Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat > War Discussion Veterans' Circle Veterans' Circle

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-16-2004, 12:44 AM   #221
is lost in reality...

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute
50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute
Location: where no buffalo roam, but the prairie dogs do.....
Credits: 404.87
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chindi_Slayer
. Don't tell me it's battle stress and it's because they see their fellow soilders dying everyday, well if you can't handle the heat................go see a chaplain! Or better yet see a doctor....
Oh man, I know I am going to get killed for this one....LOL

Alright imagine yourself in the combat zone, the people you've grown with over the past so many months, years are getting killed right before your eyes. Now you have been told the possibility of stopping these actions are with the people you are imprisioning. Granted, putting your underwear isn't the right thing to do, but would you have done something if it met your fellow troops (family) were going to go home to their wives, mothers, girlfriends, children???? I would think so. Now their actions were a little too extreme, because every man has their limits on what they can do to another human (except for the terrorists), but I'm sure you would have done something. Because there, even under the most watchful eye, things happen...

Oh and as you well know, I have seen a chaplain and a doctor.....you tell me, did it help????

...And shephards we shall be. For thee my lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand. That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be. E Nomini Patri, E Fili, E Spiritu Sancti.
50cal is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-16-2004, 11:01 PM   #222
is lost in reality...

50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute
I was only joking with you about this.....I know we had already discussed this before, just ragging on you......... :lol2: :23:

Forgive me please??????:49: :dancing45 :35: LOL

...And shephards we shall be. For thee my lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand. That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be. E Nomini Patri, E Fili, E Spiritu Sancti.

Last edited by 50cal; 05-18-2004 at 03:32 PM..
Old 05-18-2004, 03:11 PM   #223
Pow Wow Visitor

glugluka is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Talking

Hello all, just found this thread. Good to see other native
vets. I work as a native vet rep in Idaho. Make
sure you people are using your benefits with the VA.
I find many vets are unaware that they can use the VA for
medical care ,"cheap" too. Toks'a kola's
Glu
glugluka is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-19-2004, 04:23 PM   #224
Ndnsoldierboy11b

Cool

Good to be back in the States...It is kinda hard to get back into the swing of things here for me...I have spent 7 years total overseas out my 14 years in so far. I wouldn't change my experiences though for anything. So far, its been pretty awesome travelling around...
  Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-20-2004, 01:00 AM   #225
PowWows.com Addicts

**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute
**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute
Location: just think trees, lakes, rolling hills n fresh air.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50calNDN
LOL... hate to say it but what a joke....Oh forgive me...
Corporal, USMC, 99-03. Was serving in country when we heard about that girl and what they did. We mourned for Piestewa and the others. We vowed revenge for what happened and we got our wish. But when we got back, we heard she was awarded the Bronze Star, Purple heart and P.O.W. medals. WTF!!!!!!!!!! She did nothing to uphold the traditions of the Army. Now I know nothing about the Army, just what my brother tells me (5th SFG), but I was wondering do slipups like this happen all the time there? In the Marines, we have our share of people who get awards that do not deserve them but holy s$%t! This is too much.....

Future retread as soon as my daughter is old enough to go to school. Love the s&^t too much to just completely give it up. LOL

OOh-rah!! Don't mean a thing.......

:army:
just me 50 Cal.
Rolling Stone has an article on PFC Lori Piestewa.......have you seen it???
**jdazmum** is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-20-2004, 10:53 AM   #226
is lost in reality...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo4Tango
Rolling Stone has an article on PFC Lori Piestewa.......have you seen it???
Uhhhh.....no...I want to get though.....

Old 05-29-2004, 06:01 AM   #227
THE HIPPIE KILLER

Speedy™ has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedy™ has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedy™ has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedy™ has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedy™ has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedy™ has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedy™ has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedy™ has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedy™ has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedy™ has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedy™ has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedy™ has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedy™ has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedy™ has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedy™ has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedy™ has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedy™ has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedy™ has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedy™ has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedy™ has a reputation beyond repute
Memorial Day

Just a few poems to honor my fallen brothers and sisters who made the ultimate sacrifice for their countries and our freedom. This Memorial Day please take at least a moment to thank and remember these people and their families in your thoughts and prayers. After what they have sacrificed it is the very LEAST you can do.

