Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree82Likes

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat > War Discussion Stuff you carried in combat Stuff you carried in combat

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-24-2009, 08:41 PM   #41
is rockin & rollin \m/

Items ElephantDevilPresentGuitar
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Ndnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond repute
Ndnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 76,397.87
Savings: 52.80
Seen those M79's on ship...dang, thought those went the way of the dinosaur...

R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Come on Rez Dawg, you can make it, just another step to go....
Ndnsoldierboy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-26-2009, 10:31 AM   #42
is lost in reality...

50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute
50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute
Location: where no buffalo roam, but the prairie dogs do.....
Credits: 404.87
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ndnsoldierboy View Post
AT-4's...we carried them in Afghanistan...but not in Iraq...cause it caused too much collateral damage, the higher ups told us this B.S.....50cal, you get to carry the AT-4?
one of my guys used it.....we carried it around with us in the vehicle.....LOL!!!!.....I was sure itching to use it though.....there's a video out from CNN that has us in there, and one of my guys uses an AT-4 to blow up a technical.....LOL!!!......the awesome power of that weapon is cool.......but, we carried it around for the most part during the Phase 1.....didn't get to use it Phase 2.......Afghanistan, just called in airstrikes or had the pigs unload on them......
Ndnsoldierboy likes this.

...And shephards we shall be. For thee my lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand. That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be. E Nomini Patri, E Fili, E Spiritu Sancti.
50cal is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-26-2009, 02:51 PM   #43
is rockin & rollin \m/

Ndnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond repute
Ndnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond repute
At least you got to use the AT-4 in Iraq. Our orders were to call our full bird Colonel ( Brigade CMDR) on the horn and get his blessing on using the AT-4 in OIF.

R.O.E. it can be a Mutha****** sometimes...

R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Old 01-26-2009, 02:56 PM   #44
is lost in reality...

50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, I hear you................R.O.E and the Geneva Convention are full of shyt sometimes.............what I hated was ROE changed almost every 4-5 days without notice, you did something, then your getting your azz chewed because it was by ROE......LOL!!!!....and you just did the same exact thing couple of days before......ah well......still made for many a good time.........

...And shephards we shall be. For thee my lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand. That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be. E Nomini Patri, E Fili, E Spiritu Sancti.
Old 01-26-2009, 02:59 PM   #45
is lost in reality...

"here comes the boom!!!!....here comes the boom!!!!"..............LOL!!!......the new Milkor Mulitshot USA mark 14.......

Old 01-26-2009, 03:02 PM   #46
is rockin & rollin \m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50cal View Post
Yeah, I hear you................R.O.E and the Geneva Convention are full of shyt sometimes.............what I hated was ROE changed almost every 4-5 days without notice, you did something, then your getting your azz chewed because it was by ROE......LOL!!!!....and you just did the same exact thing couple of days before......ah well......still made for many a good time.........
We couldn't go out unless our PLT LDR got the daily intel brief from S-2 and then he would tell us what they told him. R.O.E. and all kinds of B.S. that happened in other sectors in Iraq...not just Baghdad, where we patrolled all the time, but in Mosul, Ramadi, etc. It got old real quick listening too all that stuff.

Old 01-26-2009, 03:05 PM   #47
is lost in reality...

we were out on patrol once, and did some raids.....LOL!!!....come to find out, ROE had changed and we were no longer allowed to do what we had been doing....LOL!!!!....out LT was good about stuff but half the time he was trying to keep us out of trouble....what with all the contraband the Sgt Major found on his walk thru one night....LOL!!!!......ah well.......still got a good buzz......tell you one thing.....worse time to drink is combat, with temps hovering about 120, no water and no food......really smart......LOL!!!

Old 01-26-2009, 03:09 PM   #48
is rockin & rollin \m/

Quote:
we were out on patrol once, and did some raids.....LOL!!!....come to find out, ROE had changed and we were no longer allowed to do what we had been doing....LOL!!!!....out LT was good about stuff but half the time he was trying to keep us out of trouble....what with all the contraband the Sgt Major found on his walk thru one night....LOL!!!!......ah well.......still got a good buzz......tell you one thing.....worse time to drink is combat, with temps hovering about 120, no water and no food......really smart......LOL!!!
That wuz some funny s*** there...we didn't have the time to being doing any drinking...our command made sure of that.

