Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Please vote for the 2004 PowWows.com Princess. View Pictures and Profiles below.
AmberDawn Dennin 114 33.53%
Shannon Lynn George 122 35.88%
Julie Elizabeth Ray 62 18.24%
Jaimie Allyson Skeeter 42 12.35%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat > PowWows.com Contests, Poll, and Games 2004 PowWows.com Princess Contest 2004 PowWows.com Princess Contest

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-12-2004, 10:11 AM   #1
Webmaster

Items PresentUser Name Style ChangeSteal PointsCake
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Paul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond repute
Paul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 9,940.82
Savings: 0.00
2004 PowWows.com Princess Contest

The four finalists are:

Jaimie Allyson Skeeter
AmberDawn Dennin
Shannon Lynn George
Julie Elizabeth Ray

Below are thier profiles. Please read and vote for who you think would make the best Princess.

Thanks and good luck to the four of you.

Last edited by Paul G; 02-12-2004 at 12:44 PM..
Paul G is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-12-2004, 10:13 AM   #2
Webmaster

Paul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond repute
Paul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond repute
This poll will end on 2/29/04.
Old 02-12-2004, 10:14 AM   #3
Webmaster

AmberDawn Dennin

Profile:
http://www.powwows.com/gathering/mem...fo&userid=1848

Picture

Please provide a brief biography of yourself.

Hello. My name is AmberDawn Dennin. My tribal affliation is Cherokee/Cree. My mother's name is Mary Dennin and my maternal Grandmother's name is Hulda Anna Dudley. I have been adopted into the White Face family of Wounded Knee, South Dakota. My Uncle's name is Matthew.
I am 19yrs. old. I reside with my parents.
I am currently a student and will be starting Tribal Studies courses next fall as I am pursuing a future career in Tribal Law.
I have never been married, nor do I have any children.
I have been a past princess for the AICA of North Carolina Committee in 2001. This past year I represented the First Nations Powwow at IU in Bloomington, Indiana as the First Attendant. I was proud to represent both of these fine committees. Because of the opportunity to serve in this position I have met so many nice people and have so many fond memories.

Why do you want to represent PowWows.com as Princess?

I would like to represent Powwows.com as Princess because I am proud to be a member of Powwows.com and am proud of the job it does to promote and encourage learning of the various native cultures, and teaching tolerance and acceptance of all traditions.

Since I became a member in 2000 (i took this name after becoming princess in 2001) I have seen this site really grow and become a site that is well respected and become a much valued site of information. I would like to be given the opportunity to represent the site at all the various powwows, dances and functions I attend all over the many states I travel each year. I would do this to the best of my ability and in a way as to be not only becoming to the title, but to make the many members of this site proud of choosing me as their goodwill ambassador.

Another reason I would like to serve in this position is to try and be a role model for those younger than myself. I realize in this world today that good role models are becoming more rare among our age group. And I am not perfect but I would like to encourage their continued learning of their own culture and also be open to learning of each others tribal differences. I would make myself available for them to feel free to ask me questions or just to share the importance of learning and sharing with each other. I would like to show them this is what the site is about, the gathering and sharing at the powwows, in the past, the present and on into the future which now includes the added arena of being on the Internet.

Thank you for your time,
AmberDawn Dennin

Last edited by Paul G; 02-15-2004 at 11:15 PM..
Old 02-12-2004, 10:15 AM   #4
Webmaster

Shannon Lynn George

Profile:
http://www.powwows.com/gathering/mem...fo&userid=5956

Picture

I am the current Miss NAIA of Detroit (north american indian association)

I was born in Detroit but moved to Canada. I was raised with good values. My family always taught me to do the best I can and to always represent myself and present myself with dignity and respect.

I am 19 years old and still have a lot of things to learn but I feel that in the past year alone i've learned a lot of things about myself and more about my community.

I went for the title last year but the people spoke and decided on Powwowchic. She has done a good job of representing the site and the people that come to the site. I believe I can do the same thing, but in my own way. I am a regular poster here at pws.com and have made some good "homies" but have also met a lot of different people from the site, both online and in person.

