Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat > War Discussion Veterans' Circle Veterans' Circle

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-07-2003, 04:51 PM   #101
Pow Wow Visitor

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Feathers is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally posted by bqueton

First of All, Jibby, do you really think I went there to fight for the Man. I went to the military to make something of myself. I take it that you will never understand the military and the people who go to it. I did it for my people, not the president.
I just dont like the orders that were handed to them.
I think that the ones out there now don't exactly like their orders either, it's time to bring them home, we acheived the directive Iraq won't recover for a long time. Why stay somewhere we arn't wanted or needed just to make one man feel like a man?

When I joined the Marines I agree that I did NOT do it for "the Man" but for me! For the knowledge I got out of it,( that most I pass on to others) and for the travels I got to do, besides I met someone very special to me even if it were only for a few years. But I can guarentee he did not join for any other reason than for himself and the knowledge he to passed on to others! I might not have gotten to have the children that I did otherwise, or get to meet the wonderful people that I have over the years.
Old 09-07-2003, 06:33 PM   #102
Retired

Awahili is an unknown quantity at this point
I was an Army nurse for twenty years. I know I certainly didn't join up for any man! I went through hell in Viet Nam! O saw alot of death back then from both sides, it's not a pretty site. I still have a bullet shard in my spine that finally decided to rear it's ugly head and remind it it's there!
I don't like all this Iraq stuff it reminds me of that mess I was in so many years ago, I think our young ones need to come home too!

But I honestly think that all our young high schoolers need to at least do two mandatory years of some military service. IF for no other reason than to learn just what it is to be out in the world. It truly opens your horizons and teaches you to stand on your own. Besides all this college benefits you get now I don't know why they arn't jumping at it!

Last edited by Awahili; 09-07-2003 at 06:38 PM..
Awahili is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-08-2003, 10:15 AM   #103
FANMAKR

spottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond repute
spottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 819.61
Savings: 1.00
Welcome to the circle Tvskekee, bqueton, and Awahili!!!!!!!!!

We all have different reasons for joining the military, but I don't think anyone joins the military for anyone but themselves and their own personal reasons, that is unless you were drafted.

https://www.facebook.com/SpottedeagleFans

Last edited by spottedeagle; 09-08-2003 at 10:19 AM..
spottedeagle is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-10-2003, 09:34 AM   #104
THE HIPPIE KILLER

Speedy™ has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedy™ has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedy™ has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedy™ has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedy™ has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedy™ has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedy™ has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedy™ has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedy™ has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedy™ has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedy™ has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedy™ has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedy™ has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedy™ has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedy™ has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedy™ has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedy™ has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedy™ has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedy™ has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedy™ has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Tvskekee
US ARMY1990- 2000 -SSgt

705th MP Company-Desert Storm
7th Special Forces Group- Central American Operations - 7 years
Then I finished off my tour with FORCE XXI project as an advisor-Experimentation and Research for the Army of the Future.

Jibby I agree with what you said but I had no regrets letting "the man" train me;) now what I mean?

MY grandpa would say, get trained, take advantage then bring those skills back with you for the people:)
Welcome aboard Ssgt. Wow so you got to play with all the new toys from Natick Labs eh? Where you attached to 7th SFG or did you actually go 18 series? As far as fighting for the man I have mixed emotions about it. On one hand I don't always agree with the CIC, but I do what I am told. It is my duty. Were we justified in invading Iraq? Perhaps not, is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein? Undeniably. The Iraqi people and the entire Middle East will eventually benifit from his ousting. The people at home who disagree aren't the ones doing the fighting. They never are. If you ask the people that are, they will tell you they miss home, but believe in what they are doing. Most of them anyway. If I hadn't joined the Army, I'd be a worthless punk right now. They taught me many trades, values and a sense of honor and duty. These things are invaluable in life. If you can endure the rigors of military life, everything else is a cakewalk.
Old 09-10-2003, 11:22 AM   #105
THE HIPPIE KILLER

Speedy™ has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedy™ has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedy™ has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedy™ has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedy™ has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedy™ has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedy™ has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedy™ has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedy™ has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedy™ has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedy™ has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedy™ has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedy™ has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedy™ has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedy™ has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedy™ has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedy™ has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedy™ has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedy™ has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedy™ has a reputation beyond repute
name change

Well folks, just so ya know, I've modified my name from hispeedlowdrag to Speedy. Most folks on the boards have taken to calling me this so I made it official.;)
Old 09-10-2003, 11:51 AM   #106
Circus Director

traci_m has a reputation beyond reputetraci_m has a reputation beyond reputetraci_m has a reputation beyond reputetraci_m has a reputation beyond repute
traci_m has a reputation beyond reputetraci_m has a reputation beyond reputetraci_m has a reputation beyond reputetraci_m has a reputation beyond reputetraci_m has a reputation beyond reputetraci_m has a reputation beyond reputetraci_m has a reputation beyond reputetraci_m has a reputation beyond reputetraci_m has a reputation beyond reputetraci_m has a reputation beyond reputetraci_m has a reputation beyond reputetraci_m has a reputation beyond reputetraci_m has a reputation beyond reputetraci_m has a reputation beyond reputetraci_m has a reputation beyond reputetraci_m has a reputation beyond reputetraci_m has a reputation beyond reputetraci_m has a reputation beyond reputetraci_m has a reputation beyond repute
Speedy, you brought up an excellent point: My dad joined the Navy "just because". He was actually too young the first time he tried to join. He lived in a po-dunk town, not going anywhere but trouble, and he went into the Navy to get some direction and discipline.

