Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat > War Discussion Merry Christmas, Devil Dogs... Merry Christmas, Devil Dogs...

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-20-2004, 12:37 AM   #1
Insert Image Here

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
SmokeEater has a reputation beyond repute
SmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 261.80
Savings: 0.00
Merry Christmas, Devil Dogs...

‘Twas the night before Christmas, he lived all alone,
in a one bedroom house made of plaster and stone.
I had come down the chimney with presents to give
and to see just who in this home did live.

As I looked all about, a strange sight did I did see...
No tinsel, no presents, not even a tree.
No stocking by the fire, just boots filled with sand.
On the wall hung pictures of a far distant land.

With medals and badges, awards of all kind,
a sobering thought soon came to my mind.
For this house was different, unlike any I'd seen.
This was the home of a U.S. Marine.

I'd heard stories about them, I had to see more,
so I walked down the hall and pushed open the door.
And there he lay sleeping, silent, alone.
Curled up on the floor of his one bedroom home.

He seemed so gentle, his face so serene.
Not how I pictured a U.S. Marine.
Was this the hero of whom I'd just read?
Curled up in his poncho, a floor for his bed?

His head was clean shaven, his face weathered tan.
I soon understood this was more than a man.
For I realized the families that I saw that night,
owed their lives to these men, who were willing to fight.

Soon around the nation, the children would play,
and grown-ups would celebrate on a bright Christmas day.
They all enjoyed freedom, each month and all year,
because of Marines like this one lying here.

I couldn't help wonder how many lay alone,
on a cold Christmas eve in a land far from home.
Just the very thought brought a tear to my eye.
I dropped to my knees and I started to cry.

He must have awoken, for I heard a rough voice,
"Santa, don't cry. This is my choice.
I fight for freedom, I don't ask for more.
My life is my God, my Country, my Corps."

With that he rolled over, drifted off into sleep.
I couldn't control it, I continued to weep.
I watched him for hours, so silent and still.
I noticed he shivered from the cold night’s chill.

So I took off my jacket, the one made of red,
and covered this Marine from his toes to his head.
Then I put on his T-shirt of scarlet and gold,
with an eagle, globe and anchor emblazoned so bold.

And although it barely fit me, I began to swell with pride,
and for one shining moment, I was Marine Corps deep inside.
I didn't want to leave him, so quiet in the night,
this guardian of honor so willing to fight.

But half asleep he rolled over, and in a voice clean and pure, said, "Carry on Santa. It's Christmas Day, all secure."
One look at my watch and I knew he was right.
Merry Christmas my friend, Semper Fi, and goodnight.
Old 01-27-2005, 01:23 AM   #2
Pow Wow Visitor

Mouse will become famous soon enough
Credits: 0.00
X-Mas Devil Dogs

Devil Dogs???? are you Associated with the Marine Corps.....because I am a Viet Nam Vet....1970-1971....Lima Co 3/1....Damn i'm OLD....
Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-27-2005, 09:52 PM   #3
Insert Image Here

SmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond repute
In a way... yes. I'm a Navy HM3, going FMF.
Old 12-24-2005, 09:28 PM   #4
Insert Image Here

BUMP

Merry Christmas 2005
Old 12-24-2005, 10:38 PM   #5
PowWows.com Addicts

jones has a reputation beyond reputejones has a reputation beyond reputejones has a reputation beyond reputejones has a reputation beyond reputejones has a reputation beyond reputejones has a reputation beyond reputejones has a reputation beyond reputejones has a reputation beyond reputejones has a reputation beyond reputejones has a reputation beyond reputejones has a reputation beyond reputejones has a reputation beyond reputejones has a reputation beyond reputejones has a reputation beyond reputejones has a reputation beyond repute
Savings: 52.32
Merry Christmas
jones is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-28-2005, 12:09 AM   #6
kitozudoto

injunboy has a reputation beyond repute
injunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,812.27
thx doc for the wishes, it was a good one for sure

*RoUg3 MoD sTaTuS*
injunboy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-28-2005, 06:17 AM   #7
It is useless to resist.

Items ElephantDevilPresentGuitar
Ndnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond repute
Ndnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 103,533.71
Savings: 52.80
Life member of the 1st Marine Division Association / Operation Desert Storm (SWA), and a life member of A co 1/5.

1985-93.

R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Ndnsoldierboy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-02-2006, 04:16 AM   #8
PowWows.com Addicts

**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute
**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute
Location: just think trees, lakes, rolling hills n fresh air.
Kind of late, but gonna say it anyway........Merry Christmas. I took a vacation away from civilization, so barely catching up on here. Had an awesome new year at a powwow on the rez, they honored all the veterans and active servicemembers. We were showered with gifts from the 8th grade class, it was an honor to receive a gift from them kids in Shonto. Thank you.

NSB, how did you spend Christmas out there? How about New Year's Eve? Continue taking care of yourself and return home safely.
Old 01-04-2006, 10:35 AM   #9
It is useless to resist.

Items ElephantDevilPresentGuitar
Ndnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond repute
Ndnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 103,533.71
Savings: 52.80
doing okay...for the most part, doing okay...we did lose some soldiers in our sector, and we treated some innocents but they didn't pull thru...breaks your heart to see them go so young...

R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Ndnsoldierboy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-24-2008, 02:50 PM   #10
Insert Image Here

Bump 2008... Merry christmas and semper fidelis