Last edited by Paul G; 02-16-2004 at 11:17 AM..
Old 02-12-2004, 10:17 AM   #5
Webmaster

Julie Elizabeth Ray

http://www.powwows.com/gathering/mem...o&userid=12403

Picture

I am a 16 year old sophomore at Camden Central High School. I enjoy all kinds of subjects, my favorite is art. In art I usually do Native American crafts when we have the option. And my teacher is always very intrested to learn about what I'm doing, so I have fun explaining these things to people who want to learn about our culture. I am a member of the Chippewa tribe from the LCO reservation, which is located in northern Wisconsin. I enjoy traveling, dance, music, and of course powwows. Along with powwows, I enjoy learning as much as I can about my own tribe as well as many others. I also like designing and making jingle dresses, which is the category of which I dance. If I was able to I would dance all through out the year, every week! When I have the time, my mother and I volunteer at hospitals, and many other places, which is another thing I like to do. And when I get the time, I'm visiting powwows.com, searching for powwows, looking at pictures, and chatting with fellow Natives!

I would absolutely love to represent Powwwows.com because I think it would be an awesome role for me to carry out, which I could and would do to the best of my abilites. I would stand up proud at all the powwows I attend, knowing that I am representing you guys as well as your users! So hopefully I will be able to fulfill this duty. If not this year, I can and will try again in all the years to follow. So if it is me that is chosen, I am ready to take on all the responsibilities of this title with a smile!
I haven't been a member of the site for longer than a few months, but I have been visiting it for a while. So I think it would be a whole lot of fun! Since I am on here a lot, searching for powwows, looking at everyone's pictures and crafts, and chatting. That way further down the road I could be like, " Yeah, I was Princess of Powwows.com!" I can't express in typing this as much as I would like to do this, but I hopefully I did!

Last edited by Paul G; 02-15-2004 at 11:25 PM..
Old 02-12-2004, 10:18 AM   #6
Webmaster

Jaimie Allyson Skeeter

Profile:
http://www.powwows.com/gathering/mem...o&userid=12858

Pictures

Im 14 years old I am a southern cloth dancer.im a shell shaker from Polecat and Duck creek ceremonial grounds im Creek Euchee and Cherokee im of the Deer clan I live in Tulsa, Oklahoma im in the eighth grade at edison prepetory school i have been dancing at pow-wows for about two or three years and have been stomp dancing since I could walk

I would like to represent PowWows.com as princess because its a great honor to be a princess and i have never had the honor to be a princess and i would like to have that responsibility and be a roll model to our younger generation.

Last edited by Paul G; 02-16-2004 at 11:10 AM..
Old 02-12-2004, 10:23 AM   #7
Webmaster

I have asked all 4 contestants to submit pictures to me of themselves. I will post these on Monday, 2/16/04.

Thanks
Old 02-13-2004, 03:22 PM   #8
Teen Dancer

Stirbaby is on a distinguished road
Credits: 0.00
good work Mr. Paul.
Stirbaby is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-14-2004, 09:21 AM   #9
Webmaster

Wow 105 votes in the first 2 days.

And the voting is very, very close!
Old 02-17-2004, 09:18 PM   #10
Webmaster

Please continue to vote.

This is extremely close!! Right now the 1st and 2nd are seperated by only 2 votes!
Old 02-18-2004, 11:13 AM   #11
old school fool

Items Change User Title
RainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond repute
RainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 748.00
Oh my word! I cant believe my reign is almost up! I'll have to have my farewell party at Reds and get SNAGS to drive me around in his snaggon wagon so's I can wave goodbye!!!:Chatter

Good luck ladies! Your all beautiful NDN style! :)
RainyDaze49 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-18-2004, 11:33 AM   #12
Webmaster

Quote:
Originally posted by Red_Passion49
Oh my word! I cant believe my reign is almost up! I'll have to have my farewell party at Reds and get SNAGS to drive me around in his snaggon wagon so's I can wave goodbye!!!:Chatter

Good luck ladies! Your all beautiful NDN style! :)
Thanks for all the work you did, you represented the site well!

:D
Old 02-19-2004, 05:49 PM   #13
Addy's Mommy

~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 436.00
this is a site of interest....well maybe lol

this is the NAIA of Detroit website....

NAIA DETROIT

Last edited by ~*~ShanLyn~*~; 02-20-2004 at 04:09 PM..
~*~ShanLyn~*~ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-19-2004, 08:41 PM   #14
Pow Wow Visitor

peachy keen is an unknown quantity at this point
Way to advertise gurl fren!!!
Seriously if you have a princess title you aren't supposed to run for another one I thought. That is why I chose not to run. Even though my title will be retired in June. I don't see how a person can represent two titles and be fair to each ya know. Just my opinion. But hey I'm no hater or nuthin so do what ya gotta do.
peachy keen is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-19-2004, 10:17 PM   #15
Mz. Beanie