Old 01-26-2009, 03:15 PM   #49
is lost in reality...

believe me, there is always time......especially if the haji's are right by the road.....they can time when to throw the bottle, same time they see you throwing some coin or MRE's......LOL!!!.....one time our convoy get stopped by the Gunny because he just happened to be looking in the mirror when the haji threw the bottle....LOL!!!.....Cpl Bean got his azz chewed in front of the entire company!!....LMFAO!!!!!...........it was awhile before anyone tried it again....

Old 01-26-2009, 03:26 PM   #50
is rockin & rollin \m/

only offenses I heard in my brigade about was a soldiers trying to steal from another soldier, one dissing on the Chaplain, and a white soldier using racial slurs about blacks.

Now, in the base paper, it was different they had doods busted for drinking, drugs, refusing to go out the wire, there was a few of the assaults on females as well in the paper.

Last edited by Ndnsoldierboy; 06-24-2015 at 02:51 AM..
Old 01-26-2009, 11:14 PM   #51
kitozudoto

injunboy has a reputation beyond repute
injunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,812.27
Savings: 0.00
never got buzzed during combat but we was gonna ride in the back of a five ton to 29 palms from mateo in pendleton. the plan was to get alittle loaded but that gin tricked us. yeah i just remember hangin on to the troop strap for dear life

*RoUg3 MoD sTaTuS*
injunboy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-27-2009, 05:39 PM   #52
is rockin & rollin \m/

I had a few shots of Jinro Soju once in Korea in 1987, nothing in Iraq or Afghanistan. I did see alcohol in the homes were had to search there, but never took anything from them, or the expat's on base who were bootlegging on base...in the middle east. Hell, some of the foreign soldiers on our base got to drink alcohol...they were not in the UCMJ in the 'Stan...

Old 01-29-2009, 01:47 PM   #53
is lost in reality...

http://www.fototime.com/4E31A4624FBE109/standard.jpg

Now this is badazz..........wonder when the Marines will utilize this weapon????........NSB, you guys using this yet????

Last edited by 50cal; 01-29-2009 at 01:52 PM..
Old 01-29-2009, 01:48 PM   #54
is lost in reality...

Old 01-29-2009, 02:50 PM   #55
is rockin & rollin \m/

Quote:
I have not seen one yet...The units I work with would probably kill themselves with something like this... I work with National Guard and Army Reserve and it is painful sometimes. Getting flagged alone by their M-16's by these clowns is not fun...I get on their case about this alot.

If anyone is gonna get this weapon it will be some active duty unit, like from the 101st, 2nd ID, 3rd ID, 82nd, or 10th MTN.

Old 01-29-2009, 03:16 PM   #56
is rockin & rollin \m/

Quote:

"here comes the boom!!!!....here comes the boom!!!!"..............LOL!!!......the new Milkor Mulitshot USA mark 14.......
This is what I want to carry into battle. Especially in Afghanistan.

Old 02-17-2009, 07:23 PM   #57
is rockin & rollin \m/

50cal...since you are going back to Afghanistan don't forget the snivel gear...

Old 02-25-2009, 08:14 PM   #58
is rockin & rollin \m/

Read in the USA Today about one of the units that we trained and they lost a soldier in Iraq the other day...it sucks reading that, but I always look for anyone I know that deployed to the 2-way range so to speak. I have seen peeps I know who are KIA.

Old 02-28-2009, 10:43 AM   #59
Experienced

Historian has a reputation beyond repute
Historian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 546.14
Savings: 0.00
You might be interested in a book titled:

"The Things They Carried", by Tim O'Brien, Houghton Mifflin, Boston, MA, 1990

While is is about the Vietnam War, you may still find it an interesting read.

"Be good, be kind, help each other."
"Respect the ground, respect the drum, respect each other."

--Abe Conklin, Ponca/Osage (1926-1995)
Historian is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-28-2009, 10:34 PM   #60
is rockin & rollin \m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Historian View Post
You might be interested in a book titled:

"The Things They Carried", by Tim O'Brien, Houghton Mifflin, Boston, MA, 1990

While is is about the Vietnam War, you may still find it an interesting read.

I read it...its a fiction book, but its pretty good book. I'm not too much of a military fiction reader...usually read true stories.

I have carried some flags in my ruck as well...got them stashed away in a footlocker now...

Sponsored Links