Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat > War Discussion Madrid Madrid

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-14-2004, 02:24 PM   #1
I'M NASSSTTTYYYYYY!!!!!!

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
MissGolightly has a reputation beyond reputeMissGolightly has a reputation beyond reputeMissGolightly has a reputation beyond reputeMissGolightly has a reputation beyond reputeMissGolightly has a reputation beyond reputeMissGolightly has a reputation beyond reputeMissGolightly has a reputation beyond reputeMissGolightly has a reputation beyond reputeMissGolightly has a reputation beyond reputeMissGolightly has a reputation beyond reputeMissGolightly has a reputation beyond reputeMissGolightly has a reputation beyond reputeMissGolightly has a reputation beyond reputeMissGolightly has a reputation beyond reputeMissGolightly has a reputation beyond reputeMissGolightly has a reputation beyond reputeMissGolightly has a reputation beyond reputeMissGolightly has a reputation beyond reputeMissGolightly has a reputation beyond reputeMissGolightly has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Madrid

What's everyone's thoughts on this?

2 years and 6 months after 9/11/01.
911 days after 9/11/01.

"I can't sleep, the clowns will eat me."

"Things are more like today than they ever have been."
MissGolightly is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-17-2004, 12:50 PM   #2
Pow Wow Visitor

adam is an unknown quantity at this point
My opinion..............

I guess we can say, "Welcome to our world".
Old 03-17-2004, 02:00 PM   #3
I'M NASSSTTTYYYYYY!!!!!!

MissGolightly has a reputation beyond reputeMissGolightly has a reputation beyond reputeMissGolightly has a reputation beyond reputeMissGolightly has a reputation beyond reputeMissGolightly has a reputation beyond reputeMissGolightly has a reputation beyond reputeMissGolightly has a reputation beyond reputeMissGolightly has a reputation beyond reputeMissGolightly has a reputation beyond reputeMissGolightly has a reputation beyond reputeMissGolightly has a reputation beyond reputeMissGolightly has a reputation beyond reputeMissGolightly has a reputation beyond reputeMissGolightly has a reputation beyond reputeMissGolightly has a reputation beyond reputeMissGolightly has a reputation beyond reputeMissGolightly has a reputation beyond reputeMissGolightly has a reputation beyond reputeMissGolightly has a reputation beyond reputeMissGolightly has a reputation beyond repute
Re: My opinion..............

Quote:
Originally posted by adam
I guess we can say, "Welcome to our world".
Ah, no. They have been dealing with terrorism longer than we have.

Too many U.S. people have no clue about terrorism around the world.

I just thought it was interesting that the news would give those numbers.

I'm also glad that Spain is pulling it's troops out of Iraq.

Last edited by MissGolightly; 03-17-2004 at 02:08 PM..
Old 03-17-2004, 11:40 PM   #4
Like my new toy?

Privateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 30.00
Savings: 1.00
What I thought was interesting is that a Scandinavian country got intel in july or august about the possible consequences of a terrorist strike in Spain just before elections. Al Queada believed that an attack would cause a change in government favorable to them. I believe they were right on the money. Supposedly this intel was not shared until after the fact.

I wonder what would happen if this happened here in the US in October or November?

Although I think the Iraq operations could have been handled a little better, they were needed. After all Kuwait was attacked by scuds that violated UN protocals on distance. As for Al-Queda, please rember what happened almost 70 years ago when Chamberlain dealt with a washed out artist with a funny mustache named Adolf. I believe in negotiations, but blood has been shed here in the US, actions speak louder than words.
Privateer6 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-21-2004, 11:51 PM   #5
Tiny Tot Dancer

hummingrose can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissGolightly
I'm also glad that Spain is pulling it's troops out of Iraq.
Spain aligns with the French... a bunch of Cheese Eating Surrender Monkies
:worthy:
Old 03-23-2004, 02:44 AM   #6
Divine Scientific Genius

DeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,162.00
Savings: 569.25
Spain, france and the whole rest of the world are entitled to their opinions. The spanish think that withdrawing is a good way to protect the citizens of spain. they are probably right.
I get soo sick of white americans swaggering around thinking they are the only ones that are right, and that their opinins matter to any one but themselves. Bush is a liar, and has not apologised for his false information and errors that got us into this war in the first place, insead, he tries to blame it on everybody else and make excuses like a little brat.
My 11 year old brother is more accountable and reliable than that supposedly full-grown man. And any one who still supports him or believes him is a dangerous nitwit.

