Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree82Likes

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat > War Discussion Stuff you carried in combat Stuff you carried in combat

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-30-2008, 02:23 PM   #21
is lost in reality...

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute
50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute
Location: where no buffalo roam, but the prairie dogs do.....
Credits: 404.87
Savings: 1.00
dirty habits?????............us?????????????..........
Ndnsoldierboy likes this.

...And shephards we shall be. For thee my lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand. That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be. E Nomini Patri, E Fili, E Spiritu Sancti.
50cal is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-30-2008, 02:25 PM   #22
is lost in reality...

50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute
what I thought was funny, was back in the rear they would tell you in boot camp that the corpsman wasn't suppose to carry, next thing you know in the 'Stan, our Doc was humping a 203....LOL!!!.....he also got to carry his 9 and we would help but spread-loading.....pretty much he looked no different than any of us.....he did carry a extra decks of cards though for those long nights of Spades......LOL!!!

...And shephards we shall be. For thee my lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand. That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be. E Nomini Patri, E Fili, E Spiritu Sancti.
Old 12-30-2008, 07:35 PM   #23
is rockin & rollin \m/

Items ElephantDevilPresentGuitar
Ndnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond repute
Ndnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 76,397.87
Savings: 52.80
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50cal View Post
what I thought was funny, was back in the rear they would tell you in boot camp that the corpsman wasn't suppose to carry, next thing you know in the 'Stan, our Doc was humping a 203....LOL!!!.....he also got to carry his 9 and we would help but spread-loading.....pretty much he looked no different than any of us.....he did carry a extra decks of cards though for those long nights of Spades......LOL!!!

Doc all loaded down...but much lots of respect for the ones who went out the wire with us.

We did carry morphine in our medical pouch and 1 israeli bandage as well in Afghanistan...but in Iraq, it was just the bandage only.

R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Come on Rez Dawg, you can make it, just another step to go....
Ndnsoldierboy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-31-2008, 07:09 AM   #24
Insert Image Here

SmokeEater has a reputation beyond repute
SmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 261.80
Savings: 0.00
What really impressed me was in Fallujah, we met up with some Artillery bubbas at the gun line where they kept the M198's. I was standing there talking with their Corpsman and they got a fire mission. The next thing I know the Corpsman is running like crazy to the gun, slinging powder bags over his shoulders, and helping send rounds down range. I looked at my Marines like, "why haven't ya'll taught me to do that?" (We're artillery too- Rocket Artillery). Had to be one of the moments I was most proud opf the US Navy Hospital Corps.
Old 01-01-2009, 01:08 PM   #25
kitozudoto

injunboy has a reputation beyond repute
injunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,812.27
our doc carried his 9mil and took very good care of it and also carried his weight among us. and he had this special bottle of motrin that never, never went empty. but!!, theres this time he got into it with a sidewinder snake in the middle of camp. we was standin around shooting the S*** and doc goes into panic mode, aims, and unloads his clip into the dirt! which was jaw dropping and then the snake is still alive! haha we laughed sooo hard man i can still giggle to this day. ole doc became sensitive about it so we couldnt really rub it in. i dunno but even that was funney. love the corpsman

*RoUg3 MoD sTaTuS*
injunboy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-01-2009, 01:22 PM   #26
kitozudoto

injunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond repute
oh yeah one of the coolest pieces of gear i had to sign my life away for included these anti laser oakley sunglasses.. *yeah right!* basically when the fixed wings were in the pop and the target painted these shades would save our eyeballs.. haha and good luck to the rest of your body! o yeah we couldnt just wear these sumbits anytime it had to be only during operations.. haha *yeah right!!* thx to the boys in the wing for thinkin up this excuse for these hella fine shades

*RoUg3 MoD sTaTuS*
Old 01-10-2009, 03:01 AM   #27
is rockin & rollin \m/

Ndnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond repute
Ndnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond repute
Fixed wing...we only got their freqs and that was it...

R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Old 01-10-2009, 03:06 AM   #28
is rockin & rollin \m/

oh lookout, here comes the airwing now...

Old 01-10-2009, 08:28 AM   #29
is lost in reality...

LMFAO!!!!!!!............that was funny.....

Old 01-10-2009, 11:32 PM   #30
is rockin & rollin \m/

I saw B-1 and B-2 Bombers, some F-16's for OEF and OIF, but the 1st Gulf War, I saw every type of plane the U.S.A. had in its arsenal back then flying.

