Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat > War Discussion Help me to understand Help me to understand

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-30-2005, 06:42 PM   #1
Tiny Tot Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
coastee is just really nice
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Help me to understand

What are we fighting for?
coastee is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-31-2005, 09:31 AM   #2
is lost in reality...

50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute
50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute
Location: where no buffalo roam, but the prairie dogs do.....
Credits: 404.87
Savings: 1.00
That would highly depend on who you ask......you got people on one side who say we fight for oil, but in my opinion, if that was the case why is it so damn expensive???......then on the other, it's said it's for the democracy and freedom of the iraqi people.......so depending on your views and feelings towards such things, only person who can better help you understand is yourself and what you believe in......

...And shephards we shall be. For thee my lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand. That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be. E Nomini Patri, E Fili, E Spiritu Sancti.
50cal is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-31-2005, 11:28 AM   #3
kitozudoto

injunboy has a reputation beyond repute
injunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,812.27
man what an open ended question. but for now ill apply it to iraq. we are in iraq because george bush sr. couldnt finish the job. so here comes W. with this agenda in the back of his mind. *i need to end this once and for all* because technically daddys out of office and saddams still running a country. and thats just not right..lol

its that simple......dont let spin or politics tell you otherwise..haha

*RoUg3 MoD sTaTuS*
injunboy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-31-2005, 05:59 PM   #4
Teen Dancer

natureluvr is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastee
Lemme see if I can recollect the sequence of events:

1. Osama ordered planes to be flown into World Trade Center, Pentagon, and the White House.
2. Public outrage, shock, unity, sudden surge of patriotism. G.W.Bush gets what I call an "open check" to take military action against terrorists and the "axis of evil", which included Iraq.
3. At first war (or actually not a "real war" but a justifiable retaliation) was declared on Osama and his followers so troops were sent to Afghanistan and Kuwait, and are still there to this day.
4. After a long game of cat and mouse in the mountains, it was reported or rumored that there were (the infamous) weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. Attention, and later troops, were focused on Iraq. In the meantime Osama is still running around.
5. All focus is on Iraq. Oops! I forgot to mention the weapons inspectors who have been looking for these wmd's for years; since W's dad was there in the '90's. Ok, all focus is on Iraq.
6. Ultimately it was revealed there were no wmds, but we did topple a terrible dictator, so kudos for us. (people forgot it was our country that put him in power in the first place. Him and Osama; I think it all goes back to the Iran/Contra affair, but I was in high school while that was going on, so did not listen) Unfortunately, the country is in a terrible state of ruin now and our guys are there now to help to rebuild and to train Iraqis to defend themselves and their country.
7. Meanwhile, we still have folks in Afghanistan and Kuwait; my old Fleet hospital unit just deployed there this past January and will be there for the next two years. Osama is still running around............
so, I guess the reason why we are there now is to help rebuild the destruction. These are basically the facts as I recall them to be; I will leave my personal opinion out of this.
If I have written any inaccuracies please except my sincere apologies; this is just a brief overview from my memory banks............feel free to correct my mistakes, but please do not criticize, as you can see I tried to be as neutral as I could.
Old 09-01-2005, 02:10 PM   #5
kitozudoto

injunboy has a reputation beyond repute
injunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,812.27
lol, somebody got lied too about iraq.

*RoUg3 MoD sTaTuS*
injunboy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-01-2005, 02:11 PM   #6
Tiny Tot Dancer

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by injunboy
man what an open ended question. but for now ill apply it to iraq. we are in iraq because george bush sr. couldnt finish the job. so here comes W. with this agenda in the back of his mind. *i need to end this once and for all* because technically daddys out of office and saddams still running a country. and thats just not right..lol

its that simple......dont let spin or politics tell you otherwise..haha
Old 09-01-2005, 02:12 PM   #7
Tiny Tot Dancer

