Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat > PowWows.com Contests, Poll, and Games 2009 PowWows.com Princess Nominations 2009 PowWows.com Princess Nominations

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-24-2008, 04:01 PM   #1
Webmaster

Items PresentUser Name Style ChangeSteal PointsCake
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Paul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond repute
Paul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 9,940.82
Savings: 0.00
2009 PowWows.com Princess Nominations

Please post your nominations for the 2009 PowWows.com Princess in this thread. The nomination must come for the individual themselves. Please post only nominations in this thread, other posts will be removed.

If you would like to enter the Princess Contest, please post the following information:

Name
Tribal Affiliation
Brief biography about yourself
Why you would like to represent PowWows.com.

For more information, please visit:

Nominations close 11/30/2008
Paul G is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-24-2008, 05:51 PM   #2
Chillaxin in da smokies

walelaGA has a reputation beyond reputewalelaGA has a reputation beyond reputewalelaGA has a reputation beyond reputewalelaGA has a reputation beyond reputewalelaGA has a reputation beyond reputewalelaGA has a reputation beyond reputewalelaGA has a reputation beyond reputewalelaGA has a reputation beyond reputewalelaGA has a reputation beyond reputewalelaGA has a reputation beyond reputewalelaGA has a reputation beyond reputewalelaGA has a reputation beyond reputewalelaGA has a reputation beyond reputewalelaGA has a reputation beyond reputewalelaGA has a reputation beyond reputewalelaGA has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Krista Miller
Metis, Eastern Band Cherokee
**I attached photos**

I am originally from Georgia but now live in North Carolina. I am currently obtaining a Master's degree in counseling. I also currently work on our reservation here in North Carolina doing substance abuse therapy. I love going to powwows. I dance southern cloth and I sing with a southern style drum. I also am learning to do beadwork.

I would like to represent PowWows.com because I feel that I am a well-rounded individual with a good head on my shoulders. I am also an advocate for substance abuse treatment using our traditions to heal. I believe that by incorporating traditions in treatment we can help heal the destruction of our culture. I would like to be able to get this message out to the people.
Attached Thumbnails
sa551009.jpg   clinton-farms-powwow-08-014.jpg  
walelaGA is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-27-2008, 05:43 PM   #3
Livving the Good Life

Miss C. Abitong has a reputation beyond reputeMiss C. Abitong has a reputation beyond reputeMiss C. Abitong has a reputation beyond reputeMiss C. Abitong has a reputation beyond reputeMiss C. Abitong has a reputation beyond reputeMiss C. Abitong has a reputation beyond reputeMiss C. Abitong has a reputation beyond reputeMiss C. Abitong has a reputation beyond reputeMiss C. Abitong has a reputation beyond reputeMiss C. Abitong has a reputation beyond reputeMiss C. Abitong has a reputation beyond reputeMiss C. Abitong has a reputation beyond reputeMiss C. Abitong has a reputation beyond reputeMiss C. Abitong has a reputation beyond reputeMiss C. Abitong has a reputation beyond repute
Cheyenne Abitong
Ojibway

Aanii
Cheyenne Abitong N'dizhnakkaz
Mide 'O' Kwe N'digo
Z'agmok Doonjibaa
Midaswi shi shaswai doonsibonigis

My personal Philosphy is to honor our culture and identity, I achieve this by abstaining from alcohol and drug use, through continuous learnig of our culture ways, such as ceremonies, jingle dress, fancy shawl dancing, hand drumming and abiding by the 7 grand father teachings; of love, truth, humility, wisdom, bravery, honesty and respect. Where i am from not many youth or adults participate in our wonderful dance and songs, its been tough for me but I am Proud of our culture and embrace it every day.

My interests are to pursuit knowledge and wisodm through cultural interactions, meeting new people, seeking out opportunities for personla growth and development. Just recently, I was a youth representive of Sagamok Anishnawbek youth at the Anishnawbek Nation Chiefs gathering. Again I was pleased to represent not only my reserve but my Origin at the Three fires Confederacy Gathering in Garden River First Nation. All of these gathering have opened up my eyes to a whole new wolrd. A world that I know I can make a difference in.

In the Future I plan to attain a post-secondary education in Environmental Sciences so I can contribute to a change in public policy of resource management for the benefit of future generations. I believe in the care of mother earth and that we each are responsible for putting our teachings in to action for the careful calance of living within the sacredness of life.