It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has gives us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier who salutes the flag, serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag that allows the protestor to burn the flag. -Unknown

Nobody loves a soldier until the enemy is at the gates - Unknown

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

"Wish You Were Here"

"For all the free people that still protest. You're welcome. We protect you, and you are protected by the best. Your voice is strong and loud, but who will fight for you? No one standing in your crowd. We are your fathers, brothers and sons, wearing the boots and carrying guns. We are the ones that leave all we own, to make sure your future is carved in stone. We are the ones who fight and die. We might not be able to save the world, well, at least we try. We walked the paths to where we are at and we want no choice other than that. So when you rally your group to complain, take a look in the back of your brain. In order for that flag you love to fly, wars must be fought and young men must die. We came here to fight for the ones we hold dear. If that's not respected, we would rather stay here. So please stop yelling, put down your signs, and pray for those behind enemy lines. When the conflict is over and all is well, be thankful that we chose to go through hell."

- Cpl. Joshua Miles and all the boys from 3rd Battalion, 2nd Marines, Kuwait

Daniel M. Widrich

Senior in sociology

FALLEN COMRADES
In the night I often see them
And I hear them speak again
From the land beyond the sunset
That is barred to mortal men
And they're still the same old cobbers
And they talk the same old way
Of Tobruk and Tel el Elsa
And of Sattelberg and Lae.
Some lie sleeping up in Egypt
Others rest on Shaggy Ridge
But there's naught in earthly distance
That their comradeship can't bridge
And on quiet summer evenings
When a zephyr stirs the trees
I can hear their ghostly voices
In the murmur of the breeze.

I am left, and I may prosper
But whatever is my share
In my inner heart I'm certain
That I never can compare
To the comrades who have left me
For whatever men may say
There's no Earthy honour equal
To their fame - the K.I.A.

Author Unknown

FALLEN SOLDIER
I was that which others did not want to be.
I went where others feared to go
and did what others failed to do.
I asked nothing from those who offer nothing
and reluctantly accepted the burden of loneliness.
I have seen the face of terror:
felt the stinging cold of fear:-
and enjoyed the sweet taste of a moments true love.
I have cried, felt pain and sorrow
But most of all
I have lived times that others would say were best forgotten.
After it all,
I will be all.
I will be able to say that I am proud of whom I am
A Soldier

Author Unknown

WHAT IS A VETERAN?
What is a veteran? Just look around.
Right where youre standing,
He fought for that ground.
A vet is a person who answered the call,
who went into war, and gave it his all.
He defined a way of life that we all love,
but much preferred peace, like the way of a dove.
He asked not the reason, as he stood in the trench.
He faltered not once in the muck and the stench.

As soldiers in legions, they stood side by side.
They knew some would fall, as many more died.
They whispered their prayers in a helmet of sweat.
Shells bursting above wouldnt let them forget.

Tears in their eyes as their friends lay so still.
One hour ago, he was king of the hill.
Many more wounded, spilling of life.
When will it end, the battle of strife?

For many the battles never will end,
Now they are civilians, and find they cant blend.
Some are disabled, and some are disturbed.
After coming home from hell,
They find theyve been curbed.
A veteran is special, to be not denied
He put it up front, he need never hide.

Now is the time to honor our vets.
Remember their pain, dont ever forget.
Remember them now, and give them their due.
Stand by their side, cause they did it for you.

Author Unknown

NEVER PERFECT
Mighty tough and proud of it, he did his country well,
But his pride was superficial, and no-one did he tell.
He told a few close buddies, who didn't give a damn,
Just said you didn't seem the same, since you went to Vietnam.

