Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat > War Discussion Native American Veterans needed for Music Video Native American Veterans needed for Music Video

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-28-2004, 03:51 PM   #1
Junior Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Indigenous97 is a jewel in the rough
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Cool Native American Veterans needed for Music Video

Haa’ haa’ tlaa k’olaaluhltl’onh
ROLE CALL!!!!! Calling all VETERANS!!!!!

I recently took part in “Walk with the Warriors” which took place here in Washington DC. The Commander Jake T. Singer put this event together. This group was instrumental in putting together a request for a National Native American Veterans Day to be passed into law. It has already been passed by the House of Representatives and the Senate and is now on the Presidents desk waiting to be signed into law! To see the link for this check out:

http://www.warriorwalk.com/

That day we started off with a Vigil Walk from the Tomb of the Unknown and we walked all the way down to the Lincoln Memorial we were honored to have many Veterans there that day including a Veterans group from the Menominee Nation from Wisconsin.

We also had two Navajo code Talkers there that day, Keith M. Little and Jimmie M. Begay. That day we were also honored to have Mr. Tillman speak who is one of the oldest living elders of the Otoe-Missouria Nation of Oklahoma who lives in Broken Arrow. Mr. Tillmin is Veteran as well, I was very humbled listening to this Elder speak to us that day, I only wish I had a recorder that day so that I could get his speech written down so that I would be able to share it with you all. I will honor him always.

Also, at this event a singer called “Lorrie Church” came down from all the way from Saskatchewan Canada! She is a Native American singer/songwriter from the Sweetgrass First Nation Indian Reservation. Ladies and Gent’s I have to say that she is an AWESOME and extremely TALENTED SINGER and song writer. I really do have to give her MAJOR PROPS!!!!!!

She sang amazingly for us that day, she is currently looking for “ALL NATIVE AMERICAN VETERANS” she is putting together a video called “NATIVE AMERICAN”. Please check this out. I think it would be AWESOME to have Veterans there that day from ALL NATIONS there to represent out past and our present. Please help get the word out on this. Thanks! Her weblink is:

http://www.lorriechurch.com/

-URGENT-

"Calling all Native American Veterans"

Lorrie Church is shooting a music video called "Native American" to honor our Native American Veterans’ and also to honor the memory of the late Lori Piestewa.

All Native American Veterans are invited and welcome to take part and be in the music video. We have secured the services of Steven Goldman. Steven is one of the best music video directors in the world. He has done videos for Shania Twain, Faith Hill, Tim McGraw and Alan Jackson to name a few.

This video will be part of a larger project to build a "National Native American Veterans’ Memorial". The music video will be shot on the Hopi Reservation in Arizona. Lorrie will be donating 100% of the profits from her next CD towards the completion of this memorial.

We want Veterans from every state to be represented including tribal honor/color guards. We will be covering the cost (travel/hotel meals) of only a certain number of Veterans from each region due to our limited budgetary parameters.

With that said, all Native American Veterans will be welcome to take part and be in the music video. (Each tribe may cover the cost of sending as many Veterans as they choose.) Keep in mind we will cover the cost of the meals at the video shoot for all who are there.

Please contact us as soon as possible if you are a Veteran that would like to take part in this project or if you know of a Veteran or Veterans that you would like to participate. We will need to confirm each Veterans’ participation in order to coordinate essential services in conjunction with the video shoot.

We will post the exact date for the shoot once it has been finalized.

Tribal Investors still required.
contact us at:

Email: [email protected]
or call: (306) 937-7796
<Semper Fi!>

Last edited by Indigenous97; 11-28-2004 at 03:55 PM.. Reason: spacing
Indigenous97 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links