survivors in a burning buildning,
or the police officer who deliberately takes a bullet from a criminal, in-order to protect an innocent by-stander by shielding them with his own body?

Last edited by Bodica; 02-21-2009 at 11:27 PM.. Reason: typo
Sponsored Links