Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat > War Discussion What do we think of the draft? What do we think of the draft?

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-14-2004, 04:14 PM   #1
HAPPY!!!

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
nativehunny has a reputation beyond repute
nativehunny has a reputation beyond reputenativehunny has a reputation beyond reputenativehunny has a reputation beyond reputenativehunny has a reputation beyond reputenativehunny has a reputation beyond reputenativehunny has a reputation beyond reputenativehunny has a reputation beyond reputenativehunny has a reputation beyond reputenativehunny has a reputation beyond reputenativehunny has a reputation beyond reputenativehunny has a reputation beyond reputenativehunny has a reputation beyond reputenativehunny has a reputation beyond reputenativehunny has a reputation beyond reputenativehunny has a reputation beyond reputenativehunny has a reputation beyond reputenativehunny has a reputation beyond repute
Location: I live where the sun meets the land, where the eagles and raven fly free.
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Question What do we think of the draft?

Will it happen or not?
Old 10-21-2004, 09:06 PM   #2
is lost in reality...

50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute
50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute
Location: where no buffalo roam, but the prairie dogs do.....
Credits: 404.87
Savings: 1.00
I say go for it, know what freedom actually tastes like......LOL!!!

...And shephards we shall be. For thee my lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand. That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be. E Nomini Patri, E Fili, E Spiritu Sancti.
50cal is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-22-2004, 09:36 AM   #3
"First Born"

Chebon is on a distinguished road
That is a tough question. I personally served in the Army Infantry. Since I have finished serving, and been in the workplace, I would be terrified to serve with some of the young kids coming out of high school today. They have NO respect, and NO honor. I understand that bootcamp helps with those things, however society has become to liberal.!!

Chebon
Chebon is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-22-2004, 12:32 PM   #4
Cloud Dancer

AngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond repute
AngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chebon
That is a tough question. I personally served in the Army Infantry. Since I have finished serving, and been in the workplace, I would be terrified to serve with some of the young kids coming out of high school today. They have NO respect, and NO honor. I understand that bootcamp helps with those things, however society has become to liberal.!!

Chebon
Arent they already drafting? I prolly have my definitions wrong but i watched a news session about how a bunch of people that have been out the service fer years have been called back to duty, and there was guy in his 50's (hadnt served in like over 10 years) that they called back and he was all freaked out about it, but as a good Soldier he was willing to do his duty. Is this something they do before they do the draft?
I do not agree with the war but i sure admire the troops and thier courage to go fight on behalf of the people and thier countries.
AngelFeather is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-22-2004, 05:41 PM   #5
is lost in reality...

50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelFeather
Arent they already drafting? I prolly have my definitions wrong but i watched a news session about how a bunch of people that have been out the service fer years have been called back to duty, and there was guy in his 50's (hadnt served in like over 10 years) that they called back and he was all freaked out about it, but as a good Soldier he was willing to do his duty. Is this something they do before they do the draft?
I do not agree with the war but i sure admire the troops and thier courage to go fight on behalf of the people and thier countries.
LMFAO! No, it's not part of no draft. I understand that you do not understand or did not get the whole story in this. Those that have been recalled are reservists. Either that or Officers. When officers become commissioned, they have in their commission a clause that states they can be recalled back to active duty if it is befitting to the military. Most of the time it is because they need someone in their respective fields of specialty. For those not to get recalled, they have to resign their commission, thus giving up their officer status. And therefore not become a part of the recall. It's also about the same for enlisted personnel as well. Most of the time though it is only because they absolutely cannot do without that person because of experience and operational know-how. But it hardly ever happens. So you can rest assured Angel feather, you aren't going to be drafted anytime soon. Unless, WWW3 starts and you can worry then. But if it does, I'll be the gentlemen and let you cut ahead of me in line. LOL!!

...And shephards we shall be. For thee my lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand. That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be. E Nomini Patri, E Fili, E Spiritu Sancti.
Old 10-22-2004, 11:17 PM   #6
Cloud Dancer

AngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond repute
AngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond repute
LMAFOROFL...Umm no wont be inlisting anytime soon :P wasnt worried about being draftd hehe...was just wondering was, just a tad confused, but i understand it now since and Ill leave the fighting up to you good soldiers, im not in agreement with the war anyway, well not for the reason that were given. But it didnt hurt to ask so thankyou for answering and clarifying that up fer me :)Peace be with you and your fellow troops.
AngelFeather is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-24-2004, 11:44 PM   #7
www.wakalapi.com

Wakalapi has a reputation beyond repute
Wakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 336.00
I believe the most recent vote in Congress was overwhelmingly against imposing any draft. The military, though stuck with a few disrespectful punks from today's generation of HS grads, is still better off with voluntary enlistee's rather than dragged-kicking-and-screaming, disgruntled draftee's who might just as well sabotage any war effort as help it. Not that all or even most draftee's would be that way, why drag any bad apples in at all? The military and the administration knows this (believe it or not, the administration still knows this) and is not pushing for a draft.

I PREDICT: It won't happen for our current Iraq situation. In 20 years? 50 years? Ever? Who the knows.
Old 10-25-2004, 04:32 PM   #8
HAPPY!!!

nativehunny has a reputation beyond repute
nativehunny has a reputation beyond reputenativehunny has a reputation beyond reputenativehunny has a reputation beyond reputenativehunny has a reputation beyond reputenativehunny has a reputation beyond reputenativehunny has a reputation beyond reputenativehunny has a reputation beyond reputenativehunny has a reputation beyond reputenativehunny has a reputation beyond reputenativehunny has a reputation beyond reputenativehunny has a reputation beyond reputenativehunny has a reputation beyond reputenativehunny has a reputation beyond reputenativehunny has a reputation beyond reputenativehunny has a reputation beyond reputenativehunny has a reputation beyond reputenativehunny has a reputation beyond repute
Location: I live where the sun meets the land, where the eagles and raven fly free.
Question Draft

I hear that if Bush is re-elected that he may possibly do a draft and this time he is going to pulling the ladies out as well...that is a rumor in my political class...I really don't know though.
Old 10-25-2004, 04:57 PM   #9
*~the REAL me~*

Joe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond repute
Joe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond repute
Last time I checked, only congress can pass laws...NOT the president. There is NO way this would ever get thru congress...this 'rumor' sounds like a scare tactic...pre election...both candidates have already said this ISN'T going to happen...and although things change and people lie, it would be TOTAL political suicide for either party to implement a draft...
C
Joe G is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-26-2004, 12:34 AM   #10
is lost in reality...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nativehunny
I hear that if Bush is re-elected that he may possibly do a draft and this time he is going to pulling the ladies out as well...that is a rumor in my political class...I really don't know though.
Did you also hear that there is going to another civil war??? LOL!!! Rumors!!! Why do people believe them so much??? Draft is not going to happen ever again. Like Wakalapi said, we don't need any shytbags in the military. We have enough!! And believe colonah04, it's just a scare tactic to win votes.......

Old 10-28-2004, 04:25 PM   #11
It is useless to resist.

Items ElephantDevilPresentGuitar
Ndnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond repute
Ndnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 105,761.69
Savings: 52.80
The draft? Will not happen anytime soon. I have to laugh about this rumor I always see in the news. The moms and dads of America would be taking the military to court. So we don't need draftees at all.

I know we can handle it from here.

R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Ndnsoldierboy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-21-2004, 02:26 PM   #12
kitty cat lover

curiousity has a brilliant futurecuriousity has a brilliant futurecuriousity has a brilliant futurecuriousity has a brilliant futurecuriousity has a brilliant futurecuriousity has a brilliant futurecuriousity has a brilliant futurecuriousity has a brilliant futurecuriousity has a brilliant futurecuriousity has a brilliant future
Credits: 80.00
I have to say that you all are pretty knowledgeable. But please go to the government site and look up a billthere trying to pass called S89. This is a scary bill and I will let everyone draw there own conclusions as to how it will or won't happen. Someone sent it to me and I had to check it out to believe it wasn't just a scare tactic but is in fact still being reviewed and voted upon in the Congressional House. God Bless our Troops.

Last edited by curiousity; 11-22-2004 at 11:01 AM..
curiousity is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-22-2004, 09:56 AM   #13
Junior Dancer

Gail405 is an unknown quantity at this point
The one's being called back are reservists, W/ critical MOS. Meaning their job. Everyone is supposed to serve an 8 year obligation, 1 way or another. After active duty they go into the Ready reserve. Some serve as reservist duty. Most don't have to serve out their obligation. These are the one's being tapped to return to active duty. I doubt if the draft will fly again. They have so many young people trying to go in service(bonuses) Their putting them way off as to going to MEPS I believe. Thats the 1st step now I guess. The Air Force is closing it's recruiting offices. They just have no slots, and people are backed up trying to get in. The other services aren't quite so bad, people wise. They are still signing up a few. About all the services have reached their recruiting quotas. There seem to me to be many reasons for this patriotic expressions. But most of them a money bonuses.IMO. Sam is suggesting he is putting out good money for these future military personell. But I say watch out, you greedy cruits. The hammer may fall right on top of you.IMO GES
Gail405 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-21-2005, 07:20 PM   #14
It is useless to resist.

Ndnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond repute
Ndnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousity
I have to say that you all are pretty knowledgeable. But please go to the government site and look up a billthere trying to pass called S89. This is a scary bill and I will let everyone draw there own conclusions as to how it will or won't happen. Someone sent it to me and I had to check it out to believe it wasn't just a scare tactic but is in fact still being reviewed and voted upon in the Congressional House. God Bless our Troops.
On June 10th 2005, the ole "draft" thing came again cause of the lack of folks signing up for the military. This is tough job, especially infantry where I've been for over 15 years and in no way shape or form do I need someone who needs to be weened from their mommas t**** working for me. Stay home and wave your flags from a safe distance.

I don't see whats so "scary" though about putting in some time in the military if you can hang, and doing something for your country... this new "Pepsi generation" is a buncha punks who ask for nothing and worship nothing but themselves and have no respect for this country and the very freedom I give them and that goes for any other clown out there that doesn't like the military.

"Fidelity, Honor, Valor". motto of the 3rd Mar. Div.

These words mean nothing to losers, punks, and clowns who don't like what I do for them and this country. **** them...

my 2 cents...

Bushmaster 2-1, Weapons Squad Leader, out.

R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Old 06-21-2005, 07:32 PM   #15
Teen Dancer

tsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,027.94
My brother's over there, a Marine Sargent.

We were raised to love our land, our country that Creator gave us, but to not trust the Government.

He's been through 2 tours now and excels at being an Officer. I am very proud of him because he is doing a job that I cannot do, although part of me wishes I could. I am not physically able to assist, our older brother was already in the Navy and Dad already served his time.

I am thankful to him and to every vet, shoot, to anyone who served. But I hate the Bush Administration and what they have done in this. It makes me sick thinking that all this really, really boils down to is brown people killing other brown people, and for what?

I don't want to sound disrespectful to anyone-my families' military history pre-dates the 1860's, and I am thankful for the sacrifices my realtions and others have made-afterall, Democracy comes with a price-but just becuase we disagree with the War does not make us any less American-or less NDN.

there's my 2 cents.
tsuj510 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-21-2005, 07:48 PM   #16
It is useless to resist.

You seem to forget we are the target of a race of brown people regardless if your brown or not, you are an American and guess what? They want to kill you. I'm going on my 4th tour of duty over there and I'll be damned if anyone is going to kill anymore over here with a plane or whatever else they can think of.

Old 06-21-2005, 08:20 PM   #17
toneinmill

toneinmill will become famous soon enough
Unhappy

undefinedundefinedundefined
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ndnsoldierboy
The draft? Will not happen anytime soon. I have to laugh about this rumor I always see in the news. The moms and dads of America would be taking the military to court. So we don't need draftees at all.

I know we can handle it from here.
Old 06-21-2005, 08:44 PM   #18
It is useless to resist.

And the draft has still not happened of course...it won't happen...keep your punk kids at home...we can take it from here....

Old 06-22-2005, 06:35 PM   #19
plains n8tv

tradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond repute
tradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond repute
Heres my 2 cents. Being called to serve and protect your country is an honor...however, calling high school students to serve in the military is just plain stupid. How many high school kids to right to college and graduate? When you graduated from high school, did you know what you wanted to be when you "grow up"? I know I didn't, and the military is wanting to "draft" these kids to go and protect our country. Boy, I feel safe. The few and proud people who choose to join the military are much better off without "kids" who don't have respect for themselves much less the country.

...never underestimate the power of stupid people in groups...

If quizzes are "quizical"...What are tests?
tradish_wiyan is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-22-2005, 09:36 PM   #20
PowWows.com Addicts

**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute
**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute
Location: just think trees, lakes, rolling hills n fresh air.
Right on NdnSoldier!!! tell it like it is!!! LOL!

PEOPLE........THERE'S NOT GOING TO BE A DRAFT, SO DON'T GET YOUR TROUSERS IN A BUNCH!