And yet he's still in office
Old 09-01-2005, 02:16 PM   #8
Tiny Tot Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50cal
That would highly depend on who you ask......you got people on one side who say we fight for oil, but in my opinion, if that was the case why is it so damn expensive???......then on the other, it's said it's for the democracy and freedom of the iraqi people.......so depending on your views and feelings towards such things, only person who can better help you understand is yourself and what you believe in......
Okay doesn't it seem a little odd that when I ask complete strangers why we are fighting these people tell me that I need to ask myself. It's a WAR for crying outloud I didn't start it so why do I need to ask myself why it got started. That's Trying to find out why a criminal commited a crime and instead of just asking him we try and figure out why we THINK he committed the crime
Old 09-01-2005, 05:56 PM   #9
Banned

quicksilverwade is just really nice
Quote:
Okay doesn't it seem a little odd that when I ask complete strangers why we are fighting these people tell me that I need to ask myself. It's a WAR for crying outloud I didn't start it so why do I need to ask myself why it got started. That's Trying to find out why a criminal commited a crime and instead of just asking him we try and figure out why we THINK he committed the crime
Look Coastee,
Who do you think is expendable? The civilians or the soldiers? So are you willing to die or willing to cry?
quicksilverwade is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-01-2005, 10:37 PM   #10
Tiny Tot Dancer

I'm willing to die but what am I dying for?
Old 09-02-2005, 03:00 AM   #11
is lost in reality...

50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute
ask yourself...............what do you believe in???

...And shephards we shall be. For thee my lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand. That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be. E Nomini Patri, E Fili, E Spiritu Sancti.
Old 09-02-2005, 03:01 AM   #12
is lost in reality...

Quote:
Actually I think thats what they do..........LOL!! Your analogy didn't make sense.....LOL!!

Old 09-02-2005, 12:09 PM   #13
Banned

quicksilverwade is just really nice
Quote:
I'm willing to die but what am I dying for?
For the safety of your family and your tribe.
quicksilverwade is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-02-2005, 01:02 PM   #14
PowWows.com Addicts

~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute
~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
where did he say ask yourself why? he said the only person that can help you better understand is yourself! UNDERSTAND the reasons, get it? gaah! Lol...

But I've been told it's the other way around!
~pathwalker~ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-02-2005, 08:02 PM   #15
Tiny Tot Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilverwade
For the safety of your family and your tribe.
Thank you, but what excactly am I keeping them safe from. (by the way this is all just hypothetical)
Old 09-02-2005, 08:44 PM   #16
Mz. Beanie

Ima Humanbean has a reputation beyond reputeIma Humanbean has a reputation beyond reputeIma Humanbean has a reputation beyond reputeIma Humanbean has a reputation beyond reputeIma Humanbean has a reputation beyond reputeIma Humanbean has a reputation beyond reputeIma Humanbean has a reputation beyond reputeIma Humanbean has a reputation beyond reputeIma Humanbean has a reputation beyond reputeIma Humanbean has a reputation beyond reputeIma Humanbean has a reputation beyond reputeIma Humanbean has a reputation beyond reputeIma Humanbean has a reputation beyond reputeIma Humanbean has a reputation beyond reputeIma Humanbean has a reputation beyond reputeIma Humanbean has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I can't say why we are fighting. Why we actually got involved. But I know if I was and Iraquie (sp?) woman I would want someone there to try to help. These woman are treated worse than animals.
Ima Humanbean is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-02-2005, 10:29 PM   #17
Senior Dancer

River Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond repute
At one time this seemed easy to answer--I would have quickly replied "freedom, democracy..." Now, it just sounds trite; and I fear we are just force feeding people who have different beliefs than us, and why shouldn't they be allowed that? I know longer believe we are fighting to get rid of the Osama's, the terrorists, before they get us--again. I admit to being completely disillusioned. However, I love and support our troops. I believe they are doing their job, what their Commander in Chief has told them to do, and that, my friends, is what an army (navy, marines) are expected to do.
"The Cleveland Indians are going to change their name. They don't want to be known as a team that perpetuates racial stereotypes. From now on they're just going to be called the Indians." - Native Comedian Vaughn Eaglebear, Colville/Lakota
River Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-02-2005, 10:51 PM   #18
Tiny Tot Dancer

Unhappy

Thank you, We are doing what we're told to do but many of us have questions as to why. Much like Vietnam, except nobody's getting drafted"YET". Why are my brothers and sisters in arms fighting.
Old 09-02-2005, 10:52 PM   #19
Tiny Tot Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~pathwalker~
where did he say ask yourself why? he said the only person that can help you better understand is yourself! UNDERSTAND the reasons, get it? gaah! Lol...
He asked me to ask myself why are we fighting at the very beginning of this thread.
Old 09-02-2005, 11:24 PM   #20
PowWows.com Addicts

Annie Fawn has a reputation beyond repute
Annie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond repute
Savings: 24.00
We're fighting terrorism. Think World Trade Center, Pentagon and the plane that crashed in Pa.