They didn't throw the ticker tapes; they didn't line the street,
You were the popular one, who was always clean and neat,

You were the larrikin, who made the women drool,
but the drums stop beating for a drunkard and a fool.

The one who fought the enemy in his dreams at night,
As mother told the children, your Daddy's just not right,

He loves us all so dearly but just can't tell us so,
It's something that happened so many years ago.

He's seeing a special doctor now, he'll be away for a while,
I saw him on the weekend; it was great to see him smile,

He's with a lot of lovely friends with children just like you,
And with help of all the staff, 1 hope they all pull through.

So don't worry my darlings, it's Daddy's private war,
He can't erase the memories of the things he did and saw,

I'm sure one day he'll tell us and I know we'll understand,
A problem shared is a problem halved; we'll see a different man.

We know he wont be perfect, he might still drink a bit,
But that fuse will be longer and less often will it be lit,

So go to sleep little ones, Daddy's in good hands,
You know we'll always love him and be his biggest fans.

Author Unknown
From a Mother and Wife
March 2001

:american: :tank: :army: :marching:
Old 12-11-2004, 01:57 AM   #228
Pow Wow Visitor

skunewas is an unknown quantity at this point
For our treasured Veteran's

At first I started the pow-wow, because my son and daughter dance in the pow-wows. Our family loved to listen to the drummers and watch the beautiful dancers. And now I am having my 4th annual pow-wow....of which is traditional, and I celebrate these pow-wows at 2 different venues. I solely try hard to raise enough money, but need more man and women power to help. My family helps, but would be nice if our community jumped in and helped out.
It's alot of hard work, I call that good tired, good medicine, it not only helps my family, but helps everyone who comes out to celebrate and honour our Veteran's who fought to keep us free in this country! This year I almost gave up, with my uncle passing away, I had a very hard time. Doing everything all alone, I felt, so I went to the river and forest, and then to visit an elder who made me feel totally strong again.....I did not burden her with how I felt but, just the way elders are and have a great way with us, who are trying to exist in the society we have to live in......I gave up my way of feeling in the river and forest, and was able to keep going,,to make the pow-wow happen. I can't just say no I not going to do the pow-wow this year, its just good medicine for everyone, including me.
skunewas is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-18-2005, 12:52 PM   #229
It is useless to resist.

Items ElephantDevilPresentGuitar
Ndnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond repute
Ndnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 101,395.84
Savings: 52.80
Quote:
Originally Posted by spottedeagle
Just curious if anyone belongs to any of the veteran groups like VFW, AMVets, American Legion, etc. And what everyones opinion is on these groups........
I am a life member of the 1st Marine Division Association, life member of VFW Post # 10276 (Hawaii), life member of the 25th Infantry Division(L) Association, life member of the A co. 1st Battalion, 5th Marines, and a life member of the 10th Mountain Division(LI).

I have been a member of the 22nd infantry and the 21st infantry regiments but decided not to be a life member cause I am in the divisions already they served in combat at. I did not join the 3rd Marine Division, the 4th and 9th Marine regiments cause they seem to never respond to my mail. I was with them in 1987, 98, 91. Will have to write to them again. I do not claim the reserve unit I was with which was the 104th Division out of Spokane, WA. Nor did I put them on my signature. They were a unit I thought sucked pretty bad.

I enjoy these groups alot. They send mail once inawhile and it keeps me in touch with some of the old vets I served with.

Semper Fi...

R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Last edited by Ndnsoldierboy; 05-18-2005 at 12:54 PM..
Ndnsoldierboy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-07-2005, 10:45 PM   #230
It is useless to resist.

Ndnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond repute
Ndnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond repute
I used to be a member of the American Legion Post #114 back home but one of the old post commanders I did not see eye to eye with so I got out of that group.