America needs to step down it's military presence in iraq.
Those people are not only ungrateful, they are crazy and self destructive. The US should pull out and just let them kill each other off. they've been doing it for thousands of years, why stop them now. Instead, lots of people who really don't need to be over there are getting killed everyday while the whitey leaders here at home can sit on their fat, lying asses and goof off.
I want my aunts, uncles and cousins home before I loose another friend or relative to this trifling bullsh*t. Why are native people dying for this? We don't owe these pink savages and squatters our lives. They don't deserve the lives of my family.

so those of you who are all gung-ho about "kicking a little iraqui a$$", unless you are losing close friends and family to that freakshow over there you can just shut the hell up about other countries who are obviously more intelligent than americans and staying the hell out of it.

The secret of my succes is 30% natural talent, 10% inspiration, and the remaining 60% is just the fact that I am nucking futs.
DeusExMachina is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-23-2004, 11:10 PM   #7
Tiny Tot Dancer

hummingrose can only hope to improve
Hey! I am entitled to my opions too, and I support Bush. I'm not a "dangerous nit-wit," and shame on you for going against your own philisophy. Actually, just so that you know that you are wrong, Bush did apologize for the WMD episode. HE recieved false information from the CIA, and, like anyone with common sense would, believed them. (Look at the facts, Saddam used chemical weapons on his own people! Remember the Kurds?) Saddam is not stupid. He is not going to keep those weapons in the country while we are on the way to get them. Why do you think he kicked the UN weapons inspectors out of Iraq? Um... I've never heard Bush make an excuse for anything he did. He is pretty blantent about everything. (Instead of turning the channel when he comes on to make a speech, you should listen, assuming that is what you do.) If we step down our military presence in Iraq, what do you think is going to happen? Do you think it will go back to the way it was, or worse? Either path is devastating to the soon-to-be new government of Iraq, the people of Iraq, as well as the exsisting economy of Iraq. So, whether you agree with the war or not, we can't back out. If we do, we will just have to go back and finish it latter, (costing even MORE of YOUR money.) Before holding a prejeduce over an entire country, think about what you say. The citizens of Iraq are not only grateful, they wonder why no one has come sooner! The news channels show important developments from Iraq, which are mostly terrorist bombings and the anti-American protests from the SMALL percentage of extremists. They do not have time to show all those who are parading around the streets with American flags and shooting guns into the air, (a traditional form of celebration in the Middle East.) The large percentage of Kurds, (the Christian population) are rarely shown, if ever, on the news because they are so far north. Yes, the extremists are destructive, and they also support terrorism, which, guess what, is why we are there. You can't just let them kill eachother off, because it won't happen like that in the Middle East. (You mean the tribal situations and disease in Africa.) The Middle East is far too advanced and sophisticated for that. Isreal has been in a Civil War with someone or another for thousands of years and they are still strong! The people of Iraq weren't killing eachother, it was their government that was killing them. Oh and by the way, our Secretary of State, Colin Powell, and Secretary of Education, Rod paige, are black. Our Secretary of Labor, Elaine Chao is Chinese. Our Secretary of Housing and Urban Development, Melvin Martinez, is Hispanic. These members serve, along with 10 others, on the President's Cabinet, whom advise him on the current situation in Iraq. Anyway, I have family and friends in Iraq right now and I am very disgusted with your comments. You are un-intelligent on what is going on over their. You hate the war? What the hell do you think your family and mine are doing over there? You can't hate the war, you know nothing about it. I understand that you want your family home, I do too, but don't disgrace them by talking like you are about what they are doing over there. You are only saying that everything that they have accomplished means nothing. The lives that were lost mean nothing because you don't like what they died for. You can't support the soldier and not the cause. You are also a racist biggot. I'm Cherokee, but I'm also Irish and Hungarian, which I hold great pride of. I can tell, without even knowing you, just by what you wrote, that you will go nowhere in life unless you change your attitude. No one outside your reservation will put up with that crap. Your grudge comes handed down generation to generation. With your attitude you will only teach your children hate which will burden them the rest of their lives. Your spiteful attitude is not wanted on American soil, so you might as well stay on the reservation, because no one will give you the time of day if you truly hold that hate in your heart. (And, we all know how "good" reservation life is.) Have Fun!