I would like to represent Powwows.com because I look at this as a window to many oppurtunities that await each year for any young individual
as they represent this wonderful site. Its simple as that, this site is well known and a great way to meet people and share your powwow experiences.
I may have never been a princess before but I have represented my Reserve and family as Role Model
I Love what i do and very proud of who i represent everyday, Anishnawbek People.

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by Miss C. Abitong; 10-27-2008 at 05:47 PM.. Reason: forgot something and had to make some little chanhes
Miss C. Abitong is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-28-2008, 09:19 PM   #4
Tiny Tot Dancer

Dancing~Frog13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Brandi Yant, 16
Cherokee & Muskogee Creek.
-Muskogee East of the Mississippi Village of The Descendants

I am originally from South Carolina but I have lived in Florida most of my life. I am a Jingle dress and Fancy shawl dancer and I pow wow as often as I can. One of my favorite things about going to pow wows is teaching the younger ones, I love kids and I love teaching them as much as possible, they are our future.
I will be getting my High School Diploma next year and will be working towards getting a degree in computer programming. I also currently run the website for my tribe and for the past year I have represented the Sopchoppy Intertribal Pow Wow as their princess.

I have been a member of PowWows.com since 2006 and I've come to learn what a community it is. I would like to represent PowWows.com because I believe it is a good place to come, to meet new people, find new pow wow's you probably never would of heard of any other way, get information and best of all it connects people that probably never would of talked any other way. I know being crowned a Princess for anywhere is an honor and if I got crowned as PowWows.com Princess, I would definitely wear the title proudly.
Attached Thumbnails
me-again.jpg  
Dancing~Frog13 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-01-2008, 10:36 AM   #5
Webmaster

Paul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond repute
Paul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond repute
Question Threads

walelaGA
http://www.powwows.com/gathering/pow...ml#post1245628

Kaina1128
http://www.powwows.com/gathering/pow...ml#post1245629

Miss C. Abitong
http://www.powwows.com/gathering/pow...ml#post1245630

Dancing~Frog13
http://www.powwows.com/gathering/pow...ml#post1245632
Old 12-04-2008, 09:58 PM   #6
maxine

wade&maxine is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 2,100.72
My name is Angel Broken Nose, I am 15 years old I go to high school at Oelrichs high school in Oelrichs, South Dakota.
I want to be the next Powwows.com princess because i access the web site and see much new ideas that are out on the circuit and I wish to represent the powwows.com pricess so people here in the Dakota's region know that one of thier own is running for the powwows.com
Personal history:
My name is Angel Cordelia Broken Nose Nick name Skuya win
I am a Nortern style buckskin traditional teen girls traditional dancer
My mom and dad are Maxine and Wade Broken Nose
I have 6 sisters and 9 brothers
I am the 5th oldest in my family
one of my older sisters is currently in the armed forces she is currently stationed in
Hawaii she went to two tours in Iraq and she is the mother of one daughter.
I come from a long line of Veterans
my uncles and aunts have also served in the armed forces and some have not come back
from the Vietnam war.
I am a part of the women's warrior society in Kyle, South Dakota
My mom is a first generation college graduate and so is my dad.
My family drum group is the White River Crossing drum Group
My brothers and sisters all sing and dance and participate in the local powwow circuit but
in the summer months we travel to many far away ones even to Schemitzun in Conn.
We also travel to Denver March Powwow in March.
Last year we actually went and participated
my relatives are a part of the Denver March powwow committee so we don't enter the
contest out of respect for our relatives.
I really don't know what else to say except
powwow hard and see you along the trail some where.
wade&maxine is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-05-2008, 09:45 AM   #7
Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade&maxine View Post
My name is Angel Broken Nose, I am 15 years old I go to high school at Oelrichs high school in Oelrichs, South Dakota.
I want to be the next Powwows.com princess because i access the web site and see much new ideas that are out on the circuit and I wish to represent the powwows.com pricess so people here in the Dakota's region know that one of thier own is running for the powwows.com
Personal history:
My name is Angel Cordelia Broken Nose Nick name Skuya win
I am a Nortern style buckskin traditional teen girls traditional dancer
My mom and dad are Maxine and Wade Broken Nose
I have 6 sisters and 9 brothers
I am the 5th oldest in my family
one of my older sisters is currently in the armed forces she is currently stationed in
Hawaii she went to two tours in Iraq and she is the mother of one daughter.
I come from a long line of Veterans
my uncles and aunts have also served in the armed forces and some have not come back
from the Vietnam war.
I am a part of the women's warrior society in Kyle, South Dakota
My mom is a first generation college graduate and so is my dad.
My family drum group is the White River Crossing drum Group
My brothers and sisters all sing and dance and participate in the local powwow circuit but
in the summer months we travel to many far away ones even to Schemitzun in Conn.
We also travel to Denver March Powwow in March.
Last year we actually went and participated
my relatives are a part of the Denver March powwow committee so we don't enter the
contest out of respect for our relatives.
I really don't know what else to say except
powwow hard and see you along the trail some where.
I'm sorry but you have missed the deadline for entries.
Old 12-08-2008, 02:08 AM   #8
REZIN RIDE

Items Elephant
stillrezin has a reputation beyond reputestillrezin has a reputation beyond reputestillrezin has a reputation beyond repute
stillrezin has a reputation beyond reputestillrezin has a reputation beyond reputestillrezin has a reputation beyond reputestillrezin has a reputation beyond reputestillrezin has a reputation beyond reputestillrezin has a reputation beyond reputestillrezin has a reputation beyond reputestillrezin has a reputation beyond reputestillrezin has a reputation beyond reputestillrezin has a reputation beyond reputestillrezin has a reputation beyond reputestillrezin has a reputation beyond reputestillrezin has a reputation beyond reputestillrezin has a reputation beyond reputestillrezin has a reputation beyond reputestillrezin has a reputation beyond reputestillrezin has a reputation beyond reputestillrezin has a reputation beyond reputestillrezin has a reputation beyond repute
Location: 3rd tipi on the left just past the broken down car and the pack of rez dogs chasing horse's
Credits: 200.00
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul G View Post
awww man.

i missed out this year also.

oh well maybe next year is the year i win it.

juss kidding

...GoT GreaSe?...

www.Grease.It.Ayye.com
RezinInc

stillrezin is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-29-2008, 12:22 PM   #9
Ready to dance

Items Treasure ChestElephantGuitarPresent
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 63,056.53
Quote:
AW! That's too bad. I think we need a princess from out west.
Old 12-29-2008, 12:26 PM   #10
Ready to dance

Items Treasure ChestElephantGuitarPresent
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 63,056.53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaina1128 View Post
Unfortunately, I am forced to withdraw my bid for Powwows.com Princess. My fiance was recently tasked to deploy and we have moved up our wedding date to before he leaves. Since this will make me married before crowning, I have to withdraw from the competition. Thank you very much to everyone who offered me words of encouragement.

Best of luck to the remaining competitors!

Nit'shiik'shnii'taki,

Amileah

PS: Let me know if you want a Powwows.com Queen ayeee!
Darn!! But congrats!!! Kaina for Powwow Queen!!
Old 01-13-2009, 03:10 PM   #11
Procrastinator Tater

Items Treasure Chest
JinglnCrazyLilBird has a reputation beyond reputeJinglnCrazyLilBird has a reputation beyond repute
JinglnCrazyLilBird has a reputation beyond reputeJinglnCrazyLilBird has a reputation beyond reputeJinglnCrazyLilBird has a reputation beyond reputeJinglnCrazyLilBird has a reputation beyond reputeJinglnCrazyLilBird has a reputation beyond reputeJinglnCrazyLilBird has a reputation beyond reputeJinglnCrazyLilBird has a reputation beyond reputeJinglnCrazyLilBird has a reputation beyond reputeJinglnCrazyLilBird has a reputation beyond reputeJinglnCrazyLilBird has a reputation beyond reputeJinglnCrazyLilBird has a reputation beyond reputeJinglnCrazyLilBird has a reputation beyond reputeJinglnCrazyLilBird has a reputation beyond reputeJinglnCrazyLilBird has a reputation beyond reputeJinglnCrazyLilBird has a reputation beyond reputeJinglnCrazyLilBird has a reputation beyond reputeJinglnCrazyLilBird has a reputation beyond reputeJinglnCrazyLilBird has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 656.08
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
I was totally going to run... but I decided to continue to defend my title as biggest dork. It's a tough job! After all, I'm still trying to promote falling as a legitimate dance move. lol

Good luck to all the candidates! I lurve getting to meet all these bright young ladies! See ya on da powwow trailz.

JinglnCrazyLilBird is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links