Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat > War Discussion Fort Hood shootings Fort Hood shootings

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-07-2009, 11:35 AM   #1
Powwow Dude

Items DevilUser Name Style ChangeUser Title Style Change
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 38,634.63
Savings: 1.00
Fort Hood shootings

I have been staying up on the current news coming from Fort Hood
And several things leap out at me about this story

1) It was an Officer a Major no less, that is accused of doing the shooting!!

2) The aggressiveness of the two police officers at the onset instead of waiting on Backup saved countless more lives!! True Hero's in my opinion to attack the shooter head on! By the way they were there for Traffic control!!!

3) His Religion is going to play a huge role in the Why of this case

4) Did I mention he was an officer??? Holy Crap!! If they told me Mickey Mouse had shot up Disney World I could not have been more astonished!

5) The total senselessness of this crime, the people that he shot were a cross section of our youth that join the military and for him to shoot a Pregnant woman may he rot in a thousand hells!!! It was fortunate that he was wounded and will stand trial for these Heinous crimes!!!

Of course these are only my opinion and certainly if you want to have a different opinion then thank a soldier for that privilege you know the ones that were at Fort Hood would be a start!!!!!
Old 11-07-2009, 12:43 PM   #2
is lost in reality...

50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute
50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute
Location: where no buffalo roam, but the prairie dogs do.....
Credits: 404.87
the funny thing is, he did it in Texas, a capitol punishment state, so he will get the death penalty. Another thing is he can't plead insanity, because he was freaking shrink!!!!......I tell you, if the Muslims wanted to stay out of the lime light, not gonna happen now. This so-called officer just single handedly ruined anything for the Islamic faith. Now the racists are definitely coming out of the woodwork. You will see an upward trend of violence towards Muslims. Maybe we are in a global war now. The beginning of World War 3, and so far without all the nuclear hoopla that wa to be associated with it.

...And shephards we shall be. For thee my lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand. That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be. E Nomini Patri, E Fili, E Spiritu Sancti.
50cal is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-07-2009, 01:57 PM   #3
It is useless to resist.

Items ElephantDevilPresentGuitar
Ndnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond repute
Ndnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 105,761.69
Savings: 52.80
So much for the religion of peace.

To our fallen comrades in arms.

R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Ndnsoldierboy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-07-2009, 07:29 PM   #4
Back where I belong

Items Present
NorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond repute
NorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 2,899.39
Savings: 0.00
I was angry when I heard of this - angrier still when it was an officer and even more angry when I found out he was a Muslim.

I try to keep an open mind, but I don't know of any major religion today where homicide is carried out as an act of worship. True, I know not all Muslims are this way, and many are peaceful people, but it just takes one case like this overshadow the many law-abiding, upstanding Muslim citizens of this country.

There was a case recently in Arizona where a Muslim father ran down his own daughter and her friend with a car because he was angry that the daughter was becoming too Westernized - the daughter died this past Monday.

Honor killings, suicide bombings, female mutilation, subjugation of women - one has to wonder why this religion appeals to so many.
NorthofAda is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-08-2009, 09:36 PM   #5
gramma de

gramma de has a reputation beyond reputegramma de has a reputation beyond reputegramma de has a reputation beyond reputegramma de has a reputation beyond reputegramma de has a reputation beyond reputegramma de has a reputation beyond reputegramma de has a reputation beyond reputegramma de has a reputation beyond reputegramma de has a reputation beyond reputegramma de has a reputation beyond reputegramma de has a reputation beyond reputegramma de has a reputation beyond reputegramma de has a reputation beyond reputegramma de has a reputation beyond reputegramma de has a reputation beyond reputegramma de has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
My oldest nephew was there, he just came back from Iraq and he called his parents before they stopped communication to let them know he was not one that was shot.His youngest brother is in Iraq for his second tour, we offer many prayers for these two men and for all the men and women serving. Fighting for our country.
gramma de is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-09-2009, 02:49 PM   #6
Powwow Dude

Items DevilUser Name Style ChangeUser Title Style Change
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 38,634.63
How many caught the show Face the Nation yesterday
I normally dont watch the show but in light of the recent shootings on Fort Hood I thought it would be Worthwhile

One of the Questions posed to several of the Senators that sit on Defense Committees was this:
Has America become "Too PC" ?? (Politically Correct)

Well of course they are going to answer no, but it really raised a serious question

The Shooter is a Major in the Armed Forces and outranks 90 percent of the people in the armed forces
Was the fact that his religion allowed some to overlook his behavior leading up to the shooting???

This is a highly charged subject and one that we as Americans do very poorly at, we tend to lump large groups of people into a box a label them!
Ask a Man that is a Sikh if after 9/11 they were not harassed because of their headgear (They are Indian and their religion is not Muslim!)

Not all Muslims are Terrorist but from certain prospectives they are viewed that way...
The same with Catholics and Protestants in Northern Ireland the one believes the other are Terrorists and yet they both are Irish.

Which brings up another point not all Muslims are Middle Eastern, Americans mix up Race and Religion all the time...
I have heard many people say that Jews are a Race of People, and the same with Muslem that they are all Arabians and yet some are christian or other...

Unfortunately with the Muslim faith a very small part has high-jacked the Religion.

In our Major's case he was born in Virginia and yes was a practicing Muslim he occasionally claimed he was Jordanian although he was not
Was very outspoken about his views of our involvement in the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. And yet promoted up the ladder in the Army when some of his superiors knew of his views. The final straw seemed to be after President Obama was elected he did not immediately withdraw our troops from overseas as he had hoped and became more and more agitated
They then Transfered him to Fort Hood which we are a witness to the direct action.
Did his Religion play a part in the shooting??
We dont know and I dont think we will ever fully understand why somebody decides to take "innocent" lives at the point of a Gun...

The backlash from this is going to be huge!!!

I guess it is hard to make people understand the enormity of the this Fact:

IT WAS AN OFFICER THAT DID THE SHOOTING!!!

For those of us that were in the military understand why I am so shocked!!!
An officer in the military is to be obeyed without question
Even if the order makes no sense you carry it out and then report the matter
LOL
Every enlisted man is trained to obey the orders of an Officer!

So the very fact that an Officer and a Gentleman did the shootings is so out of character and beyond comprehision!
Even in the face of EYE Witnesses that he was the lone Gunman they still took 3 enlisted men into custody and interogated them for hours afterwards till they grudging released them because they could not believe it was an officer that did this!!!!!
Sponsored Links