Last edited by hummingrose; 03-23-2004 at 11:23 PM..
hummingrose is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-24-2004, 11:09 AM   #8
I'M NASSSTTTYYYYYY!!!!!!

HAHA!! Hummingrose, I have watched Bush's speech and I have studied political science and Bush is a complete moron!! He has lied several several times to the American citizens. And he has not apologized for his lies, he just continues to blame other people instead of taken responsibility for it himself, like he is suppose to being that he is the president. I especially liked it when the news got out that he was planning to invade Iraq when he first got into office, before 9/11.

I could go on and on about the many mistakes in your post but I'm not going to bore everyone right now. Perhaps I'll send you some links that might help you in some misunderstandings about the Middle East.

Here's some "intelligent" quotes:

We've tripled the amount of money -- I believe it's from $50 million up to $195 million available.
-- Fuzzy math of the Dubya variety, Lima, Peru, Mar. 23, 2002

Border relations between Canada and Mexico have never been better.
-- In press conference with Canadian PM, and apparently forgetting about the country wedged between Canada and Mexico, Sept. 24, 2001

I'm proud of the Sergeant. I'm proud to call him, citizen. I'm proud to call him, fellow citizen to America.
-- Trying to pay a compliment to Master Gunnery Sergeant Guadalupe Denogean, White House, Oct. 2, 2003

The American people are going to have to be more patient than ever with the efforts of not just ourselves, but the efforts of our allies, to get them running and to find them and to hunt them down.
-- Pentagon, Sept. 17, 2001

I need to be able to move the right people to the right place at the right time to protect you, and I'm not going to accept a lousy bill out of the United Nations Senate.
-- South Bend, Indiana, Oct. 31, 2002

This isn't a Republican war, this isn't a Democrat war; this is an American war.
-- Making what seems an unnecessary clarification, as political parties cannot unilaterally declare war, Sioux Falls, South Dakota, Apr. 24, 2002

I appreciate Thomas Downs, who's your superintendent. Interestingly enough, he showed me a picture of he and my dad when he was -- I think a teacher, he said -- in Iowa.
-- Giving a speech on education at Logan High School, LaCrosse, Wisconsin, May 8, 2002

Marching for war doesn't instill a lot of confidence in the future.
-- I hear that, Dubya, Washington, D.C., Feb. 19, 2004

I'm dealing with a world in which we have gotten struck by terrorists with airplanes, and we get intelligence saying that there is, you know, we want to harm America.
-- I'm hoping this was a misstatement on Dubya's part, on NBC's "Meet the Press", Feb. 8, 2004

http://www.dubyaspeak.com/freshdubya.shtml

Old 03-24-2004, 11:20 AM   #9
I'M NASSSTTTYYYYYY!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingrose
Spain aligns with the French... a bunch of Cheese Eating Surrender Monkies
:worthy:
Wow, you're so intelligent!! You really know a lot about world. crabbyolebear is right, "dangerous nitwit!"

HAHA!!

You know, it's always good to have more countries hate the U.S. Keep on bringing on comments like that!!

