• 3 Post By Ndnsoldierboy
  • 4 Post By Ndnsoldierboy
  • 4 Post By Ndnsoldierboy
  • 2 Post By Ndnsoldierboy
  • 1 Post By Ndnsoldierboy
  • 1 Post By Ndnsoldierboy

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat > War Discussion Memorial Day 2017 Memorial Day 2017

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-25-2017, 08:26 PM   #1
is rockin & rollin \m/

Items ElephantDevilPresentGuitar
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Ndnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond repute
Ndnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 76,397.87
Savings: 52.80
Memorial Day 2017

https://youtu.be/bJzRmBCBAm4

Memorial Day 2017.

This weekend I again will be paying my respects to those who paid the ultimate sacrifice, lest we forget.

I have been through many battles and survived countless engagements, and stood at attention at ramp ceremonies for my fallen friends and comrades in arms from other services and Countries who stood by our side.

Too be honest here, there are days I actually wake up and I am back in Afghanistan or Iraq. And I still hear machine gun fire and explosions as if they are close by. Some days are better than others. I have NO regrets though. I was glad I served. And I would do it all over again.

I will post a few things in this thread for my Friends, especially those who never made it home.

Task Force Whiskey Echo Bravo, out.

R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Come on Rez Dawg, you can make it, just another step to go....

Last edited by Ndnsoldierboy; 05-25-2017 at 08:52 PM..
Ndnsoldierboy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-25-2017, 08:31 PM   #2
is rockin & rollin \m/

Ndnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond repute
Ndnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond repute
https://youtu.be/sIWKwE0p3us

Excerpt of Robin Williams in Kandahar, Afghanistan - Christmas 2003

My only USO show December 2003 at Kandahar Airfield, Afghanistan. Robin Williams was soooo funny. The next day we had to go out the wire. And the Redskins cheerleaders showed up. Oh well. Life of an infantryman. RIP Robin Williams.

10th Mountain Division, Climb to Glory!

R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Last edited by Ndnsoldierboy; 05-25-2017 at 08:50 PM..
Old 05-25-2017, 08:49 PM   #3
is rockin & rollin \m/

https://youtu.be/9TPiBAZwgwg

New Fishing Pond on Kandahar Airfield!

I found this video and remember this old **** pond from my time in Kandahar 2003-04. There is a small shooting range in the back. We had to zero our rifles before we went on missions.

Also, there was a dirt road that was used to do our running on which went by the **** pond as well.

Old 05-25-2017, 10:04 PM   #4
is rockin & rollin \m/

One of my good friends from my days at Fort Drum,NY. He was KIA in Mosul, Iraq at a vehicle checkpoint by a suicide car bomb in 2007. He stood his ground and gave his life so that others may live. If that car bomb had gotten through, more lives would have been lost.
Old 05-25-2017, 10:09 PM   #5
is rockin & rollin \m/

I received an American flag from my Unit while deployed that was flown in Afghanistan on 23 October 2003. It's in a case now and I put the certificate in a frame.
Old 05-26-2017, 02:05 AM   #6
is rockin & rollin \m/

A plaque I got in Afghanistan July 2011. This was my last time being there. On our base there, was an attack that left 11 airmen dead in April. An afghan major killed them over a dispute in his pay it was alleged.

We also lost a few soldiers to a suicide car bomber in Kabul.
Old 05-26-2017, 02:45 PM   #7
is rockin & rollin \m/

6 April 2000 was my most memorable reup ceremony on the USS Arizona Memorial. There was a few others there that did the same as me that day. I have a US flag I raised as well on the Memorial. It's in a protective bag now.
Old 05-26-2017, 03:11 PM   #8
is rockin & rollin \m/

Operation Enduring Freedom 2003-04.
10th Mountain Division

My guidon from that deployment.
Old 05-26-2017, 08:09 PM   #9
is rockin & rollin \m/

The US flag from the battle of Iwo Jima.
alumphfres and windanncer like this.
Old 05-27-2017, 04:33 PM   #10
is rockin & rollin \m/

Defense Department identifies soldier killed in vehicle rollover in Syria

The Defense Department on Saturday identified the U.S. service member who died Friday in Syria while participating in Operation Inherent Resolve.

Spc. Etienne Murphy, 22, died in Al-Hasakah, Syria, of injuries sustained during a vehicle rollover related incident, according to the Pentagon.

The incident is under investigation.

Murphy was an infantryman assigned to B Company, 1st Battalion, 75th Ranger Regiment, at Hunter Army Airfield, Georgia. He was on his first deployment, according to information released by U.S. Army Special Operations Command.