Now I see him in comparison to his brothers and sisters. He has been married for 30+ years, has had only two jobs (both very long-term) in those two years, and has a house that is paid for. His life is humble--nothing flashy or what others might think of as desireable, but one of his brothers has already passed (from drinking and drugs), his two step-sisters live off the government and anyone else who will give them money (and they are able-bodied, middle-aged women), his other brother never has a steady job or a steady relationship, and his sister also has a lot of turmoil in her life.

Things aren't always easy for my dad, and he's no saint (though I think he is most of the time), but he is the first to tell anyone who asks that his service in the Navy is what has allowed him to have a stable foundation at a young age, thus bringing him to where he is now.
traci_m is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-10-2003, 12:10 PM   #107
Guakia Taino Yahabo

Tvskekee has a reputation beyond reputeTvskekee has a reputation beyond reputeTvskekee has a reputation beyond reputeTvskekee has a reputation beyond reputeTvskekee has a reputation beyond reputeTvskekee has a reputation beyond reputeTvskekee has a reputation beyond reputeTvskekee has a reputation beyond reputeTvskekee has a reputation beyond reputeTvskekee has a reputation beyond reputeTvskekee has a reputation beyond reputeTvskekee has a reputation beyond reputeTvskekee has a reputation beyond reputeTvskekee has a reputation beyond reputeTvskekee has a reputation beyond reputeTvskekee has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 323.00
Actually speedy, I worked with Raytheon and LockheadMartin while I was stationed at Ft. Hood and another civilian company that designs weapons specificaly for special operations....man I wish I could talk about those weapons:)

My experience with SF actually started with 20th group out of Ft Lauderdale when they were still down there, now they are based out of Camp Blanding. I would go there for drills and to prepare for selection but I never went through all the training because of family. Instead I went active duty Army and was able to work with SPECOPS guys again when I was in the ForceXXI project when we experimented with new weapons systems. Ive got GREAT pictures!lol

As far as why I joined..many different reasons. I wanted to be a warrior, I remember hearing stories about the old warriors, honor, duty to your people, I heard names like Opothleyahola, Osceola, Menawa, Billy Bowlegs, Tecumseh Anacaona, Rec Cloud, Sitting Bull and more and remember thinking"what would it have been like to ride with them, to fight with them to protect your people and the old ways?" I wanted to get help with my education, and I wanted to be the best that I could possibly be, I didnt want to be like eveyrone else around me wasting theyre lives away. I dont think people realize others cirumstances or they assume that if theyre life was good growing up then so was everyone elses.

How many people here know what it feels like to I grow up eating one meal a day? Where the only way you got to eat was if you and your grandpa were able to catch something when you hunted cause $268 dollars that Social Security gave them just didnt cut it. I was 5ft 9 inches and weighed 110lbs when I joined at 17 and that was only because I had to eat 3lbs of bannanas the night before in order to meet the Army's MININUM weight requirement. With no hope for a future, most of my brothers in jail and I refused to go down that route even though everyone tried to pull me down with them"If we coudlnt do it what makes you think you can"

I rarely said the pledge of allegiance and I did not fight for the flag although I do pay it respect because many have died for those colors to fly. I fought for Indian Country, this will always be our land no matter what flag flies over it,maybe one day even our own:D But I do know that I am a TOTALLY different person today because of the military. Ive got my s*** straight, I served between 1990-1999, have been working as a Computer Systems Analyst for the University since I got out, got a bachelors degree and Im almost finished with a double major while working full time and making the Deans list. I would have not accomplished ANY of these things if it hadnt been for the military discipline, job training and skills.

For me the military was my only way out and I will NEVER regret going in. Chances are I would be company for my brothers in prison somewhere or dead. But I am damn proud to have served with other Warrior Men and Women from nations all over Turtle Island and now, if the fires come in our generation, then I am more than just prepared;)

I have lots of freinds, you just cant see them:)

Last edited by Tvskekee; 08-30-2010 at 06:31 PM..
Tvskekee is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-10-2003, 03:51 PM   #108
StrongWillowsSister

WolfTears has a reputation beyond reputeWolfTears has a reputation beyond reputeWolfTears has a reputation beyond reputeWolfTears has a reputation beyond reputeWolfTears has a reputation beyond reputeWolfTears has a reputation beyond reputeWolfTears has a reputation beyond reputeWolfTears has a reputation beyond reputeWolfTears has a reputation beyond reputeWolfTears has a reputation beyond reputeWolfTears has a reputation beyond reputeWolfTears has a reputation beyond reputeWolfTears has a reputation beyond reputeWolfTears has a reputation beyond reputeWolfTears has a reputation beyond reputeWolfTears has a reputation beyond reputeWolfTears has a reputation beyond reputeWolfTears has a reputation beyond reputeWolfTears has a reputation beyond reputeWolfTears has a reputation beyond repute
Very well said ! I agree we joined so we had a way out or up what ever ppl want to call it . It was not like it was handed to us on a silver platter an they said free money line up here.
WolfTears is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-11-2003, 06:52 PM   #109
Ndnsoldierboy11b

Hi there fellow Ndn vets and family....Still alive and kickin' over here in the 'Stan and hope you are all doing well back in the states...Shout out to my Nez Perce people and other northwestern tribes....

Ndnsoldierboy11b:flag:

10th Mountain Division
"Climb To Glory"
  Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-11-2003, 07:18 PM   #110
StrongWillowsSister

WolfTears has a reputation beyond reputeWolfTears has a reputation beyond reputeWolfTears has a reputation beyond reputeWolfTears has a reputation beyond reputeWolfTears has a reputation beyond reputeWolfTears has a reputation beyond reputeWolfTears has a reputation beyond reputeWolfTears has a reputation beyond reputeWolfTears has a reputation beyond reputeWolfTears has a reputation beyond reputeWolfTears has a reputation beyond reputeWolfTears has a reputation beyond reputeWolfTears has a reputation beyond reputeWolfTears has a reputation beyond reputeWolfTears has a reputation beyond reputeWolfTears has a reputation beyond reputeWolfTears has a reputation beyond reputeWolfTears has a reputation beyond reputeWolfTears has a reputation beyond reputeWolfTears has a reputation beyond repute
Stay safe good to see ya ! Check out the recent pow wow pics in the gallery They are from the Hopkinsville Trail of Tears Pow Wow last weekend.
Old 09-12-2003, 09:12 AM   #111
FANMAKR

spottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond repute
spottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Glad to hear from you NdNsoldierboy11b!!!!!! Stay safe and return soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-12-2003, 10:07 AM   #112
THE HIPPIE KILLER

Quote:
Originally posted by Ndnsoldierboy11b
Hi there fellow Ndn vets and family....Still alive and kickin' over here in the 'Stan and hope you are all doing well back in the states...Shout out to my Nez Perce people and other northwestern tribes....

Ndnsoldierboy11b:flag:

10th Mountain Division
"Climb To Glory"
Good to hear from ya bro!
Old 09-18-2003, 02:52 PM   #113
THE HIPPIE KILLER

I just saw on the news that they are making a movie about that retard Lynch.
Old 09-18-2003, 04:08 PM   #114
StrongWillowsSister

Well I for one wont watch it . There were more than just one that day ...where is their book or story ... Why do they keep this going an going ...I for one am sick of it.
Old 09-18-2003, 07:04 PM   #115
FANMAKR

Add my name to your list MenNie!!!!!!!!!!:Mad

Old 09-18-2003, 07:11 PM   #116
StrongWillowsSister

LOL SpottedEagle you already on my list lol bead fever for ever are us lol ...so you mean I gotta make a new list ...lol ...Be safe all you brother an sister vets . I am on a seriouse bead quest so if you dont hear from me send help cuz the bead monsta got me ...Peace.:D
Old 09-19-2003, 11:13 AM   #117
Tiny Tot Dancer

bqueton has a reputation beyond reputebqueton has a reputation beyond reputebqueton has a reputation beyond reputebqueton has a reputation beyond reputebqueton has a reputation beyond reputebqueton has a reputation beyond reputebqueton has a reputation beyond reputebqueton has a reputation beyond reputebqueton has a reputation beyond reputebqueton has a reputation beyond reputebqueton has a reputation beyond reputebqueton has a reputation beyond reputebqueton has a reputation beyond reputebqueton has a reputation beyond reputebqueton has a reputation beyond reputebqueton has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Speedy
they are making a movie about that retard Lynch.
Hopefully, she would be the honorable and honest one and use this chance to honor and remember those that where with her that day. If you ask me, she isn't the hero of that day. To me the hero's are the ones that won't come home.
bqueton is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-23-2003, 01:22 AM   #118
THE HIPPIE KILLER

We all know that won't happen. Anyway, at least there are still those of us that do remember those worth remembering.
Old 09-24-2003, 06:09 PM   #119
Pow Wow Visitor

WolfsBird is an unknown quantity at this point
It's official

I'm HOME!

I never thought that just pulling a muscle could cause so much sh*t! Not just pulled, but actually RIPPED. Now I'm on Medical out, but at least I'm home. They are still looking at some microscopic surgery and I have to wear a back brace, can't dance, hard to just walk, I still don't have the hang of this walker they gave me. But I'm HOME.

How do you explain to friends who want to give you this big Welcome Home Hero party that you ain't no hero, just a clutz? I don't even want to see or hear from my friends, it's all they talk about.
Old 09-24-2003, 06:47 PM   #120
StrongWillowsSister

Its all good you served you might feel like a clutz BUT WELCOME HOME .
Just tell them how you feel . AN maybe they will understand. Glad you made it home . Hope you heal soon!
Sponsored Links