Old 03-24-2004, 04:15 PM   #10
Insert Image Here

SmokeEater has a reputation beyond repute
SmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 261.80
Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingrose
Saddam is not stupid. He is not going to keep those weapons in the country while we are on the way to get them. Why do you think he kicked the UN weapons inspectors out of Iraq?...
Yeah... it's been a year and nothing... But then again it's always in the last place you look right? :)

I'll be leaving for Parris Island in a few weeks... so after Basic, and MOS training... I'll be done in ten months or so... I'm sure they'll be found by then, and I won't have to go

Last edited by SmokeEater; 03-24-2004 at 04:26 PM..
SmokeEater is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-06-2004, 03:41 PM   #11
Quality Taco Inspector

Gache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 727.00
MissGolightly you dont know much about the world either based on what you have posted in the past. Your knowledge of history is terrible which leads to flawed interpretations of current events.
Old 04-06-2004, 03:59 PM   #12
Kootsaakiiyi'taa

Soohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond repute
there but for the grace of God...

sorry, had to borrow a 'White' cliche...

I am just thankful I'm not in the White House. Neither do I feel I am in a position of second guessing anyone up there on the Hill. We're talking big league, not bush league; and (now I'll use a 'red' cliche) until you've walked in the moccasins... :duel12:

REally, no pun was intended. I just re-read my message and noted the 'bush league'. Comment stands. The government is no more infallible than the Pope (sorry, Mom); they are going to be human and make mistakes or act without necessarily having all the facts. Things could be worse, folks. We could all be speaking Russian, eating borscht, stealing cars and running bad auto repair shops...

Last edited by Soohkiisimsstaan; 04-06-2004 at 04:02 PM..
Soohkiisimsstaan is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-08-2004, 10:09 PM   #13
Like my new toy?

Privateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond repute
Concerning Iraq,
EVERYONE, DEMOS AND REPUBS, OVERESTIMATED SADDAM. I'll try and post some stuff from the congressional record here with what Democrats have said about Saddam.
He may not have had bio and chem weapons, but he did have missiles that violated UN accords from the 1st Gulf War. Does anyone remember the missiles he launched at Kuiwait? Also does anyone remember that an army unit conducted a preliminary test on some suspected barrels that tested positive for chemical agents last year?

Also remember that once you succumb to terrorists, they nwill attack you more. Look at Hitler. Also look at the bombs they found earlier this week along Spain's rail lines AFTER the people voted the government out and the incoming one says troops will be withdrawing soon.
Old 04-08-2004, 10:13 PM   #14
Like my new toy?

Ok here are quotes from various Democratic Party Members on the record. It is rather long but worth reading

"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line." - President Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program." - President Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998

Iraq is a long way from [here], but what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face." - Madeline Albright, Feb 18, 1998

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten time since 1983." - Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb 18,1998

"[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the US Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs." - Letter to President Clinton, signed by Sens. Carl Levin (D-MI), Tom Daschle (D-SD), John Kerry (D - MA), and others Oct. 9,1998

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process." - Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998

"Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies." > - Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999

"There is no doubt that ... Saddam Hussein has invigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continues to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a licit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies." - Letter to President Bush, Signed by Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL,) and others, December 5, 2001

"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandated of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and the means of delivering them." - Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country." - Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power." - Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction." - Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002

"The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons..." - Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002

"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force-- if necessary-- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security." - Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9,2002

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years ... We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction."- Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002

"He has systematically violated, over the course of the past 11 years, every significant UN resolution that has demanded that he disarm and destroy his chemical and biological weapons, and any nuclear capacity. This he has refused to do" - Rep. Henry Waxman (D, CA), Oct. 10, 2002

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including Al Qaeda members.. It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons." - Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002

"We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction." - Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), Dec. 8, 2002

"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real" - Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003
Old 04-09-2004, 09:18 AM   #15
is lost in reality...

50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute
50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute
Location: where no buffalo roam, but the prairie dogs do.....
Credits: 404.87
RE: GJJudd

Some very interesting points that you bring up here. I remember last year before I had deployed for OIF, I had seen John Kerry on TV saying those things. Now he is taking back much of what he said. He's turning his back on his own words. How can you trust a man like that????? I, for one wholly support the president.