R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Old 06-10-2005, 05:00 PM   #231
~~~ Jedi Color Guard ~~~

SingingDeer has a reputation beyond reputeSingingDeer has a reputation beyond reputeSingingDeer has a reputation beyond reputeSingingDeer has a reputation beyond repute
SingingDeer has a reputation beyond reputeSingingDeer has a reputation beyond reputeSingingDeer has a reputation beyond reputeSingingDeer has a reputation beyond reputeSingingDeer has a reputation beyond reputeSingingDeer has a reputation beyond reputeSingingDeer has a reputation beyond reputeSingingDeer has a reputation beyond reputeSingingDeer has a reputation beyond reputeSingingDeer has a reputation beyond reputeSingingDeer has a reputation beyond reputeSingingDeer has a reputation beyond reputeSingingDeer has a reputation beyond reputeSingingDeer has a reputation beyond reputeSingingDeer has a reputation beyond reputeSingingDeer has a reputation beyond reputeSingingDeer has a reputation beyond reputeSingingDeer has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 105.03
I served ... USN 1983-1986

when I dance at pow wow I dance for my family members who cannot or choose not to dance...

my hubby (USN 1966-69, 1971-86) and my father (USN Korean war)

(there are others, but I don't recall which service some of them were in... most were army or navy)

"We could learn a lot from a box of crayons:
some sharp, some pretty, some dull,
some have weird names, & all different colors,
but they have to learn to live in the same box." ~ Anon
SingingDeer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-23-2006, 10:31 AM   #232
It is useless to resist.

SPEEDY...your old unit is in OEF...not sure where though. with 2-87 and the new unit from Fort Polk...who wear the 10th MTN DIV patch as well. Why the hell they wear the 10th "Motown" patch is beyond me as they are way in the south and not in NY.

Old 05-26-2006, 10:14 AM   #233
It is useless to resist.

There have was a U.S. Sailor MIA in Iraq back in April of 2006. He was in a vehicle that crashed in a canal and was reported missing.

Old 06-01-2006, 07:23 PM   #234
It is useless to resist.

1-32 is at a Jahlahabad, Afghanistan. Saw them in the Stars and Stripes the other day.

Old 06-30-2006, 10:59 PM   #235
It is useless to resist.

Speedy...OEF has really heated up over there. Its hot there and before you know, it will be snowing again in Afghanistan....I alwys considered that to be THE roughest place to fight in of all the places I have traveled to...

Old 07-01-2006, 10:23 AM   #236
Gimpy Old Dancer

Hazben has a brilliant futureHazben has a brilliant futureHazben has a brilliant futureHazben has a brilliant futureHazben has a brilliant futureHazben has a brilliant futureHazben has a brilliant futureHazben has a brilliant futureHazben has a brilliant futureHazben has a brilliant future
Credits: 100.00
Savings: 461.90
M'gwitch Speedy for this thread and m'gwitch to all veterans, both those still with us and those who have walked on and to those serving now.

USN '69-'77
Old 07-03-2006, 09:44 AM   #237
Pow Wow Visitor

NDNShooter is an unknown quantity at this point
New in the Circle

Hau all,

Thought I would fall into the formation.

Did the Army thing. 2/503INF in Korea and 3/502INF in 101st Airborne in Iraq. A little National Guard time too, but I don't count that much.

Now, I am "independent contractor" doing EP/PSD (Exec Protection/Private Security Detail) and Physical Security work. Can't stay away from trouble, I guess. I try to throw the guns away, but the damn trigger is spot-welded to my finger....

Been off the Pow Wow trail for a few years. Time to hit a few this summer maybe. Having a frybread deficit just thinking about it....
Old 07-04-2006, 02:05 AM   #238
It is useless to resist.

welcome aboard NDNshooter from a lifer...

Shoot, move, communicate...

Locate, Close with and Destroy...

Old 07-05-2006, 02:50 PM   #239
Pow Wow Visitor

NDNShooter is an unknown quantity at this point
Pilamaya, Kola!

For some people, its a job.
For others, its in the blood.
Old 07-06-2006, 05:35 AM   #240
It is useless to resist.

I will be back here next year with the 10th MTN. DIV. "Climb To Glory!"
Infantry Leads the Way...

I don't know about you, but I look forward to coming back here...

Sponsored Links