Murphy was born in Boston, Massachusetts, and enlisted in the Army from his hometown of Snellville, Georgia, in June 2013, according to USASOC. After training at Fort Benning, Georgia, Murphy served in 2nd Battalion, 22nd Infantry Regiment, which is part of the 10th Mountain Division's 1st Brigade Combat Team, at Fort Drum, New York.

In October 2015, Murphy volunteered to serve in the 75th Ranger Regiment, successfully completing airborne school and Ranger Assessment and Selection Program 1. He was assigned to 1st Battalion, 75th Ranger Regiment, where he served as an anti-tank gunner.

His awards and decorations include the Parachutist Badge, the Army Achievement Medal with three oak leaf clusters, the NATO Medal and the Operation Inherent Resolve Campaign Medal with Campaign Star.

Murphy was posthumously awarded the Army Commendation Medal.

There are about 6,000 American troops spread between Iraq and Syria, where this week Marine Corps artillery crews established a firebase from which U.S. forces intend to attack Islamic State group targets in and around Raqqa.

Rest in peace.
windanncer likes this.

Last edited by Ndnsoldierboy; 05-27-2017 at 04:41 PM..
Old 05-27-2017, 05:09 PM   #11
is rockin & rollin \m/

Fallen Navy pilot's children hug as remains brought home

SAN DIEGO (AP) Deborah Crosby touched her father's flag-draped casket as her three brothers hugged her in a tearful embrace on the tarmac at the San Diego airport Friday ending a more than half century search to find and bring home the remains of Lt. Cmdr. Frederick P. Crosby, shot down as a Navy pilot in the Vietnam War.

Deborah Crosby, now 58, was only six when she was sent home from the first grade to learn her father was presumed dead, though his body had not been found.

Her mother could never talk about that day, but she gave Crosby and her brothers a binder with articles about her father's plane zooming low through the clouds on a bomb damage assessment mission before it was gunned down by North Vietnamese ground forces in 1965. The 31-year-old pilot was armed only with cameras, his daughter said.

Crosby and her grandmother made a pact to someday bring home her father's remains and bury him in his hometown of San Diego.

A year ago, military investigators found his remains in a fish pond in north Vietnam. On Friday, Deborah Crosby fulfilled her promise to her late grandmother.

Passengers watched through the windows of a Delta Air Lines jet as the flag-draped casket was removed from the hold by six sailors.

Deborah Crosby walked forward, touched the casket and embraced her three brothers. The aviator's elderly sister, Sharon, and brother, David, also hugged, and he wiped an eye.

"I'm just overwhelmed with seeing the plane drive up and all of the uniforms and all of the respect and the honors that he's receiving," Deborah Crosby said.

The sailors saluted before the casket left in a hearse.

On Sunday, Frederick Crosby will be buried at Fort Rosecrans National Cemetery with full military honors and a Navy flyover.

Deborah Crosby never doubted the fact that her father was killed. But her grief seemed to linger in a deep space inside her until she received news that his remains had been recovered, finally giving her closure.

"It just changed my life in so many ways," the energy consultant who lives in New York said earlier in an interview. "It relieved a lot of sadness that I've been carrying around in my heart very quietly."

The U.S. military actively searches for missing service members from conflicts worldwide. According to the National League of Families of American Prisoners and Missing in Southeast Asia, 969 missing service members have been accounted for since the end of the Vietnam War in 1975, while the whereabouts of 1,611 remain a mystery.

Deborah Crosby called to inquire regularly about the military's progress on her father's case.

Decades passed and her mother and grandmother both died before investigators got a breakthrough on their third trip to the area when they met Pham Van Truong, a lifelong resident of Nam Ngan ward in Thanh Hoa City.

According to a 50-page report given to Deborah Crosby, the 89-year-old man told investigators he couldn't recall the month or year, but he remembered during the war that he was cooking limestone to reinforce his house when he heard gunfire and ran to the nearby levee to investigate. He saw two planes headed toward his house, and one was on fire as it glided toward the levee. He said he could see its wing and tail surfaces were missing. The aircraft rolled as it hit the fish pond in front of his house, splashing Van Truong with water and mud. The other aircraft kept flying toward the sea.

Based on the new information, U.S. military investigators decided to comb the bottom of the pond in 2015. When they emptied it bucket by bucket, they found bones, pieces of fabric from the pilot's uniform, his chrome lighter and wedding band.

Deborah Crosby felt she could finally shed the tears stored up inside of her.

"It's nice to be able to let out the tears and to have some relief in our hearts," Crosby said. "And now we're able to talk about it. Before we didn't talk much about this and now we can talk proudly and we have you know a happier ending and we can visit my dad's gravesite."

Crosby said her brothers want to keep the fabric, lighter and wedding band.

She said she wants the flag draped over his coffin to be able to "hold it close to my heart."

Welcome home. Rest in peace.
Attached Thumbnails
crosby.jpg  
windanncer likes this.

Sponsored Links