Now, mostly its just the good ole helo...love those Super Cobras and Apache attack helos.

Old 01-11-2009, 09:49 AM   #31
is lost in reality...

Seen Spooky a couple of times, called him once....devastating show he put on......alos saw Warthogs....Cobras....Blackhawks....LIttlebirds... ..F/18's, F/16's and a F/22 once.....Saw a couple C-5 Galaxys......C-130's.....and the usual USMC flying coffins......Phrogs and Super Stallions......

Old 01-11-2009, 12:01 PM   #32
Insert Image Here

SmokeEater has a reputation beyond repute
SmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 261.80
Being Arty, Air was the bane of our existence. They robbed us of a ton of fire missions that we could have shot with our GLMRS. My claim to fame (aside from being part of the first USMC HIMARS unit in combat) is that I got to ride in the new MV-22 Ospery in the box, during their first combat deployment. I was lucky enough to a hitch ASR on one. Like riding a roller coaster that was constantly going in one direction.

I could always hear the jets but never really saw them (except for times I was at a fixed wing base). Loved seeing 53's and Cobras.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:50 PM   #33
is rockin & rollin \m/

Yeah, saw ole Spooky in the 'Stan...he was using his infared spoylight over a village we were searching for a suspected cache...we found it and it took five trucks to get all the ordinance out of the basement.

Old 01-12-2009, 02:04 PM   #34
is lost in reality...

dayum! thats a big dump...*L*.....yeah, I never really liked looking for stuff.....not that it was dangerous or anything, just got bored with it every once in awhile.....ah well.....got to do what you got to do......anyway, theres a thing going on where they want to get away from the M-4 and go to something with more stopping power....like the 7.62 SCAR...I would definitely use a 7.62 round anyday....more stopping power and bang for your buck....and you don't have to go away from the classic M-4 look.....

Old 01-12-2009, 07:51 PM   #35
is rockin & rollin \m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50cal View Post
dayum! thats a big dump...*L*.....yeah, I never really liked looking for stuff.....not that it was dangerous or anything, just got bored with it every once in awhile.....ah well.....got to do what you got to do......anyway, theres a thing going on where they want to get away from the M-4 and go to something with more stopping power....like the 7.62 SCAR...I would definitely use a 7.62 round anyday....more stopping power and bang for your buck....and you don't have to go away from the classic M-4 look.....

I liked carrying the M-4 carbine...But the Marines got it right by going with that new M203 system...it holds what 6 rounds??? You can do alot of damage with that puppy... And it looks like the Army is trying to get rid of the ole M249. I know ours were getting beat up, and we got new barrels and stocks constantly.

Old 01-15-2009, 11:53 PM   #36
is rockin & rollin \m/

Camels in Afghanistan...my Humvee got blown up in Iraq...and I got awarded a Marine K-Bar & a Cert. Comm. in 1992 for 1/5 Super Squad @ 62 area.

And I carried a camera once inawhile. got some cool pix throughout my career.
Attached Thumbnails
camel-oef.jpg   my-humvee.jpg   usmc-award-ceremony-92.jpg  

Old 01-20-2009, 05:59 PM   #37
is rockin & rollin \m/

I carried hopes and dreams in my ruck..but they got taken from me... So now I walk the line.

Old 01-20-2009, 08:39 PM   #38
is rockin & rollin \m/

combat camera

NSB and one of my Marine Bros... Aco. 1/5, 2nd PLT @ Camp Fuji, Japan...and me and Doc in Okinawa, Japan 1987 Camp Hansen...goofing off.
Attached Thumbnails
camp-fuji-japan.jpg   2nd-plt-japan-1989.jpg   william-doc-1987.jpg  

Old 01-23-2009, 01:25 PM   #39
is rockin & rollin \m/

AT-4's...we carried them in Afghanistan...but not in Iraq...cause it caused too much collateral damage, the higher ups told us this B.S.....50cal, you get to carry the AT-4?

Old 01-23-2009, 02:41 PM   #40
kitozudoto

on my first wastpac we got volunteered for ship reaction force. the best part was we got to use the navys armoury and they had those old dogs in there. i fell in love with the M14, the M1 and 1911's our first sargent gave us the lowdown on these babys and some stories of course.

twice after singapore the next ship pulled this tow behind and we got to bust caps at it. standing on the flight deck aiming in on these targets was pretty much a joke but memorable.

we sat there and rubbed them back to clean, haha and loved it

*RoUg3 MoD sTaTuS*
Sponsored Links