Ima Humanbean has a reputation beyond reputeIma Humanbean has a reputation beyond reputeIma Humanbean has a reputation beyond reputeIma Humanbean has a reputation beyond reputeIma Humanbean has a reputation beyond reputeIma Humanbean has a reputation beyond reputeIma Humanbean has a reputation beyond reputeIma Humanbean has a reputation beyond reputeIma Humanbean has a reputation beyond reputeIma Humanbean has a reputation beyond reputeIma Humanbean has a reputation beyond reputeIma Humanbean has a reputation beyond reputeIma Humanbean has a reputation beyond reputeIma Humanbean has a reputation beyond reputeIma Humanbean has a reputation beyond reputeIma Humanbean has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by peachy keen
Seriously if you have a princess title you aren't supposed to run for another one I thought.
I don't see how a person can represent two titles and be fair to each ya know.
Actually you are right in the fact that it is not proper protocol. Some organizations have requirements for their princesses.
Ima Humanbean is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-19-2004, 11:17 PM   #16
Addy's Mommy

~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute
there is nothing in my rules etc that I can't hold another title.
It was something that I considered before I entered, but if the committee for pws.com felt that it would not work out then I doubt I would have made it into the finalists. And if I felt that I couldn't represent both titles equally then I also wouldnt have entered. I feel that I have the ability to represent both as I find the time to be regularly online at pws.com and also get out in my community and represent the organization.
Pws.com and NAIA are two completely different types of organizations. I know my responsibilities for my current title, I have a good schedule of events within the organization such as meetings and presentations (speaking at various places etc), but these events are entirely separate from any type of representation that I would give to Powwows.com

If anyone has a problem with me running, then I'll drop out of the race if thats what they feel is right.

I know my personal limits better than anyone.
Old 02-20-2004, 12:01 AM   #17
Banned

SqUish will become famous soon enough
hayy this is for realL??? i jess thought it was for sh*Ts n giggles
SqUish is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-20-2004, 01:11 AM   #18
Tiny Tot Dancer

Charlie TwoShirts has a reputation beyond reputeCharlie TwoShirts has a reputation beyond reputeCharlie TwoShirts has a reputation beyond reputeCharlie TwoShirts has a reputation beyond reputeCharlie TwoShirts has a reputation beyond reputeCharlie TwoShirts has a reputation beyond reputeCharlie TwoShirts has a reputation beyond reputeCharlie TwoShirts has a reputation beyond reputeCharlie TwoShirts has a reputation beyond reputeCharlie TwoShirts has a reputation beyond reputeCharlie TwoShirts has a reputation beyond reputeCharlie TwoShirts has a reputation beyond reputeCharlie TwoShirts has a reputation beyond reputeCharlie TwoShirts has a reputation beyond reputeCharlie TwoShirts has a reputation beyond reputeCharlie TwoShirts has a reputation beyond repute
that's the sad part, it is for real. you would think one listing on this sight would be with out the bytchen on here. yah i don't agree with running again but i ain't gonna bytch aboout it.

i would just ask if you win you would have two titles. two crowns and two sashes. who's would be worn in grand entry, you cant represent both then;)
Charlie TwoShirts is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-20-2004, 08:45 AM   #19
Webmaster

The judges did not see this as a problem, so she was selected as a finalist. And there are nothing in our rules about our Princess having another title.

If you don't agree with it, the way to express that is in your vote.
Old 02-20-2004, 04:05 PM   #20
Addy's Mommy

Quote:
Originally posted by Charlie TwoShirts
that's the sad part, it is for real. you would think one listing on this sight would be with out the bytchen on here. yah i don't agree with running again but i ain't gonna bytch aboout it.

i would just ask if you win you would have two titles. two crowns and two sashes. who's would be worn in grand entry, you cant represent both then;)
its not about choosing between them, because that isnt fair to either organization. but as far as i know Pws.com doesnt have a crown (yet), and Im sure there would be other ways to show that i represent Pws.com in a different way, something unique, who knows....but thats if I'm chosen. I could still wear 2 sashes...they could still announce me as representing 2 titles....its not so complicated

I won't be heart broken if I'm not chosen because there is no reason to be, if someone else wins then the majority believes they'd better represent Powwows.com if you don't feel that I'd be a good representative for the site then don't vote for me. But by all means read my bio on the other site, and if I don't possess the values etc that you want from a princess then don't vote for me.

and I don't see anyone bytchen....i see them expressing their opinions so by all means, express your opinions, and i'll express mine right back because I don't feel like I'm doing anything wrong here, so people can "bytch" all they want, because my thoughts aren't going to change.

Last edited by ~*~ShanLyn~*~; 02-20-2004 at 04:12 PM..
~*~ShanLyn~*~ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links