Believe it or not, TO EVERYONE ELSE OUT THERE, we have done so much for this country. Hospitals, schools, government buildings have been restored in many places. You don't see or hear about the many Iraqi citizens who support the US. If they did not, do you think that many of them would have gave their lives (ie: Iraqi Police and Iraqi Special Forces) in support of their beliefs and goals to build a democratic government. You don't hear about progress like that. Also, the news reports just show death and destruction on TV. How can most of you people who display your negative attitudes about the war, military and the President go on a one sided view after watching the news when you don't see the other side of the story? I know they don't show it, but everyone can still make some sort of an effort in finding out what has been done so far. There are websites out there who show these things. Our own former president clinton did nothing. We were bombed in our own country before. (during clintons administration) Our naval ship, USS Cole, was run into by a suicide terrorist (17 sailors lost their lives in this incident). Our embassies were attacked. All by terrorists. And clinton did nothing about it. And you want to say S$%T about our current President because he's actually doing something about it? I understand when you do not want your family members and friends to come home in bodybags, my wife and I were both deployed ISO OIF. I still have family there. I, for one, am not going to disgrace them by showing a display of arrogance of what I do not know. So before you post anything on here, make sure you know what you are talking about. And remember this is a public forum, so everyone will read what you say and deduce by that, the way you are.

Another thing, to you people who still live in the past and think you are being oppressed from our government, get a job and a life. Yeah, we had our share, but guess what? That all happened a long time ago. We can do something about it now, instead of whining and crying about how the government has done nothing for you. Open your eyes and look around. Go to school, get your education and do something. I, for one, have taken advantage of the many things the government has to offer. my own tribal government won't lift a finger to help me!! Now has that for distrust??? Anyway I'm done........

Freedom has a flavor the protected will never know....

(reflected to crabbyolebear and missgolightly)
Such befitting names, don't you think????????

...And shephards we shall be. For thee my lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand. That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be. E Nomini Patri, E Fili, E Spiritu Sancti.

Last edited by 50cal; 04-09-2004 at 09:20 AM..
50cal is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-09-2004, 12:28 PM   #16
I'M NASSSTTTYYYYYY!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gache
MissGolightly you dont know much about the world either based on what you have posted in the past. Your knowledge of history is terrible which leads to flawed interpretations of current events.
Um...ok, Yeah, you're right. I don't know much about the jewish world, opps I mean world. (I know, uncalled for, but whatever). My knowledge of history is from books and from stories from people from various countries. Yes, I am still learning...blah blah blah. Of course there's always the famous www to get info, but that's not always reliable either. Hhmmm...isn't history personal interpretations anyway????
I have gotten a lot of information about the world from traveling, living in different countries and being in relationships with people from Turkey, Spain, France, Norway, England, India, Pakistan, South Africa, Nepal, Laos, China, Germany,Iran, Italy, Belgium, Somalia, Argentina, Mexico and so on. It's amazing what one can learn from personal conversations. Blah blah blah...writing too much

I realize that all countries have had some type of terrorism and have done some type of terrorism to other countries. It's life, but I have a hard time when people make comments, like "welcome to our world" as if the United States has been the only country that has been attacked by terrorists. So yeah, there's my piece...I'm going back to my ENR studies and I'll continue to learn and continue to interpret.

P.S. If you go to France, careful of the dudes caring the AKs around the train stations around the entire country....they've been around since the 80s, you know, since they have countless terror attacks on them. Then again, they've done some crazy things to countries too.

Hey, anyone think it's karma coming to bite all these countries in the azz for all the shyt they've done in the way way past?(great grammar--whee!!!!)

Old 04-11-2004, 12:23 PM   #17
I.T.I.

Items Present
7pointbull has a reputation beyond repute7pointbull has a reputation beyond repute7pointbull has a reputation beyond repute
7pointbull has a reputation beyond repute7pointbull has a reputation beyond repute7pointbull has a reputation beyond repute7pointbull has a reputation beyond repute7pointbull has a reputation beyond repute7pointbull has a reputation beyond repute7pointbull has a reputation beyond repute7pointbull has a reputation beyond repute7pointbull has a reputation beyond repute7pointbull has a reputation beyond repute7pointbull has a reputation beyond repute7pointbull has a reputation beyond repute7pointbull has a reputation beyond repute7pointbull has a reputation beyond repute7pointbull has a reputation beyond repute7pointbull has a reputation beyond repute7pointbull has a reputation beyond repute7pointbull has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 3,376.54
Exclamation

all of you chilllll.......

but for reals, some much needed info from alternative news sources (foriegn or what not) need to be looked into.... see manipulation at work first hand, both in this country and abroad. anyways, where the hell is the new AIM?! we should pay more attention to fighting the "good" fight here at our own neighborhood rather than going across town to where we probably don't belong anyway. wah wah wah
oh yeah, all of you that keep saying everything was a long time ago and **** should dye their hair blonde and wear blue eyed contacts and shop at the GAP, listen to the osmonds and convert. There are those of us still here....... we are not leaving and are not fading. we may look different, but our spirit and blood flow continuously.......
I know, the americans aren't leaving either, but let's keep our own identity, true and sincere. no more selling **** for plastics either.
7pointbull is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-12-2004, 11:46 AM   #18
is lost in reality...

50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute
50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute
Location: where no buffalo roam, but the prairie dogs do.....
Credits: 404.87
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7pointbull
all of you chilllll.......

but for reals, some much needed info from alternative news sources (foriegn or what not) need to be looked into.... see manipulation at work first hand, both in this country and abroad. anyways, where the hell is the new AIM?! we should pay more attention to fighting the "good" fight here at our own neighborhood rather than going across town to where we probably don't belong anyway. wah wah wah
oh yeah, all of you that keep saying everything was a long time ago and **** should dye their hair blonde and wear blue eyed contacts and shop at the GAP, listen to the osmonds and convert. There are those of us still here....... we are not leaving and are not fading. we may look different, but our spirit and blood flow continuously.......
I know, the americans aren't leaving either, but let's keep our own identity, true and sincere. no more selling **** for plastics either.

Now did anyone say to forget our identity???? Our culture????? Our traditions????? Apparently you do not read so good or you are reading what you want to read and not see the whole thing........And everything was a long time ago....Get over it and preserve your identity......It's not like your going to change the past.....

...And shephards we shall be. For thee my lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand. That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be. E Nomini Patri, E Fili, E Spiritu Sancti.
50cal is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-12-2004, 03:13 PM   #19
Dineth Hearth Throth

BurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond repute
BurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 22.00
What about if we can hear from some military people that have been to Iraq or around the area the past couple of years..and seen first hand what has happened, 50calNdn has a good point about seeing both sides of the situation........gives you something to think about!! Good points 50cal! :Thumbs
BurBz is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-12-2004, 11:57 PM   #20
Quality Taco Inspector

Gache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 727.00
Missgolightly I could easily triple the number of countries of people that Im in relationship in now and not just the countries I lived in. Thats totally irrelevant to anything, you throw that out there to intimidate hillbillies. There are historical facts like the invasion of england by the normans in 1066. That is fact. Now whether it was a good thing or bad thing is all a matter of perspective. The problem with too many people like you on this board is that you only go back maybe a generation or 2 to back up your opinion. In reality you should go back to the beginning of the historical development that began to get a true perspective.

For instance no indian here is dumb enough to believe the white indian problem is only the last 2 generations. So why would any person here believe t he arab-israeli problem goes back just 2 generations or the celt-anglosaxon problem now renamed protestant-catholic in northern ireland.

Im just criticizing your lack of historical depth. Your posts do not reveal any knowledge of a political-social-economica-spiritual history of any particular group of people. Your a smart person but it sounds like you went to school and was brainwashed by one of the various current political acceptable movements of the day.