Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree259Likes

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat > War Discussion Post military news here. Post military news here.

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-10-2006, 11:30 AM   #41
is rockin & rollin \m/

Items ElephantDevilPresentGuitar
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Ndnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond repute
Ndnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 76,397.87
Savings: 52.80
The soldier who is a mechanic got $19,000 bonus and his wife got $25,000. Whoa! That money is up front! I don't now what his wife does, it must be one of the critical MOS's. But thats alot for an E-4.

I got word one of our sister companies got hit with an IED, and thats normal nowadays, well, not really the norm but it happens, but this one was 8 feet deep, and 14 feet around. Thats one big explosion. They walked away from the blast. Can't say the same for the Humvee though. I remember my platoon got hit and it was about 6 feet, and 8 feet around. Not even close to that explosion.

R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Come on Rez Dawg, you can make it, just another step to go....
Ndnsoldierboy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-12-2006, 12:27 AM   #42
PowWows.com Addicts

**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute
**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute
Location: just think trees, lakes, rolling hills n fresh air.
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Unbelievable how you can just talk about stuff like that and it's shocking for civilians to hear. It's kind humor though. The Creator has bestowed some great blessing upon you to survive this far, NSB. So there's some Jahns over there huh? That's what we call each other over here. Next time you see one, just say shttt-shttt and you'll know which one is native, cuz they'll be the one to turn around! Isn't that true, funny how it works everytime too. The news lately was a Sgt. from Hogback, NM was killed from IED too. Hey, I got some questions, I'll email it to you instead. Take care.
Ndnsoldierboy likes this.
Old 02-12-2006, 09:16 AM   #43
is rockin & rollin \m/

Ndnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond repute
Ndnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond repute
Our unit found a hostage. He escaped from the kidnappers, and found his way to the soldiers in my unit. He said his captors heard the soldiers were doing house to house searches and they ran away leaving the guy tied up in the basement.. somehow freed himself, and ran as fast as he could. He is at home safe and sound. He was from somehere in Europe. I can't remember which country.

And that Baby Noor, was found by one of our companies as well. I didn't know that either. I think she is still in the states...she has the spinal injury or something...she got some operations to help her is all I know about her.

Our unit also did some searches for the missing soldier, Sgt. Maupin. Our unit has searched for days, and did found some bones...not sure if they are human or not.

R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Old 02-13-2006, 05:24 AM   #44
is rockin & rollin \m/

the casualty list so far is at: 2277, according to GlobalsSecurity.org
today Iraq time, 1223 hours, 13 Feb.'06.

We honor those who have paid the ultimate price in Iraq and Afghanistan. God bless the military and those who serve.

Old 02-13-2006, 06:03 AM   #45
is rockin & rollin \m/

close calls...

Yeah, have had a few close calls here. But thats war for you, unless your a pogue of course. Sitting in the rear with the gear. But I guess someone has to be a pogue huh?!
Grenades,VBIEDs, IED's, and small arms fire...there is no short supply of that stuff here.

and still we do our job.
GOD BLESS AMERICA

Old 02-13-2006, 10:21 PM   #46
PowWows.com Addicts

**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute
Pogues..........that's funny! So what are engineers called? just wondering. can't ask 50, he's not here.
Old 02-13-2006, 10:49 PM   #47
is rockin & rollin \m/

engineers are okay...they go out the wire...

Old 02-14-2006, 02:38 PM   #48
PowWows.com Addicts

Annie Fawn has a reputation beyond repute
Annie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond repute
Savings: 24.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ndnsoldierboy
Our unit found a hostage. He escaped from the kidnappers, and found his way to the soldiers in my unit. He said his captors heard the soldiers were doing house to house searches and they ran away leaving the guy tied up in the basement.. somehow freed himself, and ran as fast as he could. He is at home safe and sound. He was from somehere in Europe. I can't remember which country.

And that Baby Noor, was found by one of our companies as well. I didn't know that either. I think she is still in the states...she has the spinal injury or something...she got some operations to help her is all I know about her.

Our unit also did some searches for the missing soldier, Sgt. Maupin. Our unit has searched for days, and did found some bones...not sure if they are human or not.

Baby Noor is here in Atlanta, she has had the surgery and is being cared for. I'll find out more and update you later.
Old 02-20-2006, 02:09 AM   #49
PowWows.com Addicts

Saw a special on Baby Noor.......very sad, but I'm glad they discovered the baby in time.
Old 02-21-2006, 12:50 PM   #50
is rockin & rollin \m/

Hey!!! I just my Battalion on tv...it was on CNN. On a mission we were doing over here. Of course you won't be able to recognize any soldiers. It was done at nite time. The cameras were using Night vision devices and its all green and fuzzy, but I saw my Brigade Commander on tv and he is talking about the mission we did here recently. We got captured alot of bad guys and ammo...

Old 02-21-2006, 01:53 PM   #51
PowWows.com Addicts

Annie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ndnsoldierboy
Hey!!! I just my Battalion on tv...it was on CNN. On a mission we were doing over here. Of course you won't be able to recognize any soldiers. It was done at nite time. The cameras were using Night vision devices and its all green and fuzzy, but I saw my Brigade Commander on tv and he is talking about the mission we did here recently. We got captured alot of bad guys and ammo...

Congrads on the capture! We don't get cable out here so we didn't get to see your unit. Stay safe and keep your head down!
Old 02-22-2006, 02:47 AM   #52
is rockin & rollin \m/

I'm now on my way to Viva Las Vegas!!!! and then have to return in about 20 daze to Iraq... Its been real, and its been, fun, but not real fun in Iraq...

Deeds Not Words

Old 02-23-2006, 11:08 PM   #53
PowWows.com Addicts

WELCOME HOME! Enjoy your leave and make sure to give your family and friends plenty of hugs and kisses to make up for time you were in Iraq!
Old 02-28-2006, 12:42 AM   #54
PowWows.com Addicts

Lucky you! hitting a powwow? have fun in "Sin City".
Old 02-28-2006, 09:10 PM   #55
is rockin & rollin \m/

I'll be in Denver tomorrow...then off to San Diego for a bit...going to MCRD.

Old 03-07-2006, 07:01 PM   #56
is rockin & rollin \m/

MCRD was cool to see again...R. Lee Ermey, the Drill Instructor was from my old Battalion...3rd Battalion... How cool is that?

Lima Company Platoon 3007.

now off to Camp Pendleton, CA...home of the 1st Marine Division

Old 03-12-2006, 06:17 PM   #57
is rockin & rollin \m/

and now back in Kuwait.

Old 03-14-2006, 07:31 PM   #58
is rockin & rollin \m/

And now back in Iraq.

Old 03-15-2006, 12:27 PM   #59
is lost in reality...

50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute
50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute
Location: where no buffalo roam, but the prairie dogs do.....
Credits: 404.87
Savings: 1.00
Welcome Home....*L*.....I'm sure the haji's missed you...*L*...JK!......so MCRD??? Trip down memory lane?? I want to go back and watch the training, laugh at the new boots..*L*....I remember my brothers and I would go down to MCRD after a few down the road and sit there and laugh about our times in boot camp....crazy days, goot times....

...And shephards we shall be. For thee my lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand. That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be. E Nomini Patri, E Fili, E Spiritu Sancti.
50cal is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-15-2006, 05:18 PM   #60
is rockin & rollin \m/

A Platoon was on the parade deck doing some close order drill when I was there. Platoon 2097. I saw all the yellowfootprints and damn...those were the daze...

It was 20 years ago I was last there. time fly kinda flew by there, since I've been in...but not when I was going thru boot....haha.

I just got a letter from the Marines on my medal for serving in Korea back in the 80's. The Korean Defense Service Medal I get to wear. That is like 20 medals now...looking like Chesty Puller with all the decorations...*lol*

Semper Fi